In Their Heads Again

2011 May 31
tags:
by drdog09

Palin is quoted —

“I think that all of our energy subsidies need to be relooked at today and eliminated,” Palin told RCP during a quick stop at a coffee shop in this picturesque town tucked into the south-central Pennsylvania countryside. “And we need to make sure that we’re investing and allowing our businesses to invest in reliable energy products right now that aren’t going to necessitate subsidies because, bottom line, we can’t afford it.”

If she runs for president, Palin plans to make energy issues a centerpiece of her campaign and will tout her record as governor on restructuring the oil tax regime in Alaska and initiating a massive natural gas pipeline project, which currently remains in limbo.

Her emphatic stance against ethanol subsidies may ruffle some feathers in the nation’s first voting state of Iowa, but it will also win her kudos from fiscal conservatives who praised former Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty when, in a speech announcing his candidacy in Des Moines, he called for the phasing out of the federal subsidies that cost taxpayers about $5 billion last year.

Source

Couple of notes. She did not make this announcement in Iowa but PA. You could quibble about the bravery vs Pawlenty doing so in Iowa. But it was the wiser move. Second, there could be a second and third shoe to drop out of this announcement.

“I think that all of our energy subsidies need to be relooked at today and eliminated,” I maybe reading more into that statement that allowed but I see this as a 1-2-3 punch.

One. Eliminate the subsidies. All of them, not just ethanol. Oil, gas, green alternatives included. In doing so the federal disturbance in the markets are eliminated.

Two. Open up the fields. All of them. Eliminate the federal road block of discovery and development. Get more supplies as a consequence.

Three. Scale back or eliminate the federal bureaus that stand in the way. (That DoEng would disappear won’t see me crying.) Least that is what I get out of the “can’t afford it” remark.

Really should not be much a shock coming from her. She is following a game plan similar to what she followed in Alaska. She will of course, if she intends to make energy policy a keystone item, need to convince the country of the necessity of it all. (hint: Let Boone Pickens make a few infomericals.) But considering that energy drives this economy and $5/gal is supposedly around the corner it should not be a hard sell.

When Palin talks — People listen. (with apologies to EF Hutton.)

More here on the Philly stop.
[Update]

Ode to the Press

In their Heads again –
Just can’t wait to get in their heads again.
The life I love is making idiots of the press

And I can’t wait to get in their heads again.
In their heads again.

Goin’ places that they’ve never been.
Seein’ things that they will never see again

And I can’t wait to get in their heads again.
In their heads again –
Like a band of gypsies we go down the highway
We’re the best of friends.
Insisting that the world keep turning our way

And our way is
in their heads again.
Just can’t wait to get in their heads again.
The life I love is makin’ idiots of the press

And I can’t wait to get in their Heads again
In their Heads again

Like a band of gypsies we go down the highway
We’re the best of friends

Insisting that the world keep turning our way

And our way is
In their Heads again
Just can’t wait to get In their Heads again
The life I love is makin’ idiots of the press

And I can’t wait to get In their Heads again
And I can’t wait to get In their Heads again

(Apologies to Willie Nelson.)

1. 2011 May 31 11:39 am

Sarah just came out against ALL “energy subsidies”…including the sacred cow: ETHANOL!!!

About damn time someone had the balls to spell it out!

As Mark Twain remarked: “Sacred cows make the best hamburgers!”

p.s. to janzam…yup, that’s the playbook! “Bush’s fault, and you’re a heartless RACIST if you can’t admit it!”

– From JR on the previous post. Thought it relevant here.

2. 2011 May 31 11:42 am

A observation. By stating that all subsidies should be eliminated, the Left’s ethanol attack would be totally derailed by pointing out that in doing so the subsidies for the `dreaded oil combine` is also eliminated. The Left stands there with Weiner’s tweet in their hands.

3. 2011 May 31 11:44 am

Where’s Mittens ?????

4. 2011 May 31 11:45 am

“?” ON SUICIDE WATCH !!!

5. 2011 May 31 11:45 am

Eph, I guess he’s warming up the kneehole again….

6. 2011 May 31 11:48 am

DR,

Odd that right side blogs ads is almost void of Palin hating threads today.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

7. 2011 May 31 11:51 am

Well there is this — http://www.redstate.com/dhorowitz3/2011/05/31/sarah-palin-opposes-all-energy-subsidies/ — in RedState’s usual attack dog style. It reads like she wants to kill all puppies.

8. 2011 May 31 11:52 am

One thing about Sarah Palin: you can love her, you can hate her, but you cannot ignore her.

9. 2011 May 31 11:53 am

In case no one told you today: Erick Erickson is an a$$hole.

10. 2011 May 31 12:09 pm

Jeez, the press is already whining about being out of the loop — http://hotair.com/archives/2011/05/31/media-complains-that-palin-caravan-puts-reporters-at-risk/

What jerks.

11. 2011 May 31 12:18 pm

You can’t make this stuff up.

Now the media is whining because Sarah Palin is treating them like “paparazzi.”

Ever consider the fact that either a primary, or secondary goal of the “One Nation” tour might be to totally discredit the media.

After all, it’s not like Sarah Palin invited them. She just said she was taking her family on a tour of the country and let her three million closest friends know about it.

12. 2011 May 31 12:19 pm

BC,

Punch my link #10 and go to the comments. One of the funniest threads I have seen. (though not funnier than some of ours.)

13. 2011 May 31 12:25 pm

14. 2011 May 31 12:28 pm

Sarah is up against the enemy: MSM, the Democrats and the RINOs and the enemy is calling for reinforcements.

15. 2011 May 31 12:29 pm

Apparently Palin has some connections with Real Clear Politics and is giving them the inside track.

16. 2011 May 31 12:51 pm

drdog09 #13

Clarence DipShit (aka Barney Fyfe) is sheriff of Pima county. At least Andy Taylor was smart enough to only give Barney one bullet. It appears the citizans of Pima County aren’t so bright,

17. 2011 May 31 12:53 pm
    brucefdb permalink

This is why Sarah must run. She may not win but with her in the race there will be pressure on the rest of the so-called elite tier (i.e. the candidates the dems, media and rinos want) to man up and actually address all the issues that matter. Energy is certainly one of them.

Aside to dog: DoE cab certainly go and not be missed, let’s do the equally disastrous EPA and Dept of Education while we are at it. 😉

18. 2011 May 31 1:03 pm
    RepublicanPundit permalink

This is the media’s last gasp of a dying breed. Who needs them, we here do not.

19. 2011 May 31 1:05 pm
    RepublicanPundit permalink

Bruce, why not get rid of all of all departments, including the department of defense. Why the hell do our generals need an department?

20. 2011 May 31 1:10 pm

Bruce, no arguments from this side of the peanut gallery. Rip’em out.

21. 2011 May 31 1:15 pm

RP,

Some in the WH Press Corpse ought to get a clue. They don’t have the skills to sniff out a story. So if Obama decided to do what Palin has done they would be SOL. Fact he has. When was the last time he held a presser where he answered questions non stop? Its been quite a while. All he has to do is fire Carney and shut down the coffepot and doughnut order and it would be fiat accompli.

22. 2011 May 31 1:18 pm

Palin Meeting with Trump Tomorrow Night

The little lady just keeps circling the board, collecting $200 and building hotels while her opponents sit in jail or on free parking.

23. 2011 May 31 1:29 pm

Sometimes the lyrics just write themselves. Morphed `On the Road Again` for a nice little ode to the msm.

24. 2011 May 31 1:30 pm

25. 2011 May 31 1:36 pm

BC,

She might also be dangling the carrot out there for a VP slot to preempt his idea of a third party run.

26. 2011 May 31 1:37 pm

From the article:

“There’s a world of difference on a practical level and on a legal level,” she said. “This is about smearing people who are getting welfare.”

The 1996 Welfare Reform Act gave states authority to test recipients for illegal drug use, according to a fact sheet from the American Civil Liberties Union. Michigan, which was the only state to implement mandatory drug testing before 2008, scrapped its law in 2003 after a U.S. district court judge found it unconstitutional.
    The Florida chapter of the ACLU is “looking very closely at the issue and weighing all our options, including a legal challenge,” said Derek Newton, a spokesman.

I love that this is being called “smearing”. The left just loves to show its true colors. No one is saying all folks on welfare are on drugs, or that they are more likely to use them based on any statistics. So here comes the left, essentially declaring that welfare users are on drugs, otherwise they would not have a problem with this. Additionally, did I miss the part of the constitution where it says we are to give paychecks to drug users with no boundaries on that money? If I am not missing anything, then where is the unconstitutionality of this? Where was the original constitutionality?

27. 2011 May 31 1:42 pm

JM,

All well and good for Michigan. Their problem is it was one lone decision by a singular judge. That was not an en-blanc ruling by the appeals court. Florida can have at it. ACLU can pound sand till they bring an injunction.

28. 2011 May 31 1:46 pm

I wish every state would do this!!!!! Also, a kid cap wouldn’t be a bad idea either. No “raise” for each child over a certain amount.

29. 2011 May 31 1:54 pm

No “raise” for each child over a certain amount.

JM

Better yet, start deducting payments for every kid over a certain amount.

30. 2011 May 31 2:00 pm

#29 I like it

31. 2011 May 31 2:00 pm

Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius is launching a $500 million program to teach kids how to “sit still” in Kindergarten.

Maybe they should take the money from Michelle Obama’s “Let’s Move” initiative. -Fred Thompson

😀

32. 2011 May 31 2:02 pm

You can’t make this stuff up.

33. 2011 May 31 2:15 pm

how exactly do you spend 500m ‘teaching’ kids how to sit still?

34. 2011 May 31 2:15 pm

Seems odd. $500m was the answer about Medicare reductions. That number always seems crop up as the answer for the HHS folks. Almost like 47 being the solution to everything in `HitchHiker`.

35. 2011 May 31 2:19 pm

#33 RACIST!

36. 2011 May 31 2:20 pm

#34 Kinda like there are still only 12 million illegals.

37. 2011 May 31 2:20 pm
    RepublicanPundit permalink

500m HERE, 500 MILLION THERE, pretty soon we have 14.2 trillion debt.

38. 2011 May 31 2:24 pm

500m HERE, 500 MILLION THERE, pretty soon we have 14.2 trillion debt, unexpectedly.

FIFY 😀

39. 2011 May 31 2:27 pm

” A million here, a million there … pretty soon you’re talking about real money,” Senator Everett McKinley Dirksen, circa. 1965.

How things have changed since the 1960s.

40. 2011 May 31 2:34 pm
    RepublicanPundit permalink

I can save the government 500M. Spank those who do not sit. Solved easily. Worked mine, will work for theirs.

41. 2011 May 31 2:37 pm

I can save the government 500M. ~~~soylent green

42. 2011 May 31 2:39 pm

More other question is why HHS? I would figure this would be DoEd turf.

43. 2011 May 31 2:43 pm

44. 2011 May 31 2:49 pm

Jodie Miller and Dennis Miller would be a heck of a night time conservative Tonight Show

45. 2011 May 31 2:55 pm
    RepublicanPundit permalink

Sarah and Dennis would be dy-no-mite.

46. 2011 May 31 3:00 pm

For anyone unfamiliar with the killing of the young former Marine by Clarence “The Clown” Dupnik’s SWAT Team.

47. 2011 May 31 3:01 pm

RepublicanPundit –

I went to a public middle school, but was very familiar with the “Board of Education.” My parents sent me to a Catholic boys high school, where I discovered what a bunch of pussies those public school teachers were.

48. 2011 May 31 3:07 pm
    RepublicanPundit permalink

Not only did we have a “board” of education, my daddy reinforced it with a Re-education “board”. I got the idea very quickly on the second day of the first grade.

49. 2011 May 31 3:25 pm

RP – I am an Ohio State alum & fan. Dark days, still believe Tressel is a good man, just made a (really) stupid mistake. Unfortunately, the truth will never come out.

50. 2011 May 31 4:22 pm
    JBoz permalink

I checked into the Hyatt in Jersey City this afternoon. I put my bags in my room, and then left the hotel around 4 PM to make a couple of late meetings across the river. As I walked out of the hotel, parked right in front of the lobby was the SarahPac “We The People” bus! I am assuming this was the advance crew, but she must be staying here tonight. Would be very cool if I get the pleasure of an actual Sarah sighting.

51. 2011 May 31 4:24 pm

Though I respected the Board of Education, I feared the Belt of Supreme Knowledge even more. It was usually preceded by the Queen of the castle stating in a stuccato style my full name. Shudder.

52. 2011 May 31 4:26 pm

JBoz

Your mission if you choose to select it.

1) Park yourself in the hotel lobby.

2) Wait and stalk Sarah Palin when she arrives.

3) Get a picture and autograph for BJG, (one additional for bc3b if possible).

4) Let Sarah know you would be willing to have her baby.

53. 2011 May 31 4:26 pm

If the Karma is right JBoz it will. You might even have a shot at a twofer if Trump is coming over in a limo to pick her up to take her into Gotham.

54. 2011 May 31 4:32 pm
    JBoz permalink

I don’t think The Donald takes limos…he’s strictly a chopper man. Lobby bar is where I’m heading – and although it’s a long-shot, if the opportunity presents itself, I will attempt to secure an autograph. I went to SarahPac.com, and it shows where she has been, but I can’t determine if there is a public event around here. I can say that if she’s hitting Manhattan, Jersey City is a good place to stage from as it’s right across the river, but much more user-friendly, far less crowded and a much lower hassle factor.

55. 2011 May 31 4:49 pm

49. gn,

With all due respect, Tressel is a scumbag and a hypocrite. He knew all of this stuff was going on for the last 10 years. And now the program will probably be gutted for the next five.

56. 2011 May 31 5:06 pm

Eph – sorry don’t buy it. May be my tinted glasses but I just don’t buy it.

Right now all kinds of crap the media is throwing against the wall to see what sticks. And most of it is fecal matter that is just that – shit. Again, understand this is the MEDIA. The same media that covers for the democrats and wont speak the truth. Just because it is sports, does not make it immune from the same disease that affects other news stories (bias and agenda driven).

Over the last 10 plus years I have seen the crap ESPN, SI and other supposed sports papers/tv have driven. They have their favorites and they have those they hate. Does not take a rocket scientist to see their agenda.

Are there problems at Ohio State – yes. Like any institution does. But my name is NOT GOD and I don’t have all of the facts. Just like media and talking heads don’t have all of the facts BUT by GOD, they do think they are GOD and KNOW what is true and what is not true.

Myself, I was waiting until the hearing in August to see what came out of it. Until then, we can speculate all we want and that is all that it is. The sports writers who write what they do are nothing more than hacks. The half truths and lies within what little truth they have would make Satan happy.

57. 2011 May 31 5:09 pm

jboz –

Tell Sarah I would have been proud to have all five (of her babies).

58. 2011 May 31 5:20 pm

gn,

I could believe everything you said, but consider this. Every report I’ve seen today on TV sports commentary program have all suggested that Gee be fired. We both know he’s a left wing nut. So there really is no political angle here. I think all three: Tressel, the AD ,and Gee should get their asses tossed.

59. 2011 May 31 5:20 pm
    RepublicanPundit permalink

GN, I am not an Ohio State Fan, but I feel you pain after what the NCAA did to our Basketball coach (Tennessee-Bruce Pearl).

60. 2011 May 31 5:35 pm

RP – thanks.

Eph – not going to happen with Gee. He has done more for Ohio State than any other President. Rated as best college president. Has help raise over $1 Billion in endowment funds, help make OSU Hospital one of the best in heart & cancer research, and many more. Annually one of the top research institutions in the country.

Gee is kind of a nut BUT is much loved by the Ohio State community and the state in general.

Smith may be gone and should be in my opinion.

You may not believe me about the media and agenda’s but it is true. ESPN has had a hard on the Big Ten and Ohio State for some time. A lot of this is because of the Big Ten Network which ESPN views as a competitor – which it is. Remember the first letter in ESPN is “E” which stands for “Entertainment” – not sports.

This kind of stuff at Ohio State, and other places sells for the sports media – whether true or not. Or how exaggerated it may be.

61. 2011 May 31 5:36 pm
    RepublicanPundit permalink

Gn, Tressel had to go, just as Pearl did. As much as I don’t like the NCAA with all of it’s stupid rules, the are the governing body of college athletics, so one cannot lie to them.

62. 2011 May 31 5:50 pm

RP – I agree BUT I would like to know WHY. Why do such a thing WHEN you KNOW it is going to come out. Just a matter of time.

63. 2011 May 31 5:54 pm

JBoz…tell Sarah that BJG is supporting her all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And if she feels like doing a Web interview, we’d be glad to oblige! 🙂

64. 2011 May 31 6:02 pm
    RepublicanPundit permalink

GN, it is going to get a lot worse, for you and us.

65. 2011 June 1 5:18 am
    JBoz permalink

Good Morning BJGers. Haning in the Hyatt lobby with my laptop and a cup of coffee, hoping for a glimpse. I could see the press staged (about 20 photographers, etc.) outside the hotel. I was sitting next to a nice older couple, who were dressed…well, like my parents would dress…seemed a little out of place in Jersey. I heard them mention that they were taking a boat to Ellis Island, so I asked them if they were with Sarah’s party and they said “We are Sarah’s parents.” I chatted with them for about 5 minutes – very nice people. Then saw Sarah come down the elevator, took some pictures on my crappy Blackberry camera. She was with security and one of her kids (Piper I think). Got her autograph, including one for BJG. Mary, I will send it to you. Email me your address. Outstanding morning!

66. 2011 June 1 5:31 am
    JBoz permalink

Hanging in the lobby, not “haning”. Oh yeah, she is indeed a lovely person.

67. 2011 June 1 5:54 am
    RepublicanPundit permalink

I am SOOO jealous. Post the pics ASAP.

68. 2011 June 1 5:55 am
    JBoz permalink

Emailing them to Mary now.

69. 2011 June 1 6:23 am
    RepublicanPundit permalink

hurry, Mary, hurry

70. 2011 June 1 5:44 pm

YAY! I got the pics! Good on ya, JBoz!!!!!!