Who Is Getting Paid Off?

2011 November 21
tags:
by drdog09

Why is the administration making a decision to exclude an American manufacturer in favor of a maker with such a history? This is the Obama administration’s second billion-dollar giveaway to the Brazilian government in 2011; the first was its outrageous offshore oil loan guarantee decision in March. The two decisions siphon more than $2 billion and more than 21,000 jobs out of the US economy. Of the two, putting a foreign manufacturer with ties to our enemies in charge of a project to build anti-terror weaponry may be the most disturbing. And this is the Obama administration’s second major decision against an American aircraft manufacturer, the first being the NLRB’s unprecedented lawsuit against Boeing and its South Carolina Dreamliner plant. Both states impacted — Kansas and South Carolina — are right-to-work states. And then there’s this president’s sustained rhetorical war against corporate jet owners. Somebody has to make those jets, and Hawker Beechcraft is among the manufacturers indirectly targeted.

Read the whole thing.

Beechcraft has a jet that is capable of meeting the contract. Spends $100m in additional R&D to do so and then is abruptly told its out of the running? The only other contender being a Brazilian firm. So the Obama administration is willing to let a $1Bn contract flow outside our economy and lose up to 21,000 jobs.

But hey, no worries, the jobs are in red states.

1. 2011 November 21 5:58 am

Caddell and company call for Obama to abandon a second term. — http://nationaljournal.com/2012-presidential-campaign/democratic-pollsters-obama-should-abandon-run-for-second-term-20111120

The numbers they are seeing must be the north end of landslide territory.

2. 2011 November 21 6:04 am

Another billion to Brazil.

That’s a great way to celebrate Super Committee Fail Day.

3. 2011 November 21 6:09 am

4. 2011 November 21 6:11 am

Now I don’t know whether to learn Portugese or Chinese!!!! I want to be able to talk to our new masters…I just don’t know who that will be at this point.

I do know that America will be sujugated by someone if we don’t kick the treasonous Resident of the White House, OUT of the White House!!

5. 2011 November 21 6:11 am

drdog, the A/P called it a “standing ovation”…no kidding.

6. 2011 November 21 6:15 am

7. 2011 November 21 6:25 am

I see several possibilities:

1. A major Democratic backer r friend of Obama owns a major share of Embraer. If you remember, the U.S. Import/Export Bank loaned $2 BILLION to Brazil’s Petrobras after George Soros made a major investment in the company
    2. Perhaps Obama and the unions are trying to teach non-union companies with plants in right to work states a lesson
    3. Perhaps Obama is trying to play the role of “Mr. Big” with the Brazilians

This country had best start looking out for #1. NAFTA has been an absolute disaster to the U.S. Worker.

Our politicians have been selling us out since WWII. We need a principled leader who is going to consistently act in the best interests of the United States and its people. That ain’t Mitt. That ain’t Rick Perry. And sorry JR, that ain’t Newt.

8. 2011 November 21 6:25 am

1949

thx IP.

The Democrat mantra hasn’t changed…but back then the incredible optimism and energy of the Greatest Generation led to DDE being elected instead of Adlai Stephenson in 1952, and the Socialist dreams were temporaily derailed. Now they’re just hitting their stride!!!

9. 2011 November 21 6:28 am

JR #4 – First you’d better start learning Canadian. eh?

So, who do you like in the Grey Cup: the Winnipeg Blue Bombers or the British Columbia Lions, eh?

10. 2011 November 21 6:31 am

bc3b…I keep asking you “WHO?”

It’s like we’re at a Baskin Robbins…and you keep ordering a rib-eye steak medium-rare. I like rib-eyes as well as the next guy…but they don’t sell them here!!! Furthermore, several of the choices they DID have when we walked in have MELTED (Bachmann, Palin, Pawlenty, Perry, Christie). And several of the other “flavors” (Paul, Santorum) have melted and been re-frozen so many times they STINK! We’ve got Cain, Gingrich and Romney…you want a single or double scoop???

11. 2011 November 21 6:31 am

bc, you better get up to Wasilla and start convincing the snowbilly.

Are those 100 reporters still up there?

12. 2011 November 21 6:49 am

mullet –

Putting it in Newt’s terms, “If she is looking for somebody to kiss her butt, I would act as a patriot.”

13. 2011 November 21 6:49 am
    RepublicanPundit permalink

The Tea Party backs Newt 100% and we will decide who the next president will be, not the news media

14. 2011 November 21 6:50 am

What Obama is doing is the equivalent of Economic Apartheid.

No President since the postwar period has won an election without a preponderance of the Southern states. Those Southern states are all right to work states.

15. 2011 November 21 6:57 am

This morning from Gallup: Romney 20; Gingrich 19; Cain 16; Paul 10; Perry 8; Bachmann 5:

16. 2011 November 21 6:58 am

RP –

100%? Where did you get that from?

17. 2011 November 21 7:00 am

bc3b…I guess my Baskin-Robbins menu looks about right! 🙂

18. 2011 November 21 7:01 am

New political system defined —

INEPTOCRACY: (in-ep-toc’-ra-cy) – A system of government where the least capable to lead, are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

19. 2011 November 21 7:09 am

drdog…I wish that wasn’t so accurate…really.

20. 2011 November 21 7:11 am
    RepublicanPundit permalink

B3: don’t you know that I am the leader of the Tea Party?

21. 2011 November 21 7:20 am

bc3b…and I’m the guy behind the counter at Baskin-Robbins asking you: “Do you want an ice cream or what???”

22. 2011 November 21 7:22 am

this video is of robots the size of a quarter that can move and think “collectively”. It’s interesting from a scientific standpoint (its purpose). BUT…after watching it I realized how it also replicates the OWS infestations!!!!

23. 2011 November 21 7:22 am

JR, do you serve the Romney cone? Comes in one flavor, vanilla. Has no crunch and no point.

24. 2011 November 21 7:27 am

O/T Seattle Mariners Player Murdered in Netherlands (apparently by his brother)

Murder, kidnapping, etc. It’s been a tough season for Major League ballplayers.

25. 2011 November 21 7:36 am

drdog: “do you serve the Romney cone? Comes in one flavor, vanilla”

Yes we do!!! And though it only comes in one flavor, we label it “Chocolate, Strawberry”, etc. That’s where the rest of our “31 Flavors” come from.

We have “Cain”, “Gingrich” and 29 “Romneys”

26. 2011 November 21 7:37 am

JR #21 –

Unlike many here, I have not been making weekly trips to Baskin-Robbins. Others, who will remain unamed, seem to be trying a different flavor every month.

I am among the 19% in the Gallup sampling that is undecdided or simply believes the entire field sucks. I have not contributed to any of the GOP hopefuls.

My basic philosophy is: If you know that ice cream tastes like crap, don’t try the flavor of the month. In fact, if it’s that bad, don’t eat any of it until you are forced to (which for me if February 28).

27. 2011 November 21 7:41 am

There used to be an ice cream chain called Bressler’s 33 Flavors. Those two extra flavors must have really sucked.

28. 2011 November 21 7:50 am
    judyt2012 permalink

DRDOG — but doesn’t the Romney “vanilla” cone have the broadest appeal so that we can bring in the tutti-frutti eaters, the chocolate fans, etc … Isn’t giving everyone vanilla exactly what socialism/communism and the OWS folks are all about.

Let’s hear it for the capitalism of Baskin-Robbins and those 30/40 flavors of ice cream.

29. 2011 November 21 7:50 am
    RepublicanPundit permalink

B3. Seriously, I get lots of correspondence from Tea Party groups daily and, so far, Gingrich is acceptable to them and me.

30. 2011 November 21 7:51 am

Well guilty of `follow the leader`. However one dropped out, Palin, so I was forced to select another. I passed on Perry, I knew he was a wimp. I swung to Cain as he appeared viable, and to a certain extent still is. But I am leaning to Newt, warts and all. We need someone who will fight. Romney won’t. He’s a mechanic like Perry.

Romney as nominee is equivalent to an Obama second term.

31. 2011 November 21 7:52 am

RP, query Eric Odom. He’s a fair sized player in the Tea Party envelope. He’s a vehement anti-Newt.

32. 2011 November 21 7:57 am

Judy, Hmmm could be. My bigger concern is that Romney cannot break 25%. He’s been running for a year now for the position and still can’t break that barrier in the polls. Maybe he does better in the voting, but if ’08 is any indication he might not. Like the snark I said the other night — Then what do we do?

33. 2011 November 21 7:59 am
    RepublicanPundit permalink

Dr. there are those in the Tea Party who want Cain or others, but we will vote for Newt if he wins the nomination. until then, we all have our favorites.

A lot of us support Newt now, the rest will follow.

34. 2011 November 21 8:04 am

RP, no doubt.

35. 2011 November 21 8:10 am
    judyt2012 permalink

bc3 — Well my favorite flavor is no longer being served… seems there are some false vicious rumors about that flavor are going around so it was taken off the menu.

I admit I have been sampling the new ice cream flavors trying to find a flavor I like.

I don’t need to try the one that has been sitting in the case for 4 years. I didn’t like it 4 years ago. Who wants 4 year old ice cream? I still remember the stomach ache from the stale ice cream served in 1996.

Nothing has changed about that flavor… it isn’t new and improved… it certainly didn’t mingle with any of the lesser known flavors over the past 3 years helping them to become popular. Nope, it has been sitting in its own little corner of the freezer.

36. 2011 November 21 8:12 am

Awesome- I decide to eat cleanly for the next few days in preparation for food overload, and y’all are talking about ice cream. LOL!

37. 2011 November 21 8:16 am
    mpthompson permalink

In the finest tradition of “Who’s on First?”, the financial collapse of Europe explained in two minutes.

There will be a test on this after, unfortunately it will be with your investment portfolios.

38. 2011 November 21 8:21 am
    judyt2012 permalink

Romney hasn’t been running for one year… he has been running for 5 … except he wasn’t out there leading during the last 3 years taking on Obama, asserting a leadership or spokesman role for the GOP or conservative causes.

How many times did we ask “Where is Romney”? Romney wasn’t around to help any of the candidates during the last 3 years of elections — none that I saw. He wasn’t front and center working hard to get Republicans elected in 2010. At least I didn’t see anything of him. When has he been taking on Obama during the last 3 years?

39. 2011 November 21 8:24 am

After this conversation, I think I will order a banana split, and tell them to leave the ice cream out.

More gooey walnuts please.

And an extra cherry.

40. 2011 November 21 9:01 am

bc3b: “Others, who will remain unamed, seem to be trying a different flavor every month.”

Guilty, your Honor

In my defense…
    – Bachmann turned out to be Tutti-Frutti
    – Perry turned out to be Cotton-Candy (all poof!)
    – the Palin flavor is no longer being sold

And the Cain flavor, though still on my list, seems to be melting rather fast.

But, oddly, the Newt flavor is holding up well…and seems to bear little resemblance to the ice cream previously marketed under that name!

And Romney? Still vanilla…labeled 29 ways!

41. 2011 November 21 9:46 am
    RepublicanPundit permalink

As long as the flavor is not black kenyon nut, I can eat any flavor.

42. 2011 November 21 10:02 am
    mpthompson permalink

Romney is not Ice Cream, but frozen yogurt left out too long. Still, better than the crap sandwich Obama.

43. 2011 November 21 10:20 am

agreed, MPT & RP…agreed! 🙂

44. 2011 November 21 11:31 am

Good post regarding beechcraft situation Dr. It’s absolute insanity.