Inhofe Will Keep The Heat On Global Warming

2009 November 23

I am enjoying writing these headlines!  Can’t you tell?

The Washington Times has interviewed Senator Inhofe about Great Britains’s East Anglia CRU emails. If you missed the news about the publication of those emails and documents, you can read background on the hacking and publication of these documents here and here.

Here’s a portion of the Washington Times interview transcript (via Hot Air).

Senator Inhofe: This is out of a speech that I made, Melanie, back on the floor of the Senate, and it was repeated, John Gizzi picked it up and put it in Human Events. This was 4 years ago, in talking about the science, cooking the science. I said I would discuss the “systematic and documented abuse of the scientific process by which an international body that claims it provides the most complete and objective science assessment in the world on the subject of climate change, the United Nations IPCC.” Now that was four years ago; so we knew they were cooking the science back then, and you’ve been talking about the, you know, what’s happened recently with the bloggers coming up with what they did, what they…

Jed Babbin: Let me interrupt you there Senator, because I think that’s a really important point. Ladies and gentlemen, if you haven’t followed that story, what Senator Inhofe’s talking about, in Britain, a blogger got into some of the official government records about climate change and how the measurements were being taken to show…

Melanie Morgan: And the politics behind it….

Senator Inhofe: Well, on this thing, it is pretty serious. And since, you know, Barabara Boxer is the Chairman and I’m the Ranking Member on Environment and Public Works, if nothing happens in the next seven days when we go back into session a week from today that would change this situation, I will call for an investigation. ‘Cause this thing is serious, you think about the literally millions of dollars that have been thrown away on some of this stuff that they came out with.

Melanie Morgan: So what will you be calling for an investigation of?

Senator Inhofe: On the IPCC and on the United Nations on the way that they cooked the science to make this thing look as if the science was settled, when all the time of course we knew it was not.

Jed Babbin: Should somebody stop further spending on this until we get this investigation, Senator?

Senator Inhofe: Well, I don’t know how you do that, though, ‘cause we’re not the ones that are calling the shots. The interesting part of this is it’s happening right before Copenhagen. And, so, the timing couldn’t be better. Whoever is on the ball in Great Britain, their time was good.

Ed Morrissey has also interviewed Inhofe.  You can listen to his interview at Hot Air.

Watts Up With That? continues to stay on top of developments with numerous posts.  The latest one has a theory on the publication of the documents–it’s neither a hacker nor an insider blowing the whistle, but stupidity a la ACORN:

I would like to offer a third possibility based on a bit of circumstantial evidence I noticed on the Web Saturday afternoon.

There’s an old adage, never assume malice when stupidity or incopetence will explain it….

Many have begun to think that the zip archive FOI2009.zip was prepared internally by CRU in response to Steve McIntyre’s FOI requests, in parallel with attempts to deny the request in case the ability to refuse was lost.  There are many reasons to think this is valid and it is consistent with either of the two theories at the beginning of this post.  Steve McIntyre’s FOI appeal was denied on November 13th and the last of the emails in the archive is from November 12th….

So this is my theory is and this is only my theory:

A few people  inside CRU possessed the archive of documents being held in reserve in case the FOI appeal decision was made in favor of Steve McIntyre.  They shared it with others by putting it in an FTP directory which was on the same CPU as the external webserver, or even worse, was an on a shared drive somewhere to which the  webserver had permissions to access. In other words, if you knew where to look,  it was publicly available.  Then, along comes our “hackers” who happened to find it, download it, and the rest is history unfolding before our eyes.  So much for the cries of sophisticated hacking and victimization noted above.

If I had to bet money, I would guess that David Palmer, Information Policy & Compliance Manager, University of East Anglia, has an even chance of being  the guilty party, but it would only be a guess.

To repeat the basic premise of this theory.

There’s an old adage, never assume malice when stupidity or incopetence will explain it.

__________
H/T: Hot Air, Watts Up With That?

1. 2009 November 23 3:47 pm
    MFG permalink

The Global Warming Scam

The 21st Century’s tulip bulb mania

2. 2009 November 23 3:52 pm
    aureliusx permalink

I have a lot of friends who are scientists. What went on here is the worst thing a scientist can possibly do.

Scientists don’t take oaths, but they are trained to present the truth that nature provides and not try to hide data or impose their preconceived notions, as the most basic ethic of the profession. Not because it is moral (although it is) but because the truth often surprises.

Being honest is the best and only policy as a scientist– we don’t know enough, and we cannot fathom the extent of our ignorance. Scientists are taught this, and it is right.

These people are vile. Their dishonesty should be considered criminal. The global impact of their lies needs to be taught as a case study in all high schools and colleges and graduate schools.

3. 2009 November 23 3:55 pm
    aureliusx permalink

Their goal, as with all marxists, is equalization. Shut down the economy of the developed world to equalize disparities.

Had they succeeded, they would have caused more human suffering than Stalin and Hitler combined.

and they knew. they knew full well. Gore not only knew but sought to profit from the scam, with massive investments in companies that would benefit.

Liberals lie in order to hurt you.

this simple lesson must be taught to all free citizens and their children.

Liberals lie in order to hurt you.

4. 2009 November 23 4:00 pm
    INC permalink

Exactly.

Only they want to be the ones who are more equal.

5. 2009 November 23 4:02 pm
    rightwingyahoo permalink

I wonder how morons like Kirk and Castle, and Graham, and McCain, feel, now that Global Warming has been shown to be an outright hoax.

What morons. How would you like to be known across the world as the guy who fell hook line and sinker for the biggest hoax in science, (since Darwin)…

6. 2009 November 23 4:02 pm
    rightwingyahoo permalink

I have Brit inlaws, and German and Austrian and Danish family members, and Canadians too… all socialist, all Obama supporters. Some of them even refuse to visit me because I own guns….. That’s how ridiculous they are. I got into it with one of my Danish relations because he told me Reagan was a criminal.

THAT almost got him pushed over the balcony.

They were all yelling at me Global warming global warming, and I called them fools and simpletons and cowards for refusing to use their brains.

I’ll be sure and demand a reaction to this….

7. 2009 November 23 4:04 pm
    rightwingyahoo permalink

We say what we feel in our family, lol….

8. 2009 November 23 4:06 pm
    rightwingyahoo permalink

I work with a building full of them.

They are the most politically correct and gullible people you can find anywhere.

ANYWHERE.

And funnily enough, I have found them more resistant to reasoned argument, than almost anyone else I’ve met, as well.

9. 2009 November 23 4:14 pm
    aureliusx permalink

yahoo let me know what your re-education efforts turn up. I actually think that scientists will be shocked by this. They tend to be liberal and gullible, but they really don’t like frank scientific misconduct.

and nobody likes being lied to.

some will of course openly discredit the emails and the “hackers”.

but deep down they will be shocked.

and perhaps some will turn our way.

Science at its core could be better aligned with conservatives than liberals. technology and engineering and discovery strengthen our nation.

it is only when science gets twisted for political gain by liberals (Schiavo, global warming, embryonic stem cells) that science appears on the liberal side.

10. 2009 November 23 4:16 pm

It is analogous to a doctor knowingly operating while drunk, or a cop killing a witness whose story did not fit the narrative. — aureliusx

Actually much worse in my view. Fact of Galilean proportions if you get my drift. This is a perpetuation of a fraud on a global scale. The ‘AGW 5’ ought to be brought before a peer panel, stripped of their positions, Doctorates rescinded, grants retracted and THEN they can be brought up on appropriate criminal charges.

Just my take.

And what did I see today? Why some buffoon from the Center for American Progress on ‘Your World’ try to defend the nature of the ‘settled science’. His defense? That the documents were acquired illegally and hence should be ignored! Looks like what INC has found blows that theory all to hell too. 🙂

11. 2009 November 23 4:18 pm
    conservativetony permalink

The Obamapads Shep has on has got to be wearing pretty thin.

12. 2009 November 23 4:23 pm
    conservativetony permalink

Any Republican who bought into the global warming bull owes all of us an apology. This is a double hit for Newt after his debacle with NY 23.

13. 2009 November 23 4:27 pm
    rightwingyahoo permalink

NEWT! That’s right, that horrible spineless wimp.

And McCain, and Graham, and what’s that idiot Rep from SC who bought it because his son told him about it from school, what a joke.

Don Inglis.

14. 2009 November 23 4:30 pm
    aureliusx permalink

the dems will push forward still of course.

this revelation is irrelevant to their goals.

at least the spineless repubs may peel off.

May.

15. 2009 November 23 4:30 pm
    MFG permalink

Yahoo #8

I thought it was just the scientists I knew. Your description fits them to a t

The most closed minded people I have ever seen anywhere

Anywhere…

16. 2009 November 23 4:31 pm
    MDefl permalink

I got news for everyone. The left and the msm will ignore this completely just like Hussein Chavez’ membership in the NDS party. Make sure you save and print those links. In 3 years you won’t be able to find them.

17. 2009 November 23 4:33 pm
    judyt2009 permalink

LOL… I’ve just been waiting for that man-made solar flare that gives us all the skin of burnt toast. I don’t believe in the global warming crisis… I do believe that as good stewards of the God’s gift we should do our best to protect and preserve the earth. I also believe in separation of church and state… be it a Christian church or the greenies religion.

18. 2009 November 23 4:35 pm
    rightwingyahoo permalink

The bottom line is everyone is a jerk, these days.

Everyone is a liar
    Everyone is a thief
    Everyone is a lazy reprobate
    Everyone is a pervert
    Everyone is a backstabbing gossiper
    Everyone is a moocher
    Everyone is ignorant
    Everyone would sell their mother for 20 bucks

Society cannot survive like this.

19. 2009 November 23 4:36 pm
    rightwingyahoo permalink

Well, Judy, you know according to the HHRcats we are all just Authoritarian Theocrats around here.

20. 2009 November 23 4:39 pm

Everyone is a liar — RWY

Liar! 🙂

21. 2009 November 23 4:42 pm
    rightwingyahoo permalink

heh. I know I sling the labels around, but hey, I do think it’s everywhere. Gotten much worse in the last decade, imo.

22. 2009 November 23 4:43 pm

RWY, I think we all have my friend.

23. 2009 November 23 4:43 pm
    INC permalink

RWY, you must have *lively* family reunions!

Dr. D., I thought the whistle blower made the most sense, until I read the third theory. How ironic it will be if this is what happened.

24. 2009 November 23 4:44 pm

YOU LIE!

25. 2009 November 23 4:45 pm
    INC permalink

You all have reminded me of another scientific scandal based on arrogance–this one in medicine.

Ignatz Semmelweis was a Hungarian physician in Vienna in the 1800s. He was greatly concerned over the high mortality rate of women from childbed fever in his obstetric clinic at the Vienna hospital. He tracked it down to the medical students performing autopsies on cadavers before assisting the women in the clinic. He insisted they start washing their hands in chlorinated lime. The death rate went down.

Was the medical community happy? excited? No. Semmelweis was villified.

26. 2009 November 23 4:50 pm
    conservativetony permalink

I just heard on Fox that the IRA tried to bomb their own building but failed.

Right. The IRA could bomb buildings half drunk and running backwards from rabid dogs using paper towels and peanut butter for bomb material and take down any building.

27. 2009 November 23 4:59 pm
    TLS permalink

you think Newt should be embarrassed, how about the MI congresswoman who “can feel global warming when she flies”?!? Headlines in MI should have read “Global warming actually menopausal hot flashes!!”

28. 2009 November 23 5:01 pm

TLS – That was great! lol.

29. 2009 November 23 5:09 pm
    aureliusx permalink

lol…

but what I am waiting for is the argument that the fact that there is no global warming is actually evidence for global warming!

you laugh? Mark my words, it will come.

30. 2009 November 23 5:10 pm
    aureliusx permalink

delusion: a data-resistant belief.

31. 2009 November 23 5:11 pm
    aureliusx permalink

there will be something about the normal natural cycling of mother Gaia being disrupted into a cruel Western white male period of unnatural climate stability which is therefore actually climate change, but lets just call it global warming for short.

32. 2009 November 23 5:12 pm
    aureliusx permalink

anthropogenic global warming is cancelling out gynogenic global cooling!

33. 2009 November 23 5:15 pm

LOL It’s actually quite amusing now that people eyes are starting to open and are asking questions.

34. 2009 November 23 5:19 pm
    rightwingyahoo permalink

you laugh? Mark my words, it will come.

Yes, I laugh.

35. 2009 November 23 5:21 pm
    aureliusx permalink

Yes but the eyes are attached to brains that voted for Obama.

Frankly all bets are off. I have no idea what will happen now.

36. 2009 November 23 5:30 pm
    MDefl permalink

I laugh but it is the insane kind of laughter when you are one of the few sane people surrounded by insane lunatics.

37. 2009 November 23 5:31 pm
    MDefl permalink

Aure

We are in unchartered waters. I honestly think a revolution could happen. 3 years ago, I thought people were nuts who said that. Now, I am one of them. Maybe I am crazy. Who knows? The whole world has gone batchit crazy in the last couple of years.

38. 2009 November 23 5:33 pm

Fiorina – “I share Sarah Palin’s values.”

Things are changing quickly, even in liberal California. Carly indicates she would welcome Sarah’s support. I expect Sarah would stay out of the primary, but would campaign for Carly in the general. Carly is a little liberal for Palin, but she is pro-life, which, for Palin, erases a multitude of sins, and she would be running against Boxer.

During this morning’s American Spectator breakfast with journalists, Carly Fiorina, who is running for a U.S. Senate seat in California, fielded a friendly question about whether Sarah Palin would back her over her 2010 GOP primary opponent Chuck DeVore.

“I have no idea,” said Fiorina. “You’ll have to ask Sarah Palin. She’s on a mega book tour right now — that’s exciting to see. I share Sarah Palin’s values, and I suspect, I hope, that Sarah Palin thinks it’s important to win. That’s up to her.”

39. 2009 November 23 5:40 pm
    MDefl permalink

That is a smart move by Fiorina. She was a business woman and knows a helleva lot about trends. Sbe sees the Palin trend and it is up. Way up. I thought she was pro-choice though.

40. 2009 November 23 5:40 pm

Here is another big loser if the global warming mania cools off. Maybe MFG can tell us how much of the carbon credits scam is factored into their stock price.

Sell! Sell! Sell!

41. 2009 November 23 5:41 pm

FYI Tim\EPH Some of you peeps are being paged at that HHR for a vote about stay home or still vote for McCain if he chose Lieberman as VP last year.

42. 2009 November 23 5:41 pm

Whitman is strongly pro-choice; Fiorina is pro-life.

43. 2009 November 23 5:42 pm

“I thought she was pro-choice though.”

She is, not everyone is automatically referring to that issue when they say “values”, lol.

44. 2009 November 23 5:43 pm
    phineas gage permalink

Some of these comments are unfair to scientists.

In strict and pure form, science is quite beautiful, as one of the two main ways of understanding ourselves and our physical reality, the other being faith and/or philosophy.

Science practiced properly is the most powerful intellectual creation ever devised by humans, and the most productive, when you consider modern civilized societies.

The problem is when science is mixed with other things–in particular, leftist politics. There is a real unfortunate history of that, and it is still ongoing. Current university science departments are models of radical ideology. The leftists entered in the ’60’s, acquired power in the ’70’s and ’80’s, and pulled the gates closed behind them.

APG will be seen as the greatest scientific hoax of all time, no doubt about it. Science has been used like a cheap prostitute by marxists, infesting it after the worldwide collapse of marxism/socialism. To its great shame, it has let itself be used. It deserves every measure of approbation it will receive.

But it can be redeemed. Just because the cancer of leftism has invaded and hijacked it, like the body politic of many countries, doesn’t mean that it is not worth saving.

The true scientists I have known are the most brilliant and admirable people I have ever encountered, with a deep and abiding love for their fellow man.

45. 2009 November 23 5:43 pm

“Fiorina is pro-life.”

Since when?

46. 2009 November 23 5:43 pm
    rightwingyahoo permalink

I started in on the revolution jabber in 2007 when Bush came out for amnesty, and most people who heard me thought I was loony toons, and now they are the ones mentioning it to me, while I have pretty much gone negative on the country’s prospects.

I think we are headed for things that no one ever thought possible, but I think that an Argentina-style collapse, and re-emerging as a banana republic is probability 0.5, while a revolution to restore the republic is prob. 0.2.

That leaves a healthy 0.3 that we go into a depression and merge with the EU as some sort of socialist superstate.

IMO.

47. 2009 November 23 5:47 pm
    phineas gage permalink

‘I think we are headed for things that no one ever thought possible, but I think that an Argentina-style collapse, and re-emerging as a banana republic is probability 0.6, while a revolution to restore the republic is prob. 0.2.

That leaves a healthy 0.4 that we go into a depression and merge with the EU as some sort of socialist superstate.’

I agree with this assessment. The odds are not in our favor.

Everyone better have an out plan.

48. 2009 November 23 5:56 pm
    mpthompson permalink

I would peg that at about 95% right now. I really don’t see how the damage done get’s pushed back short of by force in a revolution — and I really don’t see that happening. Not unless every TV in the land were to spontaneously explode and the Chinese couldn’t get any new ones shipped here to replace them.

49. 2009 November 23 5:58 pm
    rightwingyahoo permalink

My math didn’t add up. 0.4+0.6+0.2 = 1.2 Oy, vey….

50. 2009 November 23 5:59 pm
    phineas gage permalink

Famous last words in a debate with ?:

‘I really didn’t want to get Into abortion.’

Now ongoing at HHR. Someone please help the poor lad……

51. 2009 November 23 6:00 pm
    phineas gage permalink

‘Not unless every TV in the land were to spontaneously explode’

You are so right–it ultimately will be the tool of our enslavement.

52. 2009 November 23 6:00 pm

“Whitman is strongly pro-choice; Fiorina is pro-life.”

Fiorina IS NOT pro life. Stop lying!

53. 2009 November 23 6:01 pm

“Now ongoing at HHR. Someone please help the poor lad……”

F ’em

54. 2009 November 23 6:02 pm

Whitman and Fiorina are both pro-aborts. It’s CA people!

55. 2009 November 23 6:05 pm
    mpthompson permalink

Gotta agree with Eph Rove here. If Carly is pro-life, she’s about as reliable as Mitt on it.

56. 2009 November 23 6:07 pm

Some please post a link that says Carly is pro-life.

57. 2009 November 23 6:09 pm

“Fiorina – “I share Sarah Palin’s values.” ”

I think Margaret Hoover said the same thing on BOR last month

… and she’s pro gay and pro-abortion.

58. 2009 November 23 6:10 pm
    rightwingyahoo permalink

No, she is clearly pro-choice.

59. 2009 November 23 6:11 pm
    rightwingyahoo permalink

I fervently hope Devore beats Carly in the R primary.

60. 2009 November 23 6:14 pm

rwy & pg…your posts #46 and #47 respectively ALMOST sent me out for a rare mid-week bottle of wine! Why? Because I agreed with them! (except for RWY’s math, of course). I woulda gone…but it’s COLD outside! 🙂

61. 2009 November 23 6:19 pm

RWY, a lot of people were already skeptical. But the revelations of this level of duplicity is the smoking guns that they have needed to expose the farce.

My question is should we be selling Al’s carbon trading company short on the exchange???

62. 2009 November 23 6:19 pm

I would say that I would vote for SATAN over Babs Boxer…except Boxer IS Satan! Ok, SENATOR Satan!

Fiorina and Devore are currently tied in the polls for the Repub nomination…but Fiorina is ony sigle-digits behind Boxer, and Devore is currently double-digits.

And Fiorina is a female. In THIS State I think it’s gonna take a female to defeat Boxer.

Sad but true.

63. 2009 November 23 6:22 pm
    MDefl permalink

Just,

I think I am going to mix some wine with my cold meds after this thread.

I just Thank God I came to my senses and made friends with an S&W.

64. 2009 November 23 6:24 pm

Beck tonight gave his three scenarios for our economy:
    (1) Recession
    (2) Depression
    (3) Collapse!

For scenario #3 he recommended “G…G…G”. God…Gold…Guns! Think he’s gonna catch some heat for that? 👿

65. 2009 November 23 6:26 pm

Me, I don’t agree with RWY’s final answer in #46.

Are they willing to die for a nanny state, cause I am willing to kill to be free, even if it means my own death.

66. 2009 November 23 6:26 pm
    mpthompson permalink

In 2004, Carly was described: “Republican insiders said Fiorina, whom they described as a moderate and pro-choice, is a rare breed, and she could have a bright future in politics.” I’ve seen places where Carly says she is “personally pro-life” which is code for “will vote pro-murder”.

67. 2009 November 23 6:29 pm

Saw the show, he was right of course.

On a different note, anybody been watching the San Diego ACORN dust up? Breitbart is tearing’em a new anus. He has some 20,000 docs that the dumped in a dumpster before Brown starts his investigation… and he’s willing to share.

68. 2009 November 23 6:30 pm

Romney favorables below 50% with Republicans,

Allahpundit reduced to tears. Cites fello RINO Ross Douthat, “House Republican” at the NY Times.

Please Michelle. Dump this loser.

One note of caution: It is a PPP survey.

69. 2009 November 23 6:30 pm

gnqanq, I don’t fully buy rwy’s dire prediction (I was kinda kidding), but I DO think that things once thought un-thinkable are now not.

If our economy collapses during the Obama Regime I DO believe he will attempt to impose nationwide martial-law…and DRACONIAN restrictions and eliminations of freedoms in the name of “restoring order”. We will then be AT the final precipice.

And like you I will NOT go quietly…and most (if not all) of us here won’t either! 👿

70. 2009 November 23 6:33 pm
    phineas gage permalink

‘Maybe it is the people I run with or maybe I believe the yearning to be free outweighs the desire for the nanny state by some many.’

Oh, you are the exception to the rule, God bless you.

Most Americans already comfortably wear their chains, and will slip into enslavement with scarcely a murmur of protest. As long as they can have their satellite TV.

71. 2009 November 23 6:33 pm

drdog…I’ve been following the Breitbart story all day. ACORN claims it was “Spring cleaning” (no kidding).

Now AG Jerry Brown has a REAL dilemma on his paws:
    – actually investigate ACORN
    -or-
    – continue sweeping it under the carpet and run the risk that some truly sensitive material is in there (and it appears there is!)

This may actually cost Brown the Governorship if he doesn’t do the right thing.

72. 2009 November 23 6:35 pm

I would surely take Fiorina over Boxer. I doubt that Devore could win, or even come close.

“General, please call me Senator Boxer.”

Yes Ma’am.

73. 2009 November 23 6:35 pm

justrand – IF ‘zero’ goes for the gold, he may control the cities BUT his people will be dying in the weeds in rural areas.

The cities will become zombie zones with any thing coming out being shot on sight. Those farmers wont be giving anything to the cities. They will burn it first, much like what happened in Russia and the Ukraine.

74. 2009 November 23 6:35 pm
    Wylie E. Coyote permalink

#68 His ignorance in signing off on the Democrats obvious HC takeover in MA (ie RommneyCare) proved to me that either he doesnt have the savy to deal with statists or actively buys into some of their government intervention BS….

Or both….

He can be R Senator from MA if he likes as he would be a whole lot better then the utter regressive statist the D send from their but he is clearly not a good choice for POTUS as we have much better, real conservative choices to pick from….

75. 2009 November 23 6:35 pm
    phineas gage permalink

‘If our economy collapses during the Obama Regime I DO believe he will attempt to impose nationwide martial-law’

This is precisely why I asked earlier if anyone thinks the 2010 elections will actually happen.

If the economy goes into outright collapse next year, as I believe is the plan, then I think Justrand has predicted the almost certain outcome.

Cram through their leftist agenda no matter what and consolidate permanent power.

76. 2009 November 23 6:37 pm

phineas – then I and my friends will just have to make those chains uncomfortable. Wonder how they will like freezing cold (below zero) without electricity?

77. 2009 November 23 6:40 pm

PG, and cancelling elections (in whatever fashion) would indeed start a rebllion in this country. I truly believe you would see acts of “resistance” that would, and WILL, truly shock Obama and his SEIU thugs.

Dear God I do pray it doesn’t come to this. But if it does, it does.

78. 2009 November 23 6:42 pm
    phineas gage permalink

Aaaahhhhhh, it burns!!!

79. 2009 November 23 6:43 pm

Gawd! That’s horrible!

80. 2009 November 23 6:44 pm

Fiorina on Abortion (Nov. 5, 2009):

True North: What are your positions on the button issues of gay marriage in California and the longtime Republican debate on abortion?

Fiorina: Well despite what you might be hearing whispered on the ground by the few supporters of another Republican senate hopeful, I am pro-life. On the issue of marriage, I believe that marriage should be between a man and a woman. I think on issues like gay marriage, the people have spoken. The people have spoken and it is very clear what the people want. Barbara Boxer will try to make that the issue because she has nothing to say on issues of job creation and economic growth. She will try to bring it back to very emotional values issues. That is not the battleground that the Senate is acting upon right now. The Senate’s work is focused on questions like, “Are we going to help businesses grow or are we killing them? Are we saddling our children with mountains of debt? Do we have a health care plan where in essence, the government tells you what to do?

This is not the first time I have heard that Fiornia is pro-life. Whitman, on the other hand, is a strong abortion advocate. DeVore would be my candidate of choice as he is a true conservative. I have heard he is not the most exciting candidate in the world.

81. 2009 November 23 6:44 pm

amen! my eyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyes!

82. 2009 November 23 6:46 pm
    rightwingyahoo permalink

The peeps I hang with talk the talk, but I doubt many would walk the walk. I will, at least I’m pretty sure of it, and a couple of guys would.

Most of them, would cheer us on from the sidelines.

And so many talk of leaving. Well, I guess that just makes it less likely those of us who stay have to worry about friendly fire. 😀

83. 2009 November 23 6:48 pm
    rightwingyahoo permalink

BC, I guess I was wrong about Carly on the life issue. Really though? I’ll have to look around and verify.

She has come out in favor of net neutrality, how is she on amnesty and carbon caps?

84. 2009 November 23 6:49 pm

And that constriction Jerry Brown feels in his crotch is Breitbart squeezing his balls (metaphorically, of course) — JR

Damn! And not an anvil in sight!

85. 2009 November 23 6:49 pm
    phineas gage permalink

‘Take the HHRcats for example. They’d watch us all get our vital organs perforated and respond by bowing to Obama.’

So true

86. 2009 November 23 6:51 pm
    TLS permalink

bc – I found some info on Fiorina but posted it on the wrong thread. here it is again:

OK, here’s a little research on the pro-life stance of Fiorina. First I found an interview from 11/4/09 (so that I could use her own words) where she claims that she is pro-life and against federal funds for abortion. Than further research found that the WSJ ran an article on 8/22/09 calling her pro-choice. And in a bizarre twist, I found a media matters “fact check” article in dispute of the WSJ write up, listing Fiorina’s pro-life claims back several years. So it appears that either the WSJ got it wrong, or Fiorina tried shifting with the wind and got caught.

interview link:

FLASH: By the way, within about five minutes of this interview getting published, Grover Norquist will invariably email or fax you the pledge, so you won’t have to worry about where to find it. Let’s talk about the sanctity of life issue because people are characterizing your position one way and characterizing it another way, and I figure you could take a minute and walk our readers through where you stand on this issue.

FIORINA: Okay. I believe that life begins at conception and I am personally pro-life, except, of course, in the case of rape or incest or health of the mother. In terms of government policy, I believe we need to do what we can to reduce the number of abortions and I think we need to provide alternatives to women to abortion, such as, for example, making adoption more accessible.

FLASH: Would you say it’s fair to say that you oppose taxpayer money being used to fund abortion procedures?

FIORINA: Absolutely. I oppose the use of federal funding for abortion.

87. 2009 November 23 6:51 pm

This is definatley not looking good —

The mounting level of debt in the industrialised world is prompting a growing number of investors to use the derivatives market to bet on the chance of rich governments defaulting on bonds.

The volume of activity in sovereign credit default swaps — which measure the cost to insure against bond defaults — linked to the US, UK and Japan have doubled in the past year because of concerns about their public finances.

Gary Jenkins, head of fixed income research at Evolution, said: “The biggest single risk hanging over the bond markets is the rapid rise in public debt in the industrialised world.

link.

88. 2009 November 23 6:55 pm

Yeah. Not. Good.

89. 2009 November 23 6:56 pm

dr dog – and they said this would end well.

90. 2009 November 23 6:58 pm

Yahoo –

I am not supporting Carly. The point of my original comment is that Sarah Pailin’s image is changing so quickly that even someone with RINO tendencies in the land of fruit and nuts wants her support and views her as an asset. This is a total change from a month ago when Christie and McDonnell didn’t want her support.

Palin had 4,500 in a cold rain waiting for her at Ft. Bragg this morning and 1,800 in Birmingham in the afternoon.

91. 2009 November 23 7:01 pm

From Malkin:

In keeping with Fiorina’s identity politics-driven campaign, she also said today that even though she didn’t follow the nomination closely, she would have voted to confirm Obama SCOTUS pick Sonia Sotomayor.

An Obama echo, not a choice.

BC, no worries man. It seems like the RINOS are getting thick again, but if we can confine them to CA, NY, and IL, and DE, maybe that is ok.

Just have to beat them in in the red states.

I mean, as much as I panned Christie, I’m glad he won. I still don’t think a damn thing will change in NJ, but anything that slows the Dems in DC down, is a good thing.

92. 2009 November 23 7:16 pm

as rwy says: beat ’em (like a drum) in the Red States.

Fiorini will be fine for this State…again, ANYTHING is better than Boxer.

93. 2009 November 23 7:18 pm
    rightwingyahoo permalink

She might be pretty damn bad, JR….. well, we will see.

94. 2009 November 23 7:21 pm

Yahoo –

Whitman endorsed Boxer six years ago and contributed to her campaign.

I think some at BJG are confusing Fiorina and Whitman.

95. 2009 November 23 7:24 pm

geez, RWY, Boxer is the freaking Anti-Christ! (or worse)

I’ll settle for wresting the Majority from the Dems…then we get to set the Legislative Agenda! A huge deal.

btw, for Carly to even say: “I oppose the use of federal funding for abortion” in this State is huge. Hell, Boxer would make abortions MANDATORY if she could!

🙂

96. 2009 November 23 7:28 pm

I would not vote Carly myself, but then I don’t have to worry. I sit in a State where she would be a nonstarter. But if this is the best that CA can do for now well she would be better than Boxer. 6 yrs later ratchet to the right again with someone else??

97. 2009 November 23 7:35 pm
    brucefdb permalink

Yeh, if we get something in the blue, fine, get our guys in line first. More important to kill off the Dorgans of the World, and primary guys like McCain, Crist and their ilk than worry about blue states.

98. 2009 November 23 7:35 pm
    Wylie E. Coyote permalink

Hey, just another causual reminder that, uh, um….

CRAPPYCARE WILL GET MILLIONS OF US KILLED EARLY!!!!!!

“BENDING THE PRODUCTIVITY CURVE: WHY AMERICA LEADS THE WORLD IN MEDICAL INNOVATION
    The health care issues commonly considered most important today — controlling costs and covering the uninsured — arguably should be regarded as secondary to innovation, say Glen Whitman, an associate professor of economics at California State University, Northridge; and Raymond Raad, a resident in psychiatry at New York Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center.

To test their theory, Whitman and Raad examined four categories of innovation — basic science, diagnostics, therapeutics, and business models. They found:

In the first three of the four general categories examined, the United States has contributed more than any other country, and in some cases, more than all other countries combined.
    In the last category, business models, the researchers lack the data to say whether the United States has been more or less innovative than other nations; innovation in this area appears weak across all nations.
    In general, Americans tend to receive more new treatments and pay more for them — a fact that is usually regarded as a fault of the American system. That interpretation, if not entirely wrong, is at least incomplete, say Whitman and Raad:

Rapid adoption and extensive use of new treatments and technologies create an incentive to develop those techniques in the first place.
    When the United States subsidizes medical innovation, the whole world benefits; that is a virtue of the American system that is not reflected in comparative life expectancy and mortality statistics.
    Inasmuch as a medical treatment must first be invented before its costs can be reduced and its use extended to everyone, medical innovation remains critical.
    Policymakers should consider the impact of reform proposals on innovation. For example, proposals that increase spending on diagnostics and therapeutics could encourage such innovation. Expanding price controls, government health care programs, and health insurance regulation, on the other hand, could hinder America’s ability to innovate, say Whitman and Raad.

Source: Glen Whitman and Raymond Raad, “Bending the Productivity Curve: Why America Leads the World in Medical Innovation,” Cato Institute, November 18, 2009.”

For text:

BTW CrapyCare will also cost you much more and will cause you to cede your freedom to leftist politician and unelected technocrats!

But what the heck, as long as we are equally broke, miserable, and dead then we will be “enlighted” just like “the rest of the industrialized world” – ya, this is “compassionate” and “equal” (well except for the politically connected and uber rich who run the animal farm!) eh?

99. 2009 November 23 7:36 pm

Babs Boxer hasn’t had to actually campain in 12 years. The last two elections were walk-overs.

And the phoney Global Warming data coming forward isn’t gonna help Babs “signature issue”.

Boxer is like a gangrene infected foot…you’re better off with a stump!

100. 2009 November 23 7:39 pm

yeah, yeah, yeah…..

101. 2009 November 23 7:39 pm

Wylie E. Coyote, yup…AND our children and grandchildren (etc) will indeed get to pay the tab for this abomination!

HellCare will simulaneously bankrupt future generations, while killing off the current ones! Quite a feat!

I meant to ask Brandon if the young folks realize just how scroood they are! We older folks sure as hell know!

102. 2009 November 23 7:41 pm

O/T, but it looks like Charlie Crist is melting down. Are the odds in Rubio’s favor now ya think?

103. 2009 November 23 7:44 pm
    rightwingyahoo permalink

Rubio is for amnesty. He is better than Crist, but is not to be trusted on amnesty.

I know, he says he is not. He blocked enforcement language from a house bill recently, invoking lieutenants who used boilerplate about racism and loud people to describe supporters of immigration enforcement.

Look for him to be another Mel Martinez, only more ambitious.

104. 2009 November 23 7:46 pm

105. 2009 November 23 7:46 pm
    rightwingyahoo permalink

Well, Crist is a liar, and we don’t know if Rubio is one yet or not.

So, I don’t know what to do.

106. 2009 November 23 7:49 pm

Vote Crist, if only to send a message to our ‘betters’ that we won’t take their shit any longer.

107. 2009 November 23 7:50 pm

Ooops I mean Rubio. Need beer.

108. 2009 November 23 7:50 pm

6 yrs later ratchet to the right again with someone else?? Cats-and-Dogs smiley face

Six years later and the official language of nuevo atzlan will be gutteral spanish.

109. 2009 November 23 7:51 pm
    rightwingyahoo permalink

yeah I think these elections are a joke and we are being played again…….

110. 2009 November 23 7:53 pm
    Wylie E. Coyote permalink

#101 Yeah, I wonder if them “ObamaYouts” will be so fanatical as to accept permeant 15% unemployment and ZIPPO economic opportunity!

The “Youts” are the biggest supporters of Commare el Obama yet are getting the hardest and deepest shaft along with the SRs!

Here is another huge enconmic hit that Sleazy Hairy Balls Reid in his genius is pimpin’ now:

“HIGHER MEDICARE TAX LATEST PROPOSAL TO FUND HEALTH CARE TAKEOVER
    The latest proposal to pay for a government takeover of the health care system is to increase the Medicare tax for those that earn more than $250,000 a year. At this point, the deeper economic damage imposed by this tax hike is difficult to analyze because the proposal lacks specifics. But there is little doubt the tax hike would legally fall on those earning more than $250,000 a year so it remains in accordance with President Obama’s campaign pledge, says the Heritage Foundation.

Nevertheless, those earning much less than $250,000 a year will feel the negative impact of the tax, explains Heritage:

Higher taxes on high earners will cause them to take fewer risks and cut back on investment.
    This will lower wages and reduce the number of jobs created.
    And much of the tax increase is likely to fall on small businesses, which will cause them to create fewer jobs and pay lower wages.
    Workers earning much less than $250,000 a year will bear the full brunt of these jobs lost and lower wages.
    This latest proposed tax hike shows Congress is desperate to find more revenue to pay for its excessively expensive health care plan, says Heritage:

The current Medicare tax is 2.9 percent; workers and employers pay 1.45 percent each.
    It is unclear at this point whether both workers and employers would pay a higher rate, or just workers.
    Unlike the Social Security tax, the Medicare tax is not capped, so every dollar of wages earned by workers is subject to the tax.
    Slowing economic growth with higher taxes during this severe recession will only serve to prolong the suffering of those already hurt by the downturn, says Heritage.

Source: Curtis Dubay, “Higher Medicare Tax Latest Proposal to Fund Health Care Takeover,” Heritage Foundation, November 18, 2009.”

For text:

Just a minor annoyance, but why do so many supposed “Conservative” writers/media/politicians buy into this fiction propagated by the Left that corporations or employers actually pay taxes?

I mean how much of a simpleton can you be – the ONLY people who pay taxes are INDIVIDUAL PEOPLE!

Corporations simply pass their taxes off to customers in the form of higher prices, to workers in the form of less pay, and to shareholders in terms of less return.

Ditto “payroll taxes” – this simply means workers will get less wages/benefits. You get paid what you get paid – salary, benefits, and taxes are all part of your pay. Ditto supposed “free” employer Health Insurance – you are just getting paid less in cash then what you otherwise would be (except that it would no be equal dollar for dollar as your employer has the HC insurance tax break that individuals dont get).

This is a pretty simple concept except supposedly literate conservative people concede it time and again to the left…..

111. 2009 November 23 7:58 pm

IP,

Hey I sit in a State that is there already. But what are you going to do?

WEC,

The Kids will be happy to see 15% unemployment, since most of their age group (18-25) are already facing 30-50% now depending on where they live. They will really be despondent when they see what little meager earnings they have, are sucked away by HC deductions.

112. 2009 November 23 7:58 pm

There aren’t enough over 250k people around to even make a dent in supporting this goat rope.

They are still trying to extract 9 lbs of shit from a 7 lb sack.

113. 2009 November 23 8:02 pm

They will really be despondent when they see what little meager earnings they have, are sucked away by HC deductions MUTLEY

Most likely they will be in a low enough bracket to qualify for subsidized HC “tax credit” to pay their premiums.

114. 2009 November 23 8:12 pm

América meridional Gringo?

115. 2009 November 23 8:12 pm
    Wylie E. Coyote permalink

#111 Yeah, its true that most of the “Youts” especially teen see those 40-50% unemployement rates right now for their age group….

I am speaking of a permeant overally 15% unemployement rate ala Western European “socialist democracies”….

Of course, this is predicated on the assumption that these “Youts” will someday grow up and wanna to work like a real adult….

Could be totally wrong about that since the left is perpetually pushing permenant childhood as part of the government education system and the nanny state…..

God knows i have ran into enough of these immature “KOS Kiddies” every time I post anywhere about HC other then on here…..

The attitude is always the same: We on the left are enlighten/smarter and know best (kind of funny coming from a 20ish without a job lol), using force to make people behave in a manner we see fit is A-OK, you are too stupid to take care of your own life and elites need to run your life, and government is to be trusted absoulutely (inspite of their historically pitful record) with everything in our lives except what they are supposed to do ie defend our freedom and rights against foreign and domestic enemies!

116. 2009 November 23 8:12 pm
    rightwingyahoo permalink

Well, I guess I’ll have the place all to myself….

117. 2009 November 23 8:19 pm

From a AGW apologist MSM animal —

By George Monbiot, published in the Guardian, 23rd November 2009

It’s no use pretending that this isn’t a major blow. The emails extracted by a hacker from the climatic research unit at the University of East Anglia could scarcely be more damaging(1). I am now convinced that they are genuine, and I’m dismayed and deeply shaken by them.

Yes, the messages were obtained illegally. Yes, all of us say things in emails that would be excruciating if made public. Yes, some of the comments have been taken out of context. But there are some messages that require no spin to make them look bad. There appears to be evidence here of attempts to prevent scientific data from being released(2,3), and even to destroy material that was subject to a freedom of information request(4).

Worse still, some of the emails suggest efforts to prevent the publication of work by climate sceptics(5,6), or to keep it out of a report by the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change(7). I believe that the head of the unit, Phil Jones, should now resign. Some of the data discussed in the emails should be re-analysed.

Infohe has Boxer on the ropes. Bet he gets his investigation only because it could save the US billions in costs to not have to support all the AGW trash associated with the movement.

118. 2009 November 23 8:23 pm

OT-

Why the hell does BOR insist on calling Brooks a conservative???

E-SMACK !!!!

119. 2009 November 23 9:54 pm

“Carly says she is “personally pro-life””

And she is herself privately, but as far as publicly policy she’s not she’d go for PBA and stuff but she’d never vote for a ban.

120. 2009 November 23 9:58 pm

“As I said, I am not promoting Carly, but I see her as an acceptable RINO as opposed to Whitman, who is an unacceptable RINO.”

I agree.

121. 2009 November 23 10:00 pm

“Crist is poll driven. Is it possible Crist would oppose amnesty to save his own skin while Rubio would be philosophically wedded to it?”

An interest question I had not pondered much.

122. 2009 November 23 10:05 pm

Wait were not people against the stimulus including in FL – still supported it no?

123. 2009 November 24 5:16 am

Funny thing about money. Everyone has their price.

Trackbacks & Pingbacks