Woodward: Hillary in Place as VP for 2012

2010 October 6

According to Bob Woodward, everything is in place for Hillary Clinton and Joe Biden to switch roles with Hillary being on the ticket with Obama in 2012 and Joe Biden becoming Secretary of State.

Is this a smart move because:

• It takes Hillary out of contention from challenging Obama for the nomination
  • It strengthens the Democratic ticket
  • It positions Hillary to run in 2016
  • Hillary is not as embarrassing or stupid as “Slo Joe”

Is it a dumb move because:

• Obama will need to hire a food taster
  • Obama may end up like Bill Foster
  • “Slo Joe” will be an even greater embarrassment than Hillary internationally
  • Hillary will be 69 in 2016. Reagan was the only person that old to be elected President and he didn’t have cankles or look like sh!t in pantsuits
  • It will give Bill Clinton a second life (hitting on White House interns)

(CNN) – Some called a Barack Obama-Hillary Clinton pairing the “Dream Ticket” in 2008. It didn’t happen.

But what about 2012?

“It’s on the table,” veteran Washington Post reporter Bob Woodward told CNN’s John King in an interview for John King, USA to air Tuesday at 7 p.m. ET. “Some of Hillary Clinton’s advisers see it as a real possibility in 2012.”

The scenario – whereby Vice President Joe Biden and Secretary of State Hillary Clinton would switch positions – has been bandied about by political observers for months, seen by some as a potentially savvy strategy to gin up excitement among what appears to be a depressed Democratic base.

But it’s never been clear if the idea has been actually discussed in the White House, until now.

“President Obama needs some of the women, Latinos, retirees that she did so well with during the [2008] primaries and, so they switch jobs, not out of the question, and the other interesting question is, Hillary Clinton could run in her own right in 2016 and be younger than Ronald Reagan when he was elected president.”

Read more:

Hat tip: CNN

hillary-rodham-clinton-funny-faces1.jpg Crazy image by sevenheadedunicorn

1. 2010 October 6 5:46 am

What a crappy pic to start the day with.

2. 2010 October 6 6:00 am

A bucket of warm spit.

The vice-presidency, not the crappy picture.

3. 2010 October 6 6:05 am

I don’t think she takes the #2 spot. She has more influence, greater power, and more opportunity as SofS.

She’s older than dirt in 2016, and it’s a legacy thing at this point.

If Obama has 2 more years to muck up, she may well run in 2012.

4. 2010 October 6 6:13 am

Will we ever be rid of the stench of these people??

5. 2010 October 6 6:15 am

Hillary in the morning~~~how a woody becomes a chubby in 3 seconds flat.

6. 2010 October 6 6:20 am
    brucefdb permalink

Yeah, why not? Let’s make the nightmare complete. President Ubiquitous with his daily marxist lectures and the braying hag rallying feminazies. What fun.

7. 2010 October 6 6:25 am

The stable of democrat pretenders is thin, and worse, they are all stuck like the remora fish to Obama’s butt. As he goes down, they go with him.

Except Hillary. She intentionally insulates herself from the disaster.

As for the HornDog, the glitterati love him.

8. 2010 October 6 6:25 am
    brucefdb permalink

Let’s face it the only thing that will stop these people is Armegeddon.

9. 2010 October 6 6:34 am
    brucefdb permalink

We need a lot more of this.

It’s about time someone besides Sarah and talk radio are doing this.

10. 2010 October 6 6:47 am

Bruce –

Brent Bozell has been battling media bias for a long time. It’s time for the rest of the GOP and conservatives to take the offensive against the media. Let’s escalate the battle into an all-out war. What do we have to lose?

I am not sure anyone in the GOP other than Palin, DeMint, Bachmann, Pence and some of the Mama Grizzlies have the courage to stand up to the media.

11. 2010 October 6 6:50 am
    MI Conservative permalink

Joke of the Day—-

A Republican entered a restaurant in a wheelchair one afternoon and asked the waitress for a cup of coffee. He looked across the restaurant and asked, “Is that Jesus sitting over there?”
    man crutches

Another patron, a Democrat, came into the restaurant on crutches…

The waitress nodded “yes,” so the Republican requested that she give Jesus a cup of coffee, on him.

The next patron to come in was a Libertarian with a hunched back. He shuffled over to a booth, painfully sat down and asked the waitress for a cup of hot tea. He also glanced across the restaurant and asked, “Is that Jesus over there?”

The waitress nodded, so the Libertarian asked her to take Jesus a cup of hot tea. “My treat,” he said.

Another patron, a Democrat, came into the restaurant on crutches. He hobbled over to a booth, sat down and asked for a cold beer. He, too, looked across the restaurant and asked, “Isn’t that God’s boy over there?”

The waitress nodded, so the Democrat directed her to give Jesus a cold beer. “On my bill,” he said.

As Jesus got up to leave, he passed by the Republican, touched him and said, “For your kindness, you are healed.” The Republican felt the strength surge back into his legs, got up, and danced a jig out the door.

Jesus passed by the Libertarian, touched him and said, “For your kindness, you are healed.” The Libertarian felt his back straightening up and he raised his hands, praised the Lord, and did a series of back flips out the door.

Then Jesus walked towards the Democrat, just smiling.

The horrified Democrat jumped to his feet and screamed, “Don’t touch me! I’m on disability.

12. 2010 October 6 6:58 am
    brucefdb permalink

MiC…… 🙂

13. 2010 October 6 7:01 am

“It strengthens the Democratic ticket”

NEW THREAD PLEASE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. 2010 October 6 7:03 am

Go find your own damn thread

15. 2010 October 6 7:03 am
    MI Conservative permalink

16. 2010 October 6 7:05 am
    MI Conservative permalink

17. 2010 October 6 7:08 am

14 I need another alias for that

18. 2010 October 6 7:21 am

There once was a blogger called EPH,
    At having many nom de plumes he was deft,
    The lefties he would skewer,
    And drive them from their sewer,
    And laugh as they exited stage left.

19. 2010 October 6 7:37 am

18. LOL!

20. 2010 October 6 7:37 am

IP

In order to drive them from their sewer one must get into the sewer with them!

21. 2010 October 6 7:40 am

This thread will do fine as one that can be easily morphed into this topic:

“What degree of VICTIMHOOD must Obama achieve and/or associate with in order to be re-elected?”

Fact: his “Race Card” is pretty well maxed out
    Fact: railing against being a victim of “THE MAN!” is awkward when you ARE “the man”
    Fact: Obama can no longer get ANYONE to believe “Joe Biden is one of the smartest people in America”

So Obama has to dump Biden…but who does he choose that will give him extra vicitim creds??

I believe he will offer it to Hillary…and she will refuse and indeed run against him. And this time I don’t think she’ll worry about “holding back” due to his race.

my $.02 worth

22. 2010 October 6 7:43 am

A plausible scenario.

23. 2010 October 6 7:53 am

But once the primary is over, will the chocolate cities come home to Hillary?

24. 2010 October 6 8:00 am
    Havok permalink

Ok READ THIS.
    Here is a taste…

Teach Your Children Well

by Joseph Sobran

Because I write about politics, people are forever asking me the best way to teach children how our system of government works. I tell them that they can give their own children a basic civics course right in their own homes.

In my own experience as a father, I have discovered several simple devices that can illustrate to a child’s mind the principles on which the modern state deals with its citizens. You may find them helpful, too.

For example, I used to play the simple card game WAR with my son. After a while, when he thoroughly understood that the higher ranking cards beat the lower ranking ones, I created a new game I called GOVERNMENT. In this game, I was Government, and I won every trick, regardless of who had the better card. My boy soon lost interest in my new game, but I like to think it taught him a valuable lesson for later in life.

It only gets better…

25. 2010 October 6 8:07 am
    JBoz permalink

JR – I picked up The Last Centurion yesterday and started reading it. Riveting to say the least. I was deep into it last night at a point in the book where society was completely unravelling, and right then we had a power outage in our neighborhood (no storm or anything, just unexplained blackout and it lasted 3 hours). Every home was dark except you could see a few candles and flashlights through the windows when you looked outside. Surreal man!

26. 2010 October 6 8:14 am

JR, 21. I think you have it nailed. Nor do I think race will be the issue in 2012, but competence. It will be the issue in the primary and it will be the issue in the general·

She will run for the top spot. She only took number 4 position to keep her hand in the ring and keep her ears to the ground on what Obama was doing. If she does not run in 2012 she is out.

27. 2010 October 6 8:16 am

In order to drive them from their sewer one must get into the sewer with them! — Eph

Not if you are using a garbage truck to do the collection! 🙂

28. 2010 October 6 8:31 am

enjoy, JBoz!! 🙂

O/T, but Havok’s teaching comment above made me think of the message being sent here:

hattip HotAir for the link. Go there and look at the Enviro-Left’s latest outrage. Folks, it’s really gonna be them or us soon. I choose US.

29. 2010 October 6 8:36 am
    MI Conservative permalink

30. 2010 October 6 9:01 am
    TLS permalink

Four leading House Republicans, citing national security concerns, are urging Treasury Secretary Timothy F. Geithner to block the sale of a Wyoming-based uranium mine to an arm of the Russian government’s main nuclear agency.

31. 2010 October 6 9:10 am

Hard to believe that in 50 years of nuclear armaments that uranium mines are not considered a national security asset and covered under Dept of Commerce import/export rules. But what the hell do I know…

32. 2010 October 6 9:16 am
    TLS permalink

DrD, I guess it doesn’t really matter since we are all going to join hands, sing kum bay ya, and dismantle our nukes. The Russians want the mine purely for medical applications I’m sure………

33. 2010 October 6 9:29 am

Test- tell me if you can see this video, because I cannot get it to load on the new page I am building.

34. 2010 October 6 9:31 am

we see him

35. 2010 October 6 9:42 am

tis there!

36. 2010 October 6 9:54 am

WH denies hillary as VP.

37. 2010 October 6 10:02 am
    mpthompson permalink

But once the primary is over, will the chocolate cities come home to Hillary?

That is the million dollar question. Blacks are so wedded to Obama I have a feeling anyone who gets in his way in 2012 will be cursed and demonized. Not a problems for the Reps as they won’t vote GOP anyway, but it would be deadly for the Dems.

38. 2010 October 6 10:30 am

33 – Not a good ad imho.

“According to Bob Woodward” – stopped reading there.

39. 2010 October 6 10:42 am
    MI Conservative permalink

Just a little too BORING for me today!!!!

ROMNEY IN 2012!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

40. 2010 October 6 10:49 am

The Best Story of the Year:

The pastor asked if anyone in the congregation > would like to express praise for answered prayers.
    Suzie Smith stood and walked to the podium. She said, “I have a praise. Two months ago, my husband, Tom, had a terrible bicycle wreck and his scrotum was
    completely crushed . The pain was excruciating and the doctors didn’t > know if they could help him.”

You could hear a muffled gasp from the men in the congregation as they > imagine the pain that poor Tom must have experienced.
    “Tom was unable to hold me or the children,” she went on, “and every > move caused him terrible pain. We prayed as the doctors performed a
    delicate operation, and it turned out they were able to piece together the crushed remnants of Tom’s scrotum, and wrap wire around it to hold
    it in place.”
    Again, the men in the congregation cringed and squirmed uncomfortably as they imagined the horrible surgery performed on Tom.

“Now,” she announced in a quivering voice, “thank the Lord, Tom is out of the hospital and the doctors say that with time, his > scrotum should recover completely.

All the men > sighed with unified relief. The pastor rose and tentatively asked if anyone else had something to say.
    A man stood up and walked slowly to the podium. He said, “I’m Tom Smith.

” The entire congregation held its breath. “I just want to tell > my wife the word is sternum

41. 2010 October 6 11:25 am

““According to Bob Woodward” – stopped reading there.”

KH,

BINGO!!!

You have to understand that BC is our local “eeyore”

42. 2010 October 6 11:25 am

39. HEH!

43. 2010 October 6 11:51 am
    Big Mo permalink

Na, if Obama dumps Biden, he’ll recruit The Oprah to run with him.

44. 2010 October 6 11:55 am
    MI Conservative permalink

#42 from the upper peninsula–it’s EH not HEH!

#40 My wife hates it when you tell that joke and remind her how BLONDE she is. Will you ever let her forget???

45. 2010 October 6 11:56 am
    MI Conservative permalink

By the way–my sterno is fine now.

46. 2010 October 6 12:01 pm

my sterno is fine now.

Been sniffing a little too much of the stuff? tsk, tsk. 🙂