Read the Bill! The Voters Do!!
Why Doesn’t Congress?????

2009 August 27

Congress and the President aren’t doing too well in the eyes of the public.  American citizens appear to be more willing to take the time to read and comprehend the bill than those in Washington, D.C., who are trying to ram this bill through and impose it on our country.

This tells you a great deal.  This is all about power.  It has nothing to do with better health care or lowering expenses.

Rasmussen Reports: Voters Say They Know Health Care Bill Better Than Congress

Most voters think they understand the health care reform legislation proposed by President Obama better than Congress does – and about as well as the president himself.

…51% of voters rate their understanding of the health care plan as good or excellent. Only 21% say their understanding of it is poor.

By contrast, just 22% say Congress has a good or excellent understanding of the plan. Thirty-five percent (35%) say Congress’ knowledge of the proposal is poor.

…Forty-seven percent (47%) say Obama’s understanding of his own plan is good or excellent, while 27% rate his knowledge of it as poor.

Thirty percent (30%) of voters believe they understand the bill better than the president does. Thirty-four percent (34%) say the president understands his own health care plan better, while 36% rate their understanding… the same as Obama’s…. just 11% of voters believe that Congress understands the health care legislation better than they do. Forty-six percent (46%) hold the opposite view and think they understand the bill better than Congress does. Nearly as many (43%) rate their understanding of the legislation as equal to Congress’.

Thirty percent (30%) of voters believe they understand the bill better than the president does. Thirty-four percent (34%) say the president understands his own health care plan better, while 36% rate their understanding of the legislation as the same as Obama’s.

UPDATE:  Video added of Congressman Mike Rogers’ opening statement on Health Care reform in Washington D.C.
__________
H/T: Rasmussen Reports, Dr. Dog.

1. 2009 August 27 7:44 am

INC,

Why not embed this in the piece. One rep has at least an inkling that the HC bill is trash.

But yeah, few have actually read the bill, understand it better than the people that will be affected by it.

2. 2009 August 27 7:57 am
    INC permalink

Thanks, Dr. D. I had to run off to an appt after I posted the thread and just checked in again.

I will be in and out today.

3. 2009 August 27 8:00 am

Have a good day.

4. 2009 August 27 8:04 am

I’ll do it. I don’t have to leave for another hour. Gotta take my other dog to the vet now. I swear this month I am just going to sign Hubs check over to the doctor. *sigh*

5. 2009 August 27 8:06 am

😆 Neeeeeeeeeeeeeevermind

6. 2009 August 27 8:08 am
    INC permalink

Yes, I just got it done before I saw your comment, JM!

7. 2009 August 27 8:12 am

I just watched that video. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO good. I want to call/write his office and thank him. I admit I haven’t taken as much time to call/write the good ones who are trying to stop this, as I have for the ones who are ramming this through. I need to change that!

8. 2009 August 27 8:23 am

JM, be good to the Vet. You (I hope not) might need him or her.

9. 2009 August 27 8:25 am

My vet is stupid expensive, but he is right around the corner, and the best there is. Whatcha gonna do? Believe me, I fully expect to hear of vets treating people should this stoopid bill pass.

10. 2009 August 27 8:34 am
    janzam permalink

Just looked at the video supplied by drdog. Like JM, I was very impressed by Mr. Rogers! Really liked his analogy of the queen bed sheet trying to fit on a king size bed, as a comparison to the HC proposals currently on the democratic table.

Also, I didn’t realize that a company, having only a $250,000 gross payroll, would be subject to having their whole company being “disenrolled” from their health care! That is ridiculous!

….and, how many liberal voters know this “factoid” about health care? How many “progressive” democrats, who are currently so busy boycotting Whole Foods, because it’s CEO wrote a cogent article explaining how Obama’s HC exploits health care, know about the real ins-and-outs of Obamacare?

Stupid, stupid people!

11. 2009 August 27 8:39 am

I just tried to send Mr. Rogers a thank you on his .gov website, and I am not sure if it went through. When I hit submit, it said I was not his neighbor in his district and gave me a link to find someone in my own district to talk to. Think he will see it anyway? Or is it lost in the interwebs?

12. 2009 August 27 9:01 am

Good find drdog09.

It’s not often a member of Congress from Michigan distinguishes himself/herself.