Here’s Some Happy News

2009 June 29
by MFG

An assessment of the Global Warming Scam legislation’s chances of passage

I don’t drink but things like this could make me consider starting

From ClimateChangeFraud.com

1. 2009 June 29 3:58 pm
    MFG permalink

Somebody cheer me up

Lie if necessary…

2. 2009 June 29 4:05 pm

Lie if necessary…

It won’t pass. 😛

3. 2009 June 29 4:05 pm

I don’t drink but things like this could make me consider starting — MFG

Well in my book, if you are sipping an ounce of XO Cognac that is not drinking that’s therapy. 🙂

4. 2009 June 29 4:11 pm

5. 2009 June 29 4:14 pm
    rightwingyahoo permalink

Time for open resistance to this horrible despotic law.

6. 2009 June 29 4:16 pm

RWY,

Give it time. The Capn’Tax bill has its side effects. One being a possible depression. So the efficacy of this will be just like it is in Europe. Their, and soon ours, market in carbon credits will collapse and that will be the end of it.

7. 2009 June 29 4:16 pm
    Colorado KnightOwl permalink

Can you say the end of the good ole USA is now a foregone conclusion?

8. 2009 June 29 4:18 pm
    Colorado KnightOwl permalink

Did you see that it includes a provision to add tariffs to countries that don’t match our carbon caps….India, China etc….Can you say Smoot-Hawley?

9. 2009 June 29 4:22 pm
    rightwingyahoo permalink

The Dems are arrogant. China and India intend to leave us behind. They won’t give a tinker’s damn about our tarriffs. They can dump our dollar and deal us our death blow whenever they like.

3-5 years of this, and they will sink our navy just for the fun of it.

10. 2009 June 29 4:32 pm
    brucefdb permalink

As Rush pointed out, Wall Street will be benefitting from this too, since there will be Carbon trading which will include futures trading etc. The same Goldman Sachs guys that Obammy has been feeding billions to will make all the more when this scheme becomes law.

11. 2009 June 29 4:35 pm
    brucefdb permalink

Actually, my cocktail hour (or 2) will be here in 27 minutes, not that I count the seconds down or anything like that. A nice cool glass of vino on a warm day. I’ll have one for ya’ MFG.

12. 2009 June 29 4:35 pm
    rightwingyahoo permalink

Now Hawkins comes out for identity politics as the new R party strategy.

Nice one John. How’d that work for McCain?

13. 2009 June 29 4:40 pm

What?? You couldn’t catch rain for yourself in the past?

14. 2009 June 29 4:42 pm

Chronic dry eye drug commercials?? Seriously? I’m sure there’s a need for the product but they need to market it on tv? sigh*

15. 2009 June 29 4:44 pm

KnightHawk

What?? You couldn’t catch rain for yourself in the past?

CO for years has had a watershed law that prevented anyone from damming streams to catching rainwater off roofs.

16. 2009 June 29 4:45 pm

brucefdb

Maybe not. GE has been trying to position themselves, like Enron before them with energy, as the vehicle to do carbon trading.

17. 2009 June 29 4:45 pm

Personally, I don’t see it passing the Senate – too many senators from Red States that want to get re-elected.

As far as the trade restrictions within Cap & Tax – three letters as to why it wont fly – WTO. The WTO will tell us it is unfair and our socialist leaders will fold like a cheap tent to world opinion.

18. 2009 June 29 4:54 pm

Damming streams I could maybe see… catching water off your roof? wtf! They actually enforced that chit? Over my dead body if I lived there.

19. 2009 June 29 4:58 pm

Still, in an interview with a small group of reporters, Obama energy adviser Carol Browner said: “I am confident that comprehensive energy legislation will pass the Senate.” But she repeatedly refused to say exactly when the White House expected the Senate to pass the measure, and she wouldn’t speculate on whether Obama would have legislation sent to his desk by year’s end.

Never say never these jackals want this, it’s just a timing issue atm.

20. 2009 June 29 6:08 pm

MFG: “I don’t drink but things like this could make me consider starting”

Geez, MFG, when they start rationing liquor can I have your coupons?? Pretty please?? 🙂