Cheap Shots Mr. Resident (of the White House)

2012 May 1
by drdog09

First let me say, it is chutzpa to have a former president who had the opportunity TWICE to be handed Bin Laden, and refused, to suggest that Obama is The One and only that could have done this. That is beyond the pale.

Serving and former US Navy SEALs have slammed President Barack Obama for taking the credit for killing Osama bin Laden and accused him of using Special Forces operators as ‘ammunition’ for his re-election campaign.

The SEALs spoke out to MailOnline after the Obama campaign released an ad entitled ‘One Chance’.

In it President Bill Clinton is featured saying that Mr Obama took ‘the harder and the more honourable path’ in ordering that bin Laden be killed. The words ‘Which path would Mitt Romney have taken?’ are then displayed.

Besides the ad, the White House is marking the first anniversary of the SEAL Team Six raid that killed bin Laden inside his compound in Abbottabad, Pakistan with a series of briefings and an NBC interview in the Situation Room designed to highlight the ‘gutsy call’ made by the President.

Source

The members of the SEAL team are speaking out against being used as a political tool. As right they should. Its crass and very well could backfire with independents.

Chris Kyle, a former SEAL sniper with 160 confirmed and another 95 unconfirmed kills to his credit, said: ‘The operation itself was great and the nation felt immense pride. It was great that we did it.

‘But bin Laden was just a figurehead. The war on terror continues. Taking him out didn’t really change anything as far as the war on terror is concerned and using it as a political attack is a cheap shot.

‘In years to come there is going to be information that will come out that Obama was not the man who made the call. He can say he did and the people who really know what happened are inside the Pentagon, are in the military and the military isn’t allowed to speak out against the commander- in-chief so his secret is safe.’

Affirmative, sad to say…

1. 2012 May 1 4:45 am

One also has to wonder what quid pro quo is being handed the Clintons. This ad, a series of fund raisers with Mr. Clinton as the headliner have gone down in the last 2 weeks. Considering the past history of Clinton/Obama mix it makes one wonder what is being used for grease between the two camps.

2. 2012 May 1 5:54 am

Obamagot criticized last night by Admiral Mullen, former Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff. http://hotair.com/archives/2012/05/01/mullen-hey-maybe-we-shouldnt-be-making-the-bin-laden-mission-a-political-football/

Obama is WAAAAAY beneath contempt! But being utterly Amoral (and an A-hole) he doesn’t care.

3. 2012 May 1 5:57 am

“But bin Laden was just a figurehead. The war on terror continues. Taking him out didn’t really change anything as far as the war on terror is concerned and using it as a political attack is a cheap shot.”

Last week the Obama regime claimed that the War on Terror was over. This week they are expressing concern that terrorists may have explosives encased within their bodies to down commercial airliners. I wish they would get their story straight.

4. 2012 May 1 6:07 am

drdog…I changed the title of this thread…sorry. But I can’t stand to see a capital “P” in front of OBama’s actual title: “Resident of the White House”)

5. 2012 May 1 6:48 am
    Wylie E. Coyote permalink

Thomas Jefferson said: “Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add ‘within the limits of the law’ because law is often but the tyrant’s will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.”

6. 2012 May 1 7:04 am

Everyone wants to live at the expense of the state. They forget that the state wants to live at the expense of everyone.
    Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.

Frederic Bastiat

7. 2012 May 1 7:22 am

Can someone please garner the cajones to ask Lord Obama what he would have said had the mission failed? He would be BLAMING the Seals….not stealing credit from them. Douche.

8. 2012 May 1 7:33 am
    judyt2012 permalink

This is Obama’s legacy….

And this is why I hesitate to go to a Nationals baseball game…I will never go to a Oriels game in Baltimore.

This is why I try to never ride the Metro during non-rush hours and why I never ride the GREEN line.

This is why I always try to keep situational awareness and count the number of teenagers and young adults who appear to be standing around loitering versus those who appear to be headed one direction or another.

This is why I caution my nephew and niece about where they should travel.

This is why I always lock my doors and would never exit my car absent it being on fire… and would drive away even if it meant doing so on rims until I was somewhere I considered less dangerous

9. 2012 May 1 7:44 am

JR, Only reason I used President vs Resident as the intent was to reference both dorks current and past. One dork is no longer Resident.

But I am cool with the change.

10. 2012 May 1 7:49 am

Folks you realize that we may never now who made the official call on this mission. To reveal that Obammy did not begains a search for the breach in the chain of command. The generals at Pentagon will be wanting to keep this one quiet for a very long time. Careers would be at risk.

11. 2012 May 1 8:17 am
    judyt2012 permalink

As if we needed any further evidence of just disgustingly low Obama and his ilk and supporters are.

Romney heaven and earth taken totally out of context… and actually show Obama’s ass, or show Obama is an ass.

12. 2012 May 1 8:19 am
    judyt2012 permalink

These sleazeballs from the left are going to make me like Romney. If they keep up this nonsense I may even have to go to work for his campaign.

13. 2012 May 1 8:20 am
    judyt2012 permalink

#10 — White House Insider reported last year that it was Leon Panetta that ordered the mission without obtaining Jarrett’s approval.

The truth is that Leon was probably giving Valarie’s fingers a rest… it can be very tiring to wiggle strings all day long.

14. 2012 May 1 8:28 am

Judy, 13,

Its probably true too. But I bet you won’t see it officially recorded that way.

15. 2012 May 1 8:43 am
    judyt2012 permalink

16. 2012 May 1 8:58 am
    judyt2012 permalink

This one made me smile

A guy traveling through Mexico on vacation lost his wallet and all of his identification. Cutting his trip short, he attempted to make his way home but was stopped by the U.S. Customs Agent at the border.
    “May I see your identification, please?” asked the agent.
    “I’m sorry, but I lost my wallet,” replied the guy..
    “Sure buddy, I hear that every day. No ID, no entry,” said the agent.
    “But I can prove I’m an American!” he exclaimed. “I have a picture of Ronald Reagan tattooed on one side of my butt and George Bush on the other.”
    “This I gotta see,” replied the agent. With that, the guy dropped his pants and showed the agent his behind.
    “By golly, you’re right!” exclaimed the agent. “Have a safe trip back to Chicago .”
    Thanks!” he said. “But how did you know I was from Chicago ?”
    The agent replied, “I recognized Obama in the middle.”

17. 2012 May 1 9:08 am
    judyt2012 permalink

If Obama had a son would he look like this guy?

My prayers to the family

18. 2012 May 1 9:31 am

another article on this http://www.buzzfeed.com/mhastings/will-resentful-navy-seals-swift-boat-obama

of course, the author is using “Swift Boat” like the Left wants it used: “a distortion of the truth”. Kerry was “Swift Boated” BY THE TRUTH.

And Obama needs to be too!

EVERY time I think the Scumbag-in-Chief can’t sink any lower…he does!! Amazing in its own way.

19. 2012 May 1 9:32 am

judy, for all you know that IS his son…or another scumbag relative

20. 2012 May 1 9:50 am

Happy May Day: 5 Anarchists Arrested for Trying to Blow Up Ohio Bridge:

21. 2012 May 1 10:04 am

We”re in the very best of hands …

22. 2012 May 1 10:48 am

23. 2012 May 1 10:49 am

#23 ATTACK WAAAAAAAAAATCH

24. 2012 May 1 10:50 am

I’m guessing those bridge bombers are OWS types although the article describes them as anarchists. Have their IQ’s been released? Maybe their LSAT scores for Harvard Law School are available.

25. 2012 May 1 10:58 am

26. 2012 May 1 11:03 am

IP, #23 and #26 are both outstanding!

Mullet…it’s now being reported that at least two of them are OWS organizers. Pelosi must be soooooo proud!

27. 2012 May 1 11:04 am

May day is just an excuse for violence. Super lame.

28. 2012 May 1 11:19 am

Tho the OWS crowd certainly would fit the temperment of a bomber, I don’t want to subscribe that much intelligence. Punching someone in the face is generally a crime of opportunity and passion. Attempting to bomb a bridge is a whole another level. Most of OWS I would not think have the brains to wire up an IED.

Have to wait and see I guess.

29. 2012 May 1 11:21 am

27, really. Shut my mouth, and ignore 29.

30. 2012 May 1 11:31 am
    judyt2012 permalink

Where did I read that the motto for the Hilter youth was FORWARD?

Now Obama is using it…

31. 2012 May 1 11:37 am

Suspect Douglas Wright is quoted by the FBI as predicting that a “s–t load” of anarchists would go to Chicago after leaving the Cleveland area “a pile of rubble and ashes,“ as anarchists in every major city throughout the country will ultimately be ”rioting and destroying each city.” [Emphasis added]
    — from the Blaze JR posted

And people wonder why I am positioning my family outside the immediate urban areas. They will be targeting city cores and support infrstructure. Bombers would have some prime targets that cross the Trinity River in Dallas. JR, thanks for the link.

32. 2012 May 1 11:44 am

#32 I linked it yesterday 🙂

33. 2012 May 1 12:15 pm

judyt2012 –

I don’t like Yahoo news … but the comments posted are giving me hope that TRUE American’s are waking up to the disaster in chief.

Don’t ask me why but Yahoo News commenters are some of the most conservative (other than conservative blogs). Many would be at home at BJG. CNN’s are among the most liberal.

34. 2012 May 1 12:44 pm

triple spike – POTUS to address nation from Afghanistan in a few hours.

35. 2012 May 1 1:48 pm

Another bloody month in Afghanistan. Wonder what the KIA count is in the “good war” since superhero CIC took over with his sensible rules of engagement.

Matter of fact, I don’t believe I have seen a KIA count since early 2009.

Funny that, it’s all the media used to report.

36. 2012 May 1 2:55 pm

post 37 ~~What are the tubular things around their wrists??? disposable dildo’s???

37. 2012 May 1 2:56 pm

post 38 put a micro chip on him with GPS co ordinates, give the info to the rugheads.

38. 2012 May 1 3:00 pm
    judyt2012 permalink

38 — Just when you think that the jackass meter has spiked to maximum… the Jackass in Chief manages to take it to an entirely new level of assholedness(?)

39. 2012 May 1 3:04 pm