The Price of Freedom

2011 April 30
by justrand

The sick twisted freaks at ‘Think Progress’ and the sick twisted freaks from the Westboro “Baptist Church” have two key things in common…(1) both groups follow a false god and (2) both groups relish and seek to profit from the pain of others.

The false god of The Westboro “Baptist Church” is Fred Phelps (though he professes to speak for the one true God). They turn up at the funeral of our fallen soldiers and seek to add to the sorrow of the mourners to push their twisted “faith”.  I know these freaks are NOT going to Heaven when they die…but I just can’t see Satan welcoming them either.  (Satan’s likely comment on Fred Phelps and company showing up would be: “If this place wasn’t hell before…it sure as hell is now!!”)

The false god of ‘Think Progress’ is George Soros…though they worship several demi-gods like alGore and Michael Moore as well.  Like the Westboro freaks they also routinely seek to use the suffering of others to push one aspect of their twisted ideology or another, and the latest occasion was the violent weather across the Southeast.  This is from their website:

Today, news agencies are still tallying reports of deaths from the most devastating storm system in the United States in decades…dozens of massive tornadoes tore a town-flattening streak across the South, killing at least 250 people in six states…The congressional delegations of these states — Alabama, Tennessee, Mississippi, Georgia, Virginia, and Kentucky — overwhelmingly voted to reject the science that polluting the climate is dangerous. They are deliberately ignoring the warnings from scientists.

Had the people of those 6 States but worshiped before alGore then the 250+ people who died would be alive today.  Right?  Such is the “logic” of the Left.

I went dumpster-diving over at ‘Think Progress’ (i.e., I read through the comments on the “failure to worship Global Warming” post).  I was appalled…but not at all surprised.  The comments easily sum up as: “Those Rednecks sumbitches had it coming for not getting in line with alGore!”  There were variations…and an occasional semi-coherent thought…but overwhelmingly the commenters agreed that ignoring the “warnings from scientists” brought the tornados down upon them. (the FACT that those “scientists” have been thoroughly debunked is not recognized by the freaks at ‘Think Progress’).

They had it coming.  That’s one of Fred Phelps and his freaks’ favorite lines too.  Maybe that’s why Obama has not bothered to even acknowledge the massive fires engulfing Western Texas…despite the requests for aid from Governor Rick Perry.  Texas didn’t vote for Obama so “they had it coming”.

After dumpster-diving at ‘Think Progress’ I was disheartened, but then I went here: http://blog.salvationarmyusa.org/?p=6091.  I read through the comments and felt a resurgence of my spirit.  This comment is typical: “I want to physically go and help in the South. How do I do this, I’m available to leave at a moments notice.”  There are links to donate to the disaster relief in the South at the link above.  If you have $10 to spare that would be a good place to spend it.  It truly is the Price of Freedom.

1. 2011 April 30 6:52 am

speaking of the Westboro freakazoids:

Gotta love it! In the case of Fred Phelps and his sick twisted freaks they really DID have it coming!! 👿

2. 2011 April 30 7:16 am

If you remember when Tony Snow died, many on the left were rejoicing. It’s amazing how hateful the left is yet conservatives are the ones the media always portrays as “haters.”

3. 2011 April 30 7:19 am

Watched the video on the Stf Sgt funeral procession. Looks like the whole county turned out. Does the heart proud.

4. 2011 April 30 7:32 am

Mid-recount, Prosser’s lead has gone from 7,316 to 13,735.

5. 2011 April 30 7:42 am

“Mid-recount, Prosser’s lead has gone from 7,316 to 13,735.”

I’m sure glad that dumb old Sarah Palin didn’t endorse him. He wouldda lost for sure.

6. 2011 April 30 7:42 am

Eph…where did you find that??

7. 2011 April 30 8:33 am

Islam, rules for beating your wife. sigh. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-Tw7WhH_aQ&feature=youtu.be

What scum.

8. 2011 April 30 8:39 am

9. 2011 April 30 8:47 am

This comparison is spot on. Instead of Phelps’ “God hates fags”, they are using “God hates climate change deniers”. Both groups are democrats. Both spew their hatred towards the suffering. Both elevate themselves as better, for having god-like qualities known only to them, for they follow the religion of hatred and mother nature. Both groups are fronts for control and evil. One is just more open about who they represent than the other- but I have a feeling that more info on Phelps will come to light in the coming years. Westboro is no “church”, never has been. It is fake as can be, set up simply to discredit Christians.

10. 2011 April 30 8:55 am

#10 She knows she will win, or she wouldn’t have bothered. She knows how many votes they need to find in the trunks of cars.

11. 2011 April 30 9:17 am
    janzam permalink

Eph, could you post the link to the Prosser recount.

12. 2011 April 30 9:19 am

Jan,

See post 10 please. That’s where I got those numbers

13. 2011 April 30 9:21 am
    MI Conservative permalink

Boy, it sure was nice to see Romney attack Obama for the high gas prices.
    At least he and Palin have balls enough to go after him. Not like the rest of the RINOS!

14. 2011 April 30 9:24 am

it looks like the change in vote totals is actually tiny, ~33 votes. It’s just that in a recount they start the recounting at zero, and the totals reported so far are from Prosser areas. The results when compared to the original numbers are almost perfect in the Prosser areas…we’ll see what happens when Klovenhooves areas are counted.

15. 2011 April 30 9:27 am

Klovenhooves 😀 😀 🙂 🙂 😆

16. 2011 April 30 9:29 am

thx, IP…I wuz pretty proud of that! 🙂

17. 2011 April 30 9:31 am
    janzam permalink

Thanks eph!

Here is another site that Prosser put up to follow the count, on a day by day basis. Apparently they have 13 days to do the recount, and now are on day 4.

18. 2011 April 30 9:37 am

janzam, that is an AWESOME site!! I love the “Cost-O-Meter” 🙂

19. 2011 April 30 9:41 am

#19 And she has offered to pay every penny back from her own bank account! /dream

20. 2011 April 30 9:45 am

Based on this site, it appears the recount costs about a dollar a vote.

21. 2011 April 30 9:50 am

Very well done site I must say.

22. 2011 April 30 9:54 am

Has Rasmussen gone nuts? He has Obama at 49/50 today.

Gallup will be posted in a few minutes. It will be interesting to compare.

23. 2011 April 30 10:07 am

Today’s Gallup shows 45/47. Perhaps citizens of the U.S. enjoy high gas prices and inflation.

24. 2011 April 30 10:50 am
    janzam permalink

Re: Obama’s better poll numbers: Maybe people fell for Obama visiting the Tornado disaster sites and empathetically saying, “It’s the worst I’ve ever seen!” ….hugging people, before he and his family dashed off for Florida!

Go figure!

25. 2011 April 30 10:54 am
    judyt2009 permalink

#1- JR — thanks… now I need to add tissue to my shopping list. That makes me proud of things.

26. 2011 April 30 10:59 am

hattip Instapundit for the link…please pray for these people. Use the sliders…pray for these people and support them if you can.

My reaction to each photo was “Dear God…”

27. 2011 April 30 11:08 am
    judyt2009 permalink

#18 — I hope Waukesa reports last again…but it looks like Milwaukee is dragging in the re count.

Republicans have to get smart about Democrat cheating and start reporting last so that they have to guess on how many votes to manufacturer

28. 2011 April 30 11:11 am
    judyt2009 permalink

The fake birth certificate gave him a bounce…. don’t worry Obama will screw up again and people are not going to like what is coming. I hope the GOP stand strongly behind Ryan.

I heard that FEMA is no where to be found in the South.

29. 2011 April 30 11:17 am
    janzam permalink

Ok, here is a current article about Mitch Daniels which is illustrative of both what he has legislatively accomplished and his overall personal temperament.’ I’m also including a rather long except from this piece published in the Indy Star.

His legislative agenda that he was able to push through and sign:

Whatever his decision, this year’s legislative session did nothing but boost his chances. With both the House and Senate now in Republican control, Daniels won sweeping education reforms that will greatly expand charter schools while paying for other students to attend private schools; a balanced budget that even calls for a future tax refund if there’s ever enough money; a corporate tax cut; and even an anti-abortion bill that defunds Planned Parenthood. That last bill, which Daniels has said he will sign into law, is the legislative answer to those critics who have blasted his call for a “truce” on social issues.

His focus on Indiana’s policies first, rather than getting involved in national issues.

“It occurred to me while I was making my breakfast this morning if I switched from oatmeal to corn flakes someone would say it’s a move to the Iowa caucus,” Daniels said. “It’s just a weird time. People can believe what they want but I hope some people here know us well enough to know this is an agenda for Indiana’s future. That’s all we’ve cared about.”

Like Reagan, how he courts ‘everyone’ in order to pass his agenda.

He choked up more than once during the Statehouse signing ceremony for Senate Bill 1, which creates a new evaluation system for teachers, in which seniority and level of education would count as no more than a third of the score. The other two-thirds, which would have the most impact on whether a teacher gets a merit raise, would have to rely on how well they perform in the classroom, including on how well their students score on tests.

Daniels was emotional as he thanked Rep. Bob Behning, an Indianapolis Republican who has long led the fight for these reforms, and in particular as he thanked Rep. Mary Ann Sullivan, an Indianapolis Democrat who broke ranks with her party to support some of the reforms, including the expansion of charter schools.

Daniels seems to be a doer, rather than a sparkling sayer. He’s not a ‘pretty’ boy either, but has done some pretty amazing reforms in his state, moving it way beyond others in this nation, as to legislating innovative and conservative changes.

As drdog would say…”just sayin..”

30. 2011 April 30 11:19 am
    janzam permalink

oops, excerpt = except

31. 2011 April 30 11:27 am

Nice article over on NRO.

Count me skeptical about the original decision to do whatever it is that some-of-NATO is doing in Libya, and count me even more skeptical about the efficacy, justice or legitimacy of much of what is described as international law, but this recent post by Nick Cohen, one of the more left-wing of the London Spectator’s contributors, is well worth reading. Here are some key extracts:

…We may soon see the shattering of a third and final illusion. Post-war European prosperity was built under the US security umbrella. We complained, often with justice, about American policies but we did not have to pay for our own defence or fight our own wars. If ever there was trouble with the Soviet Union or Milosevic in the Balkans, we could rely on the Yanks. Now America is preparing to bring her legions home. One of the four US brigades in Europe is leaving, and although the Pentagon protests that its commitment to Europe remains strong, the direction the US is heading in remains clear. She cannot afford to maintain vast forces in Europe given her budget deficit, and in any case cannot see why she should given that Asia is now at the centre of American interests and Europe is a rich region that can afford to pay for its own armies.

One day Europe will have to fight her own wars and defend her own borders. Although the liberal spokesmen and women in the Oslo and London TV have scoffed at the cowboy Yanks and neo-con aggressors for years, they may miss them when they are gone.
    yippie ki yi yay

32. 2011 April 30 11:42 am
    judyt2009 permalink

The lists of lives lost is so sad. I appears that some college students were killed. There are towns in the south that no longer exist.

33. 2011 April 30 11:43 am
    MI Conservative permalink

You guys are no fun anymore!

I tried to start something with my Romney post and yall ignored it.

Maybe this will help–Romney in 2012!

34. 2011 April 30 11:51 am

MI – Romney who? Who is this Romney you speak of?

35. 2011 April 30 11:51 am

MI Conservative –

I was just coming to after staying up late watching the Red Wings blow it. Besides I had a good week and hit my goal (p!ssing people off) on Thursday.

36. 2011 April 30 11:53 am

yall?

You must be from the south side of Muskegon.

37. 2011 April 30 11:58 am

MI Conservative –

I just looked at a map. Didn’t realize how far north Muskegon is. I always wondered why you went to Central instead of Western. They are about the same distance from Muskegon.

Bridget is still undecided between Western, Central and Oakland. She better make up her mind.

38. 2011 April 30 12:14 pm

Jan,

Informative post. But I think it misses a key piece of Daniels efforts —

The final components of Gov. Mitch Daniels’ education reform package – a massive new voucher program and charter school expansion – cleared the Indiana House on Wednesday and could be law within days with just the stroke of a pen.

— Legal Insurrection

In most States charter schools have fewer rules, but they are still tied to the core of the same bureaucracy. What becomes a threat to the system can be removed. Witness what happened to the DC charter schools. Its merely a reform (ie patch) over the existing architecture. But vouchers! That is transformative. It puts the decision back in parents hands where it belongs. The question is can the vouchers be removed? If not, then Daniels has won a significant accomplishment.

With many of the country’s problems so deep rooted mere patches do not suffice. Obama is right in one regard, this country does need to be fundamentally transformed — only to a future free of pol sci meddling. Not his socialist dream.

I find it interested that the reporter of the piece you quoted could not bring him or her self to call it a voucher. So imbued are the grunts of the MSM in Dear Leader.

39. 2011 April 30 12:26 pm
    janzam permalink

Good points drdog. Yes, vouchers are transformative (I love that word!).

But, what that reporter did bring up was the new evaluation system for teachers — something that has been sorely lacking because of the power of tenure.

Under this reform bill there is something called “merit” in analyzing a teacher’s performance — how well are the kids learning under this teacher’s tutelage. I am so excited that there seem to be some real educational changes on the horizon.

40. 2011 April 30 12:37 pm

The teachers goonions will not go quietly into that dark night, as they have strived too long at the trough of monopoly education.

41. 2011 April 30 12:54 pm

Saved again by big brother

H/T Patdollard

42. 2011 April 30 1:06 pm

While I believe the vouchers to be a great thing, I am concerned about the charter school expansion. Yes, charters sound great, but when even union sweethearts like Jerry Brown are getting on board with them (which is going on right now), it is cause for concern. Why do I say this? I looked into what is touted to be one of the best charter schools in SoCal. It sounded so great, they give you approximately $1,800 per school year to spend on curriculum or music lessons! What is the catch? You cannot purchase any Christian curriculum whatsoever- and if there is a curriculum that is even perceived to be Christian, you cannot use it either (an example of that one is Teaching Textbooks, because they attend Christian curriculum fairs. It is math, and it never mentions God, but it is forbidden).

I asked next about my son’s guitar lessons. I cannot use his current teacher. Why? He is not on the approved list of teachers. Did I mention that his guitar teacher is a Christian? Yeah….

Finally, you have a teacher that comes to your home once a month to ask your child questions independently of you, about how things are going (the way they made it sound, was that they are looking for a gotcha moment). They test the child. They take sample work. They keep tabs on you, and can do random show-ups if they so choose. So while this is technically homeschool, you are under their control in almost every way that you would be if your child was enrolled in PS. Probably more-so.

Charter schools that kids physically show up to, have the same rules……..with one very special feature! They frequently take in whatever students from your area have been expelled. Super.

43. 2011 April 30 1:18 pm

I wasn’t kidding when I called him fake and pandering. This man will say whatever he has to. Yes, they are all like that, but I’m just sayin.

44. 2011 April 30 1:20 pm

Got to watch those Amish, and those damn Quakers are such radicals.

That article makes we want to go out and buy 5gals of milk pour on the yard and call up the EPA about an oil spill….

45. 2011 April 30 3:05 pm
    RepublicanPundit permalink

Dr. Your #8. Great

IP. Goonuions. Fantastic

Please help the folks in this area. Tornadoes all around us, but we survived unscathed. Praise the Lord.

46. 2011 April 30 3:14 pm

As perverse as it may seem to the lace panty crowd, a double dip recession may be the silver lining to this national nightmare, as it will drive a stake through the heart of this offal orifice vampire.Cry havoc, and loose the dogs of DDR.

47. 2011 April 30 4:21 pm

“… a double dip recession may be the silver lining”

At this point I suspect that is the best case scenario.

48. 2011 April 30 5:32 pm
    mpthompson permalink

DrDog, I agree with you. If all we have is a double-dip recession before things improve, I’ll consider us very, very lucky. At this point the only thing left that the government can do is run the printing presses and that will not end pretty for anyone.