Sarah Palin:
No Health Care Reform Without Legal Reform

2009 August 21

Many times commenters quickly pick up and spread the latest news on threads. Today someone at Hot Air mentioned something, that while off topic on that thread, is going to be the topic of news this weekend!

Sarah Palin has another Facebook Note up today.  She goes for the jugular with this one:

President Obama’s health care “reform” plan has met with significant criticism across the country. Many Americans want change and reform in our current health care system. We recognize that while we have the greatest medical care in the world, there are major problems that we must face, especially in terms of reining in costs and allowing care to be affordable for all. However, as we have seen, current plans being pushed by the Democratic leadership represent change that may not be what we had in mind — change which poses serious ethical concerns over the government having control over our families’ health care decisions. In addition, the current plans greatly increase costs of health care, while doing lip service toward controlling costs.

We need to address a REAL bipartisan reform proposition that will have REAL impacts on costs and quality of patient care.

This is the silver bullet quote (my emphasis):

First, we cannot have health care reform without tort reform.

The two are intertwined.

She highlights the deceit of trying to use the cost of health care as a reason for socialized medicine as she hits the heart of  Democrat hypocrisy:

For example, one supposed justification for socialized medicine is the high cost of health care. As Dr. Scott Gottlieb recently noted, “If Mr. Obama is serious about lowering costs, he’ll need to reform the economic structures in medicine—especially programs like Medicare.” [1] Two examples of these “economic structures” are high malpractice insurance premiums foisted on physicians (and ultimately passed on to consumers as “high health care costs”) and the billions wasted on defensive medicine.

Dr. Stuart Weinstein, with the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, recently explained the problem:

”The medical liability crisis has had many unintended consequences, most notably a decrease in access to care in a growing number of states and an increase in healthcare costs.”…

Dr. Weinstein makes good points, points completely ignored by President Obama. Dr. Weinstein details the costs that our out-of-control tort system are causing the health care industry and notes research that “found that liability reforms could reduce defensive medicine practices, leading to a 5 percent to 9 percent reduction in medical expenditures without any effect on mortality or medical complications.”…

So I have new questions for the president: Why no legal reform? Why continue to encourage defensive medicine that wastes billions of dollars and does nothing for the patients? Do you want health care reform to benefit trial attorneys or patients?…

If you want to save health care, let’s listen to our doctors too. There should be no health care reform without legal reform. There can be no true health care reform without legal reform.

Game, Set, Match.

UPDATE: Hot Air commenter jp, mentioned an IBD Editorial, They’re Coming For Your Tonsils, which focuses on the role of lawyers and lawsuits on health care costs:

Trial lawyers helped create a medical crisis through malpractice suits that raise costs while driving doctors from their practices….

The accounting firm PricewaterhouseCoopers says about 10% of the cost of medical service is attributable to medical malpractice lawsuits. Roughly 2% is caused by direct costs of the lawsuits; an additional 5% to 9% is due to expenses run up by defensive medicine.

SPREADING LIKE WILDFIRE: From the comments at Hot Air to their Headlines and now Ed Morrissey has written a post on Sarah Palin’s commentary for the Hot Air front page.  He notes:

She also has documented her argument rather thoroughly

__________

H/T: Hot Air commenter deidre; Conservatives4Palin: Facebook link, Hot Air commenter jp, IBD.

Footnotes are at Sarah Palin’s Facebook Notes.

Crossposted in a modified format to RedState Member Diaries.

1. 2009 August 21 8:33 am
    brucefdb permalink

Yes, there should be R ads that highlight this. It destroys the left’s health care arguement.

2. 2009 August 21 8:36 am
    INC permalink

I am so glad she went for this. People have been waiting for it.

It’s going to spread like a wildfire.

3. 2009 August 21 8:40 am

Go Sarah!!!!!!!!!

4. 2009 August 21 8:41 am

Again, Sarah Palin is saying what few other Republicans have the courage to say. Lou Dobbs recently had a leading physician on his show. This man claimed that there are over $200 billion is medical costs for unnecessary tests that doctors order primarily to cover themselves in the case of lawsuits.

Dobbs has been featuring a different country’s health care plan every night. One thing that almost all have is a cap on medical lawsuits. It’s a major hole in the Obama plan. Why is no one in the GOP other than Sarah Palin talking about this? Why is no one in the GOP (other than Sarah, Michele Bachmann, Jim DeMint and a few others) on the attack?

5. 2009 August 21 8:48 am
    brucefdb permalink

Actually bc3b I have heard a lot of R’s say this….but the Media filter dampens the message…we need Ads.

Having Sarah give voice to this is a big plus because she is unfiltered by the MSM..

6. 2009 August 21 9:00 am
    janzam permalink

Sarah Palin has a knack of getting to her point succinctly! She has a raw honesty in her words, a strong point embraced by the people, and, one which disorients the left because they deem it as too unsophisticated. However, that is how truth is often presented —> in plain simple terms!

7. 2009 August 21 9:02 am

Charlie Gibson can’t twist Sarah’s words when she puts them in writing.

8. 2009 August 21 9:33 am
    brucefdb permalink

Yes, janzam, it worked for Reagan…..and the left hates the plain spoken truth like a vampire hates light.

9. 2009 August 21 9:42 am
    phineas gage permalink

Love it.

There is no one else like her out there.

What a refreshing contrast to the rest of the GOP drones. And wow does she ever agitate the Left!

10. 2009 August 21 10:11 am

Lets see, she’s 2 fer 2 on Facebook. Doing pretty damn good for somebody who ‘lacks gravitas’ as the leftists would say.

So when does the Judiciary Committee start holding hearings on ‘Palin Tort’ reform?

11. 2009 August 21 10:39 am
    janzam permalink

Oh drdog…you are the master of irony!

12. 2009 August 21 10:52 am

Janzam,

I try. 🙂

13. 2009 August 21 10:55 am

Ummmmmm….the link colors are the same, and now all the other colors have changed.

14. 2009 August 21 10:58 am
    INC permalink

JM, I’ve been cut-and-pasting this color in before my links to make them show up:
    color: #9e7922. It hasn’t been automatic.

It wasn’t one of the color squares; I picked it out from the spectrum chart!
    (More interior decorating! 🙂 !)

15. 2009 August 21 11:02 am
    janzam permalink

INC could you give an example of how you would post a colored link by the cut and paste method? Where do you put the color # in the set-up?

16. 2009 August 21 11:03 am

Perhaps you didn’t close the code then, because it only changed the colors of the articles/comments below the COF.

17. 2009 August 21 11:04 am

Yeah, it is the code. Somewhere it is open.

18. 2009 August 21 11:06 am

I think it happened when you did the “update” to the story.

19. 2009 August 21 11:08 am
    INC permalink

Jan, it will be a moot point after the weekend when Kenny gets the color changed.

span style=”color: #9e7922;”
    goes before the link title, bracketed with < and >
    /span goes after the link title, bracketed with < and >

(I didn’t bracket them in the example because it would just disappear as code.).

Mary, I used to close the code on everything, but on my computer it showed the color automatically closing with the link tag closing.

20. 2009 August 21 11:09 am
    INC permalink

Update is closed with /span. Let me go through and check it.

21. 2009 August 21 11:09 am

Strange. Yeah, because it changed everything on the page, not just the link colors after your update. Perhaps take the colors off the updated links and see if that fixes it?

22. 2009 August 21 11:12 am
    INC permalink

The last one about the RedState crossposting was open. How does it look to you now?

23. 2009 August 21 11:21 am
    janzam permalink

Thanks INC!

24. 2009 August 21 11:25 am

You’re welcome!

25. 2009 August 21 12:17 pm

Actually I prefer my links double hung, with gathers on the ends. Maybe a sheer liner on the inside for the glare. 🙂

26. 2009 August 21 12:27 pm
    INC permalink

Dr. D, that’s kind of out of style right now, don’t you know!

😉

27. 2009 August 21 1:13 pm

Krathammer is attacking Palin again today in the Washington Post. “We might start by asking Sarah Palin to leave the room. I’ve got nothing against her. She’s a remarkable political talent. But there are no “death panels” in the Democratic health care bills, and to say that there are is to debase the debate.”

This guy is starting to wear on me. Krathammer is a neocon who is a liberal on most issues.

His Ivy League elitist attitude really bugs me.

28. 2009 August 21 1:18 pm
    INC permalink

bc3b, one thing I don’t get is why he even discussed death panels today. Sarah posted that Facebook Note two weeks ago. She’s “moved on” so to speak 🙂 as has the general discussion.

Now we’re on co-ops as a Trojan Horse and today, tort reform from Sarah.

29. 2009 August 21 1:29 pm

a splendid article by Troy Senik!!
    HatTip Realclearpolitics

Hope and Change Has Become Predictable Liberalism

Take a listen to the angry town hall participants or talk radio callers and you’ll notice a common trend: regardless of which party they belong to, they sound more conservative than the GOP has for years. While many Republicans don’t invoke “limited government” as anything more than a slogan, the man on the street talks about adherence to the Constitution or the sanctity of states’ rights. They seem to be relearning the skepticism towards power that the nation was founded on.

read it all…it’s short and very powerful!

30. 2009 August 21 1:39 pm
    INC permalink

Justrand, that is an excellent article. He’s echoing the realization of others that there are many Katy Abrams across the country!

31. 2009 August 21 1:40 pm
    INC permalink

I’ve updated David Horowitz On Saul Alinsky to include a link to his latest in the series. Today in Means and Ends: Alinsky, Beck, Satan and Me, Part VI, David Horowitz begins to discuss Alinksky’s means to accomplish his ends. I referred a while back to Alinksy’s “ethics” of means and ends. Here’s a brief Wiki post on them.

32. 2009 August 21 3:17 pm
    aureliusx permalink

33. 2009 August 21 3:18 pm
    aureliusx permalink

childish, naive policies…

doin’ the wee-wee dance

34. 2009 August 21 4:33 pm
    conservativetony permalink

Ok, seriously now, who knew Gov Paterson was black?

I just thought he was a liberal hack like any other liberal hack. I guess in his mind since he’s a black liberal hack he should be allowed to remain in office–not becaue of his hackness, but because of his blackness.

35. 2009 August 21 4:34 pm

Friday afternoon “news dump”: White House is gonna up the 10 year deficit projection by $2 TRILLION on Tuesday…to $9 TRILLION.

But wait. The CBO already had it at $9.1 TRILLION…which almost certainly means they will raise their projection to over $10 TRILLION.

And it means the deficit for this year is gonna easily top $2 TRILLION even before ObamaCare.

And when the August un-employment numbers come in I predict we will be at 10%. I think last month’s was an aberration…or outright fabrication!

36. 2009 August 21 4:41 pm
    conservativetony permalink

Is that an aberration of a fabrication or a fabrication of an aberration?

With “I Won” either and both could be true?

37. 2009 August 21 4:50 pm
    rightwingyahoo permalink

Crap’s gonna get worse. The real unemployment rate bears little resemblance to the published one, and is closing in on double its value.

Wonder why Moe Lane linked INC’s post? Doesn’t he know she’s not pro-amnesty?

38. 2009 August 21 4:51 pm
    rightwingyahoo permalink

I should have said: Congratulations to INC for getting published on Eric Erickson’s excellent blog.

Which happens to be (pa)trolled by Lane and Neil Stephens….

39. 2009 August 21 4:55 pm
    RepublicanPundit permalink

Sarah, I would have your baby!!!!!

40. 2009 August 21 4:59 pm
    INC permalink

RWY, I don’t know if I should say thank you or not 😉 !

Moe wrote something earlier this week saying he’d been trying to figure out a way to get Sarah Palin to mention tort reform on Facebook. He did it in the context of NRO editors taking a backhanded slap at her. He said it never occurred to him to try to get the NRO eds to do that.

I linked to that in the RedState post. Moe must be watching for links to his pieces–and perhaps that’s why it caught his eye.

41. 2009 August 21 4:59 pm

hmmmm…….odd, indeed….

42. 2009 August 21 5:00 pm
    aureliusx permalink

Meanwhile CA jobless rate hits 11.9%, the highest ever! Second only to Michigan at 15%.

Why would anybody hire now, particularly in a blue state? Why? It would be stupid, suicidal. Obama openly planning to charge fines for not paying for health care for employees, to side with unions and jackpot-seeking plaintiffs/trial lawyers at every opportunity, it goes on and on….

Here is a great comment from the SF website posting the story. Nice wakeup call kiddie. Wonder how many Obama rallies this guy religiously attended:

“I am a recent graduate from Berkeley and have been avidly applying for jobs since late may and cannot get anything. Not even so much as a call-back. Finding a job is terrible right now. My father constantly reminds me that the economy was just as bad when he graduated from college (jimmy carter, 1980), but i think things are much worse. My friends and other graduates are all ~10-20k in debt from student loans and constantly being passed up on jobs for those more experienced. Young people are screwed right now, really bad….”

43. 2009 August 21 5:02 pm
    rightwingyahoo permalink

Yeah, that’s fine obviously. I just don’t like Moe, nor Neil, but of course I don’t like Allah, or Ed Morrisey either. I know Moe and Ed are amnesty buddies, not sure about Neil, and Allah is good on this, despite being, IMO, pointlessly moderate on other issues.

Just tired of wimps. Seeing them everywhere these days…….

44. 2009 August 21 5:05 pm
    rightwingyahoo permalink

Young people are screwed right now, really bad….”

And yet, who did they vote for by 2:1……?

Hey, I love my job and am grateful for it. Nevertheless, it’s not so easy to weep for these morons (assuming the poor dear is indeed an Obama voter, odds are he is) after what they’ve inflicted on the country.

Everyone has a price to pay, and Obama is going to make sure they pay it, and double if he can.

45. 2009 August 21 5:07 pm
    INC permalink

RWY, I’ve written what I considered better posts with more of my own commentary in them; however, I’m glad one made it to their front page and I hope that because it did then more people there will look at other things I write.

46. 2009 August 21 5:08 pm
    rightwingyahoo permalink

Why would anybody hire now, particularly in a blue state?

Although Helicopter Ben will continue pumping up the dow, I don’t believe you will see any (significant) hiring until after the 2010 elections, and not even then if the Dems hold on to both houses.

I am not aware of any state that is (on net) hiring in the private sector, in any significant numbers…..

47. 2009 August 21 5:12 pm
    rightwingyahoo permalink

I never registered at RedState as I would have been quickly banned due to my strong and florally spoken views on amnesty and the R party.

They only allow a few well-respecteds to openly criticize Rs over there.

You know if Jon Sandor was banned, they were not into letting the debate go forward in any real way.

I have tremendous respect for Erick Erickson, but don’t care for the rest of them at all. Now that Leon is back, I can’t be bothered to read them more than once a week, although I do enjoy Erick’s morning updates.

48. 2009 August 21 5:16 pm

“florally spoken”

🙂

I’ve noticed fairly strong criticisms of the GOP over there this year. They don’t usually match you for throwing flowers though!

49. 2009 August 21 5:17 pm
    rightwingyahoo permalink

Ed Morrisey is a loyal fellow, and a worthy opponent of the left, but he doggedly favors amnesty for illegals, which John Hawkins tried to talk him out of and couldn’t.

And Allah, who is as much a right-baiter as Chekote or Charles Johnson, is cleverer on that issue, seeing the final doom that awaits the R party should amnesty pass.

Strange, the paths people take, I would not think that Allah holds the right in the contempt he appears to, looking at his stance on immogration, likewise Morrisey; you’d think he’d be clearer on the implications.

But many of the so-called conservative spokesmen are totally in the bag for amnesty…

Medved and Hewitt for example, and of course the whole Bush clan and Tony Snow, I was horrified to learn.

It’s just my 2c, but I don’t pretend to understand it.

50. 2009 August 21 5:18 pm

On the foreign front is Obama’s kowtowing and open hand to our enemies now dead? Having watched the release of the Lockerbee terrorist it just goes to show, being nice just gets you a punch in the face.

The primary question in my mind is — at anytime did the Obama WH consider an extradition request? We have treaties with the UK in this regards. If they did not then it is a crime of fundamental lack of trying. Whether extradition would have been approved or not, it would have slowed down that jerk’s release.

Has Obama learned anything from this?

51. 2009 August 21 5:20 pm
    INC permalink

RWY, my guess is that somewhere there is a personal experience or relationship that is having a strong influence.

52. 2009 August 21 5:23 pm
    INC permalink

That’s what I always tend to think if I see someone who is holding a position that doesn’t quite line up with their general view of things.

There’s also always a chance they haven’t thought through the assumptions/implications of what a particular opinion, but I don’t think that applies to the big bloggers or political types.

53. 2009 August 21 5:23 pm
    rightwingyahoo permalink

Has Obama learned anything from this?

Why would he suppose he should have learned something from it? Let me ask this: Do you think he is upset or disappointed that this murderer WAS given a hero’s welcome?

FWIW I don’t think Obama has a loyal (to the USA) bone in his body. I would not expect him to take any lesson from the episode, other than to pause and smirk at our outrage.

Just me.

54. 2009 August 21 5:27 pm
    INC permalink

Dr. D, I think Obama only consideration of anything is whether or not he thinks it will advance his agenda.

55. 2009 August 21 5:27 pm
    rightwingyahoo permalink

An excellent guess, and often the case. Nevertheless, it’s like avoiding military service: If everyone exercises that option, we have no army.

A man may have brought in his wife and wish her family to come too. Understandable, but if even 10 million of his fellow Americans do the same, goodnight small government, goodnight R party…

People need to realize this is not 1960 anymore. We cannot continue to absorb millions from all over the world and avoid a descent into socialism. Period.

What good does all this yelling at Obama, when half the R party wants to swell the ranks of his voters by dozens of millions?

It does not make sense.

56. 2009 August 21 5:32 pm
    rightwingyahoo permalink

I’m becoming morose again, I suppose. Next year’s amnesty battle will wipe out any conservative momentum by splitting the R party down the middle again. Just in time for the midterms.

And we are too stupid to see it. Ed even writes about this on HotAir, yet continues to support amnesty anyway, AFAIK…..

sigh. One day at a time. It’s frustrating when your party, full of so many benevolent minds, nonetheless becomes the author of it’s own destruction.

57. 2009 August 21 5:33 pm

Do you think he is upset or disappointed that this murderer WAS given a hero’s welcome? — RWY

That he cares that the terrorist was released? No. That he cares that the release may reflect bad on him? Yes. The man is a narcissist so he will consider it from that angle.

Least that’s my take.

58. 2009 August 21 5:34 pm
    INC permalink

GOP leadership does not seem to be strong on logic.

But the citizens are on the amnesty issue.

59. 2009 August 21 5:40 pm
    aureliusx permalink

RWY– the poster’s name was “boscoboy”..

Lessee.. Berkeley grad boscoboy… safe bet he is an Obama voter.

Welcome to the real world sporto.

“Jobs” are not your birthright. You are either good at something useful, or not.

60. 2009 August 21 5:41 pm
    rightwingyahoo permalink

GOP leadership does not seem to be strong on logic.

Sniff, sniff….anyone else smell understatement?

Quite possibly. It may also be that his belligerence for average Americans may eclipse the self-perceived damage to his rep. He’s got more than enough sneering arrogance to make up for that…

A hard left ideologue is typically hateful enough that self-interest takes a back seat, even for one as well-trained in the political arts as Obama.

I am surprised at how quickly the mask has fallen away from him. He continues to make provocative and panic-inducing statements that reveal his cluelessness/malevolence on heath care for example…his “God’s partners” remark is, or should be, astonishingly alarming for anyone paying attention…..

61. 2009 August 21 5:45 pm
    rightwingyahoo permalink

Let me guess, the young man has a graduate degree in brassiere-wearing, with a couple of minors in anti-war chanting and old-growth mourning…..

62. 2009 August 21 5:47 pm

Mourning for the trees…

63. 2009 August 21 5:47 pm
    rightwingyahoo permalink

“I want you to know that, trees! That we care!”

AHHHHHH! I can’t take it…

64. 2009 August 21 5:49 pm
    INC permalink

I am surprised at how quickly the mask has fallen away from him.

He’s never had enough real opposition to learn to wear that mask better or learn to be a grownup manipulator. He was made and protected by the Chicago and Illinois machine.

We should be thankful he’s never really gotten toughened up by adversity.

65. 2009 August 21 5:49 pm
    rightwingyahoo permalink

This was the toughest part of Tolkien to read, throughout the various books. The trees taking conscious form as ents/hourns.

Bah.

66. 2009 August 21 5:50 pm

I am increasingly proud of regular Americans, who really do appear to be waking up. I realize I may be jinxing this by typing it…but I gotta say I more expected the bleeting of sheep in the meadow!

mpthompson and I are going to the Jackie Speier’s TownHall on Sunday (as “Domestic Partners” if that’s the only way I can get in! 🙂 ) So tomorrow I am going to run a thread on what are THE best questions…most crisply worded…that we should ask?

I have several myself, that I will post in the thread tomorrow…but looking for suggestions too.

67. 2009 August 21 5:51 pm
    aureliusx permalink

that. was. the. funniest. thing. I. have. seen. since. Borat.

68. 2009 August 21 5:52 pm
    rightwingyahoo permalink

We should be thankful he’s never really gotten toughened up by adversity.

Another Tolkien analogy: Obama put on his “one ring” too soon, and the “elves” (conservatives I suppose) perceived his malice toward them sooner than he would have liked.

You’d think a true Alinskyite would have bided his time somewhat longer.

The left is too rash, too greedy, in addition to their many other faults.

69. 2009 August 21 5:52 pm

rwy, I LOVED the trees tearing the living shit out of the bad guys!!

Tolkien wasn’t a “Tree Hugger”…he just made a really unique protaganist!

Besides, the Orcs were all Democrats, so watching the Ents rip ’em to shreds had true poetic justice!!!

70. 2009 August 21 5:53 pm
    aureliusx permalink

Morons. Trees grow back.

Each tree that was but down is exactly what you want– a huge chunk of fixed carbon.

You should be cheering the clearcutting and replanting that “Big Wood” is doing.

Al Gore should be leading the charge, with all you morons behind him screaming in joy instead as you hack and rip and saw at the trees.

71. 2009 August 21 5:54 pm
    INC permalink

You’ll probably only get a chance for one (with no followups!).

You better word it the way the press used to do those gotcha ones they would try out on the Bush press secretaries.

72. 2009 August 21 5:54 pm

rwy…I’m afraid that The One has already planned his CRISIS (aka: Reichstag fire) that will allow him sweeping powers.

I pray I am wrong

73. 2009 August 21 5:56 pm
    aureliusx permalink

Whoo.. well I’m in a good mood now.

YEEAAARGHHHGHHHHHGHHHH!!!

What is it with liberals and screaming anyway.

74. 2009 August 21 5:59 pm
    rightwingyahoo permalink

rwy, I LOVED the trees tearing the living shit out of the bad guys!!

But trees don’t, you know, do that….

Tolkien wasn’t a “Tree Hugger”…he just made a really unique protaganist!

I think he was a tree hugger, although he did allow for the use of wood by the “speaking peoples”, which is more than many such allow for today.

Morons. Trees grow back.

You’re right of course. It’s a religious thing for them, so logic does not enter in to it. Which is not to say I will admit that my religion, Christianity, is not logical.

Some religions are more logical than others, IMO.

75. 2009 August 21 6:00 pm
    aureliusx permalink

JR: tell Jackie the numbers showing Obama is lying about the cost of the bill, and if she supports the lie. Yes or no.

76. 2009 August 21 6:00 pm
    rightwingyahoo permalink

Ah well. The left is easily beaten but for the right……

77. 2009 August 21 6:14 pm

Leave the trees aloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooone

78. 2009 August 21 6:16 pm

Well, at least I’ll never be beaten at poetry by a tree! 😀

Although, there’s a first time for everything, heh.

79. 2009 August 21 6:18 pm

Well, at least I’ll never be beaten at poetry by a tree! 😀

Unless you want to be the Joyce Kilmer of BJG!

😀

80. 2009 August 21 6:19 pm
    rightwingyahoo permalink

A haiku lamenting poetry futility:

My words mean little
    small thoughts brazenly spoken
    no chance for winning

81. 2009 August 21 6:27 pm
    rightwingyahoo permalink

I thought I would give it a try
    Yet my phrases impotently lie
    on the floor by the bin
    words for ears made of tin
    many posts but not much that is sly

So now I am taking the hook
    And on rhyming am closing the book
    So much sound and fury
    verse composed in a hurry
    to prose I shall forever look….

82. 2009 August 21 6:28 pm
    rightwingyahoo permalink

And that’s all I have to say about that, Jenneeeey!

83. 2009 August 21 6:32 pm

rwy:

My member is small
    winning poetry night is
    my life’s ambition

🙂

84. 2009 August 21 6:32 pm

rwy…don’t shoot! 🙂

85. 2009 August 21 6:33 pm

INC –

Congratulations on the RedState post. YThere are more than 80 comments. Nice!

86. 2009 August 21 6:34 pm

You win, RWY! You won for best poem posted at 6:27 pm pst on 8/21/09! Congrats!

87. 2009 August 21 6:34 pm
    INC permalink

Thanks, bc. It was a hot topic I posted at the right time.

88. 2009 August 21 6:42 pm

RWY:

Poems prolific
    Comments florally spoken
    Why am I not first?

89. 2009 August 21 6:42 pm
    lurker1 permalink

RWY – how plaintive! Great haiku – you are the best! JM needs to rethink the winners from past weeks… JR – Horrible!!!

90. 2009 August 21 6:43 pm
    rightwingyahoo permalink

You win, RWY! You won for best poem posted at 6:27 pm pst on 8/21/09! Congrats!

Cheating, obviously…. besides, I am no longer eligible for any prizes, being retired. wahhhh!

91. 2009 August 21 6:45 pm

Life is disgusting
    Poetry is a girls game
    Second place, a pisser.

92. 2009 August 21 6:46 pm

You are most certainly eligible for prizes, RWY! In fact, I have a cute little dog for you named Talulah. She doesn’t puke constantly or have smokers cough or anything, just in case you were going to ask that. I felt like a big winner when we brought her home from the pound on Tuesday, and want to pass that winning feeling along to you today.

93. 2009 August 21 6:48 pm
    rightwingyahoo permalink

3 is far too many syllables for a dog’s name.

94. 2009 August 21 6:51 pm
    rightwingyahoo permalink

Why not name your dog “Niederschlagswahrscheinlichkeit” and get it over with?

95. 2009 August 21 6:52 pm

Don’t blame me, I wanted to name her Daphne (aka “nemesis” from Heroes, because she is my blasted nemesis…..I mean the sweetest dog evah! You want her right?)

96. 2009 August 21 6:53 pm
    rightwingyahoo permalink

And why would I want another hound, having 2 already?

97. 2009 August 21 6:54 pm

Because you are a nice guy, and a winner in our hearts.

98. 2009 August 21 6:55 pm

oy, vey.

99. 2009 August 21 6:56 pm

😛

100. 2009 August 21 7:15 pm

I really hope you aren’t going to stay away from poetry night, RWY. Nothing says you can’t win next time.

Lucy

101. 2009 August 21 7:20 pm

JM…big ole SNAP on the Lucy cartoon!! 🙂

102. 2009 August 21 7:26 pm
    brucefdb permalink

JM, that is a classic….are you and RWY scripting this?

103. 2009 August 21 7:32 pm

Kill all the old ones
    They all vote conservative
    Off the disabled

104. 2009 August 21 7:34 pm

Kill Aunt Susie now
    Why should elderly stay here?
    Butcher young and old

105. 2009 August 21 7:35 pm

Execute your Mom
    After all you kill babies
    Garrote the helpless

106. 2009 August 21 7:36 pm

I pray I am wrong

Justrand – did you see Jon Voights comments on “zero” pushing for a Civil War?

107. 2009 August 21 7:36 pm

Lol I was wondering when the friday poetry could come. 😉

108. 2009 August 21 7:38 pm
    brucefdb permalink

MFG….so light hearted.

These days make it easy to understand why men went to war…..either let yourself and your ideals be slaughtered, or stand up and fight.

109. 2009 August 21 7:39 pm

Machine gun your Dad
    Strangle your family pet
    Liberals love death

110. 2009 August 21 7:41 pm

OK, lighthearted

Polls are down
    Obama will frown
    He has such a fright
    America has seen the light!

111. 2009 August 21 7:41 pm

Not scripted, bruce. 😆

112. 2009 August 21 7:42 pm

You know what would be an awesome bumper sticker after having seen that video of the weepy tree huggers?

Have you strangled a tree today?

113. 2009 August 21 7:45 pm
    MFG permalink

Tall and tan and young and stupid
    The fraud from Illinois starts talking…

114. 2009 August 21 7:46 pm

My other car is a wooden canoe made entirely of a [rare] tree that housed a [rare] frog. hahaha

115. 2009 August 21 7:47 pm

Pave the Rainforest!

116. 2009 August 21 7:53 pm
    brucefdb permalink

MFG…are you in your cups…..ha ha, you are a riot tonight, JM too.

117. 2009 August 21 8:04 pm

118. 2009 August 21 8:06 pm

POTUS unzips pants
    Proceeds to pee in a fan
    All are yucky now.

119. 2009 August 21 8:06 pm

LOL!

120. 2009 August 21 8:07 pm

rofl

121. 2009 August 21 8:07 pm

Barack is a fool
    Makes even Biden look smart
    God help our country

122. 2009 August 21 8:09 pm

heh,

Look at Micheal Moore
    smelly horror on fat legs
    please God kill me now

123. 2009 August 21 8:10 pm

Barack a gangster
    Rahm thinks he is Frank Nitti
    time for civil war?

124. 2009 August 21 8:12 pm
    MFG permalink

Rahm thinks he is Frank Nitti!

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

125. 2009 August 21 8:13 pm

smelly horror on fat legs bwahahahahahahahahaha

But you still have to beat out MFG for best haiku.

heh

126. 2009 August 21 8:13 pm

Dems mentally ill
    Yet still they were elected
    Who can explain it?

127. 2009 August 21 8:14 pm

damn…poetry night broke out, and I’m defenseless! (ok, only slightly more defenseless than normal). And it’s Haiku night apparently! YIKES!

128. 2009 August 21 8:14 pm

No I’m retired.

Besides I want second place…if i wasn’t retired, which I am…

129. 2009 August 21 8:15 pm

Obama hated
    The dark side has betrayed him
    Now vengeance is ours

130. 2009 August 21 8:16 pm
    MFG permalink

You have forced my hand!

All bow for the benediction for LATE NIGHT POETRY AND HAIKU!

Our Obama
    Who art in Washington
    Hallowed be thy name
    Thy corruption come
    Thy fraud be done
    In Washington as it is in Illinois
    Give us this day our welfare check
    And forgive us our Christianity
    As we forgive those who have decency or ethics
    And lead us not into integrity
    But deliver us from honesty amen

131. 2009 August 21 8:17 pm

America wakes
    And its about damn time too
    Battle lines are drawn

(Dude, I suck at Haiku)

132. 2009 August 21 8:17 pm

Alinsky, vandal
    No peace for our republic
    suffering for all

133. 2009 August 21 8:17 pm

I do love haiku….I suck at it badly though….cannot win them all

134. 2009 August 21 8:17 pm
    MFG permalink

I demand haikus from all!

Come on, you guys can do it!!

135. 2009 August 21 8:18 pm

thank you, your Emminance!

should I break out the Sake??

136. 2009 August 21 8:20 pm

139. 2009 August 21 8:21 pm

Sake bombs on me
    Now that M F G said grace
    Drink up dear galters

140. 2009 August 21 8:22 pm
    MFG permalink

As long as you have a designated driver to get you safely home from Poetry & Haiku night it shall be allowed

141. 2009 August 21 8:23 pm

Franken you weasel
    Election stolen you scum
    Impeachment for you

142. 2009 August 21 8:24 pm

dangit

143. 2009 August 21 8:26 pm

Proud of my country
    All the time unlike Michelle
    She doesn’t know her ass from a hole in the ground

*I may be off, syllable wise*

144. 2009 August 21 8:27 pm

Our POTUS
    who art from hades
    soiled be thy name
    Thy unions come, thy opponents beaten
    now, and throughout the ages
    Give us this day our electric ration
    And forgive us our children
    a stink in the nostrils of the carbon traders,
    and lead us never to prosperity
    but deliver us from freedom
    for yours are the malice, the reparations, and the rich white people
    for generations

All up to the One

147. 2009 August 21 8:28 pm

148. 2009 August 21 8:29 pm

rwy…excellent “The One’s Prayer”! 👿

149. 2009 August 21 8:30 pm

Barack Obama
    “the constitution is flawed”
    Now thieves run congress

150. 2009 August 21 8:31 pm

bah

151. 2009 August 21 8:31 pm

152. 2009 August 21 8:32 pm

damn, I do like Toby Keith!! thx, MFG

153. 2009 August 21 8:33 pm

154. 2009 August 21 8:34 pm

ok…since I can’t do haiku, here’s a very funny “Alternate ending” to the Wizard of Oz

“>

155. 2009 August 21 8:36 pm

Rabbis turn blind eye
    To a sign from God perhaps?
    Deutschland Uber Alles

*What’s 1 syllable amongst friends*

156. 2009 August 21 8:42 pm

Hitler Obama
    When is our Reichstag fire?
    Obama Hitler

157. 2009 August 21 8:44 pm

158. 2009 August 21 8:45 pm

ROFL that video was hysterical!

159. 2009 August 21 8:48 pm

I suck at Haiku
    Limericks not much better
    Attendance award!

160. 2009 August 21 8:48 pm

161. 2009 August 21 8:48 pm

Red hyperlinks!

Cool!

162. 2009 August 21 8:50 pm

night folks…books beckon! cheers!

163. 2009 August 21 8:51 pm

Me too!

Goodnight all

164. 2009 August 21 8:59 pm

It is Ramadan
    Obama on vacation
    A coincidence?

165. 2009 August 22 5:06 am

Let me get this straight.

Obama’s health care plan will be
    written by a committee whose head says he doesn’t understand it,
    passed by a Congress that hasn’t read it,
    signed by a president who smokes,
    funded by a treasury chief who did not pay his taxes,
    overseen by a surgeon general who is obese, and financed by a country that is nearly broke.

What possibly could go wrong?

— from the Ole Man

Trackbacks & Pingbacks

1. Sarah Palin: No Health Care Reform Without Legal Reform - INC’s blog - RedState
  2. J’s Cafe Nette » Sarah Palin: No Health Care Reform Without Legal Reform