‘The Hunger Games’

2012 March 20
by justrand

For those who have not yet read the books, I would urge you to do so. They are excellent. And now a movie is in the offing…and hence this post.

The Left is gearing up to claim that the books and movie vindicate THEM. Anyone who has read the books and has ANY portion of a functioning brain knows the truth is EXACTLY the opposite.

In the books the state of affairs in what remains of the U.S. is this: there are 13 Districts controlled by a Central Authority (though one District has broken away). And this is how the government operates:

• Central control of all goods & services
  • All citizens (except the Ruling Elite) receive equal portions (Fairness!) of food…unless they win the Hunger Games
  • Citizens may NOT obtain or horde more than their government allotment of food or fuel (foraging and hunting is forbidden)
  • Individuals are held up as “Heroes” or “Victims” as necessary to justify the actions of the state
  • Dissent is illegal
  • Everyone (except the Ruling Elite) is EQUAL: equally starving, equally miserable, equally without power or strength to resist
  • Control is maintained by hunger and fear: everyone is 100% dependent upon the Government for their survival
  • Entertainment and information are centrally controlled

It is a Leftist’s wet-dream…and precisely the world envisioned by Marx and espoused by Ayers, Alinsky and Obama.

Conservatives want the SMALLEST Government, leaving We The People to work more for ourselves and enjoy the fruits of our labors. And leaving We The People free to engage in free commerce where, yes, there will be “winners” and “losers”.  Read down the list above and you should be able to quickly recollect something the Obama Regime has said or done in the last 3 years that fits each item perfectly.  And if ya can’t…I’ll help ya!

‘The Hunger Games’…it’s the goal state of Obama…tell your friends.

Miss Illinois USA

1. 2012 March 20 3:52 pm

I have been on the fence about seeing the film because I did love the books so much. From the moment I heard Harrelson was going to be in the movie, I envisioned him playing a role in twisting the story. I really hope I am wrong!!!!

2. 2012 March 20 4:03 pm

JR –

Sounds kinda like present-day Kalifornia.

3. 2012 March 20 4:03 pm

I hope you’re wrong…but probably not. The Left NEEDS to either claim this or discredit it.

Capitalism ONLY works if people are free to BUY things from Capitalists. And they only have money to BUY things from those “greedy” Capitalists if they are FREE to keep enough of what they earn…and free to work as hard as THEY want to do so!

“From each according to their ability, to each according to their need” – Karl Marx…Obama…’The Hunger Games’

4. 2012 March 20 4:03 pm

bc3b…we’re not their yet, but it’s not because they haven’t been trying!

5. 2012 March 20 4:42 pm

JM – did you see that Sweden is going cashless. Going to a digital system.

6. 2012 March 20 4:46 pm

You guys and gals want a separate thread for the Illinois Primary or just continue with this one? The polls close in 15 minutes (7 pm Central Time).

7. 2012 March 20 4:49 pm
    Deckard permalink

JM was one of several people who convinced me to purchase the 3 book series.

I have them on my bookshelf – waiting to be read. From what I have heard, they are “quick” reads. Now I just need the motivation and spare time to read them. Spare time being the operative word.

After those 3, I’m starting “1984” and “Animal Farm”.

8. 2012 March 20 4:54 pm

Deckard, And ‘This Perfect Day’…all books about a world where the government is EVERYTHING.

9. 2012 March 20 4:54 pm
    womanontheright permalink

I’m halfway into the second book, “Catching Fire.” Seriously, these books have caused me to really think about the messages the books are screaming out. I find myself thinking about these messages throughout the day and realize this all could happen!

Now I understand why my elderly father has a basement half full of toilet paper. I thought he might be starting to lose it . . . until I read through “The Hunger Games.”

Then last Friday’s Executive Order. The pieces are really starting to fit. If we don’t get Obama out of office in November we really are doomed. I swear I am not wearing a tin foil hat in case you were wondering.

10. 2012 March 20 4:59 pm

We all know that “the Hunger Games” can only be brought about by small government minded people. Everyone knows that “Big Government” would never allow this to happen.

woman of the right – they can confiscate your toilet paper (hoarding and all), go with sponges as a backup plan.

11. 2012 March 20 5:17 pm

No votes in yet in Illinois primary:

Anyone want to venture on how many votes Newt gets? I say 11%.

12. 2012 March 20 5:20 pm

Deckard- I promise they are worth the read.

gnqanq- I didn’t see that!!! Not surprised though, since time seems to be on fast forward.

13. 2012 March 20 5:21 pm

WoR,

With 46m Americans on food stamps, for about an eighth of the population it has already happened. Any of you remember this commercial? —

Now imagine adding about 30 seconds more to that clip. The guard stops the guy not to give him his receipt but because the scanner told him to stop the guy and confiscate the meat items in his coat. He had already used up his ‘ration’ for the month and could not buy more.

Think it can’t happen? How many of you use a loyalty card with particular merchants? You have already been conditioned…..

14. 2012 March 20 5:22 pm
    womanontheright permalink

Sponges? OMG . . . I cannot think too much on that or I might start dry heaving.

15. 2012 March 20 5:22 pm

#9 Catching Fire was my favorite book of the 3. 😀

I am big on tp as well. Handy bartering tool if you get the individually wrapped ones, though #11 seems to be a consideration for all of us now.

16. 2012 March 20 5:23 pm

#15 lmao. SAME

17. 2012 March 20 5:24 pm

I think that has something to do with MOB as well. Not the club card being one, but the conditioning aspect of it being a condition to buy and sell, since you can only get the discounts with the card.

18. 2012 March 20 5:24 pm

Ladies,

That’s how the Romans did it. Fortunately the sponge was attached to a stick….. If that helps 🙂

19. 2012 March 20 5:25 pm

womanontheright, et al…the goal is a people so dependent upon government for their every need, that opposing the government becomes unthinkable…even if you had the STRENGTH to resist!

Before the Iron Curtain fell, the people of East Germany, and elsewhere, were so hungry they couldn’t rise up if they wanted to. And then there’s North Korea…

20. 2012 March 20 5:26 pm

Here is what I know for sure. Gold and silver will be tossed into the streets. Why. Well, you can’t eat it, and if you refuse the mark, you can’t use it for payment. You also couldn’t use it for payment if everything was digital.

21. 2012 March 20 5:27 pm

womanontheright permalink

Be glad you aren’t muslim

22. 2012 March 20 5:27 pm

#19 Thanks for the visual. 😆

23. 2012 March 20 5:28 pm

JR,

Food as a weapon is/was used against the populace many times in history. I think a wild twist of fate might prove counter productive here tho. Americans have not experienced widespread famine, even during the civil war, so hunger may in fact have the opposite affect from what the Enlighten might expect. But I could be wrong too.

24. 2012 March 20 5:31 pm

JM – gold & silver (agree with you) are only good for rebuilding after the fall. But by then there will be a new administration in charge who wont need money.

25. 2012 March 20 5:31 pm

26. 2012 March 20 5:33 pm

A box of 12 guage buckshot would be worth a krugerand.

27. 2012 March 20 5:34 pm

#25 Amen

28. 2012 March 20 5:36 pm

hillarious…unintentionally:
    Obama today announced he is expediting the SOUTHERN half of the Keyston Pipeline!!

29. 2012 March 20 5:36 pm
    Deckard permalink

30. 2012 March 20 5:37 pm

Oh, and on topic….this gem over at imao gave me a pretty good chuckle today:

‎”In the Hunger Games, Katniss is a very strong female protagonist forced to overcome having to pay for her own contraception.”

31. 2012 March 20 5:44 pm

CNN has already declared Romney the winner with 7% of the vote in. Speaking of 7%, that’s currently Newt’s share of the vote.

32. 2012 March 20 5:52 pm

33. 2012 March 20 5:56 pm
    womanontheright permalink

#31 I am still giggling over that contraception comment (OMG that was funny!) . . . and when I get back from vacay you and I need to talk about some bizness!

34. 2012 March 20 5:59 pm
    womanontheright permalink

#22 — I know, right? Besides, I would look horrible in a burka.

35. 2012 March 20 6:01 pm
    womanontheright permalink

#20 — Word. Sorry to all for three comments in a row. I’m half out of it (NOT drinking I swear) due to overindulgence at a steakhouse tonight. Food. Coma.

36. 2012 March 20 6:03 pm
    TLS permalink

womanontheright #9 ~ I swear I am not wearing a tin foil hat in case you were wondering.

Don’t worry, you can borrow mine!

37. 2012 March 20 6:21 pm

Tebow to the Jets?!?!?!!?!??!?!

G-d I hope that NEVER happens

38. 2012 March 20 6:22 pm

Prediction:

Mittens wins Illinois

Santroum wins Louisiana

39. 2012 March 20 6:31 pm

By the bye, if you can find a copy, read “Megatraumas: America at the Year 2000”. I think it was published in either 85 or 86. Written by a former Gov of CO. Pretty much everything he wrote has come true.

40. 2012 March 20 6:41 pm
    Wylie E. Coyote permalink

“There are many socialists who have never come to grips in any way with the problems of economics, and who have made no attempt at all to form for themselves any clear conception of the conditions which determine the character of human society.”
    – Ludwig von Mises

* Some team wins the 2011 NBA championship
    * Lehigh wins first round of 2012 NCAA Playoffs
    * TLS kicks our butts in the NFL in 2011-12

43. 2012 March 20 7:07 pm

44. 2012 March 20 7:07 pm

Romney Campaign Slogan:

“At least he’s not as bad as Obama.”

45. 2012 March 20 7:09 pm

Good strategy, if nothing else. Do I think he will do it? No. Would it help him? Yes. Then again, Obama’s sheeple thought he’d do it, too.

46. 2012 March 20 7:12 pm

Glad I didn’t waste time on a seperate Illinois primary thread, but to keep the tradition alive, I just added Miss Illinois in a bikini to JR’s thread.

47. 2012 March 20 7:13 pm

Newt is surging. He’s up to 8%.

48. 2012 March 20 7:25 pm

miss Illinois certainly doesn’t look hungry!

49. 2012 March 20 7:37 pm

Is that a gigantis condom she’s holding???

50. 2012 March 20 7:40 pm

Miss Illinois looks like she is holding a giant condom. Is that government issue?

51. 2012 March 20 7:41 pm

I’m starting to think like IP. I better seek help.

52. 2012 March 20 7:42 pm

Eph –

53. 2012 March 20 7:44 pm

For IP…….

The day after his wife disappeared in a kayaking accident, an Anchorage man answered his door to find two grim faced Alaska State Troopers.

“We’re sorry Mr. Wilkins, but we have some information about your wife”, said one of the troopers. “Tell me! Did you find her?”, Wilkins exclaimed. The troopers looked at each other. One said, “We have some bad news, some good news, and some really great news. Which would you like to hear first?”

Fearing the worst, the ashen Mr. Wilkins said, “Give me the bad News first.”

The trooper said, “I’m sorry to tell you, sir, but this morning we found your wife’s body in Kachemak Bay.”

“Oh my Gosh,” exclaimed Wilkins. Swallowing hard, he asked, “What’s the good news?”

The trooper continued, “When we pulled her up, she had 12 twenty-five pound king crabs and 6 good sized Dungeness crabs clinging to her and we feel you are entitled to a share in the catch.”

Stunned, Mr. Wilkins demanded, “If that’s the good news, then what’s the great news?”

The trooper replied, “We’re going to pull her up again tomorrow.

54. 2012 March 20 7:47 pm

Not a Romney fan, although if things don’t change it appears I will be voting for him in November. He did have a good comback at a college yesterday when a coed said she wanted free condoms and he came back with, “If you want free stuff, vote for the other guy (Obama).” I didn’t think Mittens was that fast on his feet.

55. 2012 March 20 7:49 pm

54~~~LOL 🙂

56. 2012 March 20 7:49 pm

bc

The Tarheels are hurting this week and beyond. They have no substitute for their injured point guard.

57. 2012 March 20 7:50 pm

Flake is a bit flaky. A little lite in the loafers.

58. 2012 March 20 8:02 pm

Mullet –

I’ve got Kentucky. Even though I have NC losing to the Wildcats in the final, I wouldn’t be sad to see the Tar Heels get upset, but I doubt the Ohio Bobcats can do it.

Wouldn’t it be something if NC ended up playing NC State in the regional final?

59. 2012 March 20 8:08 pm

NC will likely get by Ohio, but then they will have the NC State/Kansas winner. Not so likely.

Congrats…..you have a great bracket going!!!

60. 2012 March 20 8:11 pm

Thanks. But, I am more worried about the Red Wings, who have not been playing well lately. Less than two weeks until the Tigers open … not that I care about them.

I’ve been lucky. My one smart pick was Xavier over ND. Notre Dame is ALWAYS over-rated.

61. 2012 March 20 8:22 pm

I am kind of surprised that the Jets and Packers are interested in Tebow. Teams he makes sense for include the Jaguars, Dolphins, Browns, Cardinals, Raiders and Bills.

Jacksonville makes the most sense.

62. 2012 March 20 8:47 pm

“Today I received e-mails from Jeff Flake and Wil Cardon. Which is the true conservative.”

Flake voted for pickle puffers in the military

63. 2012 March 21 5:42 am

The Toulouse Jewish school massacre is suspect, Mohammed Merah, is of course a damn Muslim. We won’t hear a peep about this in the American press.

64. 2012 March 21 5:49 am

nope, drdog…we won’t. The media dare not offend our new Muslim masters. Even though the highest Muslim cleric in Saudi Arabia publicly called for “burning all Christian churches”…he actually said it was the DUTY of Muslims to do so! The media was busy covering Rick Santorum’s views on contraception.

and speaking of the media:

good article…The Left calls not having the government BUY contraception a “ban”…but claims that the Dimocrats making incandescent bulbs ILLEGAL is not a “ban”.

65. 2012 March 21 5:58 am

here’s a good Clip&Save article:

we know ’em all…just nice to have something at your fingertips!

66. 2012 March 21 6:33 am

Eph permalink

Flake voted for pickle puffers in the military

Dec-18-2010

DADT repeal HR 2965 repeal passed 65-31

Flake wasn’t in the senate at that time, but he probably would have.

repeal