Meet the New Anti-Christ

2011 December 16

The anti-Christ to the left that is.

Tim Tebow really doesn’t have much of a direct effect on the lives of many people. He can’t raise or lower taxes, declare war on other countries or issue executive orders that affect over 300 million people. He can’t send people to jail or create jobs or destroy the economy.

Obviously he has had a dramatic effect on the lives of the Denver Broncos football players and the happiness of their fans. And he has affected the lives of the Broncos’ opponents and their fans, but why the outpouring of hate that has taken place as the Broncos moved to the top of the AFC West?

Tim Tebow is hardly the only the only religious Christian in the NFL. The Packers all-star wideout Greg Jennings is also a devout Christian and being a couple years older than Tebow, Jennings was “tebowing” at Western Michigan University before it was known as “tebowing” and he continues to do so in the NFL. Jennings caught a TD pass in last year’s Super Bowl and in a post game interview praised God and thanked Him for making it all possible.

If you’ve watched the Jets, even Plaxico Burress is taking a knee after scoring a touchdown this year … perhaps because he is trying to turn his life around or perhaps because he wants to thank God for giving him a second chance.

There are several reasons why nut-jobs like Bill Press hate Tebow so much:

1. Sarah Palin isn’t running for President so they need an outlet for spewing their hate
  2. Tebow is white. Greg Jennings is black. It’s more acceptable to bash a white Christian than a black Christian
  3. Perhaps it’s because his ability to inspire and lead overshadows his athletic abilities. Rather than just throwing touchdown passes, he has had an effect on the entire Broncos team
  4. Tim Tebow is gaining a national following and becoming a role model. Crackpots like Press would prefer role models like Kobe Bryant or perhaps Chicago Bears wide receiver Samuel Hurd has been arrested and charged with conspiracy to distribute large quantities of cocaine and marijuana, U.S. authorities said yesterday

But perhaps, just as with Sarah Palin, the hatred directed at Tebow boils down to the “A” word. The left hates Sarah Palin more than it hates any other conservative. One of the major reasons is because Sarah opted to give birth to Trig rather than abort him. Doctors recommended that Tim Tebow’s mother have an abortion. Like Sarah, Pam Tebow opted against having an abortion. The result was a young man that won a Heisman Trophy, led his college team to the national Championship and now is the talk of the NFL. And the left hates him for it and fears that Tim Tebow is becoming a positive Christian role model for America’s young people.

The Super Bowl Commercial.

Hat tip: Greg Jennings Foundation and Reuters

Tim Tebow is hardly the only devout Christian in the NFL. So, why the hate?

1. 2011 December 16 9:27 am

Tim Tebow isn’t JUST a Christian…he spoke out STRONGLY and effectively for LIFE!

the Pro-Life video he made a while back still infuriates the Left.

Tim Tebow shouldn’t even EXIST!!!! How DARE Tim Tebow’s mom have refused to abort him??

2. 2011 December 16 9:40 am

JR –

I am sure that Tim Tebow has some women questioning themselves. What would my aborted son or duaghter be like? Did I make a trajic mistake?

The left doesn’t want these questions asked.

3. 2011 December 16 9:49 am
    janzam permalink

I don’t wear religion on my sleeve. However, God is my foundation, my north star, if you will, every day. When I see and hear Tebow’s steadfast commitment to God, unbent by other’s criticism, but also not pushing his religiosity onto anyone, just following his own heart and beliefs, it is not only inspiring but offers a sense of serenity to my day. He has become a wonderful role model….

4. 2011 December 16 10:01 am

Janzam –

The same thing is true of Greg Jennings. I don’t if you clicked on the link to his foundation.

Think what a great example to black youth jennings is, especially compared to the tattooed, trash talking black athletes who have multiple children out of wedlock with different women. But the media prefers to sensationalize the gangster-types.

5. 2011 December 16 10:09 am
    judyt2012 permalink

I am sure that Tim Tebow has some women and men questioning themselves. What would my aborted son or duaghter be like? Did I make a trajic mistake? Should I have not encouraged my wife to get an abortion. Should I have not walked out on my pregnant girlfriend? Should I have welcomed the pregnancy as a reason for joy and optimism instead of another restriction of my freedom?

For all the talk of abortion being a woman’s choice there are just as many men who celebrate and encourage that choice.

As to Bill Press… to be sure this former altar boy is no doubt a lapse Catholic and really pissed as hell that his 2008 prediction that the conservative movement was dead was as wrong as he is.

6. 2011 December 16 10:21 am

Yes very odd for the Libs to think taking a knee is apoplectic. considering 1.2bn people do this —

7. 2011 December 16 10:21 am
    janzam permalink

bc

No, I haven’t clicked onto that link. He sounds like a bookend to Tebow, though. There is some kind of internal grace to people who quietly exhibit their convictions of faith, morals, courage ad infinitum. They do so not to impress but to be what they espouse to be true. These are the men and women who I pay tribute to — deeds over words is the real thing.

8. 2011 December 16 10:24 am

drdog09 –

Maybe if Tebow had his a$$ in the air ….

9. 2011 December 16 10:34 am
    janzam permalink

Gratitude is one of the most warming, generous feelings to have. Tebow showing gratitude, paying tribute to his God, only strengthens his abilities and his game, IMO.

10. 2011 December 16 10:41 am

8, could be, could be.

11. 2011 December 16 10:43 am

Tebow is a threat not for the simple act of faith. He is a threat because his belief in something bigger than himself other than the State destroys the State’s authority.

12. 2011 December 16 10:52 am

Good point Judy about the men too.

13. 2011 December 16 11:52 am

Nikki Haley endorses Romney – not surprising since he endorses her very early in the SC GOP primary campaign.

14. 2011 December 16 12:43 pm

No wait!! Its purely a church vs state issue in school —

Damn school officials…

15. 2011 December 16 12:50 pm

I’m sure we can all expect the ACLU to come to their defense.

16. 2011 December 16 1:06 pm

drdog09 –

Had they been facing Mecca with their a$$es in the air, there would not have been a problem.

17. 2011 December 16 1:09 pm

German Court Upholds School Ban on Muslim Prayers:

18. 2011 December 16 1:27 pm

19. 2011 December 16 1:32 pm
    beej permalink

Dr. Dog~~~It had better be. Started off her campaign maligning Palin, if I recall…If it’s TRUE, then bad on Newt.

20. 2011 December 16 1:35 pm

At this point I almost wonder if Bachmann has decided to split the vote. She knows she can’t win, so she is going after Newt and will eventually throw support to Romney. Just a muse.

21. 2011 December 16 1:36 pm

drdog09 – #18

I am hoping that two of the three conservatives get eliminated so they don’t split the conservative vote. I want to have a single anti-“Newt Romney.”

22. 2011 December 16 1:46 pm

“?” ON SUICIDE WATCH !!!!!!!

23. 2011 December 16 1:47 pm

“the Pro-Life video he made a while back still infuriates the Left. ”

BINGO!

24. 2011 December 16 1:48 pm

Man the Bears are in a free fall.

Looks like the NFL postseason is going to very quiet this year in the Phoenix area.

LOL

25. 2011 December 16 1:53 pm

ON topic and will make blood shoot out of your eyes: Piece of $#!@ blogger is a piece of $#!@

26. 2011 December 16 2:00 pm

I have always wondered about people like that blogger. Have they every had a discussion with `mom`? What would their reaction be if `mom` said “I wish I had aborted you long ago! Just my conscience would bother me.” I just wonder if that would sink in.

27. 2011 December 16 2:02 pm

All this blogger makes me want to do is put in time at the local pregnancy center/ outreach talking to scared teens about choosing life. Notice how all the folks who are pro-abortion are already born…

28. 2011 December 16 2:15 pm

26. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

29. 2011 December 16 2:15 pm

25 I’ll pass

30. 2011 December 16 2:20 pm

#29 Probably safer for your monitor that way.

31. 2011 December 16 3:07 pm

The wife suggested I get myself one of those penis enlargers, so I did …. she’s 21 and her name’s Lucy.

32. 2011 December 16 3:12 pm
    Deckard permalink

#25 – it’s going to be rotten for her when she reaches eternity and hears the following:

“You encouraged others to follow your example to pay for murdering people you didn’t even know and didn’t even get a chance at life. These are the souls you and others murdered . . . . ”

Imagine having that scenario repeated in front of you – for all eternity.

33. 2011 December 16 3:12 pm

Michelle Bachmann endorses…NEWT GINGRICH!!!!

34. 2011 December 16 3:17 pm

Based on 33 I could envision an exchange —

[Bachmann] Newt is ——– (unflattering comments follow)
    [Newt] Lights please! How odd Michele. Roll video.
    [Newt] What’s changed other than we are rivals now???

35. 2011 December 16 3:23 pm

Beware the cougar

36. 2011 December 16 3:34 pm

Seems like we are fighting a losing battle when boehner and the boys cram through another trillion dollar budget. What the phuque is the point anymore???

37. 2011 December 16 3:37 pm

#36 But at least they read every page of the bill this time! 😀 /unicorn wishes, and fairy fart dreams

38. 2011 December 16 3:40 pm

Eph –

You’re right about the Bears. About a month ago they destroyed the Lions at Soldiers Field and it’s been straight downhill ever since. Cutler gets hurt and the backup is an absolute joke. Forte gets hurt.

If I was a Bears fan I would be really P.O.ed that they didn’t try to pick up an experienced QB.

39. 2011 December 16 3:45 pm
    Deckard permalink

#38 – but they’re playing the SEAHAWKS this weekend – it’s not like they’re the Colts this year . . .

40. 2011 December 16 3:53 pm
    RepublicanPundit permalink

EXTERMINATE LIBERALS!!!

Oh, wait. With abortion, they are exterminating themselves.

41. 2011 December 16 3:55 pm
    RepublicanPundit permalink

When florida played Tennessee, I cussed Tebow for all he was worth, until he spoke about his faith.

42. 2011 December 16 4:34 pm

With three weeks left, the Packers are in a position to equal the Dolphins undefeated season and the Colts can equal the Lions “perfect season.”

43. 2011 December 16 4:37 pm

Sports Illustrated writer says Tebow has transcended sports and is now on a level with celebrities like Lady GaGa and George Clooney:

Not sure if that’s good or bad.

44. 2011 December 16 5:20 pm
    RepublicanPundit permalink

Let me try this again:

Tebow is an affront to the liberal media and I am 100% in his camp!!!

45. 2011 December 16 5:48 pm
    brucefdb permalink

Tim Tebow is this year’s Christmas gift to Christians, from God.

46. 2011 December 16 5:50 pm

RP – hitting the eggnog again? High grade or low grade?

47. 2011 December 16 5:50 pm
    brucefdb permalink

That being said this man will be assailed and attacked by the scribes and pharisees for as long as he is in the public eye.

48. 2011 December 16 6:43 pm

#45 Agreed!!!!!

49. 2011 December 16 6:48 pm

Tebow is a 4th quarter QB. Brady is a 4 quarter QB.
    If the game is still close at the end of the 3rd quarter, Can Tebow work his magic.

The stats say yes……..

Tebow completes 37.5% of his passes from the pocket in three quarters.
    He completes 64.4% in the fourth quarter.

He is second in the league in the 4th quarter with 691 yards.

He is tied for second in the league with 32 first downs.

He produces……so does Brady.

50. 2011 December 16 7:24 pm

have we heard from janzam since Bachmann endorsed Gingrich??? 🙂

51. 2011 December 16 7:40 pm

52. 2011 December 16 9:37 pm
    mpthompson permalink

I often hear that Obama is Carter II. However, I’m listening to the audio book “Liberal Fascism” and it’s clear that Obama really is Wilson II. Given the damage that the Progressive Wilson did to our country I really have to wonder how history might of been different if Teddy Roosevelt hadn’t split the vote and conservative Taft had won re-election. Wilson set in motion much of the Liberal and Progressive BS we had to endure for the last 100 years and Obama is simply following in his footsteps. Sigh…

53. 2011 December 17 6:12 am