Why the Chilean President did NOT thank Obama

2010 October 14
by justrand

There are multiple reasons why the Chilean President pointedly did NOT thank President Obama when the miners were rescued (he thanked the Prime Minsters of Great Britain and Israel instead).  But one reason certainly has to be that the Chilean miners were rescued by innovations created by people trying to make [gasp!] MONEY…and Obama HATES those people.  The article below from the Wall Street Journal is excellent in illustrating this point!  Enjoy!

Hattip WSJ and Instapundit:
Capitalism IS the answer!

“…the miracle bit that drilled down to the trapped miners. Center Rock Inc. is a private company in Berlin, Pa. It has 74 employees. The drill’s rig came from Schramm Inc. in West Chester, Pa. Seeing the disaster, Center Rock’s president, Brandon Fisher, called the Chileans to offer his drill. Chile accepted. The miners are alive.

Longer answer: The Center Rock drill, heretofore not featured on websites like Engadget or Gizmodo, is in fact a piece of tough technology developed by a small company in it for the money, for profit. That’s why they innovated down-the-hole hammer drilling. If they make money, they can do more innovation.”

1. 2010 October 14 6:54 am
    TLS permalink

What’s needed now is a new American economic model that lets our innovators rescue the rest of us.

Amen.

2. 2010 October 14 6:55 am

But, according to the FLOTUS Michelle, everyone is praying for Obama.

I am too. I’m praying he gets impeached and deported.

3. 2010 October 14 7:12 am
    TLS permalink

mullet, Did you drudge put the link to Michelle’s comment right across from ODonnells “I’m not a witch, I’m you” link?

Michelle: “It means all the world to us to know that there are prayer circles out there and people who are keeping the spirits clean around us,” First Lady Michelle Obama said on the “Tom Joyner Morning Show” today.

4. 2010 October 14 9:44 am
    mpthompson permalink

…people who are keeping the spirits clean around us,

Is that a vodoo concept?

5. 2010 October 14 9:46 am
    mpthompson permalink

I haven’t really been following the mine disaster very closely, but I’m really happy to hear this news (in addition to the men escaping alive). I hope that Center Rock gets a lot of attention for their technology and can expand their business.

6. 2010 October 14 9:48 am
    judyt2009 permalink

I pray every day that the Lord save us from Obama …. do you think Michelle includes my prayers in those she is talking about?

Funny, I use to pray for the Lord to lift and strengthen President Bush and Laura Bush, give him comfort and guidance through his difficult days. Now I pray that God stop Obama. funny how things can change. I still include Bush and Cheney in my prayers.