Rasmussen: Strong Ford Favorables Over GM and Chrysler

2009 July 27

Rasmussen Reports state:

Most Americans still have a much higher opinion of the one Big Three automaker who didn’t ask for a government bailout, while views of the two companies that did get bailed out continue to go down.

A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds that 66% of Americans now have at a somewhat favorable opinion of Ford, including 22% whose view is very favorable. Ford is seen unfavorably by 26%, with six percent (6%) very unfavorable.

Here’s the entire report.

DSCI0060.jpg 03 ford crown victoria image by workstuffpictures

The perfect ride for a romantic night at the senior center.

1955_Ford_Crown_Victoria.jpg 1955_Ford_Crown_Victoria image by NMCP

Back in the day when a Crown Vic truly was a set of hot wheels.

Here’s the entire report.

1. 2009 July 27 6:27 pm

Yahoo will be polishing up the Crown Vic as he prepares to take a hot date (one that’s still breathing) to Saturday night bingo at the senior center.

2. 2009 July 27 6:33 pm
    conservativetony permalink

It’s Rasmussen, so of course they are lying.

3. 2009 July 27 6:36 pm

Fix Or Repair Daily

NEVER

First On Race Day

4. 2009 July 27 6:37 pm

Didn’t you hear the MSM today… green farts everywhere the BUSH recession is over, the OBAMA recovery is underways, massive new jobs are just around the corner!!! 🙄

/night

5. 2009 July 27 6:41 pm

KnightHawk –

6. 2009 July 27 6:42 pm

Happy Days Are Here Again !!!!

7. 2009 July 27 6:44 pm
    rightwingyahoo permalink

I keel you!

8. 2009 July 27 6:47 pm

“Want to make a bet on whether the July unemployment count is up or down? I bet it’s higher.”

-475k probably 9.7 after revisions

Hey who won last months contest? 😉

9. 2009 July 27 6:49 pm

/ok really must sleep now, just drained… I blame Obama – this administration inflicts too much emotional stress each day. LOL I wonder if this how the BDS people felt each day? 😉

10. 2009 July 27 6:55 pm

Yahoo –

I just posted a photo of your Crown Vic.

11. 2009 July 27 6:59 pm
    conservativetony permalink

Luntz rates Palin’s speech. Believes she is running in 2012.

12. 2009 July 27 7:01 pm

Yahoo –

On Greta’s show they just showed the Cambridge Police department. They drive Crown Vics.

13. 2009 July 27 7:02 pm

“Luntz rates Palin’s speech. Believes she is running in 2012.”

The next 36 months are going to be very interesting.

14. 2009 July 27 7:05 pm
    conservativetony permalink

Looks like Loony Luntz is gearing to be her pollster.

15. 2009 July 27 7:06 pm
    rightwingyahoo permalink

16. 2009 July 27 7:07 pm

KnightHawk…I think you’re spot on regardging the July numbers…but I think the August numbers are gonna be over 10%. There’s only so much cooking they can do on those books!! 🙂

17. 2009 July 27 7:08 pm

Why do you think so many of the Republican strategists are constantly bad mouthing Sarah? They know that if she wins she’ll take them down like they’re caribou.

18. 2009 July 27 7:10 pm

“I’ve added lsd, trans cooler, tinted the glass near black and next is nice rumbly dual exhaust and a push bumper…..”

Don’t forget the flashing blue lights or taxi sign.

19. 2009 July 27 7:12 pm

Greta’s show has become so much better than Hannity’s.

20. 2009 July 27 7:14 pm

I loved the clip of the Cambridge Police supporting Sergeant Crowley.

One of my strongest memories of my entire life was this:
    (1) We get “hurried” off the bus at MCRD San Diego (1971)
    (2) We stand in the rain while we get our first taste of just how effectively the “F-word” can be inserted as an extra syllable in ANY word!
    (3) We get our head shaved and get dressed in the most ill-fitting GREEN fatigues possible
    (4) We’re back outside and listen as a Marine who happened to be black said the following:
    “You get one chance to look around…do it now…WHAT DO YOU SEE? You don’t see rich people, you don’t see poor people, you don’t see white people, or yellow people or red people or black people. You see GREEN people! You are all now GREEN! Nothing else matters!”

I got the same feeling when the female cop in the CNN video talks about them being BLUE! (and then says she won’t vote for Obama again).

21. 2009 July 27 7:15 pm
    rightwingyahoo permalink

I can add a sway bar kit, and stop-tech brakes, and next thing you know, I’ll be running laps at the track….

22. 2009 July 27 7:18 pm
    rightwingyahoo permalink

23. 2009 July 27 7:20 pm
    brucefdb permalink

Actually bc3b, Hannity was great tonight. Lou Holtz was on the panel and he was on fire….of course if you dont know Lou you probably would have needed a translator….what a guy! He totally shut down the lib opposition. Generally though, I agree with you….but I like Hannity better than BHBOR. Beck would be ok if he ever reaches adulthood.

On topic, I bought myself a 2000 Mustang when I retired in ’99 (at 53, no degreee, jus har’ work) to replace my business necessity Lincoln. I love that car. I could have bot whatever my little heart desired.

24. 2009 July 27 7:21 pm
    rightwingyahoo permalink

25. 2009 July 27 7:25 pm

That video was great, and you could see the look on his face saying all you needed to know. He is innocent, he appreciates that everyone around him knows him and trusts his judgement, and he is tired. I thought he was going to cry. The accounts of his past behavior remind me a lot of my husband. Everyone knows that my husband is where he is supposed to be at all times, doing what he is supposed to be doing, behavior is correct etc etc. His reputation is so good, and he is so trustworthy, that they know if he says this or that- it is exactly how he says it was. It is called being a MAN, a stand up guy. You can’t use your words to convince people of your character, your actions tell people what kind of person you are. Clearly this man is good people, or they would have thrown him under the bus, or at the very least just quietly let this go.

26. 2009 July 27 7:25 pm
    rightwingyahoo permalink

Crown Vics ain’t bad, if you know what you’re doing with them….

27. 2009 July 27 7:28 pm
    brucefdb permalink

By the way, I am too kind to remind a lot of posters here about their initial reactions to Sarah’s resignation. Justrand, you ought to delete that…..I really don’t want to remind all my friends like, well, because,like I say, I am very kind, I wont mention their names, but their knee jerk reactions were like, ‘oh no’, ‘her career is over’…..etc. Now I know those names, and I am saving them for when they really piss me off.

Hint: INC, Just Mary, Justrand and Janzam were not on the list. :mrgreen:

I might keep repeating this post on future kneejerk threads, like the one condemning Kyl as a RINO for quotes taken out of context.

28. 2009 July 27 7:29 pm

Yahoo –

Sure beats a Buick LaCrosse (which they can’t call LaCrosse in Canada because lacrosse is slang in French for m#sterb#te). Marketing geniuses at GM.

29. 2009 July 27 7:34 pm

“Crown Vics ain’t bad, if you know what you’re doing with them….

“The 4.6 is highly moddable, and the rear wheel drive layout and full size chassis are bulletproof.”

Hopefully yours is black and white so the local police can borrow it when theirs breaks down.

30. 2009 July 27 7:43 pm
    rightwingyahoo permalink

They’re known for reliability. Give it a freaking rest.

Depends on what happens, doesn’t it?

Now I know those names, and I am saving them for when they really piss me off.

I’ll try not to hide under the bed.

like the one condemning Kyl as a RINO for quotes taken out of context.

He supports amnesty, which would shatter our representative republic forever. It’s a good down payment on RINO status.

31. 2009 July 27 7:48 pm
    rightwingyahoo permalink

Seems like Bcb3 is developing a Chekote-like obsession with my car.

“your car sucks, A**hole!”

“well I like it”

“No, it sucks, and you suck!”

“ok fine. I suck. I still like my car”

“yeah, because you suck.”

“whatever”……

32. 2009 July 27 7:48 pm
    brucefdb permalink

Heh, RWY, next to Chekote you are the most indefatigable poster here. But she gets paid and/or is hopeless. On the other hand if there is a war I want you in my foxhole, pal.

P.S. That doesnt mean you arent full of it, sometimes. 😉

33. 2009 July 27 7:49 pm
    brucefdb permalink

Off to watch beisbol.

34. 2009 July 27 7:50 pm
    rightwingyahoo permalink

Yes, well I am fairly “fatigable” tonight.

And I am full of it never. 🙁

35. 2009 July 27 7:55 pm

Yahoo –

Laughing with you, not at you. Slow day at work today.

36. 2009 July 27 7:55 pm

37. 2009 July 27 8:34 pm

“…with six percent (6%) very unfavorable.” Probably all former Ford Pinto owners…

As to crown vics, per pound the Mercury Grand Marquis is probably one of the better deals going. And when you are shagging for the loan shark there RWY, one with a low rider kit and purple neon lets you blend right in. 🙂

38. 2009 July 27 8:36 pm

nice to know a fistfight can still break out around here WITHOUT Chekote! Don’t want everyone gettin’ too “civilized”. 🙂 — JR

But its about CARS, not Obama’s pecs. This is serious stuff. 🙂

39. 2009 July 27 9:42 pm
    BCL permalink

I had a 76 Pinto and I loved that car. It had recalls to add a thick plastic panel so the differential bolts didn’t puncture the gas tank in a crash, the filler tube was extended further into the gas tank so that it wouldn’t separate in a crash and additional bolts and a steel plate were added to the front bumper so the bolt wouldn’t shear off in a crash and allow the bumper bracket to puncture the fuel pump.

I had two Ford Rangers after that one and loved them both. Now I have a 1999 Ford E250 utility van with extended cargo area and towing suspension. 58,000 original miles and I love it.

Wife’s car is a 2001 Mustang, Electric green with 5 speed manual. 104,000 miles. Love that car.

We just took possession of my stepson’s 2005 Mini Cooper Sport so we have to lose the Mustang. I will be sad to see it go though the mini is pretty cool.

Still have my 1981 Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce. Keeping that and am going to have it rebuilt since it’s starting to burn oil and give me problems.

Our two foreign cars are hand-me-downs. I wouldn’t buy new foreign.