Clinton Speaks before 1/3 full Gym in Detroit

2010 October 25

While the crowd hoisted signs that stated “Virg Surge,” the turnout at the rally was anemic. More than 500 people came to the rally, but the gym at Renaissance High School was only about one-third full, even though Clinton used to command full houses wherever he went, especially in Detroit.

There’s no better barometer of how discouraged/unmotivated than when former President Bill Clinton can only draw 500 in the heart of Detroit. Renaissance High School is located in the heart of Detroit. Clinton was in town to promote Democrats running for governor and congressional races.

Hat tip: Detroit Free Press

Michigan Democratic gubernatorial candidate Virg Bernero, left, shakes hands with former President Bill Clinton today at Detroit Renaissance High School.   (MANDI WRIGHT/Detroit Free Press)

When “Slick Willie” can’t draw more than 500 in the heart of Detroit, you know the Dems are hurting.

1. 2010 October 25 8:09 am
    MI Conservative permalink

Did you have a front row seat bc? Here on the west side of the state I didn’t even know he was coming.

Gonna be busy tying everything down tonight when I get home. Forecast for 60 mph winds off L. Michigan for a few days.

The gales of November a little early this year.

2. 2010 October 25 8:14 am
    JBoz permalink

His biggest disappointment was that there 66% fewer chubby 20 year olds to “not have sexual relations with” than he was expecting.

3. 2010 October 25 8:21 am
    MI Conservative permalink

I see there really is a Tsunami warning out. HA

4. 2010 October 25 8:22 am
    MI Conservative permalink

In Indonesia. Isn’t that where Obama’s going after the election. back to his roots.

5. 2010 October 25 8:25 am

MI Conservative –

No, I had something important to do yesterday afternoon. Can’t remember what it was, but I know it was important. The last politician I saw live was the ‘Cuda. I paid to see her and the crowd was a heclk of a lot bigger than 500.

Renaissance High School is in the building that was Detroit Catholic Central when I was in high school. But, like typical white people, Catholic Central moved to Redford and then Novi when the neighborhood started getting rough.

6. 2010 October 25 8:37 am
    MI Conservative permalink

Palin was the last rally I went to. I think it was in Southfield or near there.

7. 2010 October 25 8:40 am

“http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/125645-democratic-congressman-says-he-voted-for-mccain-in-2008-”

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

8. 2010 October 25 8:41 am

9. 2010 October 25 9:23 am

In consideration of Eph’s excellent link.

Jesus replied, “I tell you the truth, Peter–this very night, before the rooster crows, you will deny three times that you even know me.” — Matthew 26:34

Is this the closing platform the Democrats seem to be running with? Deny they voted for the Democratic platform of the last 4 years? How pathetic. Somehow I don’t think the voters are going to be as forgiving as Christ was to Peter.

10. 2010 October 25 9:33 am
    Colorado KnightOwl permalink

MI Con, did you see in Drudge that the Obama entourage had booked all 570 rooms at the 5 star Taj Mahal Hotel for his visit????
    What deficit?
    What debt?

11. 2010 October 25 9:47 am

colo whipporwill~~It’s called “reparations” honkey , and don’t ever forget it.

12. 2010 October 25 9:52 am

13. 2010 October 25 9:56 am
    Wylie E. Coyote permalink

The “Virg Surge” eh?

Try the “Turd Purge”…..LOL

Thats what we are doing on 2 NOV – flushing all the Statist Turds like Virg and Bubba down the S&*tter!

14. 2010 October 25 10:01 am
    MI Conservative permalink

Colorado Knight Owl–

HA-That’s been revised to 800 and some because they also booked two other hotels in the area.

Why not just close India down for a couple of days.

15. 2010 October 25 10:02 am
    MI Conservative permalink

In India I hope his caravan hits a cow in the road and they try to have a BBQ.

16. 2010 October 25 10:07 am
    Colorado KnightOwl permalink

Soooooo out of touch, I am tired of the blood constantly shooting out of my eyes, every time I read something new Obama says or does…..

I think they have closed India down, I hope his teleprompter shorts out with the different AC voltages India has….

17. 2010 October 25 10:08 am

Not unexpected that there is not a single cut mentioned on what the govt spends. Par for the course.

18. 2010 October 25 10:08 am

post 12

these and other breaks cost the government etc.

What a load of steaming bravo sierra, the “govt.” never had this property to begin with, so it can’t cost them squat. Newthink doublespeak. GDLC

19. 2010 October 25 10:11 am

Come Jan 2011, we will “cut” off their nuts, and hand them to them in a petri dish.

20. 2010 October 25 10:12 am
    Wylie E. Coyote permalink

“As I mentioned in “Appealing to Arrogance”, “The Inherent Disappointment of Authoritarianism”, “Liberalism, Its Origins and Consequences”, “Seeing People As Stupid” and “Those Other People”, it is one of the absurdities of liberalism that we have 30 or 40 percent of the population convinced they are a small elite leading the ignorant masses.

Sadly, for those who believe this, the same belief is shared by the upper echelons of the liberal movement, a true small elite, with the power to enforce their will. And that small elite sees all those liberal “enlightened” souls as being just as ignorant as the rest of the masses, and are happy to tell them what to do. And so, though the liberals imagine themselves part of the politburo, in reality they are that flunky I described, handing limitless power to a small cadre of leaders who are very likely to turn upon them and see them as no better than the “masses” they imagine themselves so far above.”

Sound like any Useful Idiot supporters of authoriran/Statism you know???

21. 2010 October 25 10:12 am

if their intent is to destroy the housing market: Mission Accomplished (if they were to remove the mortgage interest deduction)

22. 2010 October 25 10:15 am

A GOP house would never enact such counter productive land grab.

23. 2010 October 25 10:15 am
    Wylie E. Coyote permalink

#18 Government can only confiscate by force, destroy things, and supress free interaction of the citizens…..

Its a negative force – thats why it should only be applied to situations where force is need to protect our phyiscal security and preserve our rights from violation (by common criminals or by external enemies)….

The Statist, of course, has this relationship total backwards….

24. 2010 October 25 10:16 am

#21 That is what I was just thinking, because with all the expenses we incur as homeowners, it really wouldn’t be worth it at that point. I would rather rent and let someone else deal with all of it. Some days I think about doing that anyway……

25. 2010 October 25 10:17 am
    Wylie E. Coyote permalink

#22 In the view of the Statist, you and everything you own or produce is property of the Government – the government elites get to decide how much they think you “deserve” based on their personal (and arbitrary) definition of “fair”……

Isnt authoritarianism grand?

26. 2010 October 25 10:41 am
    brucefdb permalink

Here comes CHRISTINE!!!??? Tea Party Express says so.

27. 2010 October 25 10:46 am
    MI Conservative permalink

brucefdb-that would be great. But, like others, I’d like to know what poll they are talking about.

28. 2010 October 25 10:55 am

26. ? ON SUICIDE WATCH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

29. 2010 October 25 11:03 am
    beej permalink

#28

26. ? ON SUICIDE WATCH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~
    Her psychiatrist must be ready to retire wealthy. This hasn’t been a good year for her.

30. 2010 October 25 11:13 am

beej,

That “her” is a “him” and is of a fruity nature!

31. 2010 October 25 11:19 am
    beej permalink

No way! really? I thought she was a she but a mean, hateful, and unusually testosterone laden one. Or he was a she…

32. 2010 October 25 11:21 am

26 – All due respect to the TPE poll, I’ll believe it when I see it, have they offered up the details yet on said poll?

33. 2010 October 25 11:54 am

Eph permalink

beej,

That “her” is a “him” and is of a fruity nature!

Are you sure ???? is a he???

34. 2010 October 25 12:00 pm
    MI Conservative permalink

ip-that is disgusting! Made me spit the apple out of my mouth.

GO TO YOUR ROOM!!

35. 2010 October 25 12:00 pm
    TLS permalink

36. 2010 October 25 12:00 pm
    MI Conservative permalink

And come out only to vote.

37. 2010 October 25 12:09 pm

I don’t think it’s that one cause that would make their press release way late, and inaccurate as they state 6pt not 8pt. TCJ is suspect anyway.

38. 2010 October 25 12:12 pm
    TLS permalink

#37 Last time they made this claim it was an internal poll and I can’t quite remember the name of the polling company. Nelson or some such. I could find it if I can remember which race it was. But you’re right, this one doesn’t quite match up.

39. 2010 October 25 12:13 pm

Clean up aisle 33 please!!!!

40. 2010 October 25 12:23 pm
    MI Conservative permalink

Clean up aisle 33 and DISINFECTANT! Is there anti-biotics to take for that?

41. 2010 October 25 12:27 pm
    brucefdb permalink

I have no further details on that poll that shows COD closing the gap to 6. Pete DuPont did come out in support of COD and he carries some weight in that state, also the Tea Party Express gets into town either the 30th or 31st and the word is that Sarah herself will be onboard.

I don’t expect COD to make this close but I am still hoping for the best.

42. 2010 October 25 12:44 pm
    TLS permalink

I found what I was looking for. The internal poll that Tea Party Express did was for Joe Miller through RT Nielsen. The reason I was looking for it was because I remembered that the number polled was very small:

A publicly released RT Nielson poll conducted a week before the primary among 300 likely voters on behalf of the Tea Party Express showed Murkowski’s 37 point edge a month before the primary (in a Dittman Research poll) dropping to only 12 points (47-35). link

So perhaps this is why the seem hesitant to release the poll.

43. 2010 October 25 1:07 pm

Bruce,

Even the RINOs think that the DuPont endorsement was a huge deal.

This race could turn out to be very close.