Chuck Todd (And Others) Want Glenn Beck Fired

2009 July 30

First the left wanted Lou Dobbs fired. Now, apparently Chuck Todd and company believes FNC’s Glenn Beck should be fired for referring to Barack Obama as a racist. It appears the left doesn’t want any views presented that are contrary to theirs.

I am sure you will be shocked to learn this, but Chuck Todd is married to Kristian Denny Todd, who has worked on the campaigns of several Democrats, most recently that of Jim Webb in the 2006 race for senator in Virginia.

glenn-beck.jpg Glenn Beck image by ryanfordremoteImage.jpg Lou Dobbs image by petersenalbum2005

Beck and Dobbs – under fire from the looney left.

Hat tip: The American Spectator

1. 2009 July 30 10:31 am

I’ll be honest, I haven’t yet watched my recorded Beck to get his explanation, but I don’t feel I need to. Glenn is 100% correct in his assessment. Obama decided to make a judgement call against a white cop without all the facts. White cop vs black man does not mean that the situation was racist in nature. Obama is the one who places focus on race over substance, and so do his followers. “It’s a black world!” “My president is black!” Funny how I don’t recall instances of that being said about white people when Bush was president.

Glenn speaks the truth, so they want him out. Unfortunately for Glenn, he just gave them fuel. If it wasn’t this situation, it would have been another. Trust this.

2. 2009 July 30 10:37 am

The left wants to silence anyone whose views run contrary to theirs – Lou Dobbs, Glenn Beck, Sarah Palin, Michele Bachmann, Jim DeMint.

Yet, there’s seldom any criticism for “Republicans” who are too timid to stop the march toward socialism (Lugar, Collins, Snowe, Castle, Kirk, etc.) and the liberal networks can’t give enough airtime to jackasses like David Frum.

3. 2009 July 30 10:39 am
    MFG permalink

I’m reminded of the movie “1776” where one of the Loyalist members of the Continental Congress upbraids Jefferson for calling King George a tyrant and demands that this language should be removed from the Declaration of Independence

Jefferson demurs and states famously: “I do not consent. He is a tyrant. We might as well say so.”

4. 2009 July 30 10:42 am
    MFG permalink

Of course Obama is a racist

He’s Al Sharpton with better diction

5. 2009 July 30 10:49 am
    beej permalink

I thought ‘racist’ could only apply to a white man. Hmmm. Doesn’t racist mean an undue negative reaction, thought or action to/toward a black American by a white American male? Doesn’t Webster say this? I’m just so sure I’m correct on this.

6. 2009 July 30 10:49 am

I would advise caution. The AmSpec article makes a statement of “Chuck Todd and company” that is thinly supportable. Oh, the content as quoted is correct. But due to the format of the msnbc article I don’t know if you can with certainty ascertain that Todd is the sole source of the statement. Just look at the byline — “From Chuck Todd, Mark Murray, Domenico Montanaro, and Ali Weinberg”.

This has the earmarks of a ‘defense by committee’ set up. Todd – ‘Sorry I did not write that portion. You have no way of proving otherwise either.’ Here’s the original article — http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2009/07/29/2013177.aspx

Just sayin’.

7. 2009 July 30 10:50 am

MFG

Of course Obama is a racist

He’s Al Sharpton with better diction

Nah, just a handy teleprompter.

8. 2009 July 30 10:53 am
    conservativetony permalink

“He’s Al Sharpton with better diction”

Ouch

MFG, from Drudge’s link

This is a president who needs a vacation,” says Democratic pollster Peter D. Hart, who conducted the survey with Republican pollster Bill McInturff. “His job rating is … certainly an acceptable mark. But if you look at it over time, it has [gone] south without a doubt.”

Only an arrogant POS would think it’s Obama who needs the vacation from the people instead of the other way around.

9. 2009 July 30 10:57 am

Should that not be “This is a president who IS a vacation,”

10. 2009 July 30 10:59 am
    conservativetony permalink

Then again, maybe Obama should go a vacation. May I suggest Abilene, TX? I hear they have a great Kinkos–just in case he needs to create a document or two.

11. 2009 July 30 11:02 am

“He’s Al Sharpton with better diction”

Spot on.

12. 2009 July 30 11:07 am
    chekote permalink

If Beck should be fired, the same should apply to Overbite. I am so tired of everyone trying to silence speech just because they don’t agree or find it offensive. Part of practicing freedom of speech means allowing people to say things you don’t agree with. :O

13. 2009 July 30 11:09 am
    conservativetony permalink

“He’s Al Sharpton with better diction”

I have been waiting for Obama to pull off a Hillary Clinton and ‘become’ the very people he is addressing. Clinton was really good at being black, poor, southern, a good ol’ boy, etc.

14. 2009 July 30 11:10 am

15. 2009 July 30 1:56 pm
    Colorado KnightOwl permalink

There’s a major difference: Sharpton just wants to destroy our country. Obama has the power to do it. “– bcb3

Personally I think he has done it….we’ve already gone over the cliff, we just haven’t hit the ground yet…..so unless you’ve got a parachute tucked away somewhere…..

16. 2009 July 30 4:16 pm
    rightwingyahoo permalink

Obama is a racist, of course.
    His reparations consist of the robbing of wealth across all institutions, and equally broad payout schemes to his constituents.

But the targets of this theft voted to see themselves robbed.

17. 2009 July 30 5:10 pm
    beej permalink

~~~~~~~~
    Bernie Madoff would be so proud….