Sinking Lifeboat: Uncontrolled Immigration & HC

2009 October 4

America’s health care system is in crisis: Costs and insurance premiums are skyrocketing and the number of the uninsured is rising rapidly as millions of Americans have lost their jobs. Providers are reducing staffing and services and increasing rates, and hospitals are closing or facing bankruptcy. Into this deteriorating situation, the Obama Administration is boldly striding in an effort to extend medical insurance more widely to the uninsured. A key issue is the cost of the expansion, and that cost will be greatly influenced by the amount of coverage that becomes available to immigrants, including illegal aliens and their children—a sizable portion of the uninsured.

The President and members of Congress have spoken extensively about the crisis in health care, but what they have ignored is the role immigration has played in driving up the number of uninsured and the rising cost of health care for native-born Americans.

As states grapple with current budget deficits, they are cutting their health care budgets to try to make ends meet. But they are limited by current legislation from making certain cutbacks in emergency medical care that would ease some of the strain that is caused by the high level of immigrant usage, especially by illegal aliens.

What is most frustrating to the public, federal state and local governments refuse to collect the information that would expose just how expensive health care to immigrants actually is, and how the quality and availability of health care to American citizens is suffering because of it.

Rest of the report.

Hat tip: FAIRUS.org

1. 2009 October 4 5:56 am
    phineas gage permalink

When things get bad enough, something will happen to change this situation. Everything has a tipping point.

The only question is how bad things have to get.

We will soon find out.

2. 2009 October 4 6:03 am

The frog is being slowly boiled.

3. 2009 October 4 6:11 am

To everything (turn, turn, turn)….
    Just let it turn to something else.

Happy Sunday!

4. 2009 October 4 6:19 am
    Bumr50 permalink

The border must be secured. I’m not understanding the opposition to this.

I was thrown off a blog, cough, LGF, cough, for some months back suggesting that a person blatantly and obviously sneaking across the border should have getting shot as something to worry about.

To me, it’s no different than breaking into a home.

5. 2009 October 4 6:19 am

FNC 10 of the top 10
    FNC 13 of the top 15

Redeye (.4) has as a better ratings than Morning Joe? Tied with Maddow, Grace and American Morning? LOL What does that say that a show on at 3am (funny as it maybe – yes I watch if I’m up) can nearly beat these other better scheduled shows?

Best spin I can think of is there are a lot of insomniacs out there, and all those unemployed are perhaps sleeping in.

6. 2009 October 4 6:22 am

“I’m not understanding the opposition to this.”

That’s cause your thinking rationally and using logic.

BTW I’m totally in favor of the comment that got you booted.
    You’d probably only have to effect that policy a handful of times before the message got out and became highly effective deterrent.

7. 2009 October 4 6:26 am

{ot}

The Taliban have murdered another tribal leader who helped to raise a tribal militia in Pakistan’s violent northwest.

Malik Abdul Majeed, a tribal leader in the Mamond region in the Bajaur tribal agency, was gunned down while driving through the town of Damadola in Mamond. At the time of his murder, Majeed was on his way to meet with government officials to discuss efforts to beat back the Taliban in the Mamond areas.

Read more: http://www.longwarjournal.org/archives/2009/10/taliban_assassinate.php#ixzz0SyPAh0S1

Tenth one of these in last 10 days.

8. 2009 October 4 6:32 am

Imagine how many Afghans who supported the U.S. will be killed if we pull out.

9. 2009 October 4 6:37 am

If that happens your not allowed to put any blame on dear leader for such results though, remember that. It will be either bidens fault for suggestion and pushing the option or someone else’s fault, probably McCrystal if he decided stays and put in more troops and things don’t turn around quickly enough to match his political calendar. A negative out come is never Obama’s fault, never, never ever.

10. 2009 October 4 6:46 am
    Bumr50 permalink

#5

Joe Scarborough just tossed conservative opposition to Dear Leader’s visit to the IOC under the bus recently, in an apparent effort at “bipartisanship.”

Bipartisanship has taken on a meaning close to surrender.

The McCain, Graham, and friends travelling Bipartisanship Show needs to stop.

#6

Thanks for the props. Not like I got to defend my position or anything. I think I lasted 30 seconds. I just threw myself into a maelstrom. At the time I posted, I knew it was gonna happen.

11. 2009 October 4 6:50 am
    Bumr50 permalink

#7

That’s an outrage.

I guess this is the sort of thing that happens when you have a Commander-in-Chief that’s not fighting for a victory.

I hope that quote sticks to him like Glenn Beck.

12. 2009 October 4 6:58 am
    phineas gage permalink

‘Imagine how many Afghans who supported the U.S. will be killed when we pull out.’

FIFY

13. 2009 October 4 7:09 am

pg your number is missing some zero’s

“Bipartisanship has taken on a meaning close to surrender. ”
    — it’s almost always meant that.

HT:HowardDean HHR
    Musharraf: U.S. Afghanistan pullout would be ‘disastrous’
    -AP

14. 2009 October 4 7:15 am

There will be a thread on McCain, Graham, etc. posted at 1 PM Eastern (10 AM Peoples Republik of Kalifornia time). Something to do during commercial time outs of the NFL games. Usually Yahoo and MFG are around then. I’d like their takes.

15. 2009 October 4 7:21 am

What’s this NFL thing you speak of? 😉

16. 2009 October 4 7:45 am
    Sharp2edgedsword permalink

California has the nations highest paid teachers yet finishes 47th out of 50 in academic results/test scores. Anything wrong with this picture ?

17. 2009 October 4 8:02 am

We’re probably 3rd or 4th here in GA.

Ok so I went and look, 7th… better than I though but … Illinois wtf? what’s the draw to go there for an illegal, guess they think Chicago PD probably has far bigger problems then to be on the look out for them? Maybe that illegal bitch who hung out in the church awhile back made and impression?

18. 2009 October 4 8:07 am

Sharp –

The link you listed had 2.2 million illegal alienns in Kalifornia. Since the total for the entire U.S. in this study is only 6.9 million (and we know the real total is at least double this), the must be a minimum of 4 – 5 million illegals in Kalifornia.

19. 2009 October 4 8:09 am

o/t

I wonder how Chekote is handling the success of “Going Rogue.”

20. 2009 October 4 8:36 am
    phineas gage permalink

Who?

21. 2009 October 4 8:36 am
    TLS permalink

Illegal immigration is killing CA. We have the liberals, La Raza, and people who can’t even legally vote protesting in the streets. What I can’t understand is why don’t they take all the money and effort that they use to fight for their rights in the U.S. and go take on the mexican gov’t. Even if we cut off all benefits to them tomorrow, their home country is still FAR worse. We need to eliminate what draws them here, but the problem will never truly go away until someone also deals with what they are running away from.

If we cut off all incentives to come here illegally and secured the border so that it was actually difficult to cross, the people in Mexico would eventually do what all oppressed people do and revolt. And mexico knows it.

22. 2009 October 4 9:07 am

Please BJG, hear my prayer
    Leave chekote over there.

No more mentions now or ever
    Let’s rid ourselves of chekote fever.

I pledge myself to complete abstinance
    then we can get on to the political dance.

23. 2009 October 4 9:36 am

Amen, mullet.

24. 2009 October 4 9:38 am

#22 Exactly.

25. 2009 October 4 11:09 am
    Wylie E. Coyote permalink

384.I cant beleive I am posting from this source but this is actually a pretty funny disection of the HC scam and the Individual Mandate:

“The Phantom Fix for HC”

Basically, it exposes the statist scam for what it is – bait n switch.

No I didnt write it, but I could have….

Maybe I should sue, eh?

Here are some of the more amusing quotes:

“Health reform is beginning to look like a run-of-the-mill “fix” of the sort Washington applies whenever a big-spending program spins out of control. When people get attached to benefits they haven’t paid for, the solution is seldom to cut the benefits. It is to rope in a set of dupes (in this case, young, healthy people) to pay for benefits they won’t receive. Far from breaking with the me-first ethos that brought us to the brink of economic ruin, the individual mandate fits squarely within the time-honored Capitol Hill tradition of identifying resources that can be dislodged from future generations, and transferring them to the generation in power.”

and this tells me all I need to know about how Individual Mandates are a trap to let the Feds take over HC:

“The President sees parallels with health care. If you have insurance and get sick, insurance pays. If you don’t, your emergency-room bills get passed on to others in the form of higher premiums. “Those of us with health insurance,” says the President, “are paying a hidden and growing tax for those without it.” So as liberals see it, conservatives ought to like the individual mandate.”

If “the one” supports it this much, it cant be good for conservatives or the people!