Daily Polling Round-up: Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Daily Polling Round-up: 6/24/09

Obama Remains At 55% Approval

Pollster: Rasmussen Reports

Date: June 21-23

Sample: 1500 Likely Voters

Toplines: Approve 55%-Disapprove 44%

Discussion: President Barack Obama remains at 55% in today’s Rasmussen Daily Tracking Poll. He receives positive marks from 22% of Republicans, 88% of Republicans, and 47% of Independents. Also, President Obama is at +2 in the Rasmussen Approval Index. This Index is found by taking the number that strongly approve and subtracting the number that strongly disapprove. This is the first time in 4 days that Obama is in positive territory.

Obama stays at 60% Approval

Pollster: Gallup

Date: June 21-23

Sample: Approximately 1500 Adults

Discusssion: President Obama has no change in his approval today in Gallups Daily Tracking Poll. He is still at 60%. However, the number disapproving of his job performance increased by 1% since yesterday.

Cuomo the Favorite for NY-GOV, Gillibrand Susceptible to Primary

Pollster: Quinnipiac University

Date: June 16-21

Sample: 2477 Registered Voters

Toplines: Cuomo 57%-Paterson 20%; Maloney27%-Gillibrand 23%; Giuliani 52%-Paterson 34%, Cuomo 51%-Giuliani 39%, Gillibrand 44%-King 28%, Maloney 42%-King 26%

Discussion: Democratic Governor David Paterson is still in perilous shape should he decide to run for re-election. Attorney General Andrew Cuomo appears to be the front-runner, enjoying high favorables, and easily defeating Paterson in the primary, and then Giuliani in the general. Onto the senate race, Freshman Democrat Kirsten Gillibrand, appears to be vulnerable to a primary challenge from the left. Gillibrand is considered a “conservative” Democrat by New York standards, and progressives are not happy about that. No matter who wins the Dem primary, it seems they will easily defeat Congressman Peter King, should he decide to run.

Charlie Crist Up Big Over Democratic Opponents

Pollster: Rasmussen Reports

Date: June 22

Sample: 500 Likely Voters

Toplines: Crist 50%-Brown 29%; Crist 46%-Meek 28%

Discussion: This is no surprise but Crist has big leads over his challengers. He has high favorables and the other candidates are still widely unknown. Interestingly, Rasmussen decided not to include Marco Rubio in any of the matchups. Bonus finding in this poll: Obama’s approval in the state is only at 46%.

Obama at 51% Approval in Ohio

Pollster: Public Policy Polling

Date: June 17-19

Sample: 619 Ohio Voters

Toplines: Approve 51%-Disapprove 40%

Discussion: President Obama has the approval of the majority of Ohio voters. He receives positive marks from 81% of Democrats, 11% of Republicans, and 49% of Independents. This is significant considering he received 51% of the vote there in November meaning that he has failed to garner any additional support beyond that.

Christie Still Leads Corzine

Pollster: Strategic Vision

Date: June 19-21

Sample: 800 Likely Voters

Toplines: Christie 51%-Corzine 39%

Discussion: Republican Chris Christie leads Democratic incumbent Jon Corzine by 12 points in the race to become New Jersey’s Governor. In Strategic Vision’s last poll in April, Christie lead by 11 points, so the race has remained stable for a while now. If Corzine wants to make up the difference he has to start doing something soon before it gets too late. This is now 14 straight polls where Christie has lead Corzine outside of the margin of error. Corzine has not lead in any poll since the Bush administration was in office. The last three polls taken of the race indicate that it is a double-digit race.

39% of Voters Believe Their Taxes Will Go Up Under Obama

Pollster: Rasmussen Reports

Date: June 21-22

Sample: 1000 Likely Voters

Toplines: 39% say taxes will go up, 40% say taxes will stay same, 10% believe they will go down

Discussion: The number of Americans who believe their taxes will go up under President Obama has reached a new high. This number is up 3 points in two weeks, and 8 points since his inaugaration. It is striking that only 10% believe their taxes will go down, considering Obama ran on a platform of tax cuts for 95% of Americans.

1. 2009 June 24 6:11 pm
    rightwingyahoo permalink

Every single night?

2. 2009 June 24 6:15 pm

Show of hands- who wants the update daily vs weekly?

3. 2009 June 24 6:22 pm
    Brandon permalink

If it’s weekly, it will be way too long. And RWY, if you don’t like it, there’s other threads you can go to. No one is forcing you to read it.

4. 2009 June 24 6:23 pm
    MFG permalink

Daily is overkill

I REALLY like Brandon doing this for us though

I suggest twice a week, perhaps Monday and Friday

5. 2009 June 24 6:35 pm
    RepublicanPundit permalink

Thursday, Tuesday, Saturday. plus any significant changes.

6. 2009 June 24 6:36 pm
    Brandon permalink

Whatever you guys want is fine with me. 🙂

7. 2009 June 24 6:37 pm
    MFG permalink

What RP said

8. 2009 June 24 6:37 pm

I concur with MFG.

Come Sept. next year, yeah daily.

9. 2009 June 24 6:38 pm
    MFG permalink

LSU 7-4 in the 6th

Bases still loaded for LSU

Please, please please we need a hit…

10. 2009 June 24 6:38 pm
    MFG permalink

Hit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9-4

Are we gonna win this…???

11. 2009 June 24 6:40 pm

I know one thing. If Obammy has to scrap farm subsidies to fund all his other efforts he will be dead in Ohio, Illinois and Kansas.

12. 2009 June 24 6:41 pm
    MFG permalink

Wait’ll the price tag for the Global Warming Scam kicks in, DD…

13. 2009 June 24 6:46 pm
    rightwingyahoo permalink

I am not saying once a week, we need to see the trends and tie them to events. But every night?

14. 2009 June 24 6:48 pm
    MFG permalink

RWY

How about what RP said: T TH S

Makes sense

15. 2009 June 24 6:50 pm
    Brandon permalink

Yeah and daily is a bit much for me too, I might not always have time to do it.

16. 2009 June 24 6:56 pm
    conservativetony permalink

Brandon,

How about mixing ’em up the polls too. We don’t really need a poll on Obama favorites every week.

Monday works for me because many polling orgs post their findings on that day. How about Wed for anything else.

17. 2009 June 24 7:17 pm

“Yeah and daily is a bit much for me too, I might not always have time to do it.”

If you do it I say post it… if you don’t, do not feel the need to spin one out, feeling like you have to do it can take the enjoyment out of blogging.

18. 2009 June 24 7:37 pm
    MFG permalink

LSU 11-4 in the 9th

Going to get it done

Sweet…….

19. 2009 June 24 7:44 pm

Tues, Thurs, Sat is fine with me. Actually, the way I want to start doing things is Tu&Th only guest posters anyway. 2 guest posts (one morning, one afternoon) and Brandon’s polling report in the evening? Let me see how we can work it all out. 🙂

20. 2009 June 24 8:01 pm

Holy crap… (via powerline)
    3.4 Trillion ????

21. 2009 June 24 8:07 pm

Knighthawk – don’t worry, its only paper. We can print more – yes we can!

22. 2009 June 24 8:13 pm

KH,

If I did my numbers right that’s $7500 a year per uninsured person. For that amount of money you can buy insurance for a family of 4 from CIGNA or UHC. That’s why I say, just provide is as a tax credit and cut out the BS bureaucracy.

23. 2009 June 24 8:21 pm

Nope it’s gotta first be taken filtered and spit back out to whom they say Dr!
    I’d bet even if you used the original number of around 1.3 trillion or I think that worked out to like 4100$ a piece, be you industry would bend over backwards to setup plans to get a piece of that action on the individual front.

24. 2009 June 24 8:23 pm
    chekote permalink

Maybe instead of a thread, we could have a sidebar with polling info and Brandon can update it as he has time. Kinda like RealClearPolitics.

25. 2009 June 24 8:25 pm

KH,

Coverage for my wife and I are just a tad under $4k a year. This proposal is madness.

26. 2009 June 24 8:28 pm

Brandon –

I can’t tell you how many times I’ve seen that “green” ad directed at your congressman on FNC in the past two days.

27. 2009 June 24 8:34 pm

Of course it’s madness, I’m glad I never did acid cause other wise I’d be wondering if I was stuck in flashback since around February 1st.

28. 2009 June 24 9:00 pm

personnaly I like Tuesday-Thursday-Saturday…but that’s me. Regardless of how often we have the thread, I am VERY appreciative of Brandon doing this!! VERY!!

cheers,
    Justrand

29. 2009 June 24 9:03 pm

Hey they are apparently re-making the “V” series on ABC next year.

Quotes from the trailer for the series.
    “They came in peace..”
    “They offered us HOPE..”
    “They said there was nothing to fear”
    “Don’t ask us any question that would portray us negatively”
    “They lied”
    “The visitors didn’t just get here they’ve been here for year”
    “Once they got control of use they set out to cause world wide instability”

Hmmm does this sound familiar. 😉

30. 2009 June 24 9:05 pm

31. 2009 June 24 9:33 pm

KH,

Sounds like a retro metaphor for an anti-Obama meme.

32. 2009 June 24 11:06 pm
    gerryowen permalink

I vote whenever Brandon feels like posting it- at least 3 times a week.

I also think I need to take a trip to Argentina, no particular reason, except the girl Bill Clinton was hanging with is some kind of hot!

Lastly, I cannot WAIT for the cap and trade vote this Friday. If anything in the world has the potential to wake this country up to the tyranny we face and the idiocy we have elected, it will be that.

I halfway hope it passes……

Apologies for the rambling here, but my most wonderful wife (who informed me I do not have any business in Argentina) bought me a kegerator for Father’s Day, and I have FINALLY got the regulator set right (I think)…

33. 2009 June 24 11:11 pm
    gerryowen permalink

KH-
    I remember V way back when, it was really cool when the baby shot out the long tongue, and the accelerated growth rate was even believable. However, it started getting a bit to tedious, over complex, and so involved that if you missed an episode, you felt lost. I had a girlfriend mid season, and had to give up the series… I hope I can enjoy it this time around!

34. 2009 June 25 1:36 pm
    RepublicanPundit permalink

While I was in LA for a couple of weeks, the cast was eating one night in the dining room, still in dress. I asked the waitress to see if she could get their autographs for my son. They were very gracious and all, including the starts put a little message to him on a sheet of paper.

If for no other reason I will watch it.