Primary Miscellaney: Take 1

2012 February 3
by INC

TobyToons-There Are Two Sides To Every Debate

Now In Theaters Everywhere!!!

* * * * * * * * * *

With a Cameo Appearance by:

The Donald

* * * * * * * * * *

Critics:

Larry Kudlow: Message to Mitt: A rising tide lifts all boats.

James Pethokoukis: Mitt Romney, meet Jack Kemp

* * * * * * * * * *

Dialect Coaches:

Charles Krauthammer: “The real problem here is that it shows he doesn’t have a fluency with conservative ideas.”

Rush Limbaugh: “In the process of doing what he did, saying what he said [ minimum wage increase, safety net], he made it clear that he is a stranger to fundamental conservatism.  And for the people who oppose Romney, that’s the biggest red flag.”

Dan Reihl: “Think I figured it out, Mitt Romney is the elevator muzak of conservative political rhetoric.”

* * * * * * * * * *
Dialogue Coaches & Editors:

Mona Charen: Drop the Middle-Class Talk: Attend to the crisis, Mitt.

Yuval Levin & Ramesh Ponnuru: Romney vs. ObamaCare: Here’s What He Should Say.

* * * * * * * * * *

Hype:

Jonah Goldberg: The Case For Romney: He’ll owe us.

* * * * * * * * * *

Makeup Artists: Nikki Halley, Marco Rubio, Connie Mack III, Connie Mack IV, NRO Editorial Staff

* * * * * * * * * *

Publicity: Ann Coulter, Jen Rubin

* * * * * * * * * *

A Vichy Republican* Production by the GOP Insiders Group, Limited:
Bob Dole, John McCain, John Sununu

Genre: Yet to be determined: Comedy, Crime & Gangster, Drama, Epics, Horror, Musical, Sci Fi

* * * * * * * * * *

Blockbuster:

“We, the members of the New Republican Party, believe that the preservation and enhancement of the values that strengthen and protect individual freedom, family life, communities and neighborhoods and the liberty of our beloved nation should be at the heart of any legislative or political program presented to the American people.”

Ronald Wilson Reagan (1911 – 2004)

__________
We apologize, ladies and gentlemen, for any delays. The director and his assistants are in a panic with their editing and retakes. The dailies have not screened well with our focus groups, and we are still rewriting the script and splicing the film.
TobyToons: Used by permission (2009 e-mail). More at his site.
See: http://www.filmsite.org/genres.html http://www.imdb.com/glossary/
Reagan 2020
*Vichy Republican term: The Anti-Idiotarian Rottweiler via Riehl World View.

1. 2012 February 3 2:44 pm

Really Charles? I mean REALLY?

And you do??????????????????????????

2. 2012 February 3 2:44 pm

At this point the post should be titled, “Mittscellaney,” but I may be adding items on the other candidates; if not on this post, then later.

If I have time, I’ll try to do this every week. Some of the items I’ve seen have been so on-target or so ludicrous, the idea occurred to me last night to do something like this.

3. 2012 February 3 2:46 pm

Eph, I think he’s screened enough to kind of recognize when something doesn’t work.

4. 2012 February 3 2:46 pm

Waiting for BC to trash Newt in 3…2…1…

5. 2012 February 3 2:47 pm

3 Yet he still endorsed Mittens. That makes sense

6. 2012 February 3 2:48 pm

INC,

Great thread, BTW

Very pithy

7. 2012 February 3 2:48 pm

I guess he’ll sit in the audience and throw tomatoes.

The ushers may have to ask him to leave.

😀

(kidding bc)

8. 2012 February 3 2:50 pm

Thanks, Eph. This took me so long to do, I’ve got to check out for a while and do some other things.

Believe it or not, just going back and finding things and pasting the links can be slow work at times.

9. 2012 February 3 2:51 pm

INC,

Just make sure that BC doesn’t hijack this thread with another.

10. 2012 February 3 2:53 pm

🙂 If he likes, then he can go ahead and put up another one. That’s no problem.

This thread is for laughs and to lighten up on this Theatre of the Absurd.

(But like all political humor, there’s an edge).

11. 2012 February 3 2:54 pm

Notice that whenever Romney’s numbers start to widen in the GOP race, intrade has Obama’s probability of winning re-election at a higher percent?

Today @ 56.6%

12. 2012 February 3 2:57 pm

I love the cartoon!!!!! It is perfect!!!!

13. 2012 February 3 2:58 pm

Oy!

The Producers (GOP insiders, I need to add this) thought they had a great actor; now in early production they don’t know if they should pull him and substitute another or if he’ll improve over time.

14. 2012 February 3 3:11 pm

JM, Toby is funny.

OK, I’ve tweaked the post enough for now.

15. 2012 February 3 3:25 pm

The silence from the GOP is deafening ,concerning the fraudulent unemployment numbers. You would think we could conjur up one viable testicle from the bunch.

16. 2012 February 3 3:38 pm

15. I said that same thing on the last thread.

Messenger Mitt is on the job!

17. 2012 February 3 3:47 pm

Rominator~~The quintessential empty suit.

18. 2012 February 3 4:09 pm

Why are we not surprised dept.

19. 2012 February 3 4:14 pm

Yawn! Perhaps we should change the name of this blog to “Be Anti-Mitt Romney.”

With that said, “Go Santorum!” Use the $50 I sent you wisely.

Think I’ll take a look at the other conservative blogs. Be back later.

P.S. Eph, of all people, YOU are talking about ME hijacking threads?

20. 2012 February 3 4:26 pm

aw, bc3b…don’t take it (too) personally 🙂

I’m hopng Santorum DOES make a breakthrough…I just might donate to him!

21. 2012 February 3 4:56 pm

bc, I had some tabs open for the other candidates, but I ran out of time it took so long to finish Romney.

And MR needs continual vetting because the GOP is going all rehab on him as the electable conservative.

BTW, not to change the subject or anything, but I came back because my husband was semi-watching Kudlow and he mentioned this:

Mitt Romney splits with Brett O’Donnell

This is the debate coach who’s credited with helping Romney in FL.

Anyway, when you read the column it appears there’s envy amongst them:

A former Liberty University debate coach, O’Donnell worked for John McCain’s 2008 campaign and was a senior aide to Bachmann up until her withdrawal from the campaign last month. He’s well-regarded in the Republican operative world and is not generally known as a self-promoter.

Now, though, sources familiar with his thinking say he feels like he has become the fall guy after both senior aides and Romney himself expressed ire about the grab for credit generally and the much-buzzed-about Sunday Times story specifically.

22. 2012 February 3 4:58 pm

WBF

23. 2012 February 3 5:00 pm

“…the fall guy after both senior aides and Romney himself expressed ire about the grab for credit generally…”

I’ve never been a CEO, but I’ve lead numerous groups, and this is not what you call leadership, it’s called being thin-skinned.

I know these pols all have egos, but O’Donnell made the difference for Romney. To show ingratitude like this?

Santorum or Newt should hire him.

24. 2012 February 3 5:09 pm
    beej permalink

Santorum or Newt should hire him.
    ~~~~~~
    Newt thinks he knows all there is to know about debating already. He needs someone on his team who is organized, and won’t let him drop the ball on meetings with governors and getting him placed on ballots.

25. 2012 February 3 5:11 pm
    beej permalink

But this will probably make Newt happy.

26. 2012 February 3 5:14 pm

I would bet the judge was threatened, not paid off.

When this crowd gets backed into a corner, people disappear.

27. 2012 February 3 5:19 pm

beej, you’re right. Newt needs a top guy who can delegate to people he knows are good detail handlers–and who can also tell Newt when he needs to back off the anger. I’m not sure if anyone can do that, and I don’t know anything about his relationship with his campaign manager.

28. 2012 February 3 5:22 pm

The GOP has four suitors right now. Think of it as a girl who has her choice of four guys.

One (Santorum) that can not get any attention even though he has the values one would want. He is just not flashy enough to win her (GOP) over.

One (Paul) is just plain bat crap crazy and you (GOP) would not want to be seen with.

One (Newt) that you are not sure you can trust BUT does know how to say the right things. You (GOP) just don’t know who he is going to end up in the back seat with.

One (Romney) that has your attention but ignores you and can not find the words to express himself. You (GOP) are won over NOT by his words or actions but his MONEY (because he can beat Obama).

Newt is no conservative BUT he does know what and how to express himself that the base finds favor with. Its just is he going to cheat on us.

29. 2012 February 3 5:29 pm

gnq, I wish Santorum & Newt would strike a deal before they hand this nomination over to Romney.

30. 2012 February 3 5:42 pm

INC – I just don’t think Newt’s ego would permit it and I FEAR that Santorum (like Huckabee) is running interference for Romney and the GOP establishment.

I do like Santorum (agree with most of positions) but the tin foil in me says beware.

31. 2012 February 3 5:43 pm

Last night I saw a CNN rerun of an interview of Santorum done by Piers Morgan. They were talking about Romney’s safety net comments. I thought Santorum did an excellent job of critiquing MR’s words as non-Republican, and making his own conservative case.

32. 2012 February 3 6:14 pm

#31 I really hope that isn’t the case!!!!!

33. 2012 February 3 6:14 pm
    judyt2012 permalink

One of the best posts ever

34. 2012 February 3 6:21 pm

gnq/31: I just saw your comment. I posted mine and then got distracted.

I agree with JM.

35. 2012 February 3 6:28 pm

Judy, I thought you might like it! 😉

gnq/I agree about Newt’s ego.

However, at some point (soon) I hope these guys seriously think about what’s best for the country.

If JM thinks it would work, I have some delegate maps, charts & primary date links I may put up temporarily in a page in the header next to the About page. It would give some quick reference if anyone wanted the info.