Calling the Kettle Black

2011 September 20
tags:
by drdog09

They claim class warfare is coming from the other side, but —

The wealthiest Americans don’t need further tax cuts and in many cases aren’t even asking for them. Requiring that they pay their fair share is the only practical way forward. The Republican alternative is to drastically slash education, gut Medicare, let roads and bridges crumble, and privatize Social Security. That’s not the America we believe in — but many in the Republican leadership actually prefer those policies, which explains their refusal to act.

That’s why they’ll say “tax increase” over and over again, trying to muddy the waters and trick ordinary Americans into thinking the Buffett Rule will hurt them. And if we don’t speak out right now, they just might get away with it.

If you stand with President Obama in this fight and want to see the Buffett Rule passed — say you’ll get his back now.

Of course, the Buffett Rule won’t really touch most Americans — only 0.3% of households will even be affected.

And without it, the only way to reduce our debt is to savage the programs that seniors and middle-class families rely on.

That is an excerpt I received from an elect Obama email (barackobama.com). The irony is of course this very email elicits class warfare as depicted in the bold above. We all also know that even if the Buffet Rule was implemented it comes nowhere near closing the revenue gap. Yet the senior turkey at the WH is proposing another $1.5T in taxes. As the scene was depicted in the movie Dr. Strangelove, — What we have here is an ability to compute gap.

If we don’t tax the top .3% grandma and pa will be eating cat food they say. If that is not class warfare I don’t know what is. The irony of all this is, ObamaCare is going to cut Medicare payments and raise rates in 2012, and then really kick seniors in the balls come 2013.

That, ladies and gentlemen, really is class warfare!

1. 2011 September 20 9:46 am

it’s PURE Class Warfare!

In the Marxist world one person can only be successful if another person is exploited!! Thus their goal is for everyone to be universally unhappy and unsuccessful…except the “Ruling Elite”, of course.

2. 2011 September 20 10:08 am

Must have tax increases, now!

How can they pay for $16 muffins and $7 beef wellington appetizers at your run of the mill legal conference unless you pay more?

Don’t deprive those Eric Holder staff lawyers.

3. 2011 September 20 10:21 am

4. 2011 September 20 10:25 am
    judyt2009 permalink

Oh my .. Obama forgot to mention we want to club baby seals and polar bear cubs, abuse cats and dogs, flood cities, take away heat in winter and air conditioning in summer, force women to give birth to the children they conceive, and bring slavery back.

Damn us mean Republicans.

I would include we mean Republicans want to take candy away from children but that is Misses Obama’s doing.

5. 2011 September 20 10:39 am
    judyt2009 permalink

I have a great idea. Instead of us Republicans want to slash education why don’t we advocate that we replicate what is done in those countries with the highest scores in math and science.

Finland has 100% literacy and their students score the tops in both math and science.

If we just duplicated the Finland education system in all 50 states we could save 27% of what is spent on primary education (also known as 218.5 billion) That savings is at least 3x the amount that could be obtained from “taxing” the rich.

6. 2011 September 20 10:50 am

If we don’t tax the top .3% grandma and pa will be eating cat food they say.

While living beneath a crumbled bridge, no less!!!!

7. 2011 September 20 10:52 am

#5 What does their system involve?

8. 2011 September 20 10:58 am

judy, I went to a Baby Seal Club once…it wasn’t at all what I thought it was!! 🙂

9. 2011 September 20 11:10 am
    judyt2009 permalink

Mary I don’t know what Finland’s school system is like but they manage to spend 28% less and yet their students perform at the top.

Forget Finland’s system — very socialist touchy feely greenie.

10. 2011 September 20 11:15 am
    RepublicanPundit permalink

Bet you had a good time, JR!!!

11. 2011 September 20 11:43 am

Mary I don’t know what Finland’s school system is like

There may be an ethnic/racial component to the mix. But that makes me a RACIST to suggest such.

12. 2011 September 20 11:46 am

13. 2011 September 20 12:42 pm

I prefer glass warfare.

14. 2011 September 20 12:49 pm

Busy day today so college and pro football rankings will be posted tomorrow morning. This weekend’s pick sheets were emailed last night.

15. 2011 September 20 1:41 pm
    brucefdb permalink

Good post, doggie….or is that good dog, postie?

off topic but of interest to bjg’ers like me who are still in the Palin camp:

(excerpt): Apparently, the GOP establishment believes we have no memory of them telling us that September 4th would be “too late for Palin” while they now tell us it’s still not too late for others. This is as good as a confession on the part of the establishment: They know Sarah Palin can control the outcome, and all it will take is for her to decide her own timing.

Some excellent points are made in the full article.

16. 2011 September 20 1:49 pm
    brucefdb permalink

Meanwhile back at the ranch (feeding trough):

Taxpayer money goes to GM, with the federal government set to lose about $14 billion in the process; GM hires Evercore for $46 million or so, and Evercore’s CEO hosts a top-level fundraiser for Obama, raising about $2.1 million for Obama and the DNC.

Everybody wins! Except you, that is.

from Jim Geraghty:

17. 2011 September 20 1:52 pm

15. It is too late, for anyone.

18. 2011 September 20 1:54 pm

16. Classic

19. 2011 September 20 2:17 pm

bruce,

Thanks. Like a good doggie some times I fetch a dead squirrel others times its the newspaper.

20. 2011 September 20 2:30 pm

Remember the Solyndra execs who requested a week’s delay in their Congressional and said if granted that week they would testify freely??? Oops. This Friday they will answer every question except “What’s your name?” with “On advice of counsel I invoke the Fifth Amendment…” (or however they word it)

Hell…these two guys may not even give their NAMES!!

The RNC ad against Obama needs to show these two invoking the Fifth over and over and over…

21. 2011 September 20 3:03 pm

JR, just remember this part of the old Marinda rights — “… anything you say maybe used aginst you in a court of law….”. With FBI crawling around the storage boxes of files, they know they maybe set up as the fall guys to keep the trail from leading to the WH.

If I were one of the Solynda execs I would have my lawyer(s) in Fred Upton’s office. (chair energy subcommittee.) My aim — total immunity in return for my testimony. That in hand I spill my guts and short circuit the FBI investigation.

22. 2011 September 20 3:07 pm

Give them full immunity, then if they refuse they can be hit with contempt of congress. Once given immunity you can no longer refuse to answer (methinks)

23. 2011 September 20 3:10 pm

IP, with full immunity YOU want to tell them everything. Right down to the color of the socks you wear to the WH. With every criminal act disclosed under color of immunity the FBI can’t come back at you with some stupid SEC charge or something.

24. 2011 September 20 3:18 pm
    judyt2009 permalink

Federal Sentencing guidelines provide that the first person to turn evidence is the one who gets the pass. I am surprised that someone hasn’t turned evidence to cover their own butt.

25. 2011 September 20 3:26 pm

If the perp takes the 5th, and is then granted immunity,any refusal from that point on would be contempt of congress or the court. Send them away to a pound em in the butt federal pen.

26. 2011 September 20 4:04 pm
    MI Conservative permalink

O/T

Doe anybody besides me find it funny that Rasmussen has the same poll numbers for Obama that he had exactly one year ago?

Meanwhile CBS, McClathy/Marist and CNN have him at their lowest point ever.

How can this be? Does Scott Rasmussen wonder about it?

27. 2011 September 20 4:05 pm
    brucefdb permalink

IBD reviewed Resident Jughead’s new Yobs Bill and besides all the policies that have already failed miserable they found this almost amusing one: The bill will create a Federal Job Training Program! This will make it the 48th such program in existence, with the other 47 already miserable failures.

Jeez, if it weren’t so sad it would be hilarious. Too bad we don’t have our own late night comedian, he could keep everyone in stitches.

28. 2011 September 20 4:08 pm
    MI Conservative permalink

Riddle: How many jobs programs does it take for a Democrat to create one job?

Answer: They don’t know because they haven’t created a job yet.

29. 2011 September 20 4:18 pm

I have noticed that Rasmussen Reports has gotten very sloppy lately: typos, links to the wrong article, etc. Maybe Scott took early retirement.

30. 2011 September 20 4:27 pm
    judyt2009 permalink

lol… but, do you folks realize just how many jobs Obama created for his campaign workers. There is something called the President’s Initiative. There must be 1 to 3 participants in every division through every government department. Each have the same mission as every Obama appointee… make Obama look good while implementing his agenda. I guess they are only getting half of their mission done.

31. 2011 September 20 4:51 pm

32. 2011 September 20 5:04 pm
    judyt2009 permalink

So the rumors are that Obama is so depressed that he might not run again. Finally, I have something in common with Obama. Ever since Obama was elected I’ve been too depressed to run.

While I have concern for those who suffer from depression I am having a difficult time working up any concern or even sympathy for ZERO. After all since his election there have been times I have felt an enormous level of despair as I have watched ZERO destroy my country. There have been moments when I my frustration level spiked because the number people who so cluelessly supported this idiot seemed overwhelming and I feared they would never escape the Borg.

33. 2011 September 20 5:08 pm

34. 2011 September 20 5:10 pm

#32 At least he has a job. “I’m so depressed with my millions that I made off the backs of others as I completely effed up the economy. waaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh”

35. 2011 September 20 5:11 pm

#33 I can bake my own for pennies apiece. If I am desperate, I can buy a 6-pack of giant muffins at Costco for about $2.50. Clearly, I was in the wrong industry before I decided to stay home.

36. 2011 September 20 5:12 pm

37. 2011 September 20 5:14 pm

I want him to run again, so our schadenfreude will be complete, when he is run out on a rail.

38. 2011 September 20 5:17 pm

JM, Interesting idea. If everybody on BJG baked 12 dozen muffins then FedEx’d them to our various Representatives they can hand them out to their opposite number with a little tag that says — “$2.50 ea, includes shipping!”

39. 2011 September 20 5:39 pm

slut resigns post.

40. 2011 September 20 5:45 pm

The resignation was accepted without objection.

From the department of DUH!!!!!!

41. 2011 September 20 5:46 pm

Question I have is: why????? HMMMMMMMM

42. 2011 September 20 5:59 pm
    TLS permalink

Question I have is: why?????

Many of the commentors on that thread had the exact same question.

43. 2011 September 20 6:01 pm
    RepublicanPundit permalink

Dumbie-Wasserman_Shits resigns from Judiciary.

Several questions:

1. Why was she ever there to start with?

2. Why would she give up this powerful post?

3. Conflict of interest?

4. Impending investions coming for her or the dem party?

I have questions!!!!

44. 2011 September 20 6:09 pm

Questions???

I want to know why a barber has to take XX training and pass a test. But a Politician doesn’t.

I want to know why a florist has to take a test. But a Politician doesn’t.

I want to know why a lawyer has to pass the bar. But a Politician doesn’t.

I want to know why a farrier has to pass a test. But a Politician doesn’t.

There are few if any qualifications for being a Pol save residency and can breathe. Yet these people control trillions when most can’t balance a check book and it is doubtful that any could recite the Constitution if their lives depended on it.

We need qualification testing for politicians. If we did, we would not be wondering about dobermann-schlitz, she would have never been qualified to run.

45. 2011 September 20 6:20 pm
    RepublicanPundit permalink

Even more questions:

1. How high is up?

2. How do you say Parfet in French?

3. Who was Dead Reconing and how did he die?

4. How long is a Chinaman?

46. 2011 September 20 6:23 pm

Holy crap- this is the funniest site in the freaking world.

47. 2011 September 20 6:26 pm
    RepublicanPundit permalink

Are liberal women Ugly because they are liberals, or are they liberals because they are ugly?

48. 2011 September 20 6:27 pm

#47 Deep man….deep……*mega bong hit*

49. 2011 September 20 6:31 pm
    RepublicanPundit permalink

JM 😆

50. 2011 September 20 6:34 pm

YumYumBisonB!@#.com !!! Very funny JM.

51. 2011 September 20 6:42 pm

wow…now why would Debbie Dumbest resign from the House Judiciary Committee???

oh yeah…they are just about to ramrod her and her beloved outa town!!

52. 2011 September 20 7:01 pm

During his vacation at Martha’s Vineyard – President Obama ha d been slicing off the tee on every hole.

He asks his Scottish caddy if he has noticed any obvious reasons for his poor tee shots, to which the caddy replies:

“Aye, there’s a piece of shyt on the end of yer driver. ”

The President picks up his driver and cleans the club face, at which point the caddy says:

“No, the other end.”

53. 2011 September 20 7:56 pm

Is bc3b alive?

Hey, bc3b – look at the front of Drudge. If you can stand it.

54. 2011 September 20 8:34 pm

I just got home from my monthly “Three Beers & a Burger” (actually filet chicken sandwich) with a conservative friend. It’s a nine-year tradition.

I think things (particularly the economy) are going to get worse before they get better. I truly believe that 2012 will be a repeat of 1980 – any Republican who runs will win. Baker, Bush 41 or Ford also would have defeated Carter. So, let’s go with a conservative … and that ain’t Mr. RomneyCare or Mr. Open Borders.

55. 2011 September 20 8:44 pm

RP –

How about all of the above?

56. 2011 September 21 4:51 am

57. 2011 September 21 4:55 am

Dear God, please send clothes
    for all those poor ladies on
    grandpa’s computer. Amen.

58. 2011 September 21 5:18 am
    JBoz permalink

Anyone watch Palin on Hannity last night? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLEkWK4pB5s

Might be worthy of a new thread. She didn’t fully tip her hand, but there were a few things that I thought were noteworthy. The biggest one for me was that when discussing the general campaign to beat Obama, she repeatedly said that it would be (not that it would need to be, but would in fact be) an “unconventional campaign”. That is interesting to me because the current GOP frontrunners are all running 100% conventional campaigns. She had her serious game face on, not the smiling, jovial Sarah we have become accustomed to. Reminded me of the boxer “serious face stare down” right before they ring the bell and start the fight.

59. 2011 September 21 5:26 am

It might be blasphemey, but methinks sarah is not ready for prime time. She is a bit squishy on amnesty as well.

60. 2011 September 21 5:29 am

“And, before you leap to answer that question, here’s an arresting fact, courtesy of U.S. Secretary of Education Arne Duncan: “[s]eventy-five percent of young Americans, between the ages of 17 to 24, are unable to enlist in the military today because they have failed to graduate from high school, have a criminal record or are physically unfit.” It’s from Tom Friedman and Michael Mandelbaum’s new book, That Used to Be Us.”

So lets get this straight. The scum of the earth, like the kid in that `EBT Card` video will inherit the fruits of this country if we have to send what is left as our best and brightest off to the next war because they are the only one’s fit to serve? Something is drastically wrong with that picture on so many levels.

61. 2011 September 21 5:32 am

IP, a wet sock could beat Obama at this point. Its why Romney is in for a second try. Palin has a good shot at it, being only 5pts behind the duche bag pResident. I still say she should go for it win or lose. Fact the one thing her running might trigger is the Dims dumping db pResident.

So it goes.

62. 2011 September 21 5:42 am
    RepublicanPundit permalink

Dr. Our best and brightest have always served in the military. The elites are not the best and brightest.

63. 2011 September 21 5:43 am
    RepublicanPundit permalink

…they just think they are because their parents said they were!!!

64. 2011 September 21 5:56 am

All one needs to qualify for the military today is to be a rump ranger or carpet muncher, all other requirements will be waived.

65. 2011 September 21 6:53 am

the only problem I see with a Palin candidacy at this point is…SHE ISN’T FREAKING RUNNING! Other than that itsy bitsy point she’s my gal. 👿

The fishing trip is damn near over…fish or cut bait woman!

That said…there is something to be said in waiting for Huntsman and Santorum to be dropped from the debate squad. Sadly, Ron Paul has to stay because he still has the numbers…but those other two don’t!

66. 2011 September 21 6:53 am

DADT that’s all folks!

67. 2011 September 21 7:08 am

yup, drdog. The policy has worked well…and the U.S. military is the ONLY government entity that function at all. So let’s, well, dick with it!

I have used this description before, but here goes again:

The living space for six enlisted men aboard a Navy ship is roughly the same size as a small kitch nook. This includes their bunks (stacked 3 high), and a walk space between them that is roughly the width of your shoulders. 6 men in various stages of undress move about simultaneously in that space. I am a happily married man. But if you put me in that space with 5 other people of the sex I am attracted to (in my case WOMEN)…sooner or later there are going to be “issues”.

So to be truly fair about getting rid of DADT the gay men would need to bunk with the gay women! I would love to see this proposed!!!

68. 2011 September 21 12:21 pm
    judyt2009 permalink

IP squishier than Romney? Perry? Paul?