Rand Paul: Didn’t Think Obama’s Views “Could Get any Gayer”

2012 May 14

There aren’t too many Republicans willing to take a public stand against the left and its assault on traditional values. There’s Sarah Palin and Rand Paul and ….

In a speech Friday, Rand Paul went on the attack against Barack Obama and his support of gay marriage:

Sen. Rand Paul mocked President Obama’s recent support of gay marriage on Friday, saying he didn’t think Obama’s views “could get any gayer.”

“The president recently weighed in on marriage and you know he said his views were evolving on marriage,” the Kentucky Republican said at Iowa’s Faith and Freedom Coalition meeting.  ”Call me cynical, but I wasn’t sure his views on marriage could get any gayer.”

The comments, which generated laughs, were made two days after Obama announced that he supported same-sex marriage, which he had previously opposed, while adding he thought the issue should be left up to the states to decide.

Paul was encouraging support for his father Ron Paul’s long-shot presidential campaign when the conversation turned to the news of the week.

“He said the biblical golden rule caused him to be for gay marriage,” Paul said. “I’m like what version of the Bible is he reading?”

Paul went on to say that he’s not preaching hateful dogma against people, but added that he didn’t believe people should give up on their traditions.

“Six thousand years of tradition” combined with “anthropological” evidence shows “there’s stability in the family unit,” he said.

Read More:

It’s interesting that gay marriage polls well in surveys but always never seems to win when put up to a vote. Could it be that people being polled are afraid to state their true feelings for fear of being considered a bigot? Voting is so impersonal.

1. 2012 May 14 7:28 am

Many people want appear PC when polled on certain issues.
    In the voting booth, it’s a different story.

2. 2012 May 14 7:37 am

DOW 12,000 anyone????

3. 2012 May 14 7:40 am

obama starting evolving on gay issues when he started running for public office. He is like all the other liberal corrupt politicians. Gays and the libs who support them are a voting block. Get the votes — to hell with societal norms or the debasement of the culture.

Now obama is out of the closet, and whether it was calculated or not, it may not prove to be politically beneficial other than the money chase.

The people want gays back in the closet, not stuffing wedding cake into each other’s mouths on the society page.

4. 2012 May 14 7:52 am

Another hollywood asshole idiot bites the dust.

5. 2012 May 14 8:33 am

It’s going to be interesting seeing if Obama continues to slip in the polls. I don’t think gay marriage will play that well with independents, but we’ll see. Personally, I don’t think most people want the streets to look like the crowd at an WNBA game, but we’ll see.

During the past 10 years television shows have really promoted homosexuality.

6. 2012 May 14 8:51 am
    beej permalink

During the past 10 years television shows have really promoted homosexuality.
    ~~~~~
    One of the ‘worst’ is ‘Glee.’ I thought it was going to be like the television version of ‘A High School Musical.’ or whatever that was out a couple years back by Disney. I am nearly 50 years older than the presumed target audience of Glee, and was shocked off my feet when I saw it. It is the most blatant type of propaganda I’ve ever seen…Of course the producer is openly gay. But with what kids are seeing this show would definitely sway their young minds to thinking being gay, lesbian, etc is a-ok. I would not permit my kids to watch this, if I had any still at home. This show definitely has an agenda.

7. 2012 May 14 9:02 am

OT, Soon up for auction once Kodak finishes bankruptcy proceedings, a nuclear reactor loaded with bomb grade uranium — http://gizmodo.com/5909961/kodak-had-a-secret-weapons+grade-nuclear-reactor-hidden-in-a-basement

Well at least you can’t shoot your foot off with it….

8. 2012 May 14 9:03 am
    judyt2012 permalink

I hope independents are traditional regarding marriage… Call it a civil union… leave it up to the states.

If people want to live in a liberal state… GO.

This is the problem that homosexuality has been promoted. Discussing the sexual orientation of a classmate was unheard of when I was in high school, but my nephew and niece who are in their senior and junior year respectively, openly acknowledge that the reason a friend did not go to the prom was she is a lesbian.

How does a teenager know … their immature little brains haven’t developed and instead of a natural progression of experimentation that they would out grow becomes an acceptable “lifestyle” because homosexuality has been promoted.

Learning how to function in relationships is one of the difficult parts of growing up. When you don’t need to figure out how to deal with the opposite sex you miss a part of emotional development.

9. 2012 May 14 9:11 am

Actions have consequences — http://hotair.com/archives/2012/05/14/wh-getting-blowback-from-african-american-churches-over-gay-marriage-stance/

Surely Obama did not think that the black churches would embrace this with glee.

10. 2012 May 14 9:16 am

They will still vote for the imposter, just like the jews.
    The bros will do like we do, hold our nose and vote for their respective dickwads as uaual.

11. 2012 May 14 9:33 am
    judyt2012 permalink

A friend of mine from another state who happens to be a lesbian told me once that life would be better being straight and it was not a matter of choosing a lifestyle.

At the time, she was a divorced mother of three adult children and grandmother of two. She was offended that homosexuality was being promoted as an option much like “Do you want fries with your order?”

Other than her preference in sex partner she is rather traditional and dislikes the promiscuity she sees in the gay community. She doesn’t think much of promiscuity in heterosexuals either.

12. 2012 May 14 9:42 am

“and it was not a matter of choosing a lifestyle. ”

Where’s the scientific proof that homosexuality is something one is “born” with???

I’m all ears…

13. 2012 May 14 9:45 am

If she didn’t “choose” it, why was she married with three kids????
    Seems like she made a choice to go lezzie somewhere in there.

14. 2012 May 14 9:46 am
    judyt2012 permalink

Another issue in the black community is the high rate of AIDS and HIV.

Now Obama evolves into his position that takes homosexuality from the down low to out in the open.

15. 2012 May 14 9:58 am
    judyt2012 permalink

She married young but never enjoyed sex with her ex-husband. Emotionally sex with her ex-husband was torture. She said it always was. She never admitted as much but I think her “choosing” was a matter of a response to an abusive marriage. She didn’t trust men.

Her point was that if a woman found enjoyment with sex with men then she shouldn’t be “choosing” to be a lesbian. Her point was the same for men, unless one had a physical revulsion to the opposite sex where they just couldn’t perform/enjoy then they shouldn’t be choosing a gay lifestyle.

I think her “choice” was escaping from an unhappy childhood home and marriage being the method of escape. She certainly wanted her children to marry a member of the opposite sex.

16. 2012 May 14 10:06 am

I’m all ears… — Eph

Sir, you are not taking your observation to its logical conclusion.

1/ There will never be a published finding that homosexuality is a genetic or other disorder. Even if one is found.
    2/ For if /1/ were to be true then some scientist would very quickly say. “It is a disease and we have a cure for that!”
    3/ At that point the whole gay community thing goes from a `lifestyle` to a Big Pharma 30 second spot on late night TV.

17. 2012 May 14 10:09 am

“Many black churches have been struggling to get the fathers back into the homes and mothers to stop having children out of wedlock and multiple baby daddies.”

Stop paying for extraneous children and the birthing will stop.

18. 2012 May 14 10:09 am

Judy –

You are quite correct when you say “a natural progression of experimentation that they would out grow becomes an acceptable “lifestyle” because homosexuality has been promoted.”

TV, Hollywood, the educational system and the liberal elites have been openly promoting the homosexual lifestyle for the decade or more. Homosexuals are always protrayed positively and as characters with whom viewers, readers and students can view with compassion.

19. 2012 May 14 10:12 am

Eph –

I’m sure you can relate: my landladies are 50-something Jewish lawyers. Today I noticed an Obama 2012 bumper sticker on one of their cars.

20. 2012 May 14 10:21 am

“We view Mitt Romney as a job destroyer,” says one former mill worker in the ad. Another calls Bain “a vampire. They came in and sucked the life out of us.” — Obama ad

Like we all haven’t discussed this as a possible attack point against Romney during the primary runup. It will have a traction with some. But considering that `vampire` is being portrayed in such glowing terms by Hollyweird it may not get noticed.

21. 2012 May 14 10:36 am

“There will never be a published finding that homosexuality is a genetic or other disorder. ”

If so, then keep an eye on the abortion rate.

There’s a reason why there is “no science” behind homosexuality is something you are born with

22. 2012 May 14 10:39 am

“Even with all Obama has done to screw the Israelis, my guess is that he receives 70 percent of the jewish vote.”

Depends on the VP. If Mittens picks a tea party candidate then Hussein will get 80+% of the Jewish vote. I’m guesing around 80%+ if he picks Susana Martinez. A pro life woman on the ticket will scare the shit out of athiest Jews all over the country, alas Sara Palin.

23. 2012 May 14 10:49 am

Eph #22 –

In 2008 McCain got 21% of the Jewish vote, so it appears that little has changed in the past four years.

I would hate to see a poll among U.S. Jews asking them to prioritize between keeping abortion legal and continued existence of Israel. I’m afraid I know how that would come out.

24. 2012 May 14 10:52 am

“I would hate to see a poll among U.S. Jews asking them to prioritize between keeping abortion legal and continued existence of Israel.”

Yikes!

me too

25. 2012 May 14 10:55 am

BC,

As far as I know “Dr Laura” is the only “outspoken” pro-life Jewish woman out there.

I don’t think Pamela Gellar is pro-life but I might be wrong.

26. 2012 May 14 11:03 am

I don’t think Pamela Gellar is pro-life but I might be wrong.

Hmmm. Ya know I have never read any of her writings that make that stance. Tho its pretty hard to parse a pro-life position as view apart from a staunch conservative position on everything else.

27. 2012 May 14 11:19 am

Obama is now going to do several high-profile visits to Black Churches to try and mend those fences. We’ll see how successful he is.

28. 2012 May 14 11:24 am
    judyt2012 permalink

Sex is a behavior, and SHOCK… sex is not necessary element of a person’s life.

(We are also discovering that sexual intercourse is not necessary for procreation either… but that is really another subject.)

So the issue is really that if a person does engage in sexual behavior then it is all a matter of preference. It is a preference pretty much the way people select desserts. Some like cake, others ice cream or pie and some people never have dessert. Okay, maybe it isn’t that elementary.

Everyone at one time or another has had a sexual thought about a member of their own gender — either conscious or subconscious. That is normal. But thinking and doing are two different things.

To be sure everyone at one time or another has had a murderous thought or maybe just mayhem thought about another person, but again… thinking isn’t doing.

At some point aren’t we suppose to exercise some control over our bodies?

Why? Because tradition and morality taught us to behave a certain in a way for the benefit of both society as a whole but also individually for the benefit of our own spiritually or soul.

Even my friend referenced above had a third choice … she could have remained celibate.

I am reminded of the Seinfield Master of My Universe episode. If we are not masters of our own behavior then what?

[Disclaimer: Of course it is much easier to have these thoughts at 53 than 23.]

29. 2012 May 14 11:48 am

A Tea to take Nebraska seat?? http://polipundit.com/?p=38375 Huge shift in polling.

30. 2012 May 14 11:52 am

sex is not necessary element of a person’s life. — Judy

Judy, next thing you know you are going to say booze is not either. 🙂

31. 2012 May 14 11:56 am

Obama is at the point where the groups being pandered to are starting to figure out that Obama is also pandering to OTHER groups that they disagree with…and even DESPISE! — JR

Yessir reedy!! Not my observation but I agree with it. The Democratic party is a coalition of specialized interests, many in opposition, whose smooth functioning is lubricated by federal money. When the money dries up the grit of opposing views will destroy the party. Well the days of easy money are drawing neigh. They will implode on their own contra interests as the various factions fight over ever fewer federal dollars.

32. 2012 May 14 12:05 pm
    judyt2012 permalink

Yep — not only am I single I also quit drinking…

but then those who will not be named thought my snarky bitchy demeanor was because I wasn’t getting any.

LOL… I’m a lot nicer now… so not only is she wrong but it might explain why I am single 😉

All depends on if you want to live in the world or of the world.

33. 2012 May 14 12:35 pm
    JBoz permalink

The gay marriage thing is a head-fake IMHO, and a calculated ploy by the Obama campaign. The people on both dies who have strong feelings (pro or con) are now fired up, but their votes won’t change – so a wash there. The folks who feel less strongly about it probably create much vote movement either, and they will lose about the same number of votes as they will gain. I think this was driven by the fact that Hollywood was starting to soften a bit on them, and Obama needs the A-list to rally. Gay marriage gets Hollywood solidly back in “leg tingle” mode, and the gamble also factors in that independents and moderates will take their focus off the dismal job Obama has done with the economy just long enough to soften a few of them as well. They did the math – trust me. They still might have miscalculated though, as incompetence seems to be a hallmark of these dopes.

34. 2012 May 14 1:04 pm
    judyt2012 permalink

JBOZ — and it serves as a total distraction to the real issues… Obama’s actions made the recession worse and the only reason there is any growth bump at all is that the Fed is pouring cheap money into the economy.

Without the Fed actions I am not so sure that the recession numbers Obama inherited would now look twice as bad.

35. 2012 May 15 5:09 am

Anybody still want rubio for V.P ???