Obama to Cut Border Patrol

2009 September 26

Once again Barack Obama works to destroy our nation’s security.

(CNSNews.com) – Even though the Border Patrol now reports that almost 1,300 miles of the U.S.-Mexico border is not under effective control, and the Department of Justice says that vast stretches of the border are “easily breached,” and the Government Accountability Office has revealed that three persons “linked to terrorism” and 530 aliens from “special interest countries” were intercepted at Border Patrol checkpoints last year, the administration is nonetheless now planning to decrease the number of Border Patrol agents deployed on the U.S.-Mexico border.

Border Patrol Director of Media Relations Lloyd Easterling confirmed this week–as I first reported in my column yesterday–that his agency is planning for a net decrease of 384 agents on the U.S.-Mexico border in fiscal 2010, which begins on October 1.

A Department of Homeland Security annual performance review updated by the Obama administration on May 7 said the Border Patrol “plans to move several hundred Agents from the Southwest Border to the Northern Border to meet the FY 2010 staffing requirements, with only a small increase in new agents for the Southwest Border in the same year.”

Easterling said on Tuesday that in fiscal 2009, 17,399 Border Patrol agents have been deployed on the U.S.-Mexico border. In fiscal year 2010, the Border Patrol plans to decrease that by 384 agents, leaving 17,015 deployed along the Mexican frontier. At the same time, the number of Border Patrol agents deployed on the U.S.-Canada border will be increased by 414, from a fiscal 2009 total of 1,798 agents to a fiscal 2010 total of 2,212.

Full article.

Hat tip: CNSNews.com

1. 2009 September 26 1:01 pm

Gee, maybe we can hire some Mexicans to do the job that the Federal Govt refuses to do.

2. 2009 September 26 1:36 pm
    TLS permalink

There’s a border between Mexico and the U.S.??

3. 2009 September 26 2:26 pm
    rightwingyahoo permalink

So let’s get 10,000 volunteers and go down, help out.

4. 2009 September 26 4:00 pm

hmmm…

October 16, 2008 (from his campaign website)
    “Barack Obama and Joe Biden want to preserve the integrity of our borders. They support additional personnel, infrastructure and technology on the border and at our ports of entry. Barack Obama and Joe Biden believe we need additional Customs and Border Protection agents equipped with better technology and real-time intelligence” (BarackObama.com).

March 24, 2009
    “The Obama administration announced a major increase in security funding and the deployment of U.S.-Mexico border agents Tuesday…The plan, calls for doubling the number of border security task force teams”

LIES?? Yup.

5. 2009 September 26 4:08 pm

“Brazil’s vice president says his country should develop nuclear weapons.

Jose Alencar says “a nuclear weapon has great importance” to prevent attacks on Brazil because of its extensive borders and maritime holdings. Alencar tells Brazilian newspapers that Brazil doesn’t have a program to develop nuclear weapons, but should. ”

This after the Messiah has called for a world without them? Blasphemy!!!

6. 2009 September 26 4:48 pm

Pretty much, the genie is out of the bottle with nukes. It will be a badge of honor that if you are a serious country you will have one.

7. 2009 September 26 5:00 pm

Typical FSM BS The first sentence lacks any sense of geography. Burlington is no stretch a suburb of Philly. A suburb of Philly is Fishtown, Italian Market area, etc. Used to live there.

8. 2009 September 26 5:04 pm

my wife’s family really IS from Burlington…going back to the late 1600s. Every one of them is spinning in their graves over this. One of her ancestors was a Captain in the New Jersey militia from Burlington and fought with valor in the Revolutionary War. He fought AGAINST the type of horseshit that the fascists in the school there are foisting upon the kids.

NOTHING gets my blood boiling faster that taking advantage of kids for ANY reason! (ok, washing my car is the sole exception)

9. 2009 September 26 5:49 pm
    TLS permalink

The fact that these people can’t understand why everyone is upset about little children singing to Obama just demonstrates that they have a total lack of understanding of how the U.S. government works. In this country the President is a servent of the people, not an object of worship. He is expected to act in a way that honors us, not the other way around.

10. 2009 September 26 5:57 pm

TLS, a splendid analysis of the divide in our nation!

11. 2009 September 26 6:29 pm
    Wylie E. Coyote permalink

looking at the Obama’s on Fox – he is speakin at the Black Congressional Caucus dinner…..

Oh, I am gonna puke….lol

I cant get to the remote fast enough lol

Factoid: Did you know that Michelle O’s HS GPA and SAT scores were less then the well know HS dropout and commie Mike Moore’s?

He is thanking Deval Patrick for the MA Teddy-clone Senator cramdown……”thanks for helping me get the country closer to serfdom!”

uh, puke

12. 2009 September 26 6:48 pm

Wylie E. Coyote…LOVE the avatar!

as to your watching Obama at the Black Congressional Caucus dinner…WOW! you have either consumed mass quanities of alcohol or, well, damn…I don’t know how else someone COULD have watched it!

the drinks are on me!

13. 2009 September 26 7:04 pm
    TLS permalink

Wylie, did you see my post in response to your question on how to find out if a bill has been voted on or not? Here it is again just in case:

14. 2009 September 26 7:52 pm
    conservativetony permalink

Man or Mouse?

Obama knew of Iran plant before U.N. assembly

Man?

Since the 2008 presidential campaign, Obama has maintained his determination to engage in direct negotiations with Iran over the Iranian nuclear program.

Mouse?

The Obama administration reportedly knew about the second secret Iranian uranium enrichment program prior to the United Nations meeting, yet the president chose to say nothing about the revelation, either during his address to the General Assembly or yesterday, when he chaired a Security Council session.

15. 2009 September 26 8:45 pm

16. 2009 September 26 8:53 pm

12. LOL!!!

17. 2009 September 26 9:16 pm

excellent, ip…truly! hopefully this young man has actually learned his lesson, and will resist the hordes of ACLU lawyers seeking him out to make a martyr of him. he learned his lesson very cheaply!

18. 2009 September 26 9:21 pm
    Wylie E. Coyote permalink

#13 Yeah, he was doing his fake “jive preacher” rap for “the brothas and sistas” and reminding us all what a horrible and racists contry we live in…..

sigh, the dude who is half-white and got everything handed to him by rich grannies or the us taxpayer is telling us how “immoral” we are because we dont want to facilitate his forcable confiscation of wealth schemes…..

I need a hooter – 140 proof Vodka cant take away the pounding my head took from listing to 2 mins of the tired hustle of the worlds #1 pimp for tyranny….

Geessshhh, for a bunch of people who complain about anncestors who were freed from slavery dam near 150 years ago by a bunch of my dead ancestors who are populating the cemetaries of various civil war battlefields they sure are eager to impose a new reign of tyranny on the current population…….

Arrrrrr, with that thought I may need crack now lol

#13 Cool thx – yeah, I found out that ole Snowe is selling us out to Obamacare lite – I might need Meth for that one lol

Anybody – what the hell is a KOS PLANT? What is up with that? Are they like the lefts KGB agents but live in momma’s basement and help facilitate on-line totalitarianism lol

help me out here – I am still recovering from the Black Jive Cacus lol

19. 2009 September 26 9:49 pm
    mpthompson permalink

Coyote, I believe a KOS PLANT is referring to a special type of troll from the Daily Kos that pretends to be a conservative for a number of postings, but then goes off the deep end to give conservatives a bad name. That person can then go back to his cohorts at the Daily Kos and point to his own postings on the site (the name changed of course) to discredit conservatives. Another term for this kind of troll is a “Moby” which is derived from the name of the liberal musician Moby, who suggested that left-wing activists engage in this type of subterfuge.

KOS PLANT may refer to other types of trolls depending on the type of site you saw the term. There are so many I sometimes get them confused.

20. 2009 September 26 9:54 pm
    mpthompson permalink

Pretty much, the genie is out of the bottle with nukes.

I guess the good news is that by the time Obama is through with this country it will be so weak that we might perhaps safe for the simple reason that no self-respecting bully would want to be seen picking on us. Why bother wasting a nuke on us when there are millennium old scores to be settled, eh?

21. 2009 September 26 10:00 pm
    mpthompson permalink

The next nuclear powers will almost certainly be Japan, South Korea and most probably Taiwan. For those country’s, up until now it hasn’t been a technology barrier, but simply a decision they made. I’m certain that decision is already being changed as they gaze at the bloody knife the US just pulled out of the back of Poland and the Czech Republic.

More change we can believe in.

22. 2009 September 26 10:11 pm
    mpthompson permalink

It’s a sad day when the French President has more balls than the U.S. President. He may be a Euro-Socialist, but at least he has his head screwed on straight with regards to the can of worms Obama is opening up.

23. 2009 September 26 10:16 pm
    Wylie E. Coyote permalink

#19 MMMMkkkkayyy, so the KOS Plant takes the post back to the daily KOS and post them and they have a good laugh?

What is the point?

So it would be like this:

KOS PLANT – I was on BJG and this WLYIE dude said Obama wants socialist medicine. Boy, is he a right wing nut lol

Other Left Winger on KOS – Yeah, great job Moby. You sure show Wylie to be a racist. Its a good thing we have folks like ourselves who are smarter then everyone else – we should be telling everyone how to live their lives. Yes, government tyranny is great.

KOS PLANT – YES, I have to go pick up my Welfare check now. I will stop by the ACORN Office on the way back to see if they have any slush fund money this week for paid left wing protestors.

I mean, I dont get the point. How is this at all useful to anyone. Maybe this is amusing to them. Maybe it reinforces there natural arrogance. I guess thats why I am not a liberal, it seems like an illogical waste of time and childish.

Of course, it seems illogical to me to advocate for the government to use force on your neighbors as the solution to almost every problem in the world. I guess thats why I can’t ever be a liberal, I just assume my fellow citizens are moral and rational so deserve to be left in peace…..

Boy, maybe I am the radical these days.

Any KOS PLANTS listening – take that one back to KOS and smoke it in your HOOTERS LOL

Here is another MEMO TO KOS PLANTS: I AM COYOTE, HEAR ME HOWL. I AM COMING FOR YOU STATISTS. I AM COMING FOR YOUR STATIST PETS. I AM COMING FOR YOUR STATIST PLANTS. ANYTHING YOU STATISTS HAVE THAT WALKS, CRAWLS OR MOVES I AM COMING FOR.

24. 2009 September 26 10:26 pm
    mpthompson permalink

Liberals are in love with their own infallible intellect. That’s reason enough for them and why the rest of us will never be left in peace.

25. 2009 September 26 10:31 pm
    mpthompson permalink

Coyote, BTW, conservatism is the new radical. Kinda cool, huh?

BTW, I appreciate your posting here. I’ve been a bit busy to comment much lately, but I peruse this site daily and I’m very happy to see your voice added to the mix.

26. 2009 September 26 10:39 pm
    Sharp2edgedsword permalink

Coyote,

Eph first used the term “kos plant” at hhr to describe chekote because … well ask eph…

27. 2009 September 26 10:47 pm
    mpthompson permalink

Can’t link the AP story here, but the gist is in the first paragraph:

The U.S. and its five allies trying to stop Iran’s suspected nuclear weapons program plan to tell Tehran in a key meeting on Thursday that it must provide “unfettered access” to its previously secret Qom enrichment facility within weeks, a senior administration official says.

Ha! Ha! Ha! That’s a good one. Did they say “Pretty please with sugar on top”, or did they leave that out because it’s a “STERN” request.

Does nobody else, besides Israel, smell a setup here by Iran? Suuuure, we’ll show you the “secret” plant where we are manufacturing fissionable material. Right this way…

In the very slight, off chance that access is granted I’m certain they’ll be shown an empty warehouse and told “see, nothing here.” Of course, I presume the inspectors will not have seen that one from last season’s “24” plot.

28. 2009 September 26 10:59 pm
    Wylie E. Coyote permalink

Yeah, this BJG site is pretty way pimpin mondo cool – I am glad to be here. I like HHR but there is WAY too much chatter on their about elections like a millon year out lol. It becomes like fans arguing for sports teams I think – I mean I am not just here to root for R or D or my favorite superstar politicians. I want to get my government to enact laws and policies that protect our freedoms and rights and internal/external security. Winning and losing elections is simply a means to an end, politics a way of getting there and advocating for correct polices.

This site is cool as its way more issue, policy, and philosophy driven. And no KOS Plants or Trolls – at least not yet lol

MPT – Yes, it seems odd doesnt it that people who basically ask to be left alone and advocate for personal freedom/liberty are the radicals today.

I guess, like pavlov’s dogs, people are so conditioned today to think government is the magically solution to all problems in all areas…..

They never stop to think that government is basically force – every action they take is “law” and some implied threat of violence must be used as an enforcement mechanism

Then they have this childlike attachment to the thought that once the government employees you or someone elects you (proved you have a D by your name of course) a person somehow becomes this magically altruistic unicorn fairy being who just works tirelessly for the common good…..

Again, that just my point of view as a neo American revolutionary lol

29. 2009 September 26 11:05 pm
    Wylie E. Coyote permalink

#27 its like they will have “unfettered” access to Antartica for all the good it will do them.

You are very correct – the Iranians are not illogical or morons.

There will be nothing to see there….

Personally, I think the timing of this whole NUCCCLLEAARR drama is very strange…..

Big diversion – big bounce in the ole opinion pols for the Prez

Since they have know for 9 months it was there, I dont think this is just a randomly timed event

30. 2009 September 26 11:18 pm
    mpthompson permalink

Bread and circuses, Coyote. Bread and circuses…

31. 2009 September 26 11:37 pm
    Wylie E. Coyote permalink

#30 Speaking of circuses, there was some great Bevis and Butthead classics on VH1 last nite….

I think that if we pass Obamacare we should appoint Bevis as health czar and Butthead as the chairman of the Death Panel….

Bevis: Uh, uh, uh like Death Panels rule

Butthead: Yeah, rationing old people’s health care is cool

Bevis: It would be like, uh, cool if we killed Anderson, yeah yeah

Butthead: That rocks. He caught me spankin my monkey in his cabana. Yeah, we will death panel him. Cool.

I am watching “the secrets of the Freemasons” now. I am waithing for the to tell me the secrets of the 9/11 truthers then the birthers too.

Hey, about how many dudes log on to BJG daily? Are such stats kept? No I am not a KOS PLANT lol

32. 2009 September 27 3:39 am
    Sharp2edgedsword permalink

Since today is Sunday-

The Bible contains the words of God to men and woman.

What does the bible say about God’s words and commandments ?

Well if you read Psalm 119, you will find that: the word of God is TRUE – Thy word [is] true [from] the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments [endureth] for ever. It can QUICKEN us- Psa 119:154 Plead my cause, and deliver me: quicken me according to thy word. And of course it is sharper than a 2 edged sword- Hbr 4:12 For the word of God [is] quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and [is] a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

33. 2009 September 27 3:49 am
    Sharp2edgedsword permalink

What does quicken mean ? Well the Hebrew word is chayah. The definition is : to live, have life, remain alive, sustain life, live prosperously, live for ever, be quickened, be alive, be restored to life or health. The word chayah occurs 13 times in the Bible. Here are the 13 times it appears : http://www.blueletterbible.org/search/translationResults.cfm?Criteria=quicken&t=KJV.

Lord, quicken us today according to thy word.

34. 2009 September 27 6:15 am
    Tina permalink

I mentioned the Border Guard situation in my post from yesterday about “What Did I miss this week.”

I havet to add 95th Bank Failure this year – always noted late Friday….

Also- Ras, 48/51 – negative – 10.

35. 2009 September 27 6:27 am
    phineas gage permalink

The marxist is only eliminating the Border Patrol to make it easier for the illegals to flood back to Mexico as he destroys the economy here.
    /sarc

36. 2009 September 27 6:30 am
    phineas gage permalink

Evidently the leaders of the free world are now France, Germany, Japan and Israel, whereas the champion of tinpot dictators, nuclear proliferation and oppression throughout the world is the U.S.

The world is upside down.

37. 2009 September 27 6:31 am

Tina…The One is back in double-digits indeed! The range now appears to -7 to probably about -12.

There’s 26-30% of the country that would worship him even if he gutted a child on national TV and finger-painted with their blood. We can NEVER win them over.

There’s 26-30% of this country that will NEVER trust him no matter what (been lied to TOO many times already!). I am, sadly, in that camp. I say “sadly” because I truly have never felt that way about a President. Carter was stoooopid, Clinton was lecherous, Bush (both) was bumbling…but I never felt any of them would do things INTENTIONALLY against our national interests. Obama? Like I said, I can NEVER give him the benefit of the doubt again.

That leaves about 40% of this country that is truly “in play”. They are whom we must concentrate on winning over…and it is they that the media focus on in SELLING Obama day-to-day

38. 2009 September 27 6:32 am

OBama 48/51 – RAs

-10

39. 2009 September 27 6:33 am
    phineas gage permalink

Nice to see that this old perv may finally get what he deserves.

Then again he’ll probably receive a complete pardon from the marxist.

40. 2009 September 27 6:35 am
    phineas gage permalink

Here are the current headlines at the top of the Drudge page:

Iran test-fires short-range missiles…
    ‘Could reach Israel’…
    Revolutionary Guards begins war games…
    Venezuela exploring uranium deposits with Russia…

1939 redux. We are heading into dark times, with a feckless ideologue at the helm….

41. 2009 September 27 6:35 am

“EPH dude – why is Chek at HHR a KOS Plant? I am keen to know as I had to give her and idological beat down today lol”

Because she’s hell bent on dividing the GOP based on social issues, prticularly abortion. She bashes conservatives more than she bashed Obama. So she preends to be a “David Frum moderate” by bashing conservatives. Not buying it. You should see what happens when religion is brought up, and I dont just mean Christianity.

42. 2009 September 27 6:37 am
    phineas gage permalink

What I don’t understand is why she hasn’t yet landed at LGF, her logical destination. CJ would welcome her with open arms.

43. 2009 September 27 6:48 am

PG: “1939 redux

Nope. 1938. And our very own Neville Chamberlain just proclaimed he has achieved “Peace in our time!”

44. 2009 September 27 6:49 am
    phineas gage permalink

You’re right, thanks for the correction.

45. 2009 September 27 7:03 am

happy to help, pg! 🙂

the parallels are staggering! Chamberlain sold out the Sudetenland…and ultimately all of Czechoslovakia, to secure that “peace”. Obama sold out Poland to secure his “peace”.

Chamberlain was an honorable man…just stupid and spineless. Obama is neither stupid nor spineless. His “sale” of Poland (and ultimately ALL of Eastern Europe) to Russia was not to achieve “peace in our time”…but to further his OWN ends. The exact nature of Obama’s designs are only now coming into focus…

46. 2009 September 27 7:50 am
    Wylie E. Coyote permalink

#41 thanks – that was very insightful. Check out the thread at HHR. Her and I and some dude named KNOVA were going toe to toe on Obamacare.

Bascially, they were saying either let it pass no big deal or its dead nothing to see here. Not sure which.

In either case, they labelled me part of the tin hat brigade.

If these are GOP moderates, geeeshhh we are in bad shape.

I guess being moderate means never having to wake up in the real world lol.

At some point, you have to take a principled stand on something. If you cant draw a line in the sand with a ph I socialist medicine plan what the hell will you stand up for?

47. 2009 September 27 9:42 am
    Sharp2edgedsword permalink

#

48. 2009 September 27 11:43 am
    mpthompson permalink

Please everyone, we really need to make BJG a Chekote free zone. She’s banned from here so can the rest of us please stop poking the putrid corpse with a stick to see if it is still twitching? If I had any interest in what she was saying or doing I would go to the other sites that she infests. As my father would say, she’s just an outright “sh!t disturber” and paying any attention to her just gives her pitiful life some meager meaning that it doesn’t deserve.

49. 2009 September 28 1:12 am

“Big crisis, right now, when the HC bill is being snuck out of the Finance committee….”
    —-

I don’t think this is lost on many, in fact it’s rather transparent.