Safety Nets

2009 September 13

Abraham named the place of God’s provision of a ram in lieu of the sacrifice of his son, Jehovah-jireh, The Lord Will Provide.  At points of dire need in my own life I have known His provision.  He has not only comforted me, but at crucial times I have seen people who could only have been brought into my life providentially, who have given encouragement and extended help to me.

There have been times when I have felt so broken through the circumstances of life that I needed not just help, but to be carried, as those men carried the paralytic to Jesus to be healed.  It’s significant that the gospels record upon seeing their faith, Jesus forgave and healed the man.  The safety nets we need are those of people who know us, love us and have compassion on us and not the illusive and false net of government, which becomes a snare.

My family has been in a dark valley for a long time now and we are going through great upheaval and loss.  Among other things, this means an imminent move for us.  There will be a time gap in my blogging and I am uncertain as to its length.

I am grateful for the support of friends, including those here, for the help of family and for the love expressed to me in the faith community of believers in Jesus Christ.  In midst of them, God continues to be my Jehovah-jireh, reminding me again that He has caught me up in His arms–the lasting and eternal safety net.

__________

H/T:  Image: Susan E. Hendrich.

1. 2009 September 13 5:46 pm
    rightwingyahoo permalink

Three cheers for INC and her family. We will always be proud to call her a friend.

2. 2009 September 13 5:49 pm
    brucefdb permalink

Ditto that.

3. 2009 September 13 5:52 pm

God Bless you and your family, INC.

4. 2009 September 13 5:57 pm
    MFG permalink

There are no accidents

You were meant to be here and the changes that are occurring now in your life were meant to be also

I have had some tremendous tribulations myself in the last few years but they have worked powerfully to make me a better person

No accidents

Keep in touch, we’ll be praying for you, everything will be OK, you’ll see

5. 2009 September 13 5:57 pm

May God’s blessings manifest themselves to you and your family…and (being an impatient person) soon. 🙂

Please take extra good care…and may any absences from us be short ones.

6. 2009 September 13 5:58 pm
    TLS permalink

May the Lord guide your path and heal your heart!

7. 2009 September 13 6:16 pm

God Bless you, INC. Thank you for all you do, and for being a wonderful friend. Take good care and please keep us updated as best you can as to what is going on. *hug*

8. 2009 September 13 6:17 pm
    RepublicanPundit permalink

INC. I will miss the person with whom I have blogged with for the past few years. May the Good Lord hold you in the palm of your hand.’

9. 2009 September 13 6:25 pm

Life Still Has A Meaning
    by Author Unknown

If there is a future there is time for mending-
    Time to see your troubles coming to an ending.

Life is never hopeless however great your sorrow-
    If you’re looking forward to a new tomorrow.

If there is time for wishing then there is time for hoping-
    When through doubt and darkness you are blindly groping.

Though the heart be heavy and hurt you may be feeling-
    If there is time for praying there is time for healing.

So if through your window there is a new day breaking-
    Thank God for the promise, though mind and soul be aching,

If with harvest over there is grain enough for gleaning-
    There is a new tomorrow and life still has meaning.

10. 2009 September 13 6:35 pm

INC,

May the Good Lord watch over you and your family.

-Eph

11. 2009 September 13 6:37 pm

“Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?

“And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

Matthew 6:25-

12. 2009 September 13 7:07 pm
    Sharp2edgedsword permalink

alfred e neuman: “what me worry “

13. 2009 September 13 7:39 pm
    durman permalink

May the Good Lord bless and keep you – you and your precious family – and may you sense His Peace and Presence as you travel through the valley.

Notice, too, in Psalm 23 that we travel “through” the valley – we will never live there under the Shepherd’s care.

Try your best to follow 1 Peter 5:7 “Cast all your cares on Him, for he cares for you.”

Shalom!

14. 2009 September 13 8:12 pm
    INC permalink

Thank you all so very much.