McCain 2008 Opposition File on Romney

2012 January 18

Via Andy Kaczynski—below the fold.

I’ve read some conjecture that it’s not authentic, however, at BuzzFeed Kaczynski writes that some of it had already been posted at RedState, and he links to a RedState pdf. In Erick Erickson’s Mitt Romney: The Magically Malleable Man of Mystery of October 31, 2011, he stated the McCain opposition book was given to him twice, and he quotes from it—enough, in my opinion, to corroborate the authenticity of the document from Kaczynski.

Some of it’s well-known, but that doesn’t mean it isn’t news especially because of its concentrated form and the juxtaposition of dates and quotes. While I knew of Romney’s various views on abortion, I didn’t know he’d varied his opinion/label within a ten day span. From pages 20–21:

In Early 2007, Romney Gave South Carolina Audiences Conflicting Answers On His Abortion Position

Romney In South Carolina, January 29:

“Over the last multiple years, as you know, I have been effectively pro-choice … I never called myself that as a label but I was effectively pro-choice and that followed a personal experience in my extended family that led to that conclusion.”
(Bruce Smith, “Romney Campaigns In SC With Sen. DeMint,” The Associated Press, 1/30/07)

Romney In South Carolina, February 8:

“I am firmly pro-life … I was always for life.”
(Jim Davenport, “Romney Affirms Abortion Opposition During Stop In SC,” The Associated Press, 2/8/07)

McCain 2008 Oppo File on Romney:

1. 2012 January 18 3:01 pm

Thanks for this, INC! We talked about it a little this morning, but I do think it needed more attention!!!! There are some things in there worth noting!!!!

2. 2012 January 18 3:08 pm

Gee I wonder if RR has posted this over at HHR yet?? 😛

3. 2012 January 18 3:11 pm

but…but…Romney is perfect and UNBEATABLE!!

You WILL kneel before him…OBEY!!!

Seriously…with one BILLION bucks (and at least that much more in PAC and Union money)…Obama is going to use ALL this to filet Romney!

And Romney is CRAP at fighting back.

Newt is flawed as hell, folks. BUT, he is a UFC champ at fighting back!!!

Today Bill Clinton took swipes at…GINGRICH! Why? Because Bill and the rest of the Dems WANT and NEED Romney.

Tomorrow night’s debate should be “interesting! 🙂

4. 2012 January 18 3:16 pm

btw…how DARE the Republicans have a debate on Thursday!!!

Thursday is named after the Norse god Thor. In the Norse languages this day is called Torsdag.

Hence the Republicans are (a) pagans, (b) WARLIKE and (c) having this debate on a VERY Anglo-Saxon day (I mean, NORSE…come on!!)

…..
    (just in case ya’ll missed the Democrats having a snit fit over the Republicans DARING to have a debate on MLK Day…even though the Democrats had THEIR debate on MLK Day in 2008).

5. 2012 January 18 3:18 pm
    Deckard permalink

I wonder if Reagan – who supposedly was campaigning as a “moderate”, would have the same record on same-sex issues that Romney does.

I think not.

Oh – and I wonder how his stances on same-sex issues fit in with his Mormon faith . . . . seems to me he would be against Prop 8 out here in California, even though the various LDS organizations did try to garner support to get it passed. Seems like he would be in defiance of his own faith . . .

6. 2012 January 18 3:22 pm

#5 But….Joel Osteen hearts him, so he must be great, right? HAHAHAHAHAHA

7. 2012 January 18 3:23 pm

You WILL kneel before him…OBEY!!!

8. 2012 January 18 3:28 pm

LITTLE KNOWN TIDBIT OF NAVAL HISTORY

The U. S. S.. Constitution (Old Ironsides), as a combat vessel, carried 48,600 gallons of fresh water for her crew of 475 officers and men. This was sufficient to last six months of sustained operations at sea. She carried no evaporators (i.e. fresh water distillers).

However, let it be noted that according to her ship’s log, “On July 27, 1798, the U.S.S. Constitution sailed from Boston with a full complement of 475 officers and men, 48,600 gallons of fresh water, 7,400 cannon shot, 11,600 pounds of black powder and 79,400 gallons of rum.”

Her mission: “To destroy and harass English shipping.”

Making Jamaica on 6 October, she took on 826 pounds of flour and 68,300 gallons of rum.
    Then she headed for the Azores , arriving there 12 November.. She provisioned with 550 pounds of beef and 64,300 gallons of Portuguese wine.

On 18 November, she set sail for England . In the ensuing days she defeated five British men-of-war and captured and scuttled 12 English merchant ships, salvaging only the rum aboard each.

By 26 January, her powder and shot were exhausted. Nevertheless, although unarmed she made a night raid up the Firth of Clyde in Scotland . Her landing party captured a whisky distillery and transferred 40,000 gallons of single malt Scotch aboard by dawn. Then she headed home.
    The U. S. S. Constitution arrived in Boston on 20 February 1799, with no cannon shot, no food, no powder, no rum, no wine, no whisky, and 38,600 gallons of water.

Maybe we should reinstitute the rum ration….

9. 2012 January 18 3:32 pm

10. 2012 January 18 3:35 pm

Anyone have any idea about the bombshell campaign interview that Drudge is highlighting?

11. 2012 January 18 3:38 pm

JM,

Be on the look-out for KOS trolls

INC,

Great thread

12. 2012 January 18 3:38 pm

BC,

Care to comment regarding the content of this thread???

13. 2012 January 18 3:39 pm

6. Yikes!

Remember Pat Robertson endorsing Rudy in 2008 ???

14. 2012 January 18 3:40 pm

JM, you’re welcome. I like the Scribd docs because you can scroll up and down and read whatever you like without reloading, uploading or downloading anything.

Many of the references are things we’ve read or heard about, but there are some things that were new to me. As I said, the concentration and juxtaposition make it tough to defend that Romney has settled into consistent policy.

From the contents, there’s an issue there for everyone! 🙂 Don’t miss health care starting on page 100!

I’ve skimmed sections. Check out the top hits if you don’t want to read the entire thing.

15. 2012 January 18 3:42 pm

16. 2012 January 18 3:44 pm

Dr. D., ouch. (or do I mean, bc? Sorry–brain isn’t in gear).

AP says it old news, however, old news gets reframed by circumstances. Some things get lost when the nomination is lost.

17. 2012 January 18 3:46 pm

18. 2012 January 18 3:46 pm

“Our nominees really SUCK folks. Now I’m getting pissed. This is worse than 1996!”

Do I care to comment? Why should I, Eph when you’ve said exactly what I am thinking?

19. 2012 January 18 3:47 pm

Little granny from Little Elm, Texas gets gun on plane before TSA finds out. — http://www.myfoxdfw.com/dpp/news/Plane-Left-Gate-With-Gun-on-Board-DFW-Airport-Says-011812

20. 2012 January 18 3:53 pm

We have the following choices:
    * Two totally unprincipled candidates – neither of whom is a true conservative and both of whom would sell us out in a heartbeat
    * A more principled conservative who could put a kindergarten class back to sleep again right after they arose from nap time.
    * A man who can’t remember three things from his campaign plan on national TV
    * A nut-job

Not a pretty picture.

21. 2012 January 18 3:55 pm
    RepublicanPundit permalink

If you all will note, I quit blogging about the debates. It is a worthless waste of time. When it gets down to the primaries, I will vote for the most conservative one standing.

22. 2012 January 18 3:59 pm

23. 2012 January 18 4:08 pm

BC,

The minimum payment of $400?? In CA? I find that hard to believe but it is what the article states. CA I believe is a prorata ability to pay state. Child support is only for the little people!

24. 2012 January 18 4:26 pm

Drudge Alert:
    “NEWT EX-WIFE UNLOADS ON CAMERA; ABC DEBATES ‘ETHICS’ OF AIRING BEFORE PRIMARY”

25. 2012 January 18 4:30 pm

KnightHawk #25

From what I have read, Jackie (Wife #1) is willing to forgive and forget, but Maryanne (Wife #2) is quite vindictive.

26. 2012 January 18 4:30 pm

One would expect the media to withhold this info so as to PROTECT NEWT, as they
    see him as being easier for obammer to defeat in the general.

27. 2012 January 18 4:31 pm

Hell hath no fury~~~ etc etc.

28. 2012 January 18 4:33 pm
    Deckard permalink

JR #24 – according to allahpundit over at HA yesterday, Perry was ranked 3rd – IN TEXAS.

Meanwhile, Sheila Jackson-Lee is off her meds again: http://www.therightscoop.com/sheila-jackson-lee-calling-obama-a-food-stamp-president-is-code/

Let’s do a little math Sheila: blacks make up how much of the population? According to the 2010 U.S. census, it’s 12.6%. Latinos make up how much of the population? 16.3%.

Non-Hispanic whites? 63.7%

Persons below poverty level in 2009? 14.3%

Using statistics alone makes her argument null and void.

Darlin’ that race card has been pulled way too much – and is now worth about as much as the proverbial paper it is printed upon.

One of my favorite quotes about Sheila:

“Rumor has it that Sheila Jackson Lee is actually Cynthia McKinney on meds. This is as well as she gets.

You should have seen her when she was Maxine Waters!”

29. 2012 January 18 4:36 pm

ABC DEBATES ‘ETHICS’ OF

😆 HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Killed. Me. Dead. 😆

30. 2012 January 18 4:40 pm

#26 Yikes.

31. 2012 January 18 4:49 pm

ABC wouldn’t know an ethic if it bit them in the butt.

32. 2012 January 18 4:51 pm

Drudge on Maryanne’s Interview with ABC:

Maryanne had said that she could destroy Newt with a single interview.

33. 2012 January 18 4:53 pm

“Eph…at least if Gingrich is our nominee our candidate won’t suck as bad as 2008.”

JR – Isn’t that kinda like saying the Lions didn’t suck as bad the year they went 2-14 as compared to when they went 0-16?

At least we’re getting (hopefully) all this stuff out in the primaries rather than the general.

34. 2012 January 18 4:56 pm

The media will use the interview any way they can to hurt Newt.

Trust me, they and the DNC watched the debate the other night too…and they are deathly afraid of having Newt rip Obama and the media apart on National TV during the Prensidential debates.

They KNOW, as we do, that Obama can dance all around Romney and not break a sweat.

ABC went to Newt’s ex-wife to try and get some Newt STOPPERS…and they appear to think they have them. We’ll see.

Oh, and don’t forget…in October there will all of a sudden surface “something about Romney”. If it’s true it will happen early in October…if it’s false it will happen late…too late to be refuted. But it WILL happen!

35. 2012 January 18 4:57 pm

#33 Here is what I want to know. Does she have more than just that he cheated? Welcome to population lots of people. Lots of people have cheated, lots have been the victims of it. I know that hurts, and can leave emotional scars, BUT, it is the “what else does she have” that I want to know, and will it be more than conjecture on her part?

36. 2012 January 18 5:00 pm

JR #24

Aren’t the terms “Erick Erickson” and “good advice” mutually exclusive?

37. 2012 January 18 5:00 pm

mpt, Obama and the media will marginalize, demonize and crush Romney.

IF Romney selects Allen West or Marco Rubio he MIGHT generate some enthusiasm. But Mittens will most likely choose a “safe” candidate…Pawlenty or some such. And then Romney will lose gracefully.

and the anguish won’t “go away” if Romney get the nomination…if will just get worse!

38. 2012 January 18 5:02 pm

You can bet the media and the DNC have huge dossiers on every GOP candidate and that they are holding off releasing the worst until after one secures the nomination. They developed the procedure with Sarah Palin in 2008 and are just perfecting it.

39. 2012 January 18 5:04 pm

27 – To be honest if I was abc I would hold the piece with a person with a known agenda till sunday morning, then run it. I get all the ratings associated with the primary that may be getting closer, and then I air this after to crush any potential upset that happen in SC or if no upset happened create a new firestorm heading into FL all the while being able to say I rightfully held it for a few days so close to the primary. Course the leaking to drudge part is brilliant cause it’s like airing it early and still getting to claim otherwise.

40. 2012 January 18 5:05 pm

“Obama and the media will marginalize, demonize and crush Romney whoever becomes the GOP nominee.

The only difference whether it’s Romney, Gingrich, Santorum, Perry or Paul is the point of attack. I would be very surprised if Democratic leaders have not already met with media executives to discuss the plan of attack.

Look at the attack on Palin in 2008. Meanwhile, MSM failed to provide coverage on Barack Obama, Sr., Frank Marshall, Little Barack’s time in Indeonesia, at Pepperdine, at Columbia (when he was supposedly involved with socialist groups), as a community organizer, as a member of the Illinois State Senate, Tony Rezko, Moo-Chelle’s $319k a year job, his association with Rev. Wright and dozens of other things.

41. 2012 January 18 5:08 pm

29 – When has she ever been on her medication is my question?

42. 2012 January 18 5:10 pm

America is a pretty big place. Filled with lots of people. Lots of upstanding, honest, skeleton-free people with leadership qualities and charisma…and we get these jokers. Then again, the sheeple hearted Obama when his closet was the most skeleton filled of the bunch, so I’m not sure where I was going with this.

43. 2012 January 18 5:10 pm

43. Funny someone else was just saying that to me. It’s exactly why I as a general rule don’t trust scorned women or ex-anythings very much without proof, they tend to say anything, truth often is an after thought at best.

44. 2012 January 18 5:13 pm

I wonder how much she got paid for all this, and not from ABC.

45. 2012 January 18 5:15 pm

KH #41 –

Currently, it’s supposed to air Monday.

46. 2012 January 18 5:16 pm

They’re divorced…sometimes that causes people to get upset. Ya know?

But once again, it takes Newt OFF message just when he has momentum. Just like Iowa.

The media is getting DESPERATE in their pushing of Romney on us. Anybody but Romney gets the treatment. Romney won’t get it until AFTER he gets the nomination.

This is McCain redux…and it stinks.

47. 2012 January 18 5:18 pm

This is McCain redux…and it stinks.

Indeed.

48. 2012 January 18 5:21 pm

If Romney gets thne nomination it will NOT NOT NOT be because he is the “best candiate”. It will be because old style politics saw to it that all his rivals were “dealt with”

Remember, when Perry rose up they were already trashing him (remember “the rock” in Texas???) Perry’s “Oops” just saved him from more savaging.

Cain…GONE. Same thing: personal “allegations”
    Now Gingrich.

Romney has spent the last 3 years snuggling up to ALL the Republican power brokers…and theyv’e got his back.

At least we know what Romney REALLY stands for, right? Ok…we don’t. But did you know he’s been married to the same women all along???

49. 2012 January 18 5:22 pm

“I wonder how much she got paid for all this, and not from ABC.”

My guess is that she would have done it without any compensation. I have read her statement “I could end his career with a single interview” long before anyone took Newt’s candidacy seriously.

There are a lot of rumors about Newt having affairs or one-nighters with a number of women during his marriages (and dating back to the 1970s). We will see what comes out when the interview is airred.

Of the Seven Deadly sins, Mitt majored in Avarice & Greed while Newt dabbled in a number of them.

50. 2012 January 18 5:24 pm

48. Seems perfectly fair timeline to me (minus the early leak).

51. 2012 January 18 5:26 pm

53. Indeed on the no compensation part – she’s been wanting to do this for like a year.

52. 2012 January 18 5:28 pm

The leak says to me [after the fact]: we never said she was going to say anything new. How were we to know you wouldn’t vote for him on the 1% chance she did?

53. 2012 January 18 5:31 pm

Lets speculate on what might “end his career”, because if affairs haven’t done it, what could?

He beat her?
    Had a thing for goats? [though this one may not hurt him in certain circles]
    Killed someone?
    ___________?

54. 2012 January 18 5:32 pm

The most damning thing Maryanne could do is to drop a bombshell on Newt that wasn’t sexual, perhaps something related to ethics that wasn’t sexual. Wives know a great deal about men’s lives – including a lot of things we think they don’t know.

As vindictive as Maryanne seems, she probably started building a diary the moment she suspected Newt of infidility, perhaps even before Callista.

55. 2012 January 18 5:33 pm

52. Perry didn’t crater over that Rock bullsh1t as much as the media would have liked, sorry perry shot himself in the head with his first debate and the heartless bullshit, and right about the time people might have started giving him a second shot he had the opps gaffe. Both were is own making, sure it was egged on by the media but that’s par for the course. Cain I think got a more raw deal from the press, but then a good portion of his downfall was of his own making as well.

56. 2012 January 18 5:34 pm

59. Yup, I agree it’s “other” stuff that would be most damaging.

57. 2012 January 18 5:35 pm

#59 That is all I can think as well. Something not cheating related.

58. 2012 January 18 5:36 pm

The damning thing for Cain was the last woman. I never called a woman at 4:30 AM unless I was in love or lust.

59. 2012 January 18 5:40 pm

JM –

Think about all the things you know about your husband. Suppose he was having an affair and left you for another woman. Think of all the things you could use against him … after you castrated him with the electric hedge trimmers.

60. 2012 January 18 5:47 pm

#63 Especially since his wife knew nothing about her. His wife is who I felt sorriest for. Cain could have done more in the beginning, since the first allegations were stupid- but that last one? That one hurt. About her though? I hope she is happy with herself. Same with Newt’s ex. If an ex of mine were running in an election against someone as horrid as Obama- I would consider myself to be a traitor to my country for putting myself and my drama over the needs of the American people. Their need for attention had better pay off for Romney (don’t read into that because I think you know what I mean), but I still don’t think it will.

You may laugh at this, but in the month before the election, all that needs to be trumpeted by the media is that Romney is a Mormon. Nothing good/bad about Mormonism needs to be said, either. Just that he is one. The Evangelical community wouldn’t vote for him last time around because of that, and that was without the reminder. If they did tear apart the religion though? It would be line by line, lmao because these same folks in the media dismiss muslims entirely as peaceful without even making a peep as to what they really believe. Do Evangelicals want Obama out? Yes, but do not underestimate the giant negative that his Mormonism actually is. FWIW Obama calls himself a Christian. Actions, schmactions, I know. Just sayin.

61. 2012 January 18 5:50 pm

#64 Again though- I couldn’t do it. That is just me though.

62. 2012 January 18 5:59 pm

Wow! No trolls so far. I thought for sure we would be under attach by now.

63. 2012 January 18 6:03 pm

I have known a number of Mormons in my life. Most have been good people. I remember in the Chicago suburbs 25 years ago when my wife had a baby and a neighbor that we didn’t know all that well brought over a dinner she had cooked. She was Mormon; we are not. When I has head of the homeowners association, the Mormons just completed a temple on the edge of our subdivision and invited us to use their facilities for our meetings.

Mormons stick together and help one another succeed, which is probably why they are so successful. The Marriotts helped George Romney, which is why Mitt’s real name is Willard. I worked with a Mormom woman who was sick over the fact her daughter was attending a local public university when “Mormons can go to Brigham Young practically for no cost.”

My experiences with Mormons have been positive, but I am sure MSM will be emphasizing polygamy, etc.

64. 2012 January 18 6:09 pm
    judyt2012 permalink

INC… thank you. You are a wonderful, dear and brave lady.

65. 2012 January 18 6:12 pm

#68 I have known some great folks who are Mormons as well, but that is not the point. It won’t be the point they make either. Instead of the way they treat muslims (All American muslim, anyone?), it will be “Mormons bad” alllllllll the time. Like I said though, they don’t even have to do that, because just a casual mention of it will entice reactions of “I have heard that they believe such and such. I won’t research it, because so and so said…”.

66. 2012 January 18 6:12 pm
    LongBus permalink

good new guys!

PRESIDENT – FLORIDA (GSSG)
    Mitt Romney (R) 47%
    Barack Obama (D-inc) 42%

PRESIDENT – OHIO (GSSG)
    Mitt Romney (R) 47%
    Barack Obama (D-inc) 40%

PRESIDENT – NEVADA (GSSG)
    Mitt Romney (R) 49%
    Barack Obama (D-inc) 38%

PRESIDENT – NEW MEXICO (GSSG)
    Mitt Romney (R) 45%
    Barack Obama (D-inc) 45%

PRESIDENT – VIRGINIA (GSSG)
    Mitt Romney (R) 47%
    Barack Obama (D-inc) 44%

PRESIDENT – WISCONSIN (GSSG)
    Mitt Romney (R) 44%
    Barack Obama (D-inc) 43%

67. 2012 January 18 6:12 pm
    brucefdb permalink

I wish I could say this was my original thought but I must say I would really like to see Newt Gingrich as Sarah Palin’s press secretary!
    :mrgreen:

68. 2012 January 18 6:13 pm
    brucefdb permalink

Longbus….are there any polls with a conservative in them?

69. 2012 January 18 6:13 pm
    judyt2012 permalink

Mitt’s investments in the Caymans are legal but that will not matter to Obama they will play that up to no end, especially when you add that Bain made $$$ while US taxpayers lost money on the same deals.

Legal capitalism will not matter.

70. 2012 January 18 6:14 pm

PRESIDENT – NEW MEXICO (GSSG)
    Mitt Romney (R) 45%
    Barack Obama (D-inc) 45%

PRESIDENT – VIRGINIA (GSSG)
    Mitt Romney (R) 47%
    Barack Obama (D-inc) 44%

PRESIDENT – WISCONSIN (GSSG)
    Mitt Romney (R) 44%
    Barack Obama (D-inc) 43%

Obama is a hated man right now. You’d think these numbers would be different.

71. 2012 January 18 6:14 pm

#74 🙂

72. 2012 January 18 6:16 pm
    LongBus permalink

Snipe away…

73. 2012 January 18 6:16 pm

From the Gingrich girls:

“We will not say anything negative about our father’s ex-wife,” they said. “He has said before, privately and publicly, that he regrets any pain he may have caused in the past to people he loves.”

Bigger person.

74. 2012 January 18 6:17 pm

#78 Losing by how much though?

75. 2012 January 18 6:17 pm

attach, no. attacked, yes. 🙂

76. 2012 January 18 6:18 pm
    Wylie E. Coyote permalink

The best way to save money is to concentrate our defenses here at home. -Senator Jim DeMint

Now I am waiting for everyone to pile on to here calling DeMint “Crazy”, “Dangerous” and “Liberal”

Folks, the Authoritrian Statist establishment wants WAR WITHOUT END!

Thats why they are promoting EVEN MORE ISLAMOFACIST GOVERNMENTS in EGYPT and LIBYIA TOO!

And we are pissing on our Constitution, Freedom, and Liberty to support this Statist New World Order scam!

Wise up – the ONLY candidate that has a REAL FREEDOM/LIBERTY AGENDA is RON PAUL!!!

77. 2012 January 18 6:18 pm
    LongBus permalink

Ohio

Barack Obama (D-inc) 52%
    Newt Gingrich 38%

is that better?

78. 2012 January 18 6:19 pm

63 – I have, texts too though mostly work related.

79. 2012 January 18 6:19 pm
    judyt2012 permalink

#26 — sure the woman that starts an affair with a married man is this upset when the marriage ends when that mans falls in love with another woman.

Marianne is a bitter woman. I wonder if ABC will ask her if she knew Newt was still legally married when she started seeing him?

80. 2012 January 18 6:21 pm

you would think you would be glad that the most liberal train wreck of a president in the history of the US was losing in all of those must win states to the most likely nominee…well nevermind. — LongBus

We are. But you should be depressed that if it had been an `unnamed generic republican` the spread would be 10pts higher in favor the GOP! Think about it, because that has been true in every poll where a generic republican was used.

81. 2012 January 18 6:22 pm

67. You may have spoken too soon.

82. 2012 January 18 6:23 pm

#85

You’re funny. 😆

83. 2012 January 18 6:23 pm

Yes. And under him, thanks to an open borders policy, the US would have 3bn people on its shores with an IQ of 83.

84. 2012 January 18 6:24 pm

85. lol, if they did I’d be bit surprised if it didn’t end up on the cutting room floor.

85. 2012 January 18 6:26 pm

89. One of various problems that comes along with the Ron Paul package.

86. 2012 January 18 6:28 pm
    LongBus permalink

Hey if Gen. Eric Republican (ret.) was running, he would have my support. Unfortunately we have to run actual people and Daniels, Thune, Rubio, and Gov. McDonnell aren’t running.

87. 2012 January 18 6:29 pm
    judyt2012 permalink

It’s just doesn’t seem to be in the DNA of the American people.

I did not think it was in the DNA of the American people to elect a socialist with no experience, but I was wrong.

88. 2012 January 18 6:30 pm

Well first they said it didn’t happen… now… oops we’re sorry that it did.
    MF’ers

89. 2012 January 18 6:31 pm

drdog09 –

90. 2012 January 18 6:31 pm

drdog09 –

We have been heading down that path since 1965; just haven’t hit the 3 billion number yet.

91. 2012 January 18 6:32 pm
    judyt2012 permalink

#46– Always look to the evidence but don’t suspend logic or reason, always ask what is motivating this person.

92. 2012 January 18 6:34 pm

Please ban LongBus SoHope is here to solely to instigate.

93. 2012 January 18 6:34 pm
    LongBus permalink

Romney is the best of the bad lot. Newt is no better on the issues. The cranky old white guy routine would wear thin after awhile. Romney brings the money, the sharp mind (sharp at Newt), the clean moral history, and the history of turning things around.

He comes with liablities: rich, gov in MA, and his faith may be an issue with some.

But his positive are better than the other candidates positives and his negatives are fewer than other candidates negatives. He will do. A strong GOP congress will keep him straight.

94. 2012 January 18 6:35 pm
    judyt2012 permalink

#50 — 20% admit to being liberals … there is another 12% to 15% who probably are not liberal but they still only vote Democrat.

95. 2012 January 18 6:37 pm

the clean moral history

LMAO

96. 2012 January 18 6:37 pm
    judyt2012 permalink

#52 – I caught a few minutes of Mark Levin and he said that the Mittens campaign was the dirtiest most unethical campaign he has ever seen.

97. 2012 January 18 6:37 pm

Define morals.

98. 2012 January 18 6:37 pm
    LongBus permalink

really KH…I posted a poll and said it was good news that Romney beats Obama in all those states. When some here disagreed a mentioned it back home. I am instigating nothing. Post and let post dude.

99. 2012 January 18 6:40 pm
    Wylie E. Coyote permalink

#89 Aw the old “immigrant invasion” paranoia lol

First, Ron Paul is AGAINST open borders until THE WELFARE STATE is DESTROYED

Then ALL, including immigrants, must pay there own way…..

100. 2012 January 18 6:41 pm

this is EXACTLY how the Romney – Obama debates will go…EXACTLY:

101. 2012 January 18 6:42 pm
    LongBus permalink

Define morals…let’s see…compared to Newt, Romney is the pope.

Both are flip floppers. Romney flip flopped to win in MA (he wont need to do that again, seeing he wont run statewide there again). Newt flip flopped for money and post electoral popularity those are the flip flops that you worry about.

102. 2012 January 18 6:43 pm

drdog09 –

In 1960 Hispanics resprsented 3.6% of the U.S. population. In 2010 it was 16.4% and in 2030 it is projected to be 23.5%.

Muslims were virtually non-existent in the U.S. in 1960.

That ain’t propaganda, Wylie. Those are facts, not that I am blaming Ron Paul for it.

103. 2012 January 18 6:43 pm

Yes really. You know if you’d just posted it without running back to HHR like a 12 year old gitty school girl to report on your activities it would have been an absolute non-issue to me. Then you then follow that post up with another totally misrepresenting wtf judy’s comment was in post 85 when nobody asked, and nobody really cares. What do you call that other then instigating shit? You’ve lost my respect and I hope you get banned here if your going to continue with that crap.

104. 2012 January 18 6:46 pm

LongBus…as JM noted, given the abysmal state of the economy, and the Imperial overreach of Obama, for those numbers to be so close it AWFUL FOR US!

Why?

Because the BILLION DOLLAR Obama machine hasn’t spent a DIME yet! And the Unions, PACs, Soros money will throw in at least a BILLION more. And then there is the FREE media coverage that will glorify Obama and demonize Romney as “1%er”, a “Mormon”, and an “insensitive destroyer of jobs”.

If I thought for a MINUTE that Romney could take a freaking stand and STICK BY IT I would support him. But the cartoon is spot on…Romney has NOT stuck by anything!

105. 2012 January 18 6:46 pm
    LongBus permalink

JR, the same connections can be made to newt on mandates, global warming. and other hypocrisies (i.e. leading impeachment while cheating with his own aid).

Like I said, best of a bad lot.

106. 2012 January 18 6:48 pm
    judyt2012 permalink

#59 — but they were separated for something like 7 years and then there was a short reconciliation. To be sure this was the time when both were trying to find out if there was something they could make work. I suspect that Marianne thought things would work out but Newt realized that he did not see the marriage working.

Climbing back on the emotional rollercoaster only to come crashing back down can be more devastating than the initial break. Some women are able to climb back up the hill and others stay stuck in the low.

Looks like Marianne is still stuck.

107. 2012 January 18 6:49 pm
    LongBus permalink

JR & team, I guess you guys have conceeded the election then.

This race hings on FL, OH, NC, and NH.

108. 2012 January 18 6:49 pm

JT/#70, thanks!

109. 2012 January 18 6:50 pm

the good news is that if Romney is the nominee we can make this a “Romney Free” site for the duration of 2012…and focus on how we survive the re-election of Obama.

I will VOTE for Romney…I refuse to SUPPORT him.

And for all those who say: “If Obama gets re-elected then we’ll get a Republican in 2016” I say…it will NOT matter. Obama will complete his “Fundamental transformation of the United States of America”. And he will erect his NEW America beyond the reach of the people. DEPEND UPON IT!

110. 2012 January 18 6:50 pm

Define morals…let’s see…compared to Newt, Romney is the pope.

Not true. At all. One only has to look at his views on the unborn. Feel free to actually read the pdf in this thread.

He was clear that he didn’t want to be viewed as a pro-life candidate. IMMORAL. His distaste for the unborn? IMMORAL. I couldn’t give two craps less about whether or not he has been married for any amount of time.

111. 2012 January 18 6:52 pm

#109 He/she/it is an instigator indeed.

Short Bus- you are useless, to society and the board, seriously.

112. 2012 January 18 6:54 pm
    LongBus permalink

KH, There is actual conversation and debate of ideas here with Newt v Romney…it is actually nice…until EPH gets here and goes on about trolls and how I must be bitter or wes or jan or whoever.

Get a grip we are discussing ideas and events. We will probably not change each others minds but it is fun to debate with each other.

I don’t care if you don’t respect me. I are being polite here.

113. 2012 January 18 6:55 pm
    judyt2012 permalink

#98 — Well she has insulted everyone here over there but JM has given her a long leash and it looks like she is just wrapping it around her neck and getting ready to jump off the ledge

114. 2012 January 18 6:56 pm

ABC is going full speed ahead on airing the interview they believe will “destroy Newt”.

Fine.

Why is ABC and all the media intent on destroying Gingrich?? Oh, right, they just want to get the truth out.

Look, Newt is a FLAWED MAN…I am a FLAWED MAN. But I have tried to live my life after I STOPPED being flawed the best I can. I believe Gingrich has as well.

I wouldn’t vote for Newt OR me for Sainthood. But I would vote for and SUPPORT Newt for President.

I will vote for but NOT support Romney. I will spend my money preparing for what comes next…after Obama is given 4 more years.

115. 2012 January 18 6:57 pm

LongBus…why does the media/DNC desperately want Romney?

Please answer…

116. 2012 January 18 6:57 pm

I posted those swing state H2H polls on BJG. JM said Obama is hated, why isn’t Romney up higher. I posted an OH poll with Newt losing 52-38 and said…there is that better….crickets.

Comment by SoHope — January 18, 2012 @ 9:24 pm
    #

Judy is claiming that Newt’s ex cheated on him and that b/c of that he fell in love with someone else…inconcevable!

Comment by SoHope — January 18, 2012 @ 9:25 pm

Just so everyone is aware.

117. 2012 January 18 7:03 pm

“GSSG””

LMAO!

118. 2012 January 18 7:04 pm

LongBus…is Romney REALLY pro-life now?? I do NOT trust him. Is he REALLY pro-2nd Amendment now? I do NOT trust him. Is he really _________ now? I do NOT trust him!!

Hey Mitt…take a freaking stand and swear by GOD that you actually MEAN IT…and maybe I will trust you.

But really, Mitt is a slimey politician at a time when we need a LEADER and a FIGHTER.

I don’t want ‘Obama-Lite’. I don’t want Romney.

119. 2012 January 18 7:06 pm

LongBus, I don’t know why you’re “awaiting moderation”…you seem pretty Moderate already

120. 2012 January 18 7:06 pm

124.

Because you’re a troll

121. 2012 January 18 7:07 pm

KH, a couple of questions. Is HHR on EST? I know this blog is on PST, 3 hours earlier.

SoHope is LongBus?

BTW, I’ve put LongBus comments into automatic moderation. Not because of disagreement, but because of going back and forth and doing this tattletale bit.

JM can take him out if she’d like to.

122. 2012 January 18 7:07 pm
    judyt2012 permalink

SoHOPE/LongBus — morals are limited to what happens between the sheets, morals are how you conduct ALL of your life… but I can see why you would not understand that.

123. 2012 January 18 7:07 pm

126 You beat me to it

124. 2012 January 18 7:09 pm

125 You beat me to it

125. 2012 January 18 7:09 pm

Inc.. yes and yes

HHR is 3 hours ahead of the time stamps here so look at their timestamp and subtract three or BJG and add three.

LongBus is SoHope

126. 2012 January 18 7:10 pm

“SoHope is LongBus?”

That’s my guess.

127. 2012 January 18 7:13 pm

Rand,

The only big difference (at this point) between Romney and Newt is that Newt is not afraid to hit Hussein in the face. While, Romney will not lay a glove on him. We can go back and forth on their issues, but there is no denying a huge difference when it come to taking on Hussein.

128. 2012 January 18 7:13 pm

Thanks, Judy.

I’ve known KH for about 7 or 8 years on political forums (can’t believe it’s that long–I’ve known JR about the same amount).

In all that time I’ve only seen him get mad maybe 2-3 times. Even when he disagrees, he doesn’t try to provoke people.

When the calm guy blows up, it’s time to pay attention.

129. 2012 January 18 7:14 pm

Comment by SoHope — January 18, 2012 @ 9:25 pm

Looks like SoHope aka LongBus lacks reading comprehension skills in addition to knowledge of morals applying to all of ones life.

Hey LongBus… please list the number of the post where I said that? Can you find it?

Anyone want to help this person? Show me where I said that?

I’ve been accused of “distorting” what people say only because there are alternate meanings and their posting is muddled. NO WHERE DID I SAY Marianne cheated on Newt. I have no knowledge on that subject and never pretended I did.

130. 2012 January 18 7:15 pm
    judyt2012 permalink

Do we need to see the post where SoHope says he/she is posting over here as LongBus?

131. 2012 January 18 7:16 pm

Judy, I won’t bother to check over there–I’m sure KH was telling the truth. I just wanted to confirm that I understood the date/time stamp on KH’s quotes.

132. 2012 January 18 7:17 pm

INC,

I have been posting with KH for years too. I’ve NEVER seen him get worked up over any post/poster. His earlier comments on this thread are very out of character for him.

I hope he comes back – he’s a good guy

133. 2012 January 18 7:17 pm

136 NO, PLEASE!

134. 2012 January 18 7:18 pm

#132 Yes. Came on as SoHope and got banned in pretty short order. Came back with a new name (admitted to being SoHope upon return).

135. 2012 January 18 7:18 pm

The drama here over the past week has been disgusting.

(There, I feel better)

136. 2012 January 18 7:18 pm

Wylie E. Coyote permalink

#89 Aw the old “immigrant invasion” paranoia lol

It ain’t paranoia if it’s true. We have enough population as it is, we don’t need any more. It isn’t 1900 anymore. Cultural balkinization will destroy this country.

137. 2012 January 18 7:19 pm

No, Judy, I’m trying to pour water on this, not gasoline.

LongBus, I don’t mind you posting on other forums. That’s no big deal. It’s this reporting back and forth that’s childish.

I comment elsewhere, but I don’t report on what other people say from one forum to another, much less for the purpose of gloating or pointing out my opinions of them.

I edited my comment for clarity.

138. 2012 January 18 7:22 pm

#143 Same here. That is the strange part of all of this. Besides, it is not like they aren’t coming here to read. This is an attention ploy. Pay attention to meeeeeee! Look at the picture I colored!!!!!

139. 2012 January 18 7:23 pm

If you are opposed to people coming here to work hard and pay there way then you are just xenophobic because we are all equal in God’s eyes…. — WEC

I am opposed to people coming here but not for the reason’s you might expect. There is the issue called carrying capacity of any given country. At the present time we would be incapable of having 700m people in this country, double the present population. So regardless of the timeline or lack of goddies Paul might envision doubling of the population in less than decade is not only possible but likely. Think most of the Carribean basin emptying out and coming here. It would be an economic disaster.

Not only that, but I could envision a planned population assault being organized by a foreign power to make something like that happen. A WMD of unskilled people.

140. 2012 January 18 7:26 pm

This race hinges on FL, OH, NC, and NH. — LongBus

It does? I suggest you go look at the delegate counts for the nomination.

141. 2012 January 18 7:27 pm

JM can take him out if she’d like to.

Nah.

142. 2012 January 18 7:29 pm

#122 Thanks. I feel as though I should be flattered! But really, I’m just bored. It is so funny to me that SoHope thinks they are relying on him to be their eyes and ears. HAHAHAHAHAHA

143. 2012 January 18 7:32 pm

Well, Dr. D., for the first time ever, changing the subject to immigration might be a way to try to calm down a thread. 🙂

144. 2012 January 18 7:32 pm

#106 YES

145. 2012 January 18 7:33 pm

#149 😆 Right?

146. 2012 January 18 7:33 pm

Romney’s bold ideas to salvage, let alone SAVE America…. [crickets chirping]

I actually think Mitt is a NICE GUY…but I think every single General that Lincoln FIRED until he got to GRANT was a “nice guy”. Grant was an A$$HOLE!! Lincoln made him “Commander in Chief”…and we won!

147. 2012 January 18 7:34 pm

2012 January 13 8:28 am
    LongBus permalink

Can you tell me who you guys are Not Not supporting in the GOP race?
    If you cast the sole vote for the GOP primary who would it Not Not be for

Just posted my question again on “The Island”
    “So since you guys only oppose candidates here and never actually support anyone, let me try my question another way…
    Can you tell me who you guys are Not Not supporting in the GOP race?
    If you cast the sole vote for the GOP primary who would it Not Not be for?
    What general election opponent would you Not Not allow Obama to defeat by withholding you vote and reorganizing your sock drawer?”
    Comment by SoHope — January 13, 2012 @ 11:30 am

FYI –“The Island” is our nickname as in the Island of Misfit Toys

148. 2012 January 18 7:36 pm

OK, Judy & everyone else, no more HHR.

149. 2012 January 18 7:37 pm

JR, it’s interesting you thought of Grant.

I’ve compared Romney to McClellan if I have my generals correct.

150. 2012 January 18 7:37 pm

Mitt is oatmeal…oatmeal is good for us!

Gingrich is STEAK…steak is (supposedly) bad for us.

When I go to a Black Angus restauarant I NEVER order “oatmeal, please”. In fact, when I go to an IHOP I don’t order oatmeal either!!!!!

Oatmeal-2012 just isn’t a very inspiring bumper sticker!

151. 2012 January 18 7:38 pm

I’ll second that motion. 🙂

152. 2012 January 18 7:38 pm

INC, my dear, you do indeed!! 🙂

153. 2012 January 18 7:39 pm

p.s. to INC…I have missed your input on the board. Please stay! 🙂

154. 2012 January 18 7:39 pm
    judyt2012 permalink

Grant was an A$$HOLE!! Lincoln made him “Commander in Chief”…and we won!

What do you mean “WE” 😉

I am still trying to get over being called a damn Yankee on my first day of school in Georgia so be careful how you sling that WE around… not everyone feels that way.

There is a house about 5 miles down the road that flys a stars and bars.

155. 2012 January 18 7:42 pm

FYI –”The Island” is our nickname as in the Island of Misfit Toys

Meh. What will they think of next? My Momma wears combat boots? Intellectual giants over there to be sure. Lets not give them anymore hits.

156. 2012 January 18 7:44 pm
    judyt2012 permalink

Sorry .. I was prepping and posting 153 before I read the earlier posts.

INC your wish is my command … you know I love you and am happy to see you. We need your spirit here.

You do know your “friend” ? posts there?

I had the occasion to tell someone about the Easter Sunday fiasco earlier this evening … we were discussing political blogs.

157. 2012 January 18 7:44 pm

Oatmeal-2012

🙂 I like that.

Thanks, JR, but it’s a huge amount of time. I may try to comment a bit more often, but not write.

158. 2012 January 18 7:45 pm

sorry judy…I meant us Yankees! 🙂

159. 2012 January 18 7:47 pm

Oatmeal-2012 just isn’t a very inspiring bumper sticker!

If only Mitt had a sweater-vest. Those things just scream dominance and personality.

160. 2012 January 18 7:47 pm
    judyt2012 permalink

JR — I get the Oatmeal Chick-fil-A … but I have to add the cinnamon sugar, milk, and the dried fruit to give it some life.

161. 2012 January 18 7:47 pm

Knowing Judy she probably would substitute grits for oatmeal…..

Here’s what I want to know. We lost with John `oatmeal` McCain. We will probably lose with Mitt `oatmeal` Romney this time. Primarily for the same `oatmeal` reason. At what point does the base finally just tell the Establishment — “Look you jerks, this is two in a row you have lost serving the same bowl of oatmeal. Now shut the hell up, we are going to do it OUR WAY for a change.”

At some point that conversation has to occur.

162. 2012 January 18 7:48 pm

For some reason, the responsibility of writing a thread can get sort of heavy, you know!! 🙂

At this point I think it would be more peaceful to refight the Civil War.

163. 2012 January 18 7:48 pm

127. Yes the site is on EST where as here is on PST.

164. 2012 January 18 7:49 pm

Mr. rogers neighborhood

165. 2012 January 18 7:50 pm

At some point that conversation has to occur.

😀

Right now, they have zero motivation to change. All they’ll think if Mitt loses is “We should have found someone more liberal”.

166. 2012 January 18 7:50 pm

#169 It helps me not to feel as lazy on days I sleep in. heh

167. 2012 January 18 7:52 pm

Dr. D., some of that conversation is going on now.

The way the audience applauded Newt the other night (and on other occasions). I think the conservative base sees him as articulating what they’d like to say.

168. 2012 January 18 7:53 pm

At this point I think it would be more peaceful to refight the Civil War~~~INC

Hopefully our side would win this time. 😉

169. 2012 January 18 7:54 pm

“Gingrich is STEAK…steak is (supposedly) bad for us.”

I think I’m gonna puke. There isn’t enough Kool-Aid in the world to make me believe that. Baloney would be a far more accurate comparison. “My amnesty plan really isn’t an amnesty plan.”

And, before Eph attacks me for being a Mitt-bot, I loathe both as they are unprincipled men with hollow cores who would sell us out in a heartbeat, but I will vote for either one against Obama.

170. 2012 January 18 7:55 pm

I think the conservative base sees him as articulating what they’d like to say.

He does for me. For all of his crazy, RP captures a little of that as well. Mitt just seems to float comfortably under the radar.

171. 2012 January 18 7:55 pm

KH/169. Thanks. He’s been dealt with. See 127, 134.

172. 2012 January 18 7:58 pm

ip: Hopefully our side would win this time. 😉

Cheers!

My dad used to say that my great-great-great uncle or so rode with John Hunt Morgan.

173. 2012 January 18 7:58 pm

Hey Dad- this is the scene I was talking about the other day. Really is how I view voters talking to Romney.

174. 2012 January 18 8:00 pm

My dad’s family was/still is from central TN. My great-great-grandad was a twin, and he and his brother were the youngest of about five boys in a family of ten.

I think all the boys went to war. My great-great-grandad was 20.

175. 2012 January 18 8:01 pm
    judyt2012 permalink

Wow .. I just saw Knighthawk’s post #109 … that must be what INC was talking about.

KNIGHTHAWK.. thank you, I don’t mind people arguing with what I write but don’t misrepresent what I say. I appreciate you setting the record straight. I wasn’t scanning those comments tonight, I was tired of the nonsense…. or should I say kerfuffle.

176. 2012 January 18 8:05 pm

“Hopefully our side would win this time. ”

Good point ip. I have often wondered what would have happened had the South won the Civil War or at least fought to a draw. The Confederacy didn’t want to control the North; it simply wanted independence. There likely result would have been two countries – the Union and the Confederacy. Slavery probably would not have lasted past 1900 as it would have been economically infeasible.

I cannot believe the Confederacy could possible be as screwed up as the United States is today.

177. 2012 January 18 8:10 pm

The industrialization/mechanization of farming would have made slavery obsolete.
    The north and the south would have come to terms as allies when foreign powers
    got frisky methinks.

178. 2012 January 18 8:11 pm

bc, you’re right about the economics.

As a Southerner I like to think the South would have remained in better shape!

One last family story: My great-great grandmom died (I don’t know which year) and my great-great grandad remarried and had a second group of children.

The weird thing is that I can remember all three of his children from the second wife. That’s always been mind-boggling to me–to think that I spoke with those who spoke with him.

179. 2012 January 18 8:13 pm

O/T Biden Tells SF Crowd “Giants are going to the Super Bowl”

Vice President Joe Biden had his “oops” moment Wednesday speaking in a 49er-crazed San Francisco when he told a crowd at a city political fundraiser that “the Giants are on their way to the Super Bowl.”

Biden spoke at a closed event in the city’s financial District at the Bently Reserve when he made the gaffe, according to a White House pool report released today.
    The comment by Biden drew immediate “good-natured” boos from the crowd, according to the report by Josh Richman of the Oakland Tribune, who was the only local print reporter allowed to cover the event.
    After suggesting that the Giants were heading to the Super Bowl, Biden quickly recognized the gaffe and and explained he was accustomed to thinking in terms of the San Francisco Giants and their baseball wins. His next reference was to the “49ers on their way” to the Big Game.

For those of you that are not familiar with sports: this Sunday, the New York Giants play the San Francisco 49ers and the winner will go to the Super Bowl. San Francisco’s baseball team is also called the Giants, who moved from New York to San Francisco in 1956.

180. 2012 January 18 8:20 pm
    Rockefeller Republican permalink

Just – I see you’re up to your revisionist stalinist ways again… You just can’t handle the truth, can you??? Leave my posts alone – spend more time gleaning their essential truths instead of changing their meaning.

Your antics show you’re no conservative – youre totalitarian swine! Time and again, you ignore or distort the merits of moderate conservativism. You gleefully villify Romney while heralding the creatinous Eye of Newt. You are sadly disconnected from reality.

You and your ilk secretly pine for Obama… The shame is yours for what he has done to our country – your heresy has enabled him…

Yield to the truth and stop being cranky old coot!

181. 2012 January 18 8:20 pm

INC –

I think you are right. The South would not have been run by Ivy Leaguers, who are a major share on the country’s problem. They have no real world experience, but have always been “wired” and think they are always right.

182. 2012 January 18 8:20 pm
    Wylie E. Coyote permalink

#145 Aw “Population Bomb” scare rehtoric

The “carrying capacity” of this coutry and all others is determined ultimately by God

As far as “unskilled” labor, etc thats not an issue without a welfare state!

When we dont pay freebies to the unskilled they have to pay their weight or leave – no more robbing from the productive via government gun

Again, operative point is Paul opposes unlimited immigration just like other candidates UNTIL the Federal Welfare State (the magnet for the moochers) is gone….

So once gone, the only people who come here must make it on there own hense they must be productive and be contributors

This is a classic case in point where supposedly “compassionate” Statist Government intervention (the welfare state) CREATES the problem!

183. 2012 January 18 8:25 pm

RockR/186: I put the comments into moderation–where I’ve now put yours.

Disagree, but cut out the invectives.

This is really getting tiresome.

184. 2012 January 18 8:26 pm

138 – I’m not going anywhere on either site EPH –
    I just went out to grab some food. 😉

127&143. Exactly Inc you understand, hey you want to post here more power too you who ever you may be, but stop with the constant reporting back bs, it’s so clearly for attention\ instigation. You are right I do have a pretty long fuse and I’m apologize for it was tripping tonight and it’s not all SoHope’s or anyone one person’s fault but more the needle that broke the camels back. I think it’s that I spent way to many posts here and there the last few days trying to quiet the unproductive beef for lack of a better way of putting it (pour water on this drama) and just when I think it’s dying out someone goes to try and kick it off again for no compelling reason.

BTW honestly you guys tell me if I’m wrong here you ever hear me bring up what’s going on at hhr prior to this week? What maybe once every couple weeks\months or so relating to someone posting breaking news or something of real interest posted by someone, other then that pretty much never right? Same there, I don’t discuss bjg other then a rare comment pushing back against what I might think was a false comment made about bjg and that didn’t happen that often there either till lately even so I ignored it most of the time. Same when I was at PP (before and after having top posting rights) and lurked and posted a bit on HHR, till i left PP I didn’t say much about either site on the other outside of again breaking news or a poll etc.

149 – giggle very funny. 😉
    154 – Absolutely. This will be the last post I’ll mention this crap on in here regardless of if it continues.

185. 2012 January 18 8:28 pm

Rockie, to me: “youre totalitarian swine!”

me to Rockie: FOAD.

Clear?

Make your next comment substantive or it will be replaced with Jabberwocky and YOU will be banned.

Clear?

186. 2012 January 18 8:28 pm

RR==DPG

187. 2012 January 18 8:31 pm

I’m going to go watch TV with Mrs. Justrand.

To anyone with Moderator status…if Rockie re-posts and it is NOT substantive just replace his post with:

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe

188. 2012 January 18 8:31 pm

JR–he’s in the grey box–the equivalent of me sending a kid home for insolence.

Next time-the equivalent of me telling a kid he’s not to come back to my house.

189. 2012 January 18 8:32 pm

g’night all! 🙂

190. 2012 January 18 8:33 pm

He wants to be banned so he can whine about how unfair BJG is.

191. 2012 January 18 8:42 pm
    Wylie E. Coyote permalink

“There are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations.” James Madison

192. 2012 January 18 8:42 pm

It’s funny Rocky doesn’t bother me, probably cause he not instigating site vs. site crap, just says his piece and it’s easier to chose to ignore if one is so inclined.

193. 2012 January 18 8:42 pm

nite JR.

194. 2012 January 18 8:54 pm

G’night, JR.

ip, some people are going to say what they’re going to say.

KH, his comments are so over the top, I can’t decide if he’s doing an imitation of troublemakers (and they’re funny when you read them that way) or if he is one. But when things are cooling down, I thought it wasn’t time to keep poking a stick at people.

195. 2012 January 18 9:09 pm
    judyt2012 permalink

#167… grits aren’t bad when you add the salt, pepper, butter, gravy, cheese, shrimp, maple syrup, bacon bits, old tires, and the kitchen sink.

196. 2012 January 18 9:13 pm

KH,

I think RR is insanely funny. Like a carnival barker, always the same pitch, but never tells me why I should spend the dime to be inside the tent. Oh, other than its `foregone` that Romney is the winner.

197. 2012 January 18 9:15 pm

… old tires…

Hmmm. Never tried that! Do you prefer Goodyear or Michlen?? 🙂

When I was a kid, I ate grits but they were not my favorite. Now days I would eat it 3-4 times a week just for the excuse to eat butter. But the Doc has given me the long face on that dietary habit.

198. 2012 January 18 9:24 pm
    judyt2012 permalink

#190 … no you have never posted anything about any other site unless it was to refer us to an interesting thread. Except for the KOS kids and the Paulbots who seem to want trouble there has never been any issues with anyone posting on any other sites.

199. 2012 January 18 9:29 pm
    judyt2012 permalink

DAMN…. how do you folks live in California… we have heavy aftershocks today… can it still be an aftershock if the earthquake was in August?

200. 2012 January 18 9:42 pm

What? Aftershocks from that VA quake? Sounds more like fresh activity, then again wtf do I know.

201. 2012 January 18 9:59 pm

“Now the non-profit political watchdog web site OpenCongress.org has revealed that Senator Reid has received the most money in campaign donations from the various special interest groups that are supporting SOPA and PIPA. The site claims that Reid has received a total of $3,502,624 from those groups. That number is well ahead of the number two and number three Senators on the list, Charles Schumer and Kirsten Gillibrand. Schumer and Gillibrand are two of the official sponsors of PIPA.

By contrast, Senator Reid only received $339,226 from special interest groups that publicly oppose PIPA and SOPA, according to the web site.

Special interest groups throwing money at politicians for campaign donations is nothing new, of course. However, Senator Reid’s massive campaign donations from these pro-PIPA groups may be part of the reason why he still wants the bill to be voted on next week, even as other Senators are trying to distance themselves from PIPA.”

Interesting but definitely not a surprise. (if this was posted already today I missed it)

202. 2012 January 19 5:10 am

Looks like Iowa may call Santorum the caucus winner after all, even with a small number of missing precincts out, shades of Minnesota?

203. 2012 January 19 5:22 am
    judyt2012 permalink

The results from Iowa caucus night revealed a virtual tie,” Mr. Romney said in a statement. “I would like to thank the Iowa Republican Party for their careful attention to the caucus process, and we once again recognize Rick Santorum for his strong performance in the state.”

Okay let me get this straight.. when Romney allegedly won by 8 votes then he and his supporters were running around declaring I WON, I WON, I WON… 2 FOR 2, 2 FOR 2, 2 FOR 2…

But now that Santorum won by 34 votes … +4 times the margin it is a tie.

Okay… right.

204. 2012 January 19 5:34 am

It was effectively a tie either way as far as I’m concerned, still he did exceeded expectations keeping it that close.

205. 2012 January 19 5:38 am

BTW Looks like ABC changed their minds, releasing excepts in a few hours and will air the ex-Mrs.Gingrich#2 interview tonight.

206. 2012 January 19 5:44 am

Boehner on KeystoneXL pipeline

207. 2012 January 19 5:45 am

I think RR is insanely funny. Like a carnival barker, always the same pitch

Now that you mention it, it does have all the earmarks of a bunu/acroso type mentality, what with the constant repitition of the same old inane bravo sierra.
    Perhaps it is he in drag.

208. 2012 January 19 5:48 am

perhaps he’s growing a pair:

There once was a nancy boy named boehner,
    A limp wristed lace pantied political entertainer,
    He would cry at the drop of the hat,
    Would this linguine spined shit house rat,
    As a saleman for depends he is a great campaigner.

209. 2012 January 19 5:54 am

“Howard Kurtz:
    A knowledgeable insider says that Newt Gingrich’s second wife does not say anything in the taped interview with ABC News that she hasn’t said in previous print interviews. But to repeat her account of how their marriage failed—because the then-House speaker was having an affair—in a form that can be endlessly replayed on television could prove a serious distraction for the presidential candidate two days before the South Carolina primary.”
    ht:HA

Something tells me ABC and company will not be pitching it as nothing particularly new.

210. 2012 January 19 5:55 am
    Gold Standard permalink

Newt should just undercut his ex-wife and make an announcement:

“In my personal life, I am scum. You all knew that. Did anybody lose a job because of it? No. Are people losing jobs because of Obama? Yes.”

211. 2012 January 19 6:01 am

Gold Standard…that would be the PERFECT line for him to get out there now.

212. 2012 January 19 6:02 am

Hi Jan

213. 2012 January 19 6:08 am

216. You jest but I full expect some variation of that theme from him at the debate tonight.

214. 2012 January 19 6:10 am

He’ll probably swap personal life\scum for ‘my personal tragedies’ or something similar.

215. 2012 January 19 6:11 am

Romney Job Claims Questioned

Now Romney claimed he created 100,000 or at least helped. Who helped Romney? The countless other investors in Staples (hint: US taxpayers) and other organizations, okay we could count them but my rough guess is at least 100,000 or so other direct investors and probably at least 100 other equity investment firms. Yes, Romney sat on the Boards of Directors, along with many others and this was before Sarbanes-Oxley when heightened liability attached.

The impression he is giving voters is that he alone created these jobs.

Now Newt has claimed that he

When I was speaker, we added 11 million jobs, in a bipartisan effort, including welfare reform, the largest capital gains tax cut in history. We balanced the budget for four straight years..

link

Newt is the only candidate in the race for the Republican nomination who has led a national movement to elect a Republican majority and then actually achieved substantial conservative reforms of the federal government, including welfare reform, balanced budgets, and tax cuts. These historic reforms liberated the American people to create 11 million new jobs in just four years.

link

Romney critizes Newt’s job claims

Okay so Newt as the leader of 435 member house, working with the 100 member Senate, 1 President and his administration created the regulatory and tax environment where 26 million jobs were added (11 under Clinton and 15 under Reagan)

So how is it that Romney can claim he “helped” create 100k jobs (which some say is an untenable claim) and yet Newt can’t say he “helped” create 26 million jobs.

Like it or not political administrations always claim credit for job creation. Clinton claims he created 11 million jobs, Obama keeps claiming any number of jobs, and Bush created jobs…we all claim.

216. 2012 January 19 6:18 am

116. Bitter
    If you go over there are you using the handle ‘Bitter’ ?
    Comment by janz — January 11, 2012 @ 10:29 am

118. Janz – I may go undercover. Maybe SUSYSUNSHINE or Gold Standard.
    Comment by Bitterlaw — January 11, 2012 @ 10:32 am

217. 2012 January 19 6:19 am

Be thankful they’re not talking in the new language of how many jobs they “saved”.

218. 2012 January 19 6:20 am

The only “jobs created” by a politician would be to directly hire his cronies on some gubmint project, otherwise it is private investors that actually create the jobs. (as you all know)

219. 2012 January 19 6:21 am

Reports: Perry dropping out.

220. 2012 January 19 6:25 am

gold standard=bittershyster==Server Location: Wilmington, DE 19808
    shyster lives in PA methinks.

221. 2012 January 19 6:30 am
    Gold Standard permalink

Wow. Judy cracked the code. Of course, I signed Bitterlaw to several posts last week. I can’t change to Bitterlaw with the registration system.

-Bitterlaw

222. 2012 January 19 6:30 am

227 – I thought everyone knew that already, Eph needs some new glasses, should we start a donation fund?

223. 2012 January 19 6:36 am

I just now saw the comments of “Rockefella” that INC parked in Moderation. Thank you, INC!

Rockefella…if you’re lurking…don’t post any more. Those comments were so far over the top I would have banned you on the spot if I had seen them. I realize you are TRYING to get banned…so I’m not gonna go to the trouble of actually banning you. Just stay away.

224. 2012 January 19 6:39 am
    judyt2012 permalink

Someone from ABC appeared on WMAL radio this morning who was involved in the Marianne Gingrich interview. According to this person the former Gingrich “mistress” when Newt was married to wife number one said that the ethics charges against Newt were unfounded, a witch hunt, and that NEWT WAS AN EXCELLENT CONGRESSMAN/SPEAKER.

So the question is do we accept her opinions as gospel as to Newt as the husband and ignore her opinions of Newt the politican.

AGAIN, I am voting for POTUS not finding a husband and we are not electing a SAINT or POPE.

225. 2012 January 19 6:40 am
    judyt2012 permalink

I have a curious thought.

Are women who oppose Newt because of his marital difficulties worried to support a man with Newt’s marital past because subconsciously they worry that it some how might be viewed as an endorsement of their own husband’s philandering, or some variation of such circumstances.

“Gee honey you support Newt so I didn’t think you would mind.” .

226. 2012 January 19 6:48 am
    RepublicanPundit permalink

There is nothing like an ex-wife scorned.

227. 2012 January 19 6:48 am

Oh very good —

228. 2012 January 19 6:49 am

So who will benefit most from having more time tonight during the CNN discredit them all fest?

229. 2012 January 19 6:49 am

234 – Haha very funny.

230. 2012 January 19 6:50 am
    judyt2012 permalink

And, according to some, how did Newt’s first marriage end? Wasn’t he having an affair with the woman who became his second wife? Wow, now who was this woman?

I still subscribe to the belief that Newt’s marriage was already over with the 1st wife before he started dating the woman who became his second wife, and that the marriage was already irreparably broken with the second wife before he started dating the.

Now I realize that some people are terminally appalled that sometimes people color outside of the lines, but these things do happen… 25% of the time.

231. 2012 January 19 6:51 am

Poor Rocky, if Perry does endorse Newt, his world will be turned upside down. We need to start a RR vigil. Individuals who possess a single entity world view typically lean toward severe depression when the stimulus is removed.

232. 2012 January 19 6:53 am

new perry thread up (apparently he is indeed endorsing Gingrich)

233. 2012 January 19 7:05 am
    judyt2012 permalink

I would call my divorce “my personal tragedy” except I am not a victim.

234. 2012 January 19 7:07 am
    judyt2012 permalink

#225 — I know, but I count the noses my clients create.

235. 2012 January 19 7:07 am

some Mark Levin for Judy — http://youtu.be/9pSIurPfIOw

236. 2012 January 19 7:09 am

#235 — Santorum…

237. 2012 January 19 8:08 am

#216 I have been saying that for a while now. Yay! We agree on something!

238. 2012 January 19 8:10 am

It was brought up on FB as something to consider- if she is still this bitter, imagine what a joy she was to live with! Food for thought.

They tipped their hand, so at least Newt, if he is smart, has the ability to address it immediately. He’ll have had enough time to prepare.