An Official BJG Sarah Palin Sighting!

2011 June 1
by JBoz

*Since I am posting this on behalf of JBoz, I am going to include his earlier comment that came with the pictures* -JM

Good Morning BJGers. Hanging in the Hyatt lobby with my laptop and a cup of coffee, hoping for a glimpse. I could see the press staged (about 20 photographers, etc.) outside the hotel. I was sitting next to a nice older couple, who were dressed…well, like my parents would dress…seemed a little out of place in Jersey. I heard them mention that they were taking a boat to Ellis Island, so I asked them if they were with Sarah’s party and they said “We are Sarah’s parents.” I chatted with them for about 5 minutes – very nice people. Then saw Sarah come down the elevator, took some pictures on my crappy Blackberry camera. She was with security and one of her kids (Piper I think).

1. 2011 June 1 7:07 pm

JBoz – you are the man. Congratulations.

2. 2011 June 1 7:09 pm

JBoz –

I have not had the opportunity to associate with many heroes in my lifetime. Congrats!!!

3. 2011 June 1 7:09 pm
    RepublicanPundit permalink

I love Sarah Palin. (Can’t tell my memsahib)

4. 2011 June 1 7:12 pm

You know you’re winning when the enemy self destructs,through their own rage. piss be upon them

5. 2011 June 1 7:13 pm
    RepublicanPundit permalink

Great get, JBoz.!!!

6. 2011 June 1 7:14 pm

I bow to the power and aura of JBoz. Good job dude!!

Gee JM, think if we sent an invitation to Palin she would join us for a comments session??? 🙂

7. 2011 June 1 7:14 pm
    RepublicanPundit permalink

She is killing the media in every way.

8. 2011 June 1 7:16 pm

#6 She is always welcome to! I gotta say, I am pretty jealous of JBoz, all I got to see was Sarah’s rear end when we were at the rally. I would have loved to say hello.

9. 2011 June 1 7:20 pm

Would not surprise me that Palin never announces but her name just starts showing up enlisted in State filings across the country. Nothing says you have to `announce` anything.

10. 2011 June 1 7:26 pm

awesome, JBoz……..awesome!!

Not get her to do a BJG interview! 🙂

11. 2011 June 1 7:26 pm
    JBoz permalink

There was one thing really struck me about the whole experience, and it didn’t occur to me until later when I was looking at the pictures. Her daughter, who is about the same age as my youngest son, was dressed in typical kid clothes…a Snoopy tee shirt and shorts. And knowing that thousands of photos would be snapped today, and many would include Piper, Sarah let her dress like a kid who was going on a boat ride – not decked out like a staged political prop. Piper’s wardrobe wasn’t a political calculation – it was a parent calculation, a decision to let her kid be a kid. It came across as very authentic, genuine, and really hit me.

12. 2011 June 1 7:27 pm
    RepublicanPundit permalink

I really do believe she will be drafted. It may happen during the convention.

13. 2011 June 1 7:30 pm
    RepublicanPundit permalink

Jboz. You are right. She is a real person, genuine and honest. A real breath of fresh air.

14. 2011 June 1 7:31 pm

jm –

“all I got to see was Sarah’s rear end when we were at the rally”

If you were a guy, you wouldn’t complain about it.

I saw her about a year ago in the Detroit area speaking engagement – about 30 feet away (front view). She actually is far prettier in person than on TV.

15. 2011 June 1 7:34 pm

bc3b – did you get to see her rear? And when JM said she got a rear view, I thought, well thats ok. JM is on the west coast you know, and that type of thing is acceptable there. Just saying.

16. 2011 June 1 7:34 pm
    JBoz permalink

As she came off the escalator this morning, I asked her if I could get an autograph. She said sure. She asked for my name, and as she was signing it, she asked “Where are you from Jim?”. I told her I was from Chicago, and she smiled and said “I forgive you.” Then I asked her for one more autograph. She said, “Sure, who is this one for?” I said “Just make it to BJG.” That one if for all of you…and it will be on it’s way to JM tomorrow. Then as she shook my hand, I told her I hope she runs, and that we need her. She said thanks, and that was it.

17. 2011 June 1 7:35 pm
    judyt2009 permalink

Jealous… I did not even get close on Sunday… had no idea where to even look.

18. 2011 June 1 7:38 pm

JBoz be cool. I would be a puddle on the floor.

19. 2011 June 1 7:48 pm

Mutley meeting sarah for the first time.

20. 2011 June 1 8:01 pm

#15 She does have a cute butt, though I am not supposed to say such things being a woman. lol

Her figure is very petite. She looked tiny next to all the other folks who came on stage. I did get to meet John Voight that day. He was super cool. Didn’t check out his butt though, sorry. 😆

21. 2011 June 1 8:03 pm

#16 So awesome of you, really.

I love that her daughter was dressed like a kid- she probably needs that!!!! At her age, putting on a show comes second to cartoon characters and digging in the dirt- as well it should.

22. 2011 June 1 8:11 pm

JBoz…we will post the “BJG” autograph and send a post along to her!

Go SARAH!!

thank you soooooooooooo much!

23. 2011 June 1 8:11 pm

JM – lol – must be a west coast thing. Cheking out the gal while ignoring the guy – lol.

24. 2011 June 1 8:18 pm

Don’t know if any of you saw the Canucks – Bruins game tonight. Vancouver won 1-0 on a goal with about 20 seconds left in regulation time. Unlike a 1-0 soccer game, it was very exciting. Vancouver’s goalie made 36 saves, Boston’s 33 plus a couple of fights.

25. 2011 June 1 8:19 pm

JBoz…we will post the “BJG” autograph and send a post along to her!

Go SARAH!!

thank you soooooooooooo much!

Sure you want to do that JR? She might get depressed seeing how we constantly bad-mouth her.

26. 2011 June 1 8:43 pm

19, well it could be worse!

27. 2011 June 1 8:45 pm

Well if we BJGers were really smart we would all chip in and buy Todd a case of Pale Ale and invite him on here. Get the First Dude’s opinion of the tour so far.

28. 2011 June 1 8:55 pm

We’s probably be better off with Alaskan Amber:

29. 2011 June 1 9:05 pm

Haven’t had Alaskan Amber in years. But he probably gets that all the time. But it works for me whatever brand he would prefer.

30. 2011 June 1 9:53 pm

Surely we could pony up for a beer or 6. I’d love to get Todd’s thoughts on all of this. I know that my Hubs would support me if I were doing the same thing- but I also know that he would have a hard time staying out of jail when the wrong folks got out of hand.

31. 2011 June 1 10:01 pm

32. 2011 June 1 10:16 pm

33. 2011 June 1 10:38 pm
    Deckard permalink

Listening to Hannity in the background . . . Bachmann may be running . .

Regarding the whole Weiner-Gate episode – just a distraction. When I see distractions, I divert my attention elsewhere to see what the other hand is doing. I learned a bit from a used car salesman when he used the ” Look at the Monkey . . . Look at Monkey” distraction . . . politics is becoming “Look at Charlie McCarthy rather than Edgar Bergen” type of scenario.

Please realize the distractions are just that . . . DISTRACTIONS!!!!

Whatever Sarah does, she does. To me this is all political theater. If she can get the Tea Party base energized, great.

But – we still have issues in the country that need resolving. And we need to focus on such issues while attention is distracted elsewhere. The Stock Market decreased today – and international issues are affecting the role of the US Dollar internationally. While we may want Palin to run in 2012 – there are pressing issues that may cripple the U.S. within the next few months. Is she cognisant and ready to handle this??

My regrets for being a gloomy gus. But I’m a bit more focused on the “NOW” instead of what may or may not happen in 2012. If the economy collapses this year, then any political candidate running sits on the back burner IMHO. Candidates need $$$ to stay afloat in 2012. Who will contribute to any political campaign when their life savings is wiped out? Yeah – I’m the gloomy gus, so to speak. But wondering about the effectiveness of political campaigns when those who wish to contribute find their resources drained due to superinflation?

In addition, who will care about politics and political contributions when said supporters need to pay rent/mortgage and feed themselves/their family and such monetary resources wind up vacant? If such situations become real, then hopefully the populus will realize their error from their 2008 vote and change their hopefuls accordingly.

From what I can see, there is no easy solution to our present situation. Either we vote to reset what public employees receive, as well as SS benefits, Medicare benefits, etc. – or else we go broke.

Basically, we sacrifice, or we go broke.

As an aside, did anyone consider the impact of Roe vs. Wade in regards to BabyBoomer demands? The Baby Boomers’ parents produced offsrping in abundance. Then the Baby Boomers decided to kill off their offspring in abundace due to Roe vs. Wade. Who in the @#@$@# did they think would support them (the Baby Boomers) in elderly age when they eliminated the population when they were yougner?????

Things that make ya go . . . DUH!

34. 2011 June 2 7:12 am

Yep! They eliminated their voter base, along with those who would have funded their SS. Thus they need to infiltrate the schools, and at some point, expose the ponzi scheme for what it is- while laughing at us because there is nothing we can do about it (us being folks our age, Deckard).

35. 2011 June 2 8:54 am

“Legalizing” illegal aliens makes up for the abortion losses. Plus it creates instant dim voters.