We have always been at war with Eurasia

2009 August 16
by justrand

A/P headline up now:

Sebelius: ‘Public insurance option not essential’

Big Brother Lord Obama requires you to clear any and all cache from your computer memory, as that cache may include innaccuracies such as: Obama: “Public insurance option IS essential”

You have one hour to comply!

1. 2009 August 16 8:15 am
    brucefdb permalink

Sure, the public option will disappear and be replaced by Insurance Co-opts. Which will be designed to guarantee rationing. No big deal. Just more leftist incrementalism. Once everyone is disgusted with the evil Co-opts the government will come to the ‘rescue’ and save us with single payer. It’s all in the game plan.

2. 2009 August 16 8:25 am

brucefdb…your attitude’s been noticed! 👿

“>

3. 2009 August 16 8:29 am
    brucefdb permalink

Heh, JR. Oh well, as Mark Steyn would say, I’ve already had enough good innings in life.

4. 2009 August 16 8:31 am
    janzam permalink

Bruce — totally agree with your comment.

It is all such a big game of strategy with the dims in getting single payer through, one way or another. Unfortunately, the dims are just not honest brokers in trying to create a plan that will fulfill the needs of and for the people, as they are not listening to them. And, it is just making the people more incensed, resulting in a tidal wave of resentment.

In a perfect world, it is a perfect brew for the 2010 elections, where the people are able to give consequences to overreaching politicians by voting “the bums” out. We shall see.

5. 2009 August 16 8:40 am
    janzam permalink

The German version of the the Tea Parties.

The Pirate Party Link

6. 2009 August 16 8:42 am
    rightwingyahoo permalink

There is a Bavarian secession movement underway, actually. The only part of Germany that is the least bit conservative as we would define it.

7. 2009 August 16 9:23 am

My favorite moment from Obama’s daily townhall greenhouse meeting, this one in Montana

“Hello, Mr. President. Thank you so much for taking the time to speak to us. My name is Michelle O. and I’m a lifelong resident of Butt, Montana. I… [holds finger to ear] Whoops, sorry, that’s pronounced ‘Byoot.'”

— Jim Treacher via Instapundit

Long live the Plants!

8. 2009 August 16 9:37 am
    mpthompson permalink

Jan, don’t be so quick to embrace the Pirate Party. I’ve been aware of them for a number of years as they were born out of the technology industry in Europe and the governments overbearing enforcement of digital rights on individuals, passing down sentences equivalent to violent crimes for copying CDs, DVDs, etc. The Pirate Party tends to see the government operating on the behest of big business. Thus, from what I understand, they are more anti-big business than anti-big government and they do tend to align themselves politically with the green party and socialist parties. I would like to be proven wrong, but I don’t believe they are using conservatism as a philosophical base for their movement. I myself may be sympathetic to some of their views, but by and large they are don’t seem to be friends of conservatives.

9. 2009 August 16 9:45 am

Obama attempting to change the debate because he’s losing miserably.
    All these talking about here is changing the language not the intent.

DO NOT BE FOOLED. This needs to be highlight this smoke screen and called out over the next 48 hours.

10. 2009 August 16 9:55 am
    mpthompson permalink

Off Topic: Macomb Township Tries To Repeal 2nd Amendment, Fails Epically UPDATED with first-hand pics

What is it with liberals and gun rights. Liberals simply cannot find an individual right to carry in the U.S. Constitution, even though it is explicitly cited in amendments that specifically address only individual rights, but can find a right to abortion which is somehow invisibly inserted somewhere in the same document.

I don’t even own a weapon, but it doesn’t bother me in the least bit if my neighbors do as long as they are responsible enough to keep them out of the reach of curious little hands.

11. 2009 August 16 10:11 am

mpt, even though my father was a very decorated soldier in World War II, we never owned a gun until our house was attacked in 1968 and we were nearly all killed. It was a quiet suburb, but a gang THOUGHT a rival gang member lived there (unbeknownst to us he HAD…but many years before).

We survived.

One of the investigating officers told my Dad:
    Sir, we CANNOT protect you from criminals like these…we can only investigate the crimes they commit against you. Arm yourself.

My father bought two guns the next day. When I became an adult I bought my first gun. I am not a gun nut. Nor, however, do I intend to become a “victim”…at least not without taking a few bad guys with me.

It is your choice, mpt, and I truly respect it. Having come within seconds and INCHES of dying from random gang violence, I have chosen differently. Cheers!

12. 2009 August 16 10:17 am
    aureliusx permalink

Now the White House is talking “nonprofit co-ops”. As they describe it these would not be goverment owned or run but would require a big initial infusion of government “startup costs”.

Kent Conrad (D) is supporting this.

Fight it!!! What do you think will happen to these co-ops and how often will they need to be bailed out?

I call BS.

Fight it.

13. 2009 August 16 10:26 am
    mpthompson permalink

Justrand, owning guns is just something outside of my experience (although my father did have a few for hunting). Up until recently I’ve never really considered it one way or another. However, given what’s been going on in our country over the least 18 months I’ve considered purchasing a gun and learning to use it to exercise my 2nd amendment rights. An NRA gun safety course would not be out of line for my wife and children as well.

14. 2009 August 16 10:28 am

I was shocked the first time I heard that story. Still can’t believe it. 🙁

15. 2009 August 16 10:28 am

oddly enough, here’s another, uh, Star Wars video…kinda. Hattips to Instapundit and Vodkapundit. Vodkapundit calls this:
    It’s the Greatest Thing in the History of All Stuff Ever
    well…if you’re a guy…and a sci-fi loving guy to boot!! Sorry ladies, but though it be WILDLY O/T, I just gotta do it!! 🙂

“>

16. 2009 August 16 10:37 am

Even if you are not a gun owner, you should still be a NRA member, mpt. They work so hard for the rights of gun owners.

And yes, teaching your family gun safety and usage is very very important. Kids need a healthy respect and fear of guns. Taking the taboo away from them, while instilling respect for them is a delicate balance for every family, but it is necessary. I promise you I could leave our guns and ammo sitting unlocked on the kitchen table and the kids would not touch them (not that I would, but I could). Why? They know what they do, there is no ohhhh and awww factor for them. The taboo is gone, they know those are for protection, but also for the range for practice. They know what happens to objects shot with those things. I think it goes beyond guns though, you know your children and whether or not they have a grasp on right and wrong and that is why owning a gun when you have a child in the house is a case by case basis.

17. 2009 August 16 10:38 am

All that’s missing from this thread now is beer.

18. 2009 August 16 10:51 am

you’re right! 🙂 Sadly, it’s not Beer’o’clock yet!

19. 2009 August 16 11:03 am
    rightwingyahoo permalink

“He may only talk to your ship?”

Honey, lol, that’s “He may only take your ship..”

Actually wasn’t the phrase “Jabba would rather have your ship, I think”?

20. 2009 August 16 11:17 am

‘Gush!!’ It is now, here in Texas….. Where are those pretzels?

21. 2009 August 16 11:23 am

From a source that shall not be named —

Milwaukee mayor wounded after being hit with pipe

The next thing you know there will be a community group out to ban pipe. Laws will be passed you must be a registered pipe fitter to buy pipe and the pipe will be in a locked cabinet down the the Home Depot.

Sigh….

22. 2009 August 16 11:58 am

“you’re right! Sadly, it’s not Beer’o’clock yet!”

It is in Michigan. You’re just in the wrong time zone.