Electing Conservatives in 2012

2012 May 4

We pretty much have accepted the premise that once again we are forced to hold our nose and (this time) vote for Mitt Romney. The future of our country is far too important to endure four more years of Barack Obama. But, there are many races in which the voters have a clear choice and can elect true conservatives over establishment Republicans. But, once again it appears we are going to have to fight the establishment tooth and nail to win.

One of these primaries is in Texas. where conservative Ted Cruz is closing the gap on Lieutenant Governor David Duwhurst for the seat being vacated by Kay Bailey Hutchison. Dewhurst is backed by the GOP establishment, including Texas Governor Rick Perry. Two other GOP candidates, one being part-time ESPN analyst and full-time crybaby Craig James, the man who helped destroy football at Southern Methodist and Texas Tech, hold 15% of the vote.

In Nebraska, conservative Don Stenberg faces off against establishment candidate Jon Bruning. The GOP establishment and U.S. Chamber of Commerce is supporting Bruning … he must be in favor of illegal aliens and open borders to have gained the Chamber’s support.

In Utah 78-year old Orrin Hatch faces a challenge from conservative Dan Liljenquist. This one looks like a long shot as even Mark Levin has lined up behind Hatch.

But the most important race is in Indiana, where 78-year old Dick Lugar, a 36 year veteran of the Senate is fighting for his political life against State Treasurer Dick Mourdock. The establishment is lined up solidly behind Mourdock (everyone from John McCain to Mitch Daniels to Peggy Noonan). The so-called Young Guns (an Eric Cantor organized group) is strongly supporting Lugar. Mourdock is supported by the Tea Party and the Club for Growth and has been endorsed by Sarah Palin. A poll released today shows Mourdock to be up by 10 points. The primary is next Tuesday.

Conservatives may have been thwarted in our attempt to nominate a conservative Presidential candidate, but there are still plenty of races in which we can make a difference.

Hat tip: The Daily Caller and WTHR-TV.

Image Detail

Hopefully, the end or an error … make that two errors.

1. 2012 May 4 12:32 pm

Cruz is a mole. He is a trial lawyer representing the chi comms. Talks a good game, but I wouldn’t trust an ambulance chaser. Dewhurst is no prize either, but probably the best choice.

2. 2012 May 4 12:52 pm
    MI Conservative permalink

DID you write this correctly?? The establishmentis backing Muordoch

3. 2012 May 4 12:59 pm

Good catch MIC. That’s what happens when I try to write a thread during lunch.

Did you catch the Flyers-Devils game last night? There has been some great playoff games this year.

4. 2012 May 4 1:15 pm

IP has it right on the Dewhurt/Cruz situation. They are both slimes for different reasons. And Lippinquit (sic) won’t even get 10% of the vote. Wish we could tick off ‘no confidence’ and force a special election in the primary.

5. 2012 May 4 1:25 pm

Hmmmm

watch video

6. 2012 May 4 1:41 pm

Glad to get your input on Cruz. I was thinking of sending a donation. Mark Levin has been praising him to the sky; but then Mark likes Hatch and Ann Coulter.

7. 2012 May 4 1:52 pm

Things are looking so bad for Lugar that even the Washington Post’s resident nut-job Dana Milbank is attempting to a$$.

Thankfully, very few Wa Po readers can vote in the Indiana Primary.

8. 2012 May 4 2:26 pm

birthday present for EPH.

9. 2012 May 4 2:40 pm
    MI Conservative permalink

bc-I had to miss the game last night. I had a date with Ms. Slovakia.

My prediction……Biden is dropped for Hillary. Escuse is going to be personal/health problems that Biden has. It will happen after the conventions are over.

10. 2012 May 4 2:42 pm
    MI Conservative permalink

Prediction 2- If Bill Clinton helps Obama get re-elected he has been promised the United Nations job.

11. 2012 May 4 2:43 pm
    MI Conservative permalink

Prediction 3- We find out at bjg that Eph and ip are really the same person with a split personality.

12. 2012 May 4 3:12 pm
    RepublicanPundit permalink

The country only added 116,000 jobs, but the unemployement rate went down to 8.1%. Go figure. Obama’s mathemagicians at work again.

By my reckoning, by Nov 1, 2012, there will be no jobs, no unemployment funds left, so no one will apply and no new jobs. The unemployment rate will be zero. The Media will hail this as less folks applied for uneployment is than expected and will celebrate.

Zero gets re-elected. The Rapture happens on Nov 7, 2012. The only people left will be those who voted for Obama and they will have to get his tatoo on their foreheads or will starve, which they truly deserve.

13. 2012 May 4 3:36 pm

12 – It’s hilarious isn’t it?

14. 2012 May 4 3:45 pm

MIC #11

Maybe it’s like the old “Sometimes I feel like a nut ….” commercial. Sometimes I feel like a Jew, sometimes I don’t”

Seriously, from what I’ve read in the Toronto Sun, the police have raided a number of strip clubs in Ontario recently. Perhaps Eph got “entrapped.”And you think I only “read” the Sun for the Sunshine Girls.

15. 2012 May 4 3:48 pm

Disability Claims Swell; I guess if you don’t have a job, your unemployment has run out and there’s nothing on the horizon:

16. 2012 May 4 4:18 pm

“Officer, I might be under the influence but the monkey was the one driving! — http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_ODD_DUI_ARREST_MONKEY?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2012-05-04-11-30-47

17. 2012 May 4 4:41 pm
    MI Conservative permalink

Yeah, I heard that there are some clubs in Toronto that didn’t only strip but performed live sex acts/shows and were targeted.

Luckily I wasn’t on the stage when they raided. I also put my sun glasses on and grabbed a white cane and told the cops I thought I was at a Subway Sub Shop so they let me go thinking I was blind.

18. 2012 May 4 4:52 pm

The Canadians are having a rough time. The last Canadian team to win the Stanley Cup was Montreal in 1993. Only two Canadian teams made the playoffs this year and neither made it past the first round. Now the Canadians are doing away with the penny.

Tough times north of the border.

19. 2012 May 4 5:38 pm
    MI Conservative permalink

But I like how they talk, Eh?

20. 2012 May 4 6:14 pm

Seized with no proof on riaa say so, year later still not proof.

21. 2012 May 4 7:15 pm

And people wonder why I prefer to deal only with open source software and compile from source for most of it.

22. 2012 May 4 7:31 pm

Forget the lock box, the IOU’s, the numbers. This is what is clearly SS demise —

I might as well have my parents move in and cut out the middleman.

23. 2012 May 4 8:21 pm

drdog – just more proof that the system needs to be burned down and these MFers in DC be taken out front and CRUCIFIED.

And those MFers that voted for them should be taken out front and IMPALED.

Just one day closer to the end.

24. 2012 May 4 8:24 pm

GN, I agree.

25. 2012 May 4 8:35 pm

drdog09 –

I saw that. As I wrote earlier today, I did a little investigation into census numbers since the number of U.S. workers is the lowest since 1981. In 1980 there were 226 million in the country. According to the 2010 census there were 308 million.

Much of this increase came as the result of immigration – much of it illegal. I can assure you that this is just the tip of the iceberg. If you take into account food stamps, Section 8 housing, unpaid medical bills, education costs and the other entitlements paid for by federal, state and local governments the annual cost is in the hundreds of billions.

26. 2012 May 4 8:42 pm

drdog09 – #23

SS has always been a Ponzi scheme, but when it was passed in 1935 it looked plausible. The average life expectency in the U.S. at the time was 61 so most people didn’t ever get a chance to collect a check. Since 1971 there have been 55 million abortions. Many of those aborted would be tax-paying citizens and some would even have adult children by now, who might also be paying taxes (if they could find work in Obama’s America).

Instead, we have 12 – 25 million illegal aliens sucking at the government’s teat.

27. 2012 May 4 9:08 pm

bc3b – when shit comes, I wont want to be anything but white. For illegals, browns , blacks and others – good luck!

Living in the Columbus area (Franklin County), I have heard from 3 different sources (unknown to each other) that the klan is alive and well outside Franklin County here in Ohio.

How true, I don’t know. But I do know that those in out lying areas don’t care for city folks (unless they know you). That they don’t care for blacks, browns or anything else BUT white. Those people don’t have much BUT they don’t like what these people are doing to the country.

Call it whatever you want BUT that is the facts of the case.

And as Glenn Beck has said, you could get the bubba effect off of one incident. And then all shit will break loose.
    And as I said, I would not want to be THEM.

28. 2012 May 4 9:29 pm

Head for the hocking hill country.

29. 2012 May 5 4:44 am

When the SHTF the cities will be ablaze. The folks that GN refers too will be shooting at everything regardless of color. Once folks in the rural areas realize that there is not sufficient food stuffs for all the hordes pouring out of the cities they will take down anyone who isn’t recognized as friend, neighbor or family.

But here is something I would like to know. A large percentage of our food stuffs are made on corporate farms. Does anyone know what % of those farms are foreign owned? Or have foreign interests?

30. 2012 May 5 4:58 am

Some people if they were smart would start banding together to buy small plots of acreage outside of urban areas as an escape plan. 3-4 families contributing the foods and gear needed to last 6 months or so.

31. 2012 May 5 5:07 am

Coming soon to ISP near you.

Really? Vimeo -it’s that like the creative commons version of youtube?

32. 2012 May 5 5:27 am

Most people don’t know that back in 1912, Hellmann’s mayonnaise was
    manufactured in England . In fact, the Titanic was carrying 12,000 jars of
    the condiment scheduled for delivery in Vera Cruz, Mexico, which was to be
    the next port of call for the great ship after its stop in New York.

This would have been the largest single shipment of mayonnaise ever
    delivered to Mexico . But as we know, the great ship did not make it to New
    York. The ship hit an iceberg and sank, and the cargo was forever lost.

The people of Mexico, who were crazy about mayonnaise, and were eagerly
    awaiting its delivery, were disconsolate at the loss. Their anguish was so
    great, that they declared a National Day of Mourning, which they still
    observe to this day. The National Day of Mourning occurs each year on May
    5th and is known, of course, as –

Sinko De Mayo.

33. 2012 May 5 5:30 am
    MI Conservative permalink

34. 2012 May 5 6:51 am

IP…I never knew the history of Sinko De Mayo until now! 🙂 🙂

35. 2012 May 5 7:02 am
    RepublicanPundit permalink

What’s to celebrate? A victory over France is not exceptional. Everybody whips their Ass!!!

36. 2012 May 5 7:05 am

RP, the new video I just posted shows our “beloved” Lord Obama as a penguin…perfectly!