‘The Hunger Games’
The Left is gearing up to claim that the books and movie vindicate THEM. Anyone who has read the books and has ANY portion of a functioning brain knows the truth is EXACTLY the opposite.
In the books the state of affairs in what remains of the U.S. is this: there are 13 Districts controlled by a Central Authority (though one District has broken away). And this is how the government operates:
- Central control of all goods & services
- All citizens (except the Ruling Elite) receive equal portions (Fairness!) of food…unless they win the Hunger Games
- Citizens may NOT obtain or horde more than their government allotment of food or fuel (foraging and hunting is forbidden)
- Individuals are held up as “Heroes” or “Victims” as necessary to justify the actions of the state
- Dissent is illegal
- Everyone (except the Ruling Elite) is EQUAL: equally starving, equally miserable, equally without power or strength to resist
- Control is maintained by hunger and fear: everyone is 100% dependent upon the Government for their survival
- Entertainment and information are centrally controlled
It is a Leftist’s wet-dream…and precisely the world envisioned by Marx and espoused by Ayers, Alinsky and Obama.
Conservatives want the SMALLEST Government, leaving We The People to work more for ourselves and enjoy the fruits of our labors. And leaving We The People free to engage in free commerce where, yes, there will be “winners” and “losers”. Read down the list above and you should be able to quickly recollect something the Obama Regime has said or done in the last 3 years that fits each item perfectly. And if ya can’t…I’ll help ya!
‘The Hunger Games’…it’s the goal state of Obama…tell your friends.