He Only Lies a Little …

2011 June 14
by drdog09

… On the gun running issue run by the ATF.

President Barack Obama has long pushed the 90 percent lie, a bit of fiction in which he claims that 90 percent of cartel weapons in Mexico originate in U.S. gun shops along the border.

The fact of the matter is that of the 100,000 weapons that had been recovered by Mexican authorities at that time, only 18,000 were determined to have been manufactured, sold, or imported from the United States, and of those 18,000, just 7,900 came from sales by licensed gun dealers. He was only fabricating the truth by 81 percent.

Now that we know that the ATF directed U.S. gun dealers to allow more than 2000 — and as maybe as many as 2,500 — of those 7,900 guns, it now seems that something approaching a third of the guns sold by dealers to the cartels were conveyed at the order of Barack Obama’s Justice Department. Not only was the president lying about the percentage of guns coming from the U.S. in order to drum up support for gun control measures, his executive branch agencies were responsible for padding the numbers almost another 50 percent.

In addition to the civilian guns, the U.S. government is indirectly responsible for many of the cartels’ heavy weapons as well, though there is no indication that the Justice Department or ATF had any hand in what appears to be greed, graft, corruption, and theft south of the border.

Source

Almost 1/3rd of the gun running that was supposed to have come from the US, DID. Right from the US Government.

Now there are two conspiraricies wrapped up in this. The first one is that the ATF ran such an operation in an attempt to find the buyers. The problem with that is the second part of the conspiracy. The ATF facilitated the staw purchases thru licensed firearm dealers. By doing that the ATF had no way of knowing if the buyers were legit. That is, since the cartels are in the habit of using mules for moving drugs they would probably do the same with the purchases. That way there is a double layer between them and the dealer.

The real crock is that the ATF and DoJ have refused any data requests issued by Issa’s committee. This is beyond contempt. It’s obstruction of justice. Holder should be placed under arrest until such time as the requested documents are tendered to the committee.

What is also known is that ATF have been scattering the various principals involved in the original affair to the four winds. Now it is generally a principle that if you want to eliminate a den of errors you have to clean out the nest. But in this case it is highly likely that the scattering of the personnel is to make it harder to conduct interviews and assessments of those involved.

I fully expect that next we shall hear of document destruction. It is just part of the overall trend.

1. 2011 June 14 9:04 am

the GOP needs to start the subpeonas and perp-walks!

no more of this “If you don’t show up…” nonsense. COMPEL them to testify, uner oath…and hold them in (further) contempt if they don’t.

Get serious, GOP.

2. 2011 June 14 9:18 am

Holy CRAP. Did you hear what Lindsay Lohan did over the weekend? /msm

3. 2011 June 14 9:44 am
    janzam permalink

JM

What? and Where? She actually lives in a “very nice” condo in Venice, a block away from a building we own in the area.

4. 2011 June 14 9:47 am

uh, janzam…I think that was an MSM-headfake 🙂

5. 2011 June 14 9:49 am
    janzam permalink

Oh, ok justrand….always interested, though, in what a “neighbor” is up to. LOL ( actually, never have seen the woman except in TMZ footage and the like)

6. 2011 June 14 10:40 am

The fall of the roman empire is an ongoing event.

7. 2011 June 14 10:53 am

KH: “Italy joins Germany

They did that in the 1930s…I don’t think it turned out well then either.

8. 2011 June 14 11:01 am

I need to apply at msnbc post haste! Clearly, I have the skills. Plus, I’m white, and we know how much they like their all white cast.

9. 2011 June 14 11:32 am

My I love the pic associated with the article Eph provided in 11. That ought to be in the American Dictionary of Slang right next to `Deer in Headlights`.

10. 2011 June 14 11:34 am

JM, 9,

You’re over qualified! You would either burst out laughing or would launch across the table to strangle the guest. But then if they will hire you, the quality of guests would improve by sheer survival instinct.

11. 2011 June 14 11:36 am
    janzam permalink

Debbie Wasserman Schultz is in way over her head as DNC Chairwoman, which is why she always seems to be looking upward — to see the light!

12. 2011 June 14 11:39 am
    judyt2009 permalink

10 — I know that is your theory that ? is male. The more stories like these pop up the more it could be, but I have absolutely no understanding of people pretending to be someone they are not. Even over at Poli I would sometimes forget to put in my screenname but then I would go back and claim the anonymous post as mine.

13. 2011 June 14 11:47 am

#14 Yes, but is it florescent?

14. 2011 June 14 11:48 am

#13 Ohhhh a real life Hunger Games. I like it.

15. 2011 June 14 11:48 am
    judyt2009 permalink

Stranger things have happened but part of the story that struck me as ultimate irony is that dead guy’s last words, who, by the way I hope is roasting away in hell, were that he wasn’t feeling well.

Certainly his victim was feeling a lot worse. Did this scum think she cared he did not feel well?

16. 2011 June 14 11:50 am

Continuing on #13……..I was booted from the jury yesterday. I had a feeling I would be. I can tell you now that it was 100% because I made the prosecutor look like a damn fool on Friday. It wasn’t terribly difficult to do, mind you, but she didn’t appreciate it. They obviously don’t tell you why they are dismissing you, but I knew, because she seemed relieved when I left. 😆

17. 2011 June 14 11:51 am

#18 I read that and thought GOOD. I hope they all die in the act, though I really wish he had met a more violent end.

18. 2011 June 14 11:55 am
    brucefdb permalink

I sure miss this guy! In one minute he knocks them out and leaves you laughing.

19. 2011 June 14 11:59 am

janzam, Debbie Dumbest was hired because she can tell a bald faced LIE with conviction…passion even. Usually the media lets her go right on about her business, which is what made the David Gregory comeback so unusual. I guess David needed to defend his cool chart that showed how much WORSE things are now versus when Lord Obama ascended.

On the other hand, Obama promised CHANGE!…and 9.1% unemployment is a change from 7.6%, eh? As is $4.6 TRILLION more in debt, as is $2 more a gallon for gas, as is…

20. 2011 June 14 12:01 pm

bruce, I LOVED that video clip!!! Great ending! thx

21. 2011 June 14 12:01 pm

#10 😆 Probably.

22. 2011 June 14 12:02 pm

Obama knows he can lie with impunity. Who in the media will question him?

23. 2011 June 14 12:06 pm
    TLS permalink

I am convinced that she was hired to be the Dem answer to Sarah Palin. she is the “prettiest” female the Dems could put forward. I know many here have commented that she isn’t attractive, but in comparison to other Dem women, she’s a 10. (I’m sure bc has the lovely women of the “D” poster lying around somewhere 🙂 )

24. 2011 June 14 12:10 pm

#26 I never thought of it that way, but you are probably right. They could have saved themselves the effort though if they just gave up on the whole reusable bag thing and grabbed a few extra paper bags from the store.

25. 2011 June 14 12:20 pm
    judyt2009 permalink

Bingo tls

26. 2011 June 14 12:24 pm

Illinois lawmakers are so desperate to squeeze more money out of taxpayers, they’re considering selling advertising space on state license plates.

Perfect spot for a Tea Party ad. -Fred Thompson

I like it.

27. 2011 June 14 12:26 pm
    janzam permalink

Debbie Dumbest was hired because she can tell a bald faced LIE with conviction…

You have a point, Justrand. Wasserman is a straight-faced liar. Before she assumed her post as DNC chair she was put out there as the female pit bull who would go toe-to-toe with any republican counter part, never giving an inch in her stances —> truth be damned, was her motto.

And, yes, she seemed to game it well. But, as the chair, it just doesn’t seem to be working for her anymore, and she seems to have become a caricature of sorts — blindsighted and befuddled in her delivery of the talking points.

28. 2011 June 14 12:27 pm
    judyt2009 permalink

If I hear that “Shovel ready was not as shovel ready as we expected…lol” one more time….I just might have to boetch slap the funny out of Zero. Don’t you know that if this is how he carries on in public how absolutely cold and callous he must be in private.

29. 2011 June 14 12:28 pm
    beej permalink

Bumper sticker: If you voted in 2008 for Obama to prove you wanted change; vote for him in 2012 to prove you are an Idiot!

30. 2011 June 14 12:45 pm

Another Presidential Ticket announced today…

With all the publicity, rumor has it that Anthony Weiner is going to run for President. He has chosen Attorney General Eric Holder as his running mate.

Get your Weiner-Holder bumper stickers early, before they are all gone.

31. 2011 June 14 12:48 pm
    judyt2009 permalink

Drudge has <a href="http://battleland.blogs.time.com/2011/06/13/haunted-by-homicide-federal-grand-jury-investigates-war-crimes-and-torture-in-death-of-the-ice-man-at-abu-ghraib-and-other-alleged-cia-abuses/"this link up…. and it is true the timing of all of this is purely political.

All of the men that Obama gave the order to blow up with missiles are just as dead as this guy.

32. 2011 June 14 12:49 pm

#31 That was particularly cold. Let them eat cake!

33. 2011 June 14 12:57 pm

IP…great bumper sticker!!! 🙂

34. 2011 June 14 1:02 pm
    brucefdb permalink

Ha, ha….a lot of great stuff on this thread!

Btw Tammy Bruce wrote an excellent piece today that mimics what many of us have stated on this site, and she reaches more people:

35. 2011 June 14 1:08 pm
    Deckard permalink

#27 – HA! As my great-grandma used to say, “Sack her head . . . ”

#34 – I thought the same thing – political distraction. The Leftists in the Adminstration are doing everything they can to keep the public distracted from the misery Zero is creating. It’s sickening.

Just saw on Drudge about Obama backing $1 billion in Egyptian Eurobonds . . . what in sam-hill is this guy thinking? Meanwhile, Bernanke is saying that not raising the debt ceiling could result in “severe market disruption”. How much further are we going to kick the can?!? There ain’t much more road left until becomes a cliff . . . .

36. 2011 June 14 1:31 pm
    TLS permalink

#27 LOL!

Dems introducing Debbie Wasserman: Look! We have intelligent, pretty women also!

America: Where?

37. 2011 June 14 2:11 pm

37 Is that the same Tammy Bruce that’s pro-abortion and a lesbian ??

Yikes!

38. 2011 June 14 2:20 pm

39. 2011 June 14 2:25 pm
    RepublicanPundit permalink

Good one, IP.

40. 2011 June 14 2:34 pm
    judyt2009 permalink

Tammy Bruce does make some excellent points

The truth of the matter is quite the opposite. They fear a Palin nomination because they know if she wins the GOP nod, she wins the general election. How? Consider these years of frantic and pathological attacks on Palin, all of which she has survived with the grace and dignity so void in her accusers. Now imagine what the establishment will try to do to her during the nominating process. If she wins the nomination despite what they do, it means she not only has convinced Republicans under extraordinary circumstances, she will have convinced the rest of the nation as well. If she wins the nomination with all that she will undoubtedly face during the Republican primaries, the presidency is hers

41. 2011 June 14 2:38 pm
    RepublicanPundit permalink

I would not want to be in a foxhole with her. She is Coyote Ugly.

In reference to #11. I have never seen her smile.

Lets FOIA and get her e-mail. I’ll bet there is some nasty sh!t in them.

42. 2011 June 14 2:56 pm
    brucefdb permalink

I’d rather be in a Foxhole with Tammy than most elected R guys. She is an excellent debater and, except for a couple things, she is conservative thru and thru. And she has a spine. Since she is lesbian and a former lib it makes the LSM rather fearful of her.

43. 2011 June 14 2:59 pm

“Since she is lesbian and a former lib it makes the LSM rather fearful of her.”

former lib?

You cant be for abortion and be a conservative. Sorry.

She gets RINO status for now.

44. 2011 June 14 2:59 pm

I’d rather be in a foxhole with Tammy Bruce than Wasseridiot though.

45. 2011 June 14 3:14 pm

That’s my second cousin from a third litter and his drinking buddy Rufus.