An Interesting Read

2009 October 13
by MFG

Unfortunately the argument is being made by a Communist but an interesting read nevertheless

HT: The Daily Beast

1. 2009 October 13 10:37 am
    fedupartist permalink

Sen. Snowe’s contact info:

Phone: (202) 224-5344
    Toll Free: (800) 432-1599
    Fax: (202) 224-1946

2. 2009 October 13 10:39 am
    fedupartist permalink

Sen. Blanche Lincoln, D-Ark., also announced her support for the bill Tuesday afternoon,

FNC

3. 2009 October 13 10:44 am

I have called Snowe’s office a handful of times to tell her how I want her to vote, then the follow up complaint call when she does whatever she wants…..and you can hear in the voices of those sorry folks who answer (when it isn’t a machine) they they feel your pain. They can’t stand her a$$ either.

4. 2009 October 13 10:54 am

it should doom Blanche Lincoln anyway…GOOD!

5. 2009 October 13 10:58 am

Leiberleft says he doesn’t support it, but does that mean he will support a filibuster?? Weasel words my be involved here.

6. 2009 October 13 11:37 am

MFG –

Which Communist: Peter Beinart or Mark McKinnon (the man who resigned from the McCain campaign because he didn’t want to oppose Obama)?

Before anyone gets too excited about David Petraeus, does anyone know where he stands on anything other than national defense? As I have said before, former generals have been great Presidents (Washington), mediocre Presidents (Eisenhower) and horrid Presidents (Grant).

I’d prefer not to have leftists or turncoats who write for the Daily Beast select our candidate in 2012. They just might know something about Petraeus that we don’t.

I don’t think the Dims are going to let BJG authors select their candidate in 2012; let’s follow their example on this..

7. 2009 October 13 11:40 am
    MFG permalink

Beinart

Agreed the source is disgusting and the reasoning absurd (“Republicans will keep losing elections, listen to my advice!” Sure. LOL) but Petraeus might well be a formidable candidate

8. 2009 October 13 11:44 am

MFG –

Where does Petraeus stand on anything other than defense?

While Beinart is a dedicated leftist, I respect him more than Mark McKinnon. At least Beinhart has a political philosophy and isn’t a proven backstabber.

9. 2009 October 13 11:49 am
    theghostofreason permalink

Tell me again why RINO’s are a good thing……….

10. 2009 October 13 11:50 am
    MI Conservative permalink

EMAIL SNOWE

I already did and will contact her office by phone.

11. 2009 October 13 11:50 am
    MFG permalink

You know, Palin may not run

It’s not a certainty that she’ll run

I think she will, but what if she doesn’t?

What’s the backup plan…???

12. 2009 October 13 11:52 am
    MI Conservative permalink

Good Luck trying to get through to Snowe on the phone. They may have taken the line off the hook.

13. 2009 October 13 12:03 pm
    MI Conservative permalink

I just keep trying and get busy signals.

14. 2009 October 13 12:14 pm
    phineas gage permalink

Allah at HA (take it for what it’s worth) seems to think it is significant that Randy Scheunemann, a major Palin supporter from the McCain campaign, is signing up with Pawlenty.

Hey, if the choice is Pawlenty, Romney, or Huckabee, I’ll take a flyer on Petraeus in a heartbeat. He couldn’t possibly be any worse.

That said, I doubt very much he will enter the political arena.

15. 2009 October 13 12:16 pm
    phineas gage permalink

The GOP should now do something very unusual–actively maneuver for the defeat of one of its own members.

The sooner Snowe is out of office and replaced by a typicaly northeastern liberal Democrat, the better of the GOP will be.

This RINO charade and media kabuki dance simply must end.

16. 2009 October 13 1:14 pm

The least the GOP leadership can do is strip her of seniority, thereby removing her from any meaningful committee. It would require at least one testicle in the bunch, which I fear is lacking.