Another Sarah Palin post because…

2009 November 30
by INC

…it’s been over 12 hours since the last one!!  🙂

…and just talking about her in the comments isn’t enough!!

So, lighten up all you Palinphobes!  Seriously!

This column is so quotable and funny, I thought you would enjoy it.

Palin, Dobbs and Rand or

C. Brooks Kurtz Does A Wild Riff On Lee Siegel, Ayn Rand and Sarah Palin’s Political Future.

…I would state that if you can’t understand the popularity of Sarah Palin, you are never going to understand the grassroots reaction to what is happening in America, 2009….

…say what you will of Gov. Palin’s politics, but how drunk does one have to be to declare that Gov. Palin has no political future? I know there’s a Liberal bias in the media, but when the good ship MSNBC is sending out their microphoned hitgals to sleepy Midwestern towns in the dead of night to interrogate teenagers supporting a politician MSNBC keeps reminding us is irrelevant, methinks said figure might have a future.

Oh, and that thin-skinned canard? Let us put aside for a second that while Pres. Obama coolly said family should be off-limits while watching the press devour Gov. Palin’s offspring whole, it wasn’t Gov. Palin who convened a joint session of Congress to refute something Obama said about her plan for health care, on Facebook no less.

Which brings me to this: Do you, Palinphobe, really want the only well-known national political figure who’s demonstrated she’s unafraid to bring a chainsaw to a knife fight regarding The One going toe-to-toe against him? Not since Charles Bronson was rockin’ like Dokken have I so looked forward to witnessing the practical results of a death wish.

What Rand and Gov. Palin share – there’s six words you probably weren’t expecting to see spackled together – is that both tap into a well of unabashed American goodwill. Bluntly, Rand’s enduring influence and Palin’s continued grasp on the American imagination …spring from the fact that no matter how much you call a person and those who admire them stupid, some messages are beyond vituperation.

Both express values shared by most Americans: through hard work, grit, and determination, you can become whatever you want….

…I have no need to reconcile my admiration for both women, I take my solace in this simple fact: Rand and Palin, like Rush Limbaugh and Dick Cheney, infuriate all the right people, and for that I am in their debt.

__________

H/T:  Conservatives4Palin.

1. 2009 November 30 7:52 pm

Another one??? 😉

2. 2009 November 30 7:52 pm
    MDefl permalink

Well said. My sister finds her “uninteresting and stupid”.

I absolutely am going to vote for her!

3. 2009 November 30 7:56 pm

We all know what this means…

4. 2009 November 30 7:59 pm

God I like that. Sometimes your stature is not measured by those that love you but by those that hate you.

5. 2009 November 30 7:59 pm
    INC permalink

Hey, we’ve only had one SP post today and I figured you guys would be so disappointed without another one.

I don’t think we had any on Thursday, Friday or Saturday, so we have to catch up, don’t you know!

😀

6. 2009 November 30 8:00 pm
    INC permalink

I loved this line:

7. 2009 November 30 8:02 pm
    INC permalink

I promise to do more ClimateGate and swamp politics tomorrow….

There’s only so much health care you can do before you lose your mind….

A little humor goes a long way towards preserving sanity….

8. 2009 November 30 8:05 pm

A confessio0n – I enjoy lurking at HHR because (as I have said before) it’s always fun to watch a train wreck as long as you are not part of it.

Today “?” even linked Sarah Palin to a comment on Tiger Woods problems. She is sick.

9. 2009 November 30 8:09 pm
    MDefl permalink

Hey,

I got yelled at earlier (well the on-line version of yelling anyway) for mentioning the unmentionable.

OK – I did a little more than that but you…oh nevermind.

I am in a hole so like my Grandaddy always said, “Stop digging”!

10. 2009 November 30 8:09 pm

I know not whom of which you speak of, but yes I saw that and laughed my arse off bc3b. 😉

11. 2009 November 30 8:10 pm
    INC permalink

MDefl, that was not yelling–that was just a firm nudge!

😀

12. 2009 November 30 8:15 pm
    MDefl permalink

Thanks Inc. Just now pulling that foot out of my butt!

13. 2009 November 30 8:16 pm

MDefl – 2 words will do every time with a lady – “yes dear”

14. 2009 November 30 8:16 pm
    MDefl permalink

Oh, I live by those.

15. 2009 November 30 8:19 pm
    INC permalink

I’ve been in that train wreck–I have no desire to go down those tracks again.

16. 2009 November 30 8:22 pm
    MDefl permalink

Where is EPH these days?

17. 2009 November 30 8:24 pm
    INC permalink

He was here earlier today.

18. 2009 November 30 8:25 pm

Cute train graphic. (copying that link for use at a later date elsewhere) 😉

Didn’t we give him the afternoon off (EPH) ?

19. 2009 November 30 8:28 pm
    INC permalink

I think ip has used the train! ( but I did a quick grab from the web).

Eph showed up on the other Sarah Palin thread (of course) and on the “truth will out” thread. I guess now he’s catching up on his

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

20. 2009 November 30 8:30 pm

21. 2009 November 30 8:32 pm
    INC permalink

That works!

22. 2009 November 30 8:34 pm

MFG should be happy. The Saints destroyed New England.

In 2009 a football team would never be called the Saints nor a baseball team the Angels or the Padres.

23. 2009 November 30 8:43 pm

my favorite line was:
    …MSNBC is sending out their microphoned hitgals to sleepy Midwestern towns in the dead of night to interrogate teenagers supporting a politician…

Worth letting that sink in. And the little 17 year-old girl standing in line and minding her own business STOMPED ON the moronic “hitgal” who had prepared notes!

Yup…Sarah who?

24. 2009 November 30 8:50 pm
    INC permalink

In contrast to those interviews of Obama voters.

25. 2009 November 30 9:20 pm

Excellent excellent excellent. The last few paragraphs of the article in the link is exactly what I have been trying to tell ? all along with regards to the reconciliation of my like of both Palin and Rand. Well done. Oh and how terrified of Palin do you have to be to interview teens- ambush style? Geez. I talked to countless teens about Obama who had not the slightest clue as to why they liked him (aside from it was popular) but boy were they ready to talk trash about Palin, calling her stupid. The only 3 reasons I heard as to why they (the ones with an answer) liked Obama were: black, hope, and change. That was it. I would be willing to bet that those teens being interviewed in line about Palin can use more than some easily chanted monosyllabic words to describe why they are behind her….

26. 2009 November 30 10:05 pm
    judyt2009 permalink

hell yea!!!!

27. 2009 December 1 5:44 am

Ok INC, if you are warming up another ClimateGate piece, take a peek here.

Interesting thing is, I think all the environmentalists have had a cabal to all have the same talking points. You see it in the interviews.

28. 2009 December 1 5:52 am

One more climate thingy then I will shut up —

Folks, please explain why the Downing Street memo was definitive proof of a rush to judgment and Climategate isn’t. And please don;t say it’s because limey scientists are wonderful and Texans are evil. The Bushies argued that they had the same general view of Iraq’s intentions and abilities as that of foreign intel services. Perhaps a similar argument is called for now before we throw tens of trillions of dollars at a problem which is undefined in scope and to my mind, difficult to achieve “victory” over.

source
    HT: Instapundit

29. 2009 December 1 6:05 am
    Havok permalink

I like Sarah Palin and all, but with the MSM against her I dont think she stands a chance of being elected.

30. 2009 December 1 6:13 am

Gents,

Pardon my absence but Eph is quite sick these days.

IP,

Can I get a sick smileyplease?

31. 2009 December 1 6:14 am

You know everytime you guys post a Palin thread “?” takes his/her frustrations out on the HHR dont you? hahahahahha

32. 2009 December 1 6:39 am
    MDefl permalink

EPH,

Bro feel better soon. Read the thread below (which I was chastised for). It is from Hellbelly.

33. 2009 December 1 6:44 am

unhappy smileys EPH unhappy smileys

34. 2009 December 1 6:52 am

33. LOL! Yup.

35. 2009 December 1 7:12 am

Havok,

Not having the press in her corner is an impediment. But not the killer it used to be. Even in the days of LSM gatekeeping guys like Nixon got press time and ended up Prez. Now it is damn easy to bypass the press with Facebook and Twitter.

Personally if it was a line up between Obama and Palin, I suspect Palin wins. But I don’t think we will see that. If early results say Palin is the GOP standard bearer, it would not be farfetched to see the Dims try to get Hillary in the running.

36. 2009 December 1 7:23 am
    judyt2009 permalink

EPH — don’t you know that you need to cook that turkey without dressing inside… otherwise it is just a bacteria feast.

37. 2009 December 1 7:25 am
    judyt2009 permalink

Havok…let us wait until after Nov. 2010 before we start making proclamations of Sarah’s electability.

38. 2009 December 1 8:32 am