Sarah Palin: “Your Tax Dollars Hard At Work:
First Cars, Now Foreign Oil”

2009 August 19

Instead of Drill Here, Drill Now, Pay Less! the Obama Administration is saying Drill There, Not Here, Pay More!

Sarah Palin writes on her Facebook today in Your Tax Dollars Hard At Work: First Cars, Now Foreign Oil:

So why is it that during these tough times, when we have great needs at home, the Obama White House is prepared to send more than two billion of your hard-earned tax dollars to Brazil so that the nation’s state-owned oil company, Petrobras, can drill off shore and create jobs developing its own resources? That’s all Americans want; but such rational energy development has been continually thwarted by rabid environmentalists, faceless bureaucrats and a seemingly endless parade of lawsuits aimed at shutting down new energy projects.

Yesterday Gateway Pundit noted the continuing hypocrisy of the White House and the Democrats in energy development:

Team Obama approved a nuclear energy program for the UAE in May.
But, Obama and the Pelosi-Reid Democrats will not allow nuclear energy expansion in the United States.

Already this year democrats banned offshore drilling, scrapped oil and gas leases in Utah and opened the 111th Congress by introducing a bill to permanently prohibit drilling in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge (ANWR).
But, Team Obama is going to lend billions of dollars to Brazil to finance exploration of its huge offshore oil field discovery.

Gateway Pundit also has an update on Soros who is busy making money on Petrobas.

__________
H/T: yogi41 at Hot Air for the Facebook link; Gateway Pundit.

1. 2009 August 19 8:59 am

Oh oh! She’s done it again with Facebook. Now Sarah’s not only going to incur the wrath of the left but also limp-wristed “conservatives” like Rich Lowry, David Frum and David Brooks who get more upset at Sarah for “telling it like it is” than with people who are destroying our country.

2. 2009 August 19 9:14 am

Using Facebook Sarah is able to communicate directly with the American people, reducing the MSM filter, and bypassing people like Rich Lowry who dislike her because: 1) she’s outside the Beltway and Manhattan, 2) says what she thinks (divisive and over-the-top), 3)doesn’t owe anyone anything and 4) represents the ultimate threat to the status quo.

3. 2009 August 19 9:15 am

“We cannot spare this woman – she fights.”

Sarah Palin: moving across the country, kicking butts one at a time and more when necessary.

4. 2009 August 19 9:19 am
    INC permalink

She’s building policy positions on Facebook as all of her naysayers will continue to sputter and fume.

5. 2009 August 19 9:21 am

INC, I loved your hark back to Lincoln’s description of Grant.

Like Grant, Palin FIGHTS…and fights without consideration of whose “sensitive toes” might get stepped on.

6. 2009 August 19 9:26 am
    INC permalink

Thanks, justrand, but it’s a link to a column David Karki did in April. As far as I know, he’s the first one to take that quote and apply it to Sarah Palin. Conservatives 4 Palin use it and I was reminded of it again when Andy McCarthy invoked it the other day in The Corner.

It is a phrase that absolutely fits and that’s why it sticks!

7. 2009 August 19 9:26 am

Too bad she didn’t expand on those thoughts.

We’re willing to send $2bn to Brazil, but we not willing to BUY ethanol from Brazil at 20-25% less than domestic produced Ethanol?! Not only that but the Brazilian booze is made from cane stalk effluent so they are closing the carbon loop better than processes based on corn. Nor are they being forced to make a choice — corn as fuel or food.

Time for the Dept. of Ag to go too…..

8. 2009 August 19 9:28 am
    INC permalink

She may yet do that, Dr. D. Her first “death panel” post was short and served the purpose of getting everyone’s attention.

9. 2009 August 19 9:35 am
    conservativetony permalink

From Ras

For the first time in over two years of polling, voters trust Republicans slightly more than Democrats on the handling of the issue of health care. The latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey shows that voters favor the GOP on the issue 44% to 41%

I think all Conservatives and Republicans–hell, let’s make it all Americans–should take a moment and give thanks to The Won. He alone has taken what was once an unbreakable Democrat topic and has given it to the Republicans.

I don’t know about y0u guys, but I say: Thank you, Mr. President! What else can we help you with?

10. 2009 August 19 9:47 am

INC

Damn! She is effective! Does a new facebook entry yesterday on energy. Has the Gov of NY promoting shale gas development today — http://ibdeditorials.com/IBDArticles.aspx?id=335400162148553

We don’t want this woman in the WH in 2012 because?

11. 2009 August 19 9:47 am

Good Point INC. Sarah realizes that if she “spills her guts” in a single facebook page, readers won’t check her out on a daily basis. My guess is that she is building a group of advisors that probably includes Thomas Sowell and Mark Leven.”

One of the interesting updates on the Gateway Pundit site is that George Soros may be benefitting financially from the Petrobras off-shore drilling.

12. 2009 August 19 9:50 am
    mpthompson permalink

My latest bumper sticker:

Still need to make LOL, SOL and JOKE.

13. 2009 August 19 9:51 am
    mpthompson permalink

Darn, the image tag didn’t work. The link is here.

14. 2009 August 19 9:53 am
    INC permalink

The Soros connection–typical of The Culture of Corruption!

15. 2009 August 19 9:56 am
    INC permalink

Mike, I updated your comment with your new bumper sticker!

16. 2009 August 19 10:01 am

We don’t want this woman in the WH in 2012 because?

– She relies on common-sense rather than an Ivy League degree
    – She is honest and speaks her mind
    – She represents the people not the special interests
    – She would replace champagne and caviar with Alaskan salmon, mooseburgers and Alaskan Amber at WH cocktail parties
    – The entire RNC would be out of work as would RINO Republican strategists
    – She lives her values

17. 2009 August 19 10:04 am
    INC permalink

O/T: I’ve updated David Horowitz On Saul Alinsky to include links to his new posts as he continues the series. He has four parts up now.

Note his continuing theme:

…partisans of the left set out to destroy their opponents, not just refute their arguments.

This is why they’re intent on Sarah Palin and more recently on Glenn Beck. No matter how much they deride her, they recognize the real threat that Sarah is to their schemes; she sees their deception, speaks to the point and connects to American citizens.

18. 2009 August 19 10:06 am
    INC permalink

bc, I was writing my comment and didn’t see yours. Your points go right along with what I wrote.

19. 2009 August 19 10:09 am

BC,

Good List!!

20. 2009 August 19 10:13 am

The written Palin is encouraging.

21. 2009 August 19 10:14 am
    mpthompson permalink

Thanks. If you don’t mind my asking, what was the change? I thought I made the image tag correctly. Did I forget the closing slash just before the end bracket?

22. 2009 August 19 10:16 am

Oh California! You are not alone in your risible tax demise — California Disease: Oregon at Risk of Economic Malady

23. 2009 August 19 10:19 am
    INC permalink

Mike, I went into an old post and loaded it using the XHTML for posts. I then cut-and-pasted it into your comment. The extra code is more than a slash. I’ll email the code to you!

24. 2009 August 19 10:20 am
    BCL permalink

mp, Nice ride! I hope you have a low deductible on your auto insurance.

25. 2009 August 19 10:25 am

huge hattip to HotAir…I’m posting the whole link ’cause if ya haven’t seen it yet you need to. It’s the same moronic Congressman who said he didn’t CARE what his constiuents thought…but they’ve “mined” more nonsense out of his talking to the NutRoots folks.

Democrat: Grassley’s fear of euthanasia in ObamaCare is an “act of treason”

Yup, he claims saying that euthanasia is a logical outgrowth of Obamacare is: “TREASON!

Remember folks…WE have to keep it civil!!

26. 2009 August 19 10:28 am

p.s. to MPT, Jackie Speier is now saying she want to “limit her townhall to just her constituents”. I’m going anyway, since the venue is about 1 mile away!!! Here’s her latest link:

New venue for August 23 Health Care Town Hall

27. 2009 August 19 10:32 am
    mpthompson permalink

“limit her townhall to just her constituents”

Justrand, aren’t you in the 12th district? I’m one of her constituents so we can use my ID to get in. This whole thing is so absurd. Can’t use ID to check a person to vote, but ID checked to attend a town hall meeting.

28. 2009 August 19 10:34 am

As Dr. D, said the other day, I’m not one who knows how to do the “construction” work, but I’m an “interior decorator” who tries things until something works! — INC

Go get’em girl!! 🙂

29. 2009 August 19 10:37 am
    mpthompson permalink

mp, Nice ride! I hope you have a low deductible on your auto insurance.

With my previous “I’m Un-American, Pelosi Said So, Are You Next” sticker it was fun seeing people pull up behind me and either make a sour face or get a smile. One person was even honking, waving and giving me a big thumbs up. It was pretty fun. I even ventured in San Francisco last week with it on. I’m probably pressing my luck though.

I’m thinking ROFL might be a little too subtle. JOKE may be a better one.

30. 2009 August 19 10:37 am

David A$$holerod and Rahm Emanuel brought this on themselves with the trumped-up ethics violation charges.

31. 2009 August 19 10:38 am
    INC permalink

Dr. D, 😀 !

mpt, as long as you don’t make it JOKER. Someone might accuse you of being a racist if you do that!

32. 2009 August 19 10:50 am

O’SH$%! would be a good one but probably not suitable for the family people mover.

33. 2009 August 19 11:41 am
    BCL permalink

I’m thinking ROFL might be a little too subtle. JOKE may be a better one.

I like it. Nicely done. All your ideas for bumper snickers were great.

34. 2009 August 19 12:09 pm
    brucefdb permalink

I’m thinking ROFL might be a little too subtle. JOKE may be a better one.

Yeah, Mike, JOKE is very good.

I also like using the Obama O in “Oink if you love liberals”, or maybe just Oink.

35. 2009 August 19 12:20 pm

Speaking of LOL:

A driver is stuck in a traffic jam going into downtown Chicago .

Nothing Is Moving north or south.

Suddenly a man knocks on his window.

The driver rolls down his window and asks, ‘What happened, what’s the hold Up?’

‘Terrorists have kidnapped Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton,Oprah Winfrey, Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid, Rosie O’Donnell, Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton. They are asking for a $10 Million ransom. Otherwise, they are going to douse them with gasoline and set them on fire. We are going from car to car, taking up a collection.’

The driver asks, ‘On average, how much is everyone giving?’

‘About a gallon’.

36. 2009 August 19 12:33 pm
    MFG permalink

Dudes

The perfect Obama bumper sticker:

BROKE

37. 2009 August 19 12:35 pm
    MFG permalink

Hey you Kalifornia BJGalters out there, someone on the radio here in New Orleans said that his tax refund check from the state of Kalifornia BOUNCED (this was one of the talk show hosts, a local guy)

Is that POSSIBLE…???

Have you heard of anything like that…???

38. 2009 August 19 12:42 pm
    Sharp2edgedsword permalink

Who are the primary funding sources for enviromental groups ?

39. 2009 August 19 12:48 pm
    janzam permalink

MFG

Haven’t heard anything about refund checks bouncing…but, it wouldn’t surprise me. The more you talk to people in this state the greater you see the stasis.

I hear that Nevada is posting signs in Sacramento with the message that more or less says, “Come to our state for fair business practices, or just just stay and lose your assets in California!”

40. 2009 August 19 1:29 pm
    RepublicanPundit permalink

Go, Sarah, Go.

41. 2009 August 19 1:45 pm
    Sharp2edgedsword permalink

Is it possible that big oil is a large contributor to environmental groups to keep supply low so that prices remain high ?

42. 2009 August 19 1:49 pm
    aureliusx permalink

troll alert

43. 2009 August 19 1:49 pm
    aureliusx permalink

protip, kiddie: conservatives don’t use phrases like “big oil”.

Shape up your pitch and try another site.

44. 2009 August 19 1:52 pm
    brucefdb permalink

I hadnt looked at cafepress in some time and they actually have many of the Obama bumper stickers discussed here….including JOKE and a number of other clever ones.

MFG….Nevada is openly running ads in Ca to draw businesses. I have only seen a couple but they are pretty devastating (as in true).

45. 2009 August 19 1:53 pm
    brucefdb permalink

funny, aurelius, that was gonna be my next post (i.e. your first 1:49).

46. 2009 August 19 1:54 pm
    aureliusx permalink

lol, seems to have scared him off.

47. 2009 August 19 1:54 pm
    brucefdb permalink

Could it be that ‘Big Green’ is behind the global warming scam?

48. 2009 August 19 1:57 pm
    aureliusx permalink

poor little fella…

he went through all the trouble of registering, planning a nice long career of trolling here… and in his second post flushed all that work down the crapper.

49. 2009 August 19 1:58 pm
    INC permalink

aureliusx/Bruce, at the moment I don’t think Sharp2edgedsword is a troll. I went back and searched the comments and reread everything he’s written. He started commenting here last week and none of his comments to this point are liberal or trollish. “Big oil” is the first catch phrase–everything else rings true.

50. 2009 August 19 2:00 pm

(Not)Sharp2edgedsword

Sierra Club
    PETA
    Earth Defense Fund

Case you haven’t noticed the links to the funders of these environmental groups all happen to be leftist foundations. Not an Exxon or Mobil among them. Please try harder, Jay has a consolation prize waiting in the wings….

51. 2009 August 19 2:03 pm
    Sharp2edgedsword permalink

I’m certainly not a troll. Since the environmentalists seem to be able to block offshore drilling in the USA and ANWAR, I was wondering how they became so powerful and what their funding sources were. aureliusx, for you to make such a snap judgement of me, leads me to think you jump to conclusions much to rapidly.

52. 2009 August 19 2:06 pm
    aureliusx permalink

OK it wasn’t his second post… he held on a little longer than that….

53. 2009 August 19 2:06 pm

54. 2009 August 19 2:06 pm

I don’t think he/she is a troll, just asked a trollish question. 🙂

55. 2009 August 19 2:08 pm
    Sharp2edgedsword permalink

I have never been called a troll at the two other rightwing sites I post at. I know some of your commentators from those sites.

56. 2009 August 19 2:08 pm
    aureliusx permalink

it would be nice if American “big oil” could set the price of oil. unfortunately “big Saudia Arabia” is the relevant entity here.

darn those big companies! darn them all to heck. I hate it when they get big.

57. 2009 August 19 2:09 pm
    Sharp2edgedsword permalink

well couldn’t saudi arabia funnel some money their way ? or russia ? or other opec countries ?

58. 2009 August 19 2:12 pm
    aureliusx permalink

saudi arabia can just pump less. very simple for them.

59. 2009 August 19 2:12 pm
    aureliusx permalink

opec has total control over the price of oil as long as demand is there (which it is).

60. 2009 August 19 2:16 pm
    Sharp2edgedsword permalink

your right as long as they control the SUPPLY . but the oil shale in usa is greater than s arabia’s reserves and the natural gas supply linked above is substantial also, as is Brazil’s potential find.

61. 2009 August 19 2:18 pm
    Sharp2edgedsword permalink

and in dr dogs link for earth fund, one of the contributors was Rockefeller-formerly Exxon if I’m not mistaken.

62. 2009 August 19 2:24 pm
    aureliusx permalink

they are smart enough to not push things.. they know if the price of oil gets too high other energy sources will be developed faster, electric cars more common, etc.

It is in their interest to play out their good hand as long as possible. Energy finds elsewhere are fine as long as they don’t utterly dwarf the opec fields.

I honestly can’t imagine why opec would fund an american enviro group.

opec fields would get depleted faster if there were no other sources, at which point America would suddenly rocket to the top of the fossil fuels world.

Better to play out the hand nice and slow.

63. 2009 August 19 2:24 pm
    brucefdb permalink

Try George Soros, Algore, Big Legal, and the nitwits in the entertainment industry as the primary funders of Big Green. But there are probably individuals in those countries you listed that have a vested interest and could be funding the Green Movement as well.

But that isn’t ‘Big Oil’ as I understand it. Big Oil is like Exxon, Mobil, et al.

64. 2009 August 19 2:26 pm
    brucefdb permalink

Exactly my point…..Rockefeller is Rockefeller, not Exxon.

65. 2009 August 19 2:27 pm
    Sharp2edgedsword permalink

Better to play out the hand nice and slow. perhaps. I was just wondering how the environmentalists were so strong and are able to prevent us from drilling HERE. I know the Dems defer to them but I was wondering if they had a lot of money to gain such influence and if so, where did the money come from.

66. 2009 August 19 2:28 pm
    brucefdb permalink

Besides which, when Oil Prices go up, the % profit these companies make does not. They use the same ratio for development as they always do. Unfortunately they can’t use it for development here.

67. 2009 August 19 2:29 pm
    aureliusx permalink

Rockefeller foundation is a leftist organization like MacArthur. not an arm of exxon.

68. 2009 August 19 2:30 pm
    brucefdb permalink

Enviros have been getting laws passed making any capitalist enterprise that involves energy costly or impossible for decades. Green is Red. They are a significant part of the leftist movement in this country.

69. 2009 August 19 2:31 pm

Sharp2edgedsword permalink

Yes. But unfortunately the foundation has nothing to do with Exxon. They are hold over from the family fortunes and it is manned by leftists.

70. 2009 August 19 2:32 pm
    brucefdb permalink

But I will give you this Sharpsword, it would be very interesting to see an accounting of where their money does come from.

71. 2009 August 19 2:37 pm

Sharp2edgedsword

Its the law of marginal return. The Saudi’s can pump out a $88 barrel of crude for about a $1. Spend another $1 to get it here on a VLCC. To get to that shale oil will cost probably $10-15 for that same $88/bbl. So for the refiner buying the Saudi oil give them more margin.

That being said, I would much prefer we develop the shale beds to improve our balance of payments. But the CongressCritters would have to amend tax law. The Dims are not so inclined.

72. 2009 August 19 2:39 pm

A word to all galters who become billionaires. Write your will carefully. Chances are they’ll figure out a way to give your money to leftist organizations if you don’t make it ironclad. — aureliusx

Hmm. I don’t think I have to worry 🙁

73. 2009 August 19 2:44 pm

Hmm. I don’t think I have to worry

That’s ok. You’re still a good dog. 😉

74. 2009 August 19 2:46 pm
    INC permalink

Riehl World View links to this from the WV Gazette:

Court rejects Obama efforts to reverse Bush mining changes

“In determining the federal government cannot arbitrarily strike down a regulation, the court has preserved an open and transparent regulatory process that provides for notice and protects the rights of all interested parties to comment,” said Carol Raulston, spokeswoman for the National Mining Association, which had generally supported the Bush administration changes and opposed the Obama Interior Department’s actions.

The United Mine Workers of America were not happy either.

75. 2009 August 19 2:51 pm
    brucefdb permalink

Wow, that judge is likely to see Fort Marcy Park soon.

76. 2009 August 19 3:43 pm
    BCL permalink

I wonder if that 0bama emblem is copyrighted.

If people start making items using that symbol to mock Dear Leader I could see the hammer coming down. Or would that be considered Fair Use if the items were distributed for free.

77. 2009 August 19 4:00 pm
    rightwingyahoo permalink

s2es is not a troll, I don’t think. Just a poorly worded rhetorical question…

78. 2009 August 19 4:27 pm
    brucefdb permalink

Probably right RWY. Of course I would label BOR a troll if he posted here.

79. 2009 August 19 4:32 pm

Finally on topic:

In summation…Soros invests $800M in Petrobras (making it his #1 holding according to FNC), Dems prevent any drilling here, Obama gives $2B to Petrobras.

Nah, Soros couldnt be running Obama, nah.

80. 2009 August 19 4:35 pm
    Sharp2edgedsword permalink

Well, I think it is silly and presumptious ( not to mention rude ) to label someone a troll just for using the phrase “big oil.” I was simply asking a question based on the thread topic of banning drilling here. I was thinking to myself or out loud ” how come the enviro-wackos are so powerful, where do they get their money to influence congress ? ”

Speaking of Rockefeller- foundations apparently control in excess of $500 billion.

Here is a link that has a video about “evil( undermining /America ) leftist foundations…

ps- I know several of you from HHR

81. 2009 August 19 4:37 pm
    Sharp2edgedsword permalink

Nah, Soros couldnt be running Obama, nah.

LOL, just like Rezko( only on a much bigger scale now), nothing to see here, run along…

82. 2009 August 19 5:31 pm
    rightwingyahoo permalink

Oh, O’Reilly is a troll, no question.

83. 2009 August 19 5:33 pm
    RepublicanPundit permalink

Soros will have a lot to answer for when the “real” revolution begins.

84. 2009 August 19 5:36 pm
    rightwingyahoo permalink

It’s definitely an alarm phrase. You ought to be more careful, we can be pretty twitchy ’round ‘ere..

Anyway, yes the oilcos pay the enviruses to whack them. It’s layoff money that never quite gets you laid off of….

It’s like this, with the enviruses being the first guy and the oilcos being the second…..

85. 2009 August 19 5:55 pm

It’s definitely an alarm phrase.

It can be, yes. Like I said, I do not think you are a troll, you just asked a troll-ish question. It happens. Happened to me once on another board, but I honestly had no idea at the time what a troll was or even that my question was odd.

86. 2009 August 19 6:08 pm
    RepublicanPundit permalink

Is there any truth to the rumor that Henry Waxman got his nose from sniffing farts out of bus seats?

87. 2009 August 19 6:10 pm
    brucefdb permalink

He was just trying to lower the Carbon content RP. LOL.

88. 2009 August 19 6:17 pm
    RepublicanPundit permalink

Ha, bruce

89. 2009 August 19 7:17 pm

brucefdb permalink

He was just trying to lower the Carbon content RP. LOL.

Really? I missed it? Waxman really Kevorked himself in the name of carbon credits? Ohhhhh Pleeeeze let it be true!

Talking about Kevorkian. Like many things in life, if the HC passes he was just ahead of his time.

90. 2009 August 19 7:26 pm
    brucefdb permalink

Heh, doggie, I said you were a good doggie.