Dem. Congressman Voted for Cap and Trade but He’s Against It

2009 August 10

Here’s a town hall meeting in Knoxville, Iowa in which a Democratic Congressman tries to explain why he voted for Cap and Trade even though he’s against Cap and Trade. Check out the young lady questioning the congressman (57 sec. mark). She’s young, hot and conservative. Knoxville, Iowa might not be so bad after all.

1. 2009 August 10 7:54 pm

Young, hot and conservative. Can you think of anyone who would instantly hate Melody? I can!

2. 2009 August 10 7:56 pm
    rightwingyahoo permalink

heh.

3. 2009 August 10 8:45 pm
    conservativetony permalink

This, my friends, is the decade of the ‘moment’s notice’ video. Everybody carries with them the ability to catch these morons on tape so the whole country gets to see what’s going on. As soon as they’re released on ANY Conservative website, they go viral and its probably not only Conservatives who are interested in them.

BTW, speaking of video, since everybody carries with them the ability to video anything and everything, has anybody noticed there hasn’t been a UFO sighting in decades? I mean, when hardly ANYBODY could afford a camera, let alone have one on that particular night they witnessed a UFO, there were many sightings. Now that everybody’s got a camera, somehow the UFO have lost interest in us.

Just one of the many thoughts I’ve got running through my mind at any given moment. 😀 Well, that and beer. Ok, and a young, hot Conservative, too.

4. 2009 August 10 8:59 pm
    mpthompson permalink

Conservativetony, I had very similar thoughts to you. It struck me watching the part of the video where a constituent in the audience says “I gotta get outta here” in disgust after hearing the response by the congressman.

Anyone who cares to pay attention can now certainly see what arrogant jerks their congressman is. This has got get some people thinking a bit more about their future votes.

Light is the best disinfectant for Washington.

5. 2009 August 10 9:05 pm

I just thought the congressman was dumb. Maybe the “hottie” can replace him as she seems to have her act together. The minimum age for the Senate is 30, but I don’t believe there is a minimum age for the House.

6. 2009 August 10 10:22 pm
    aureliusx permalink

Hey, France is burning again! We need a “restive youths” thread.

It’s Restivus! Gather your youths around and celebrate. A Restivus for the rest of us!

Note the painfully awkward avoidance of describing any unifying characteristic feature of these mysterious French “restive youths” that periodically burn things. No surprise, you say, we’re used to that? But wait, it gets better, this is the best part. So far do they bend over backward to avoid saying what we all know, that the AP commits the capital liberal crime of naming race/ethnicity! So it is actually better now to impugn entire races (which is not at all the unifying feature here as we all know), in twisted liberal calculus, than to simply and accurately note cultural/religious contributions.

And that, my friend, is your classic liberal-fascist convergence. Read and enjoy:

“The scenario — the death of a youth with police directly or indirectly involved — mirrors other incidents that have triggered unrest. Tensions between young people and police have long simmered in housing projects in France’s suburbs, feeding on poverty, unemployment and anger over discrimination against minorities. The suburbs erupted in 2005 in riots, largely by young Arab and black men of immigrant backgrounds, after two teens were electrocuted in a power substation while hiding from police. The riots spread nationwide.”

7. 2009 August 10 10:26 pm

Art1, Sec 2, pg 2 —

No Person shall be a Representative who shall not have attained to the Age of twenty five Years, and been seven Years a Citizen of the United States, and who shall not, when elected, be an Inhabitant of that State in which he shall be chosen.

The young lady appears old enough in my eyes to run.

If we don’t go into full blown civil war I might suspect that some folks might start forcing representatives to sign pledge statements before they vote for him or her.

8. 2009 August 10 10:28 pm

aureliusx

Hey, France is burning again! We need a “restive youths” thread.

Nah. That is just the French version of ‘Cash for Clunkers’. Only in their plan there are no rebates (they’re Peugeot’s after all.) but you get free heat.

9. 2009 August 10 10:45 pm
    aureliusx permalink

Dr Dog, Yes that’s all well and good, but it seems a bit of a high carbon-footprint version of cash-for-clunkers.

I am troubled. How could the French stoop so low?

10. 2009 August 10 11:09 pm
    mpthompson permalink

In the news stories they’re calling the rioters in France “restive youths”. Of course, these “restive youths” cause unrest.

I wonder we can coin the euphemism “restive voter” for our “young, hot and conservative” Melody.

11. 2009 August 10 11:39 pm
    conservativetony permalink

Restive? Hmmm, France is feeding and clothing most of their troublemakers so I guess its ok to call them that.

Better than our country calling us racists and Nazi’s, I suppose.