It’s Safe to Mock Christians

2011 December 9
by justrand

In the first quarter of the Detroit Lions – Denver Broncos game on October 30th, Lions’ linebacker Stephen Tulloch sacked Tim Tebow hard. Tullock immediately kneeled next to the prone Denver quarterback, in a mockery of Tebow’s habit of praying on-field. Mocking Tim Tebow is such a blast that there is now a term for it: “Tebowing”. If only Tebow was a Muslim…

On December 1st the Canadian Broadcast System ran a “comedy” show mocking the Nativity, with Pamela Anderson cast as the Virgin Mary. Lots of yucking it up by the “Wise Men”, Joseph, et al. Pamela actually kept her clothes on…which was the only surprise in the whole tawdry affair. If only they were mocking the marriage of Mohammed to a 9-year old little girl…

What if…

Abdul Raheeda Hodge (linebacker for the Carolina Panthers), a Muslim, was knocked down hard on a play and while laying on the ground a member of the opposing team came up and mocked kneeling on a prayer rug and praying towards Mecca?

Pamela Anderson was portraying the mother of the 9-year old Aisha, and everyone was yucking it up as Muhammad dragged her into the next room to rape her?

Lawsuits…threats of violence…actual violence…marches…mayhem!

Mocking Christians is safe…VERY safe. Cowards like the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation and Stephen Tulloch KNOW this. If the CBC, and Tulloch want to show some courage then they should try mocking Muslims. They won’t, of course…because they ARE cowards.

Next up, Michael Moore as Jesus; hilarity ensues as it takes 50 Roman legionnaires to hoist his fat ass up on the cross…

1. 2011 December 9 7:40 am

INDEED. Problem for them is- God will not be mocked. Stay tuned…

2. 2011 December 9 8:00 am

One of my favorite signs ever…

God is dead” – Nietzsche
    Nietzsche is dead” – God

3. 2011 December 9 8:04 am

Interestingly one of the Buffalo Bills mocked Palxio Burris of the Jets (pretending to shoot himself in the foot) after scoring a touchdown and received a 15 yard taunting penalty.

While the NFL has more than its share of thugs, Tim Tebow is hardly the only practicing Christian. Greg Jennings, the Packers star wide-out always takes a knee after a TD and when interviewed after the Packers Super Bowl victory was thanking God on the air. Plaxio Burris has started doing it since coming back; maybe he is trying to turn his life aroiund. After he scored a TD, they showed the Lions Kevin Smith praying at the trainer’s table. Smith has had a history of injuries and that was his first game back after being cut.

On the college level, in the Texas game they showed Robert Griffin III, Baylor’s star QB, on one knee making the sign of the cross after throwing a TD pass.

There are a lot of Tim Tebow haters both among players, writers and fans. Perhaps it’s because he is so outspoken about his Christian faith, perhaps it’s a resentment because while he seems to have a very mediocre arm, he is able to lead his team in so many other ways.

4. 2011 December 9 8:22 am

As a Detroiter who has CBC-Windsor as one of his local cable stations, I can testify that (outside of sports) CBC has some of the world’s worst programming. There bused to be a joke among Canadians – Why do 90% of Canadians live within 100 miles of the U.S. border? So, they don’t have to watch CBC.

I will give CBC this: they can telecast hockey better than anyone else. That’s all I will give them.

5. 2011 December 9 8:59 am

Being Christian demands a piety and thick skin beyond most other religions. That we bear up to it is testament to our faith.

6. 2011 December 9 9:08 am
    judyt2012 permalink

I wear a cross. I take it off for x-rays, MRIs, other otherwise required for medical reasons only. I have favorite Bible verses displayed in my office. I am waiting for the day when I am told both make my co-workers uncomfortable. I will respond that the hajib makes me very uncomfortable and nervous and I need my cross and Bible verses to ease my anxiety over the offensive clothing of others.

7. 2011 December 9 9:15 am

judy…I like the cut of your jib! 🙂

8. 2011 December 9 10:32 am

9. 2011 December 9 10:33 am

Second look at Mitt?

(Newt is 200X better folks. The sooner you realize this the better off we’ll be)

10. 2011 December 9 10:35 am

There is no distinctly Native American criminal class…save Congress.
    — Mark Twain

11. 2011 December 9 10:36 am

Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to
    live at the expense of everybody else.
    — Frederic Bastiat, French economist(1801-1850)

12. 2011 December 9 10:36 am

A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which
    debt he proposes to pay off with your money.
    — G. Gordon Liddy

13. 2011 December 9 10:37 am

Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.
    But then I repeat myself.
    — Mark Twain

14. 2011 December 9 10:51 am
    judyt2012 permalink

15. 2011 December 9 11:37 am

judy, the “Twin Towers” was their SECOND attempt to design an expanded living space high up in the building. Their FIRST attempt seemed to offend the Japanese…which the Koreans couldn’t understand either! 🙂

16. 2011 December 9 12:37 pm
    Deckard permalink

ip #16 – two thumbs up for that.

Re: OP – it’s open season on Christians – actually Evangelical Christians (and the Catholics are getting heat too . . . ). But hey – it’s not like we weren’t told by the Author and Finisher of our faith :

“If the world hates you, you know that it has hated Me before it hated you. If you were of the world, the world would love its own; but because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, because of this the world hates you.”

Nevertheless we have a very blessed assurance: “You are from God, little children, and have overcome them; because greater is He who is in you than he who is in the world. ”

Wear persecution with a humble appreciation, I say. We’ve read the ending of The Book – and we know how it all will go down, so to speak.

17. 2011 December 9 1:02 pm

IP, I’ll have ya know I got 3 of the 4 right on the chevy page. flunked the second page tho’. Not much of a nash man in those days…. 🙂

18. 2011 December 9 1:21 pm
    judyt2012 permalink

This is an amusing Additional discussion of the fraud living in the White House.

This comment touched a recent personal event.

one is led to wonder how Obama himself knows what is real and what is not, and how he can keep track of all of the lies and half-truths he has told and had told on his behalf

I plan my next career to be fiction writing. So when something happens in real life that sparks a story idea I try to capture the thought and at the very least do a rough outline of the idea. A couple of weeks ago I was so sparked and since that time have spent many hours recreating, elaborating, inventing and hopefully “artfully shaping” a singular event into a fully formed story.

Yesterday I had the occasion to speak with the person who sparked this creativity. After the conversation ended I was a little miffed and almost contacted the person to express my disappointment. It was several minutes later I realized I already had confused reality with fiction. I attributed my made up actions of my fictional character to the flesh and blood person. 😉

In a matter of days playing around with the fiction, I lost touch with reality. I suspect Obama has been living the lie for so long and his fiction has been so often repeated as fact, that the truth no longer exists in his mind; but, long ago slipped away into white mountains softened by a purple haze.

19. 2011 December 9 1:30 pm

#19,

Judy, but of course. One ends up being so wrapped in the lie your mind can’t separate the two.

20. 2011 December 9 1:38 pm

Eph, that’s a pretty interesting post you put up on the conference call. Mitt yet again appears to be ducking hard questions or the possible source of hard questions. Fact, not that I want to equate the two, but it appears that Mitt is taking a page out of Obama’s playbook. Avoid scrutiny.

21. 2011 December 9 1:42 pm
    Deckard permalink

Off topic – good article from Forbes, exposing zero’s incompetence when it comes to the economy.

The end has a few numbers, percentages, stats – right up Judy’s alley.

22. 2011 December 9 1:45 pm
    judyt2012 permalink

To bring American back from the brink, to stop our decay, to put an end to the socialist slide into destruction we need a fighter. We need to forget about perfect or pretty and find tough, mean, scrappy, and intelligent.

23. 2011 December 9 1:54 pm

24. 2011 December 9 2:14 pm
    judyt2012 permalink

When did a one night stand, a singular sexual encounter turn someone into a mistress?

Doesn’t the word mistress indicate that the man is providing some financial support to the woman? It does not count if she is an employee or staff member who works with/for the person… provided she/he is actually doing some legitimate work?

25. 2011 December 9 2:22 pm

Stripping the TSA of the right to unionize would be a start.

26. 2011 December 9 2:53 pm

Blackburn should have filed to strip the TSA of its existence.

27. 2011 December 9 2:57 pm

“Obama Channels Hugo Chavez, Shows Why He Can’t Lead On The Economy”

The whole premise of the article is wrong. First of all no President really leads on the economy as they have little or no control over it. The whole idea that they do is what has us in this vice. Say you can’t, know you can’t and depoliticize the whole situation and a lot of issues would disappear.

28. 2011 December 9 3:11 pm

28. EXACTLY! 😉

29. 2011 December 9 3:14 pm

Mistress to me always implied an on-going thing or series of encounters, I’ve never really equated it with financial support.

30. 2011 December 9 3:31 pm

The POTUS has no constitutional authority to “run” the economy.

31. 2011 December 9 3:50 pm
    RepublicanPundit permalink

Newt stated a fact and the media goes crazy. He has taken Sarah’s place and has the ab ility to jerk their chain anytime he wants. If one can cause another to have apoplexy, then the one controls the other. This is a simple concept taught in the Senior NCO academies.

32. 2011 December 9 3:53 pm
    RepublicanPundit permalink

…the current “so called” palestinian people are the ones who were kicked out of the other Arab countries (eg..Arafat and his followers) because they were troublemakers.

33. 2011 December 9 3:54 pm
    RepublicanPundit permalink

…and they have never missed an opportunity to “miss an opportunity”. Peace will destroy them and they know it.

34. 2011 December 9 4:20 pm

The Macy’s San Antonio incident where a sales clerk was fired for refusing to let a transgendered male use the ladies changing roon is yet another example of Christian values being trumped.

35. 2011 December 9 4:27 pm
    RepublicanPundit permalink

Judy, you are correct. A mistress is a kept woman. All the rest are just whores.

36. 2011 December 9 4:34 pm

A kept woman – sounds like a whore to me.

37. 2011 December 9 4:54 pm

In keeping with our theme of “Christianity losing ground: Creeping Halel:

38. 2011 December 9 4:55 pm
    RepublicanPundit permalink

KH, one is an expensive whore, the other is a cheap one.

39. 2011 December 9 4:57 pm
    RepublicanPundit permalink

We discussed this yesterday. Looks like Boehner is calling The Resident’s bluff.

40. 2011 December 9 5:05 pm

A couple keepers in this photos of the year slideshow

41. 2011 December 9 5:49 pm
    judyt2012 permalink

#40…exactly

42. 2011 December 9 6:40 pm

43. 2011 December 9 8:41 pm
    HalJordan permalink

Passing this along from a friend of a friend living in Israel –

George Dumbo Bush was the worst president in the history of America (until Obama). America was looted during the reign of Bush. Bush and his cronies (on Wall Street, the defense contractors etc.) looted the Treasury. He destroyed the Republican Party, and he destroyed the USA as a superpower. Bush and the Republicans raped America. They raped Lady Liberty. Lady Liberty is lying in the street with her skirt over her head, broken and bleeding… (and Obama will finish the job…)

Bush greased the skids for Obama.

Egypt is a Sunni Arab country. Iran is a Persian Shiite country. They are enemies. But they team up and join forces to fight against the Great Satan and Little Satan.

I see what is going on, and I know that things are going to get worse, much worse — but I have no control over it, there is nothing I can do to stop it… (I know what needs to be done, but I don’t have any power. If you put me in charge of the country, and gave me executive power for 30 days, I could save America… keep dreaming, ……..) I don’t let it get me crazy. I used to get mad about what’s going on, but now I accept it, what can you do? The Times They Are a-Changin’ — and not for the better… We deserve it… We voted for these corrupt politicians… and now we’re getting what we deserve… serves us right… no one forced us to vote for LBJ, Nixon, Carter, GHW Bush, Clinton, GW Bush, Obama etc… Imagine if Barry Goldwater had won in 1964… He would have been (one of) the greatest president(s) this country ever had… This country wouldn’t have gone down that wrong path that LBJ took us down… but it wasn’t meant to be… (Do you remember that commercial “Daisy” with the little girl counting with the flower petals and a nuke going off? because of that stupid commercial LBJ won…and also sympathy for JFK’s assassination…) and look where America is today…

There Is Nothing New Under the Sun… Open up your Bible — Ecclesiastes 1:9…

Yes, in Israel there are horrible divisions… secular vs. religious, “ultra-Orthodox” vs. national religious (religious Zionists), secular vs. “settlers” (a PC term, that is inaccurate), Ashkenazim vs. Sephardim, etc. etc. etc. There are terrible divisions even and especially amongst the religious… you have no idea… Litvish vs. Chassidish… (my) yeshiva vs. (your) yeshiva… (my) Chassidus vs. (your) Chassidus… my synagogue vs. your synagogue etc… It is crazy… you have no idea what goes on… A House Divided Cannot Stand… This is insanity…

If Gingrich wins the Republican nomination, he will lose to Obama by 30 points… If Gingrich is the nominee, then the Tea Party will have failed miserably. Gingrich is everything that the Tea Party rails against… Will the Tea Party support Gingrich if he is the Republican nominee? How could they? How could they not? The Tea Party is finished… If you liked Bush-Rove Republicanism, you’ll love Newt Gingrich…

The way the game is played is that Obama will get 8 years… I’ve said all along that Obama will get 8 years… That’s the way the game is played…

Rick Moran (AmericanThinker) is clueless. He wrote about the suicide bombing against the Shiites in Afghanistan, “Let’s hope this is an isolated, albeit tragic, incident.”… Hahaha… The second after Mohammed died, there was an argument over who his successor would be, and the Sunnis and Shiites have been killing each other for the last 1400 years (over who is the successor, and who are the real Muslims, the others are infidels, it is a religious obligation to wage Jihad — Holy War — against them, against their fellow Muslims)… We need to get out of their way and let them kill each other…

44. 2011 December 9 9:11 pm

That is an insult to whores. Whores are capitalists who get paid for their services. Mistresses are just consumers.

45. 2011 December 10 6:13 am
    JBoz permalink

Judy –

“I plan my next career to be fiction writing.”

and

“…but, long ago slipped away into white mountains softened by a purple haze.”

OK, that’s good enough for me. I will definitely buy your first novel. In fact, I want an autographed copy. But get busy. Every best seller had to first transcend the event horizon of its writers own imagination in order to manifest onto paper.

46. 2011 December 10 6:24 am
    JBoz permalink

Dear AttackWatch,

For the past 3 years, there is one particular individual who has been publicly making the President look like a complete idiot. Please do something about this. This individual’s name is Barack Obama.

Kind Regards,

JBoz

47. 2011 December 10 6:31 am
    RepublicanPundit permalink

HJ,

Exactly right. This will continue until Christ Returns.

48. 2011 December 10 6:32 am

excellent, JBoz!!

note to Romney fans…
    and

MOTHER freaking JONES???????????????

Team Romney thinks snuggling up to “Progressive” new media and intentionally shunning Conservative new media is a good idea???

49. 2011 December 10 6:48 am

Ruck fomney

50. 2011 December 10 6:59 am

indeed, IP…and the Silver Spoon he rode in on.

What in the hell was Romney and/or his “team” thinking? Because they managed to alienate the very people/organizations Romney needs if he is to run as a Conservative. Oh, wait…

51. 2011 December 10 7:41 am

Once a lib always a lib. (nuck fewt while we’re at it.)