The REAL Issues

2012 March 8
by justrand

The REAL Issues:

• Our National Debt has gone up $5 TRILLION in the 3 years since Obama’s ass first sat upon the White House throne. And Obama wants TRILLIONS more!
  • MILLIONS of people have “disappeared” from the Labor Force…and still the “official” Un-Employment Rate is over 8%.
  • Tens of millions more people are now on Food Stamps than when Obama took office.
  • The housing market is in a continual down-spiral.
  • Obama has routinely, and now PROUDLY, circumvented the Congress…imposing his will through agencies and bureaucracies.
  • Gasoline has MORE than doubled in price since Obama took office…and is poised to skyrocket as Summer approaches.

So how come the national discourse isn’t centered on THESE issues? How come these topics were studiously AVOIDED by “Moderators” during the debates?? Easy: the REAL issues are LOSERS for Obama. So the media/Dims/Obama/Left have to keep the focus on “Contraception”???

And now “Contraception” has now morphed into the Democrats insisting that “Republicans are engaged in a WAR Against Women!!” OMG…OMG…OMG!!!

Having injected RACE and CLASS envy/warfare into every issue, Obama and the Dims are now adding GENDER warfare in as well. Anything to keep Americans distracted until AFTER the election. On a street corner near you some huckster is doing card-tricks for the rubes, but the REAL Flim-Flam is happening on a national scale.  Pick a card…ANY card…

1. 2012 March 8 8:44 am
    brucefdb permalink

Don’t worry justrand, we can trust Milque Romney to fix it, can’t we??

Romney’s Developing Sellout on Global Warming

But those conservatives and Tea Party patriots overlooking Romney’s Romneycare apostasy to still vote for him in the primaries are setting themselves up to be gravely disappointed again on this issue. As Governor of Massachusetts, Romney appointed to state office Obama science czar John Holdren, a wacky far out leftist, and Obama EPA Assistant Administrator Gina McCarthy, who is writing and implementing all of the Obama restrictions on power plants.

Among the advisors to the Romney campaign on these issues today is James Connaughton, formerly head of the Bush White House Council of Environmental Quality, and a long time ardent supporter of cap and trade. Another is Jeff Holmstead, Bush EPA Air Chief who promoted global warming hysteria, and an interstate clean air rule providing the precedent for Obama’s job and economy destroying Cross State Air Pollution Rule. Still another is Edward Krenick, another former Bush EPA supporter of cap and trade. No wonder highly active global warming skeptic James Taylor says that Romney’s people on global warming are as bad as Obama’s people.

Sigh.

2. 2012 March 8 8:45 am
    brucefdb permalink

PS the above is from this American Spectator article:

3. 2012 March 8 8:50 am

If the CNN exit polling is to be believed, here is where Romney’s support is coming from (and the people who generally support RINOs):
    * College-educated suburbanites
    * Those over 50
    * Women
    * Catholics

4. 2012 March 8 8:59 am

2 Bruce,

Nov. is going to be ugly for “us”

5. 2012 March 8 9:00 am

Sarkozy promises to reduce number of immigrants and get tough in regulating benefits:

6. 2012 March 8 9:00 am
    brucefdb permalink

Yes, Eph, I worry that you are right.

7. 2012 March 8 9:01 am

I really hope Sara runs third party. Just to hear her out on the trail would be worth it.

YES, that means Hussein wins, but he’s going to win anyway.

8. 2012 March 8 9:02 am

Obammy is now going double or nothing on HAMP. Only now he is gearing it to those investors who are underwater on their holdings!

The stupidity is, most of the flip spec people got wiped out in the first round of the RE downturn. There is nobody in their business circle left to `save`. Only people left are those that bought early and had some equity.

So my next question is, when will Obammy save us from bad stock picks?? I got some verizon founders shares that are underwater. Why not help me too???

9. 2012 March 8 9:03 am

Mitt 2016????????

10. 2012 March 8 9:05 am

Gallup in advance of the Fantasy Unemployment numbers due out tomorrow:

good analysis…but they don’t address head on “The Disappeared”

11. 2012 March 8 9:06 am

Mitt 2016????????

Doubtful. Name any GOP, or DNC candidate, having run and lost, got a second bite of the apple since WWII?

12. 2012 March 8 9:10 am

12 Dr

Mitt 2020????

13. 2012 March 8 9:11 am

12 The dude who ran against Ike. I forgot his name. Lost 1952 and 1956

14. 2012 March 8 9:15 am

Eph: “If “we” keep the House and maybe add 2 or 3 Senate seats then I’ll call it a wash.”

Nope.

Lord Obama will just ignore Congress. Can’t do it? Of course he can.

Simple scenareios:
    (1) Obama has the EPA issue and enforce draconian new regulations – Congress decides to restrict funding for the EPA. Result: Media OUTCRY!! OMG…OMG…OMG, the Republicans want DIRTY WATER & AIR! Outcome: Republicans wither in face of the hysteria and restore funding…and APOLOGIZE!
    (2) Obama has the FCC/SEC gang up to issue and enforce draconian new “Fairness” regulations for TalkRadio and the Internet – Congress decides to restrict funding for the FCC & SEC. Result: Media OUTCRY!! OMG…OMG…OMG, the Republicans want UNfairness and are in the tank for the ‘Vast RightWing Conspiracy’!! Outcome: Republicans wither in face of the hysteria and restore funding…and APOLOGIZE!
    (3) Obama has the DOJ halt all border enforcement, and declares unilateral “amnesty” for illegals…then DEMANDS they be made citizens and allowed to vote. – Congress cites the Constitution and holds hearings on the DOJ…finding Holder in “Contempt of Congress”. Result: Media OUTCRY!! OMG…OMG…OMG, the Republicans HATE immigrants, and are RACIST!!! Marches are organized nationwide with tearful stories of families “yearning to be free!” Outcome: Republicans wither in face of the hysteria and EMBRACE the new amnesty!!…then APOLOGIZE!

pick an issue…it would be the same for every one!

15. 2012 March 8 9:16 am

A. Stevenson. Very good Eph!

16. 2012 March 8 9:23 am

16 That be “our” Mitt !!!!!!!!!!

17. 2012 March 8 9:24 am

YES, that means Hussein wins, but he’s going to win anyway. — Eph

That my friend should signal the death knell of the GOP. For what is the purpose of having a party structure, if in what has to be the most slam dunk, beat the incumbent election, to come along in 50 years, they can’t do so? If the conservative base walked off the plantation they would be no worse off this year or subsequently than if they stayed. So why not? Get Sarah to run. She would have massive barriers in getting the requisite signatures in some states, but could get on the ballot in most. Why not offer Paul the VP slot and garner his vote base? Let him loose on the Fed.

If the die is cast, might as well take a stand. It might make the beginning of a new political movement/party.

18. 2012 March 8 9:27 am

DR.

“If the die is cast, might as well take a stand.”

I feel the same way.

The GOP estblishment/RINOs would rather have 4 more years of Hussein, then a “Palin” ilk anywhere near the WH. That my friend is where the real problem lies.

19. 2012 March 8 9:37 am
    judyt2012 permalink

Thanks Bruce for pissing in my cornflakes … I vowed this morning that I would try to think positively about Romney.

And there you go, stopping me from putting my head up the A$$ of “Romney is a liberal” denial by providing the TRUTH about Romney.

20. 2012 March 8 9:39 am

Judy,

Like McCain – Romney is in my doghouse until he picks his VP. Then I’ll rethink.

21. 2012 March 8 9:41 am

22. 2012 March 8 9:45 am

“I vowed this morning that I would try to think positively about Romney. ”

Koooky “troll” Zoooky can help you with that.

23. 2012 March 8 9:49 am
    judyt2012 permalink

Damn — I just finish snapping at Bruce(#1) and now I have to deal with EPH (#8) pooping on my toast by slapping down my morning vow to wishfully think that come November I will be able to throw away the anti-depressants.

Having to overcome the unavoidable depression that comes from the prospects of a Romney as nominee is difficult enough. Being forced to think about Obama getting a second term hurt in the same thread hurts.

Now I will have to spend the weekend removing the sharp objects, lenghts of rope, carbon monoxide, poison, guns, and lethal drugs from my home. 😉 (snark off)

They have thread rules over at HHR.

Have a nice day…

Will someone post the sunshine lollipop video?

24. 2012 March 8 9:50 am

Eph…like you, I am giving Romney one more chance: pick a Veep I can vote for! I voted for Sarah Palin in 2008…despite her being chained to McBoatAnchor!

25. 2012 March 8 9:52 am

#10 —

EPH please stop using those disgusting words. If you can’t use sl*t or c*nt or tw*t then certainly “R)*&@y 2012” is 10x as vulgar.

26. 2012 March 8 9:52 am

for judy:

27. 2012 March 8 9:53 am
    brucefdb permalink

Romney veep list: Barbour, Pawlenty, McDonnell, Ryan

Maybe Lugar, he’s gonna need a job

28. 2012 March 8 9:54 am
    brucefdb permalink

24judyt….good suggestions

29. 2012 March 8 9:54 am

“I suggest that we have a BJG thread rule that any one thread cannot contain posts that suggest Romney will be the nominee and Obama will prevail in November. ”

LOL

30. 2012 March 8 9:55 am

judy: “I suggest that we have a BJG thread rule that any one thread cannot contain posts that suggest Romney will be the nominee and Obama will prevail in November. “

hmmm…remember to look on the BRIGHT side: that asteroid may yet wipe us out!!

31. 2012 March 8 9:56 am

“Romney veep list: Barbour, Pawlenty, McDonnell, Ryan”

NO, NO, NO, NO – but better than 1-3

32. 2012 March 8 9:57 am

Veeps: West, Rubio, Ryan

33. 2012 March 8 9:57 am

28 Bruce,

How about DeMint, Pence, West, Palin?

34. 2012 March 8 9:57 am

I dont trust Rubio. Ryan is middle tier

35. 2012 March 8 9:58 am
    brucefdb permalink

Eph….he will not pick anyone we like, sorry.

36. 2012 March 8 9:58 am
    judyt2012 permalink

Thank you JR — but why does that video show popsicles for lolli-pops?

Damn hasn’t Obama f#@%ed up enough?

Now in this twisted world of “Romney is a conservative” we have popsicles posing as lolli-pops!!!

37. 2012 March 8 9:58 am
    brucefdb permalink

I like your list though.

38. 2012 March 8 10:03 am
    6thLetterIZkooky permalink

“I vowed this morning that I would try to think positively about Romney. ”

-Sorry judyyt2012,
    I can’t defend Romney in regards to those people at the EPA. I am wondering why this is the first we would hear about this. Why did all of the other candidates not bring this up? I still say he will be better than Obama, and with a Republican Congress to keep him in check, some of these issues won’t get the light of day.
    I do also have to comment on Palin as a 3rd party candidate. I don’t think that would be a good idea, and she has said she will go all out for the Republican nominee to defeat Obama, hasn’t she? I take her at her word.

39. 2012 March 8 10:06 am

The galters they are glum today,
    They feel it’s all slipping away,
    If upon their dongs they step again,
    The great unwashed will feel the chagrin,
    For their balls are also on the anvil of dismay.

{and in the end they too will pay}

40. 2012 March 8 10:09 am
    6thLetterIZkooky permalink

judyt2012
    No rainbows, but lollipops!

Have a good day!

41. 2012 March 8 11:17 am

“The galters they are glum today,”

An IP727 Playboy calendar might cheer me up.

42. 2012 March 8 11:22 am

43. 2012 March 8 11:28 am
    Deckard permalink

Speaking with the family this past weekend, we were ranting about the current state of things in the country, the evilness that is Zero, and the disarray of the Republican nomination process. In the midst of the rant I was reminded of the following: “Look for a big October surprise from the Democrats.” They both said the Democrats are NOTORIOUS for pulling out some big surprise/scandal/nastiness in the October before the election occurs.

I can only imagine what they could pull up – I mean, hasn’t the media vetted the candidates enough as it is?

44. 2012 March 8 11:30 am

Mass amnesty/pardon for ALL illegals via exec order.

45. 2012 March 8 11:35 am

46. 2012 March 8 11:37 am

43 I bet most of those girls are Brazilian

47. 2012 March 8 11:48 am
    MI Conservative permalink

Rubio, DeMint or West.

48. 2012 March 8 12:09 pm
    MI Conservative permalink

I spent hours looking over election maps from 08 and the Michigan, Ohio and Florida primaries this year. Also looking up articles. I wasn’t going to psot anything but decided to knowing that most of you do not like Mitt which I can respect. But, I don’t understand the complete feeling of his not being able to win.

Here is my thoughts after research. I welcome constructive disagreements of why I’m off base.

1. If Romney picks a conservative Veep the tea party, evangelicals and staucnh conservatives will back him. If not, they can sit it out and let Obama win or hold there nose like I did with McCain and vote for Mitt. I think option 2 is going to happen.
    2. Mitt does not do well in the south and deep red states. If Mitt is the nominee do you seriously believe Obama is going to carry Tennessee, Georgia, Mississiippi, South Carolina, etc etc? No way. The Republicans will take those states if elmer fudd is the nominee.
    3A. Which gets us to swing states like Michigan, Ohio, and Florida which I spent hours on looking into data. First of all those are not staunch conservative states. I believe a more moderate conservative will do better there. Someone like Romney.
    3B. Romney did better than an Republican in the counties of Michigan that Obama carried. In fact, Oakland county had a HUGE Romney turnout. I believe bc will tell you a Republican must win the suburbs of Detroit, a line of counties across Washtenaw to Battle Creek in order to carry the state. The primary results weren’t just good for Romney, they were great in those counties. As many of you stated as results came in Romney took those counties which are needed in November. I don’t think Santorum could do that.
    3C. Ohio is a ditto for results. A Republican must carry the counties by Cincy to dayton, Columbus and the suburbs of Cleveland convincingly. Mitt did just that, as many of you noted on election night. Like the suburbs of Detroit these are moderately conservative, business, and Reagan Democrats that live there. Can Gingrich or Santorum carry the numbers needed against Obama? I’m not sure. Again Romney did extremely well in those areas. He’s going to win the counties Santorum carried anyway.
    3D. Florida, look at the map again. The counties Romney won in the primary are the ones that must be won or must be close for a Republican to win. Romney took the gold coast. Romney took the Tampa to Orlando corridor that everyone is constantly saying is the area that wins or loses the state for candidates. Again these are swing voters. Would Santorum as the far right candidate carry those swing areas? I don’t think he has as good as chance as a moderate conser vative.

I may be completely wrong in my assessment but I think I’m pretty close after looking at previous results.

Last comment- Everyone is wondering why Mitt can’t close the deal? My question is Why can’t Santorum, when having a double digit lead, hold on to win? Sure, Mitt’s PACs are running negative ads. Do you think Obama won’t?

49. 2012 March 8 12:16 pm
    MI Conservative permalink

My other premise is any Republican is going to carry the states McCain did. We need to win those purple states.

Whose best suited for those swing states? It’s going to be won there.

A more moderate or more conservative candidiate?

50. 2012 March 8 12:26 pm

Unfortunately, our country has changed for the worst in so many ways since 1980. In the past 32 years we have tens of millions of additional people indoctrinated in political correctness and liberalism via our public school system. We have the three million illegals who received amnesty in 1986 and their decendents. We also have 12-30 million illegals in the country along with those who emmigrated leagally (many of whom are from third [turd] world countries) so even the legal immigrants are more likely to vote for liberals.

51. 2012 March 8 12:29 pm
    MI Conservative permalink

LIke Sarkozy has told France-we have too many foreigners.

Listen to the MSM squel like a suckling pig if a Republican candidate says that over here.

52. 2012 March 8 12:30 pm

49 MIC,

Damn that’s a lost post.

Do you have cliff notes???

53. 2012 March 8 12:39 pm
    MI Conservative permalink

That’s the toughest part of writing a book. Listing sources and footnotes. A quick search will show most of it.

I absolutely love data and research.

Jim McKenzie, who was quite a fighter in the NHL, is the hockey coach here in town and I started asking him about morning skates and whether it shows better win results and who all does them. He looked at me like I was totally nuts.

54. 2012 March 8 12:42 pm

MIC,

The problem with Romney would be after he gets elected, which I doubt.

* Pick conservative judges for SCOTUS? Doubtful.
    * Pitch all the embedded libs spread across the government? Doubtful.
    * Eliminate the Czars? Says he will. Doubtful.
    * Be successful for down ticket races? Doubtful.

MIC as to your observation about Santorum. In a dollar for dollar match up, Santorum would win. But that is not the case. Romney has outspent his opponents 5,6:1 most of which was targeted negative campaigning. So I say again, a man spends 6:1 against his opponent and still can’t put it away? There is something wrong.

Which finally brings us to the general election. If the tactic is to spend 6:1 against his opponent — Good luck. The GOP has not be able to raise that amount of money like forever. Most cases of late, the GOP has been the party with less money to spend in the general. That is why it prefers self-funding candidates down ticket. Less money to spend to shore up battle ground state battles.

55. 2012 March 8 12:43 pm

DR,

Correct – not much will change with a Romney presidency.

56. 2012 March 8 12:50 pm

Eph…Romney’s goal would not be the “Fundamental transformation of the United States” into a Socialist wet-dream. He would NOT supplant Congress with an Imperial Presidency.

etc…

Romney might WANT to do this (though I doubt it), but when a Republican is in office the media rides herd on them. When a Democrat is in office, they look the other way. Or, in the case of Obama…they CHEERLEAD!

So no, Romney would not intentionally take us where Obama WANTS to go…but he might not stop us getting there.

57. 2012 March 8 12:51 pm

Government Sets Record Deficit in February

The federal government recorded its worst monthly deficit in history in February, according to a preliminary report Wednesday from the Congressional Budget Office that said the deficit in fiscal year 2012 is already more than half a trillion dollars.

The CBO’s figures show that despite repeated efforts to trim spending, the government has borrowed 42 cents of every dollar it spent during the first five months of this fiscal year.

Think what Zippy could have done if February had 31 days instead of 29.

HT: Washington Times

58. 2012 March 8 12:53 pm

JR –

Truer words were never spoken.

59. 2012 March 8 12:54 pm
    MI Conservative permalink

drdog, Agree about the money aspect overall. But I think Romney can reach deeper into pockets to try and balance the DNC, Obama and PAC money.

And I’ll admit Romney is not everything I want. And at this point I would vote for Elmer Fudd before this muskrat dick that’s in there now.

60. 2012 March 8 12:56 pm
    MI Conservative permalink

I’m sorry I shouldn’t have called him a muskrat dick.

He’s a weasel dick!

61. 2012 March 8 12:56 pm

Gallup: Unemployment Up Half a Percent in February:

62. 2012 March 8 12:58 pm

If nothing else it would be fun watching liberal heads explode

63. 2012 March 8 1:00 pm
    MI Conservative permalink

ip I just pulled two rib eye steaks to grill and then you post that video.

I think I’ll pull out a mac and cheese box.

64. 2012 March 8 1:00 pm

Crapweasel reproduction appendage if you please.

65. 2012 March 8 1:08 pm
    MI Conservative permalink

Your articulation of the English dialect continues to bemuse me.

66. 2012 March 8 1:11 pm
    judyt2012 permalink

Accepting Romney as the nominee and potential POTUS is like marrying the boyfriend/girlfriend that cheated on you, never repaid “borrow” money, and wrecked your car.

You know they are not trustworthy but every idiot relative is screaming at you to get married before you get any older and that is the best you can do.

Unfortunately, your only other option is keeping the boyfriend/girlfriend that is a serial killer who you’ve notice has been sharpening all the knives and sprinkling your food with ever increasing doses of arsenic.

If you are smart and remain viligent you would dump the former and beat the later to the punch. Self-defense and self-esteem are necessary aspects of a healthy life and country.

67. 2012 March 8 1:15 pm

drdog and Eph, Disagree that nothing woud be different with Romney in the WH like Obama. You have a true capitalist in Romney that is pro-business and a true socialist in Obama. Second difference is the people that will surround Romney as advisors and cabinet members helping to make decisions. Let’s face it, Obama has the CHICAGO machine, Soros lobby, socialist and communists in the WH. — MIC

Have to disagree. Romney is a Corporatist. We have not had a capitalist in the WH since Hoover. As to your second point. Who exactly would Romney pick as an economic advisor? The only choices out there are Goldman-Sachs look a likes. I highly doubt we would see a Walter Williams or Allan Meltzer in a cabinet post at Commerce.

I agree that what is in there now are a bunch of socialists. But so are the second tier functionaries and I just don’t see Romney kicking their butts out.

68. 2012 March 8 1:16 pm
    judyt2012 permalink

#31 — I’ve been praying for the asteroid to hit a few blocks from my desk for over two years. Initially I was praying for G-D to fix what is wrong in DC but then I realized that some things are even almost impossible for G-D so I thought I’d give him the easier option.

69. 2012 March 8 1:17 pm

Elected officials are a reflection of the electorate.
    We have a degenerating electorate,so it is understandable
    that we elect the dregs of society.Not desirable, but like attracts
    like. Birds of a feather crap in their mess kits together.

70. 2012 March 8 1:19 pm

If said asteroid took out the east coast, and the san andreas fault takes out the west coast, we would be an instant red country.

71. 2012 March 8 1:20 pm

MIC: “I’m sorry I shouldn’t have called him [Obama] a muskrat dick.”

The “United Muskrat Protectors” (UMP) has already filed a class-action laswsuit against you!

72. 2012 March 8 1:21 pm

IP…we’ll meet ya in the middle! 🙂

73. 2012 March 8 1:22 pm

71 Only if Parker, AZ become beachfront property.

74. 2012 March 8 1:41 pm
    judyt2012 permalink

#15 — Obama creates multi-billion dollar special programs for “small business” without providing Congress any information on the programs, the prospective recipients of taxpayer dollars. (i.e…. another slush fund for FOBs … that should be donors not friends, I’m not sure Zero has friends.

75. 2012 March 8 1:47 pm

Sunshine and lollipops
    The American Dream By The Provocateur Network

76. 2012 March 8 1:54 pm

43: Shwing

77. 2012 March 8 2:11 pm
    judyt2012 permalink

MI – -your primary analysis is interesting, but meaningless if you do not take into account the 08 primary voter turnout as a percentage of general election turnout.

You need to look at the total vote number for those counties for Obama versus McCain in comparison to the primary voter turn out from both 2008 and 2012

Ditto — a man spends 6:1 against his opponent and still can’t put it away? There is something wrong.

78. 2012 March 8 2:19 pm

Amazing iceberg

I can only hope the Obama re-election does the same thing.

79. 2012 March 8 2:20 pm
    MI Conservative permalink

judy, along with that all data could be argued flawed.

For instance, you have to take into account Bush’s negatives, Dem enthusiasm, and MSM coverage. As someone once said, we know there a known unknowns or something like that. Saying that Republicans are more energized so I would expect a bigger turnout this year.

80. 2012 March 8 2:21 pm

How did that happen?

81. 2012 March 8 2:29 pm

Extreme wishful thinking?

82. 2012 March 8 2:31 pm
    judyt2012 permalink

Really… you think Romney is energizing Republicans? Insulting us, lying, misrepresenting, sleazing all other candidates

negative advertising depresses votes … Romney’s negative advertising against conservatives does nothing but create a hurdle that those “energized” voters must climb over. Given the height of that hurdle that Romney has created so far I worry that he has already depressed the base.

The video of Romney that was posted yesterday show Romney explaining exactly what is strategy is…. Romney thinks that the conservative base will join with the Republican elites that Romney has courted and the indies he has coddled because Obama has organized us.

In other words… Romney intends to do nothing to solidify the base behind him. Romney is counting on a Obama hatred to match the Bush hatred that motivated voters in 2006 & 2008. The trouble is, and Romney would know this if he was a conservative, conservatives are not emotion based voters they way liberals are. We need to vote for something/someone not just vote against someone.

83. 2012 March 8 3:18 pm

Civil libertarians slam McCain US cybersecurity bil

84. 2012 March 8 3:22 pm
    Wylie E. Coyote permalink

Here are a couple of “real” issues that are actually the “BIG” issues that this otherwise fine article ommitted (IMHO of course):

– The Willard Romney supported “Individual Mandate” pretty much gives the Federal government the authoririty to make you behavior in any manner they please ie they can kill, coerse, or imprision you for anything they dream up

– The NDAA kills the 4th, 5th, 14th etc amendments dead – along with giving the same “compassionate” government the power to kill you dead right here in the USA without explaination

– The Federal government can steal from you at will simply by directing the poltically controlled central bank to print money. Inflation by the government is theft and corruption.

I would add and OBTW, the “debt” issue is simply a symptom of central bank theft via fiat money and lack of a gold standard. Simply looking at it (or whining about it) in isolation from the real issue of government central banking gets us nowhere.

85. 2012 March 8 3:22 pm
    Wylie E. Coyote permalink

The most dangerous man, to any government, is the man who is able to think things out for himself, without regard to the prevailing superstitions and taboos. Almost inevitably he comes to the conclusion that the government he lives under is dishonest, insane and intolerable, and so, if he is romantic, he tries to change it. And even if he is not romantic personally he is very apt to spread discontent among those who are. – H.L Mencken.

86. 2012 March 8 3:22 pm

87. 2012 March 8 3:23 pm
    Wylie E. Coyote permalink

“There are people who think that plunder loses all its immorality as soon as it becomes legal. Personally, I cannot imagine a more alarming situation.”– Frédéric Bastiat

88. 2012 March 8 3:40 pm
    Wylie E. Coyote permalink

“For centuries the State has robbed people at bayonet point and called it, “Taxation”. Coercion and violence by the direct threat of confiscation or imprisonment. This is taxation. For centuries the State has enslaved people into its armed battalions and called it “Conscription.” -Murray Rothbard

89. 2012 March 8 3:42 pm

90. 2012 March 8 3:50 pm

THIS is the real story

and THIS is what the fu*king media is pushing:
    Limbaugh rejects ad offer from affair site AshleyMadison.com

Rush NEVER accepted ads from slimeballs…and Yahoo”News” is running that headline to make it appear Rush is so desperate he considered running their ads

The Ministry if Truth has many many outlets

91. 2012 March 8 3:54 pm
    Wylie E. Coyote permalink

“For Chambers, there were plenty of rational arguments to be made against communism as a political or economic approach, yet, also for Chambers, the more important area of focus was communism as a moral or spiritual approach.

In our discussions of economics, politics and theology, our ears should ever be turned toward the soul—what makes it ache, what makes it confused, and, above all, what makes it die. To focus only on the distribution of material wealth as the key to elevating the human spirit is to deny what makes that very same spirit live and breathe.

Until we tap into what Chambers calls the “logic of the soul”—which often requires little more than listening—and linking that soul to a higher source, our ideas and conclusions about human flourishing and empowerment will be limited by our own faulty perceptions.”

92. 2012 March 8 3:59 pm
    Wylie E. Coyote permalink

“In filling in some regulations, Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius determined that contraception should be “free” for everyone and mandated employers include it in their healthcare plans.

Never mind that nothing is “free,” save fiat dollars the Federal Reserve is spitting out to banksters around the world at 0 percent interest.

ABC News pretty boy and Democratic mouthpiece George Stephanopoulos telegraphed this as an issue in January during the New Hampshire GOP Presidential debate. The progressive Left and mainstream media (sorry if I just repeated myself) immediately found a hot button to push.

So Obama got out front and announced that contraception was to be provided by employers for free, and even religious institutions that objected had no say. Well, religious institutions, Catholics in particular, did have something to say, and a great hue and cry ensued.

The MSM have succeeded in turning the issue into a false argument that anyone who opposed “free” contraception was a woman-hating religious nutcase who wanted to deny contraceptive devices to women. Right-wing hero Rush Limbaugh’s denigration of Georgetown law student Sandra Fluke fanned the flames. The result: The false left/right paradigm is reinforced.

Never in the history of the republic has free contraception been part of a serious policy discussion, nor has it been a front-burner issue in political discourse. Yet now, when Obama needs a wedge issue to excite (or incite) his base, suddenly women across the country are being convinced Republicans are trying to prevent them from obtaining birth control.

The real issues should be: Where in the Constitution is a (non-Constitutional) Cabinet-level agency or President granted the authority to dictate what benefits (if any) an employer must offer employees who enter into a voluntary employment contract; where in the Constitution is a (non-Constitutional) Cabinet-level agency or President granted the authority to dictate what products or services a business (insurance company) must provide for “free”; and who or what is going to pay for these “free” products?”

93. 2012 March 8 4:57 pm

The pansyfying of the corps continues unabated

94. 2012 March 8 5:22 pm

I don’t know who the woman is that is subbing for Mark Levin tonight, but she is God-awful. I couldn’t listen to her for as long as I normally can stand Sean Hannity (7-10 minutes). If Levin is going to take a night off, Brian Sussman is the best of the guest hosts.

95. 2012 March 8 5:27 pm

The Marine Corps (that’s corpse if you are lurking Barack) wants to make sure it “bags” its share of gays:

It’s not the Marine Corps JR and IP served in.

96. 2012 March 8 5:28 pm

OT, probably not a real issue, probably long and I apologize up front. But this is been jelling in the back of my head and have to get it out. What I am about to suggest is ghoulish and something I never hope happens. Background —

* The cornerstone is this piece. So the nose in the tent that killing right after birth could become an acceptable practice.

* Then we have this compliments of WEC. So essentially contraceptives will be free. That would include abortion and I assume over time after birth as well.

* Conveniently Title IX would require HHS to classify contraceptives gender neutral. Applicable to both men and women.

* We have a Family Court and Domestic Violence system that is out of control.
    Think VAWA. Men can simply be locked up on a woman’s say so thanks to VAWA. So guys are always looking for an out.

So roll it all together and what do you have? Well other than a mess…. How about this. Some less then forthright single women announces she is pregnant hoping that this will seal the deal with the `father’. The `father’ knowing his rights goes into court and requests that either the court direct the woman to have an abortion, off the child upon birth or release him from all financial responsibility.

Too out of the box? Well up until three weeks ago I never thought that HHS would be permitted to overrule the 1st Amendment either.

Probably never happen but the seed is there.

97. 2012 March 8 5:36 pm

After doing some checking, I think Levin’s guest host tonight is Inga Barks. He often used Mark Simone too. I guess he really wants people to miss him while he is gone.

98. 2012 March 8 5:36 pm

#98 CRAP.

I was actually giving similar things some thought today though, some of what you said, and one more thing. Dems LOVE teh gheys….but I really wonder how much they love them, or do they just love the fact that they cannot naturally reproduce?

99. 2012 March 8 6:00 pm

JM – the Democrats don’t care about anyone, just pure power and anyone that can help them get it.

What I would be concerned about is HHS determining WHO and HOW many children anyone can have. Since HHS would be concerned about health care costs and controlling them. What better way than to control WHO can have children and HOW many they can have. A poor person could be forced to abort or sterilized since they would not have the means to provide for their child. Remember, these people are the heirs to Margaret Sanger.

To get to their Utopia, they have to control the populace to get the right slaves (citizens) to occupy their Utopia. Certain people will be able to flourish, while others will be bred out.

These people are not that far from the Nazi’s and their perfect race.

100. 2012 March 8 6:34 pm

Something I mssed. The Air Force recently removed the word “God” from its logo due to athiest compalints:

101. 2012 March 8 6:47 pm

I guess I posted “Sunshine & Lollipops” too early!

102. 2012 March 8 8:00 pm

Ok, not sunshine and unicorns, but the first of the squishes that left Limbaugh last week are begging to be back on the line up. Sleep Train be the squish. More — http://hotair.com/archives/2012/03/08/report-company-who-dropped-ads-from-limbaughs-show-asks-to-be-reinstated/

feigned indignation has its price.

103. 2012 March 8 8:45 pm
    Wylie E. Coyote permalink

“The federal government is borrowing 42 cents of every dollar it spends. Actually, it’s even worse than it sounds because it’s getting harder and harder to find suckers to buy our debt which will ultimately go the way of confederate bonds.

Accordingly, the Federal Reserve is buying a lot of the bonds”

Again, the larger issue is Statist/Elite politically-directed central banking – without the FED, no gold standard, and Fiat money the massive Government Debt would not be possible

Fiat money/Inflation is simply stealth taxation

See the forest not just the trees folks!

104. 2012 March 9 2:40 am

WTF???

Tuesday…

flip flop flip flop flip flop…

Thursday in Mississippi

Does this guy have any core?

How long does it take to re-program a robot?

105. 2012 March 9 2:41 am
    judyt2012 permalink

Romney: “I’m not plastic, or insincere, ya’ll. I like grits.”

Wow, what a southern stratgey.

106. 2012 March 9 5:31 am

Flo the waitress to Romney — “You ain’t from around here are ya Hon!?”

107. 2012 March 9 6:07 am

and here I thought the new “Green” lightbulbs were gonna be expensive!!

Yup…only $50 apiece! Essentially the cost of EVERY lightbulb in your entire house combined. Look at it as bringing families closer together!! Since you’ll only be able to afford ONE, the entire family will have to gather around it!

108. 2012 March 9 6:33 am

Damn! For $50 I could buy an entire case of 60w bulbs at HomeDespot.

109. 2012 March 9 6:44 am

drdog…you can do that NOW, but 60w bulbs will be illegal soon! (scheduled for 2014). In 2013 75w bulbs will be illegal, per the current schedule…followed by 60w bulbs the year after.

Onward, Comrades!!

110. 2012 March 9 7:11 am

spread THIS around:

well done!

111. 2012 March 9 7:14 am

btw…if ANY of you still subscribe to HBO…why the hell are you still doing so? They PAY Maher’s multi-multi-million $$$ salary! Which he uses to pay people to re-elect Obama!