“This Isn’t Chicago, Toto”

2009 August 4

Issa to Emanuel: Back Off!

Representative Darrell Issa of California is one Republican who is not going to sit there and take it as Team Obama tries to ride roughshod over Republicans in Congress and the American people.

WASHINGTON D.C. – Following reports that White House Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel has been orchestrating an effort to intimidate members of Congress and Governors who raise legitimate concerns regarding the effectiveness of the stimulus, House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform Ranking Member Darrell Issa (R-CA) sent a letter to Emanuel saying “While this type of scare tactic may work In Chicago, it will not work to intimidate me or other Members of the United States Congress.”

Congressman Issa had a 100% ACU rating in 2008 – our kind of Republican!

Read more.

Barack ain’t Dorothy and Rahm sure ain’t Toto, although he is rabid.

1. 2009 August 4 12:34 pm
    conservativetony permalink

I posted this a few minutes ago, but here it is again.

2. 2009 August 4 12:36 pm

You’re right CT. Issa is one of those yucky pro-lifers.

3. 2009 August 4 12:37 pm

Are you done messing with it, bc3b? 😆 I have one last thing to fix and it won’t let me.

4. 2009 August 4 1:11 pm

I was about half an hour ago, but I am not now. I just reinserted the link and the photo caption. I’m done.

5. 2009 August 4 1:54 pm
    janzam permalink

I love the inferences made, bc, in your “This isn’t Chicago, Toto,” headline —-> clever!

6. 2009 August 4 1:59 pm

Let me qualify what I said earlier. Rep. Issa is our kind of Republican for most of us. Then there are “big tent” people.

7. 2009 August 4 2:05 pm
    janzam permalink

sigh….

Dems begin Alinsky-in-August offensive Kyle-Anne Shiver of American Thinker

8. 2009 August 4 2:09 pm
    janzam permalink

To mp — another Joker idea!

H/T Wizbang

9. 2009 August 4 2:31 pm

Hmmm I like the head band…. Oh she had a tee shirt on?

10. 2009 August 4 2:31 pm
    mpthompson permalink

Jan, does she come with the T-shirt? (I’m being a bad boy. Please forget I said that.)

I’ve been perusing some places where lefties hang out and to say they are apoplectic over the “Obama/socialism” poster is an understatement. They really don’t get the irony that a person would criticize their messiah in such an over-the-top and crass manner. I really hope the poster spreads like a virus so that people know they aren’t alone and perhaps some eyes might be opened. We’ll see.

11. 2009 August 4 2:32 pm

12. 2009 August 4 2:34 pm
    janzam permalink

mp — if you read the comments below, someone already asked that question, about the model coming with the t-shirt! LOL Oh, the male brain!

13. 2009 August 4 2:41 pm
    mpthompson permalink

Oh my. Now making a poster of this joker picture would be going too far. Much too far. Don’t y’all agree? I think I’ll stick with picking on Obama for now.

14. 2009 August 4 2:42 pm

Janzam –

“Dems begin Alinsky-in-August offensive.”

If the GOP is going to survive, it needs to fight fire with fire. It needs to start campaigning against Obama and Pelosi – one of the most hateful people in America.

What the conservative movement needs to do is figure a way to neutralize the media and get Americans to truly distrust it.

15. 2009 August 4 2:42 pm

Agreed….yet they had no problem whatsoever with the pictures depicting Bush with a gun to his head….

16. 2009 August 4 2:43 pm

Its a hint. Now apply it to health care Congress. Failure to understand is taken at your own peril.

17. 2009 August 4 2:44 pm

My eyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyes mpthompson! My eyes! They are bleeding now! Please never show that picture here again. kthx

18. 2009 August 4 2:45 pm

That almost makes Helen Thomas look good.

19. 2009 August 4 2:45 pm

Though admittedly, it is an improvement over her “normal” face.

20. 2009 August 4 2:50 pm

OT, joke —

The Postal Services created a stamp with a picture of President Obama.

The stamp was not sticking to envelopes. This enraged the President, who demanded a full investigation. After a month of testing and $1.73 million in congressional spending, a special Presidential commission presented the following findings:

* The stamp is in perfect order.
    * There is nothing wrong with the adhesive.
    * People were spitting on the wrong side.

21. 2009 August 4 2:53 pm
    INC permalink

RedState has this from today’s Fred Thompson Show:

Jeri: Posters of Obama depicted as the Joker have been popping up all over L.A. Is Obama actually like the Joker?

Fred: No. The Joker had crazy people and bombers as henchmen. Obama has them … more as mentors.

22. 2009 August 4 3:29 pm

BTW I wanted to wish a very happy birthday to Helen Thomas, who turns 900 today.

23. 2009 August 4 3:41 pm
    mpthompson permalink

Helen Thomas and Obama have their birthday on the same day. Coincidence?

24. 2009 August 4 4:17 pm