Sins of Our Leaders, Profits of the Commons

2012 May 10
tags:
by drdog09

This is probably going to cause some howls in some quarters. I don’t give two twits about Obama’s ‘evolution’. First because if somebody wants to do it with someone else have at it. Just don’t push an agenda which I do have a problem with. Second, like everything else Obama’s does he did this for the money. He garnered a cool $1m in a couple of hours doing so. The Church (all of them) better watch out though. This swing of events could turn into a Norway type situation vis a vis homosexuality in the public square.

But that is a sideshow folks. The real issue is two intertwined bigger issues. A) The Fed – Wall Street alignment and B) the failure and underreach of Congress.

The Fed: There are a lot of nits one could pick from. However the core issue once distilled is the socialization of private failure as public debt but profits remaining private. Once the Politicios believed that a Broad St wipe out meant financial amageddon the die was cast. TARP released the barrier and as a result companies like GM, Sachs, BA and others partook of the spoils.

Now the out cry was that many of the finanical instituions were ‘Too Big to Fail’. OK. But it stands to reason that if an institution is too big it fail then it should be deemed too big to exist. A nudge should have been supplied by the Govt to the offending instituions to start divesting under their own power with the understanding that antitrust is available if they don’t. Where we at? Those self same institutions are even bigger and nearly just as vulnerable as they were in 2008. Which brings us to —

Our Leaders:
That we stand nearly the same place as we did in 2008 is a failure of Leadership. Other than Paul, Ryan and a few others the balance have decided it is better to receive from Caesar their talons of gold than replow the fields and permit new shafts of wheat to take hold in the financial sector. Their failure is our failure.

Yet the these self same leaders also have the mentality of the profits of the commons. Ever notice that the Pols always stand beside two pillars? On the one that check you just wrote to the IRS is THEIR MONEY. The other pillar being that the debts of the govt are YOUR DEBTS. We need to point out to the Pols that there is no public debts to which I must subscribe. No one has come to us to sign a mortgage agreement. I say that to make the reader realize that when the SHTF you will be on your own. We are past the point that if we taxed everyone 100% of all income for the year to be able to pay off the national debt. The current debt on and off books exceeds the GDP of the country.

But even this monumental as it is pales in comparison to Congresses real failure. That is its assertion as being the top banana in the Constitutional order. There is a reason that the Executive is in Article II of that document. It was deemed the caretaker of the land not its master. But Congress since WWII has been ceding vast tracts of its power to the Executive. Just consider recent legislation. A good deal of it leaves to the Executive the how and means of execution of the Laws passed. That is followed by signing statements from the Executive in how they interpret the law. Which is our first clue as to how bad the law was written. If it takes ‘clarification’ from one branch to another then its a bad law.

Or lets take the case of laws with sunset dates. Not that its a bad idea. The whole TARP thing for example. It should have a sunset date. It was emergency legislation. But how about VAWA? Here is a law that can land a spouse in jail without due process, abridgment of civil rights and loss of income. Yet… If Joe slapped his wife around two years ago he’s in jail, federal felony. Johnny who commits the same act next year only gets a misdemeanor charge. (Provided VAWA is not reupped.) Talk about miscarriage of justice. The legislative branch would consider this a none issue. The reality is if a piece of legislation is intended for only a short period maybe it should be reevaluated as to whether it is needed at all. Those sort of enabling acts cause more problems than they solve.

The final blow is the mentality that Politicians have to ‘Do Something!’. I would be willing to pay double for them to sit on their asses and do nothing. The tip off that much of what goes for legislation is the moniker ‘His signature legislative act of his career’. We’re talking law here folks not a block buster movie. It is a lack of humbleness to think in such terms.

That ladies and gentlemen leads us to the hubris of vanity and failure. We are just about there.

1. 2012 May 10 4:57 pm

I see the day coming that people in fly over country will just ignore DC.

From Luke Chapter 11.

45 One of the [af] lawyers *said to Him in reply, “Teacher, when You say this, You insult us too.” 46 But He said, “Woe to you lawyers as well! For you weigh men down with burdens hard to bear, [ag]while you yourselves will not even touch the burdens with one of your fingers. 47 Woe to you! For you build the [ah]tombs of the prophets, and it was your fathers who killed them. 48 So you are witnesses and approve the deeds of your fathers; because it was they who killed them, and you build their tombs. 49 For this reason also the wisdom of God said, ‘ I will send to them prophets and apostles, and some of them they will kill and some they will [ai]persecute, 50 so that the blood of all the prophets, shed since the foundation of the world, may be [aj]charged against this generation, 51 from the blood of Abel to the blood of Zechariah, who was killed between the altar and the house of God; yes, I tell you, it shall be [ak]charged against this generation.’ 52 Woe to you [al] lawyers! For you have taken away the key of knowledge; you yourselves did not enter, and you hindered those who were entering.”

This clearly depicts what DC does to us the people. Sooner or later the people will realize that DC is the problem. That they hinder us and we would be better off without them.

The day is fast approaching that I will not comply. My question to the bureaucrat or law enforcement officer is – I am willing to die for what I believe in, are you willing to die for what someone else believes in?

2. 2012 May 10 5:47 pm

JPM trading desk, worlds largest goes bust today — http://www.zerohedge.com/news/worlds-largest-prop-trading-desk-just-went-bust

3. 2012 May 10 6:36 pm
    MI Conservative permalink

bc, got to ask you something.

Over here in West Michigan we have lost quite a few Blacks who have decided to return to the south and elsewhere for jobs. Is that the case in the Detroit area? Do you think there is enough to make a difference in November across the state in elections? Do you think Romney has a chance to carry Michigan with the ‘burbs of Detroit and demographic differences + Detroit population losses? Did the bailout keep even Reagan Democrats in Obama’s camp?

I was doubtful but can see lots of openings for Romney to carry Michigan. Still the odds have to be with Obama …….Am I dreaming?

4. 2012 May 10 6:38 pm
    MI Conservative permalink

Of course the ones that don’t want a job stayed here and plan on the gov’t to take care of them . HAHA

5. 2012 May 10 6:43 pm

MI Conservative –

There are some blacks in the Detroit area who are returning to the South, but I have no idea how many. A significant number of blacks are moving to the inner ring suburbs due to the drop in housing prices.

I have a feeling that the possibility of Romney winning Michigan depends on the economy more than anything else. Michigan is a strange state in terms of voting. The GOP controls the governorship and both houses of the state legislature, most state offices and 9 of 15 (soon to be 9 of 14). Yet, it appears likely Debbie Stabenow (dumb, fat and ugly) is a favorite to be re-elected.

6. 2012 May 10 7:22 pm

#1 That is EXACTLY what they do.

7. 2012 May 10 7:32 pm

Gnqanq: “My question to the bureaucrat or law enforcement officer is – I am willing to die for what I believe in, are you willing to die for what someone else believes in?”

Wow…just, WOW! That is exactly the right question! Bravo!!

8. 2012 May 10 8:32 pm
    Wylie E. Coyote permalink

The moral and constitutional obligations of our representatives in Washington are to protect our liberty, not coddle the world, precipitating no-win wars, while bringing bankruptcy and economic turmoil to our people. – Ron Paul

9. 2012 May 10 8:34 pm
    Wylie E. Coyote permalink

It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones. – Calvin Coolidge

10. 2012 May 11 2:12 am
    judyt2012 permalink

And the irony never ends, for the very people who assert slavery is our greatest national sin (it isn’t abortion is) willing make themselves the slaves of all taxpayers.

Consider it, each of us who pays taxes is the indirect OWNER of those who look to the government to provide for their needs.

11. 2012 May 11 2:23 am
    judyt2012 permalink

oops …. willingly (its early here)

12. 2012 May 11 8:19 am
    judyt2012 permalink

LOL — morning DC radio: People are canceling their WaPo subscriptions… some are calling up and canceling for a secondtime the subscriptions they canceled several years ago over the Palin hatchet pieces. (I canceled mine back then and refused to buy it since)

Now it seems that the only “eye-witness” to the Romney harassment event is a zealot, far left wing Obama supporter. The other person quoted at length was not a witness.

I understand fish are even objected to being wrapped in the WaPo because it stinks.

Birds are refusing to have their cages lined with the WaPo because they don’t want that poop touching their poop.

13. 2012 May 11 8:49 am

That would make a great satire piece, with carefully chosen witnesses from the fish world, etc.

14. 2012 May 11 9:12 am

Cruz vs dewhurst:

It would appear that the charges against cruz are
    munufactured bravo sierra by the dewhurst camp.
    Dewhurst may be a squish in drag, as he is I believe a “moderate”
    I will opt for cruz.

15. 2012 May 11 10:01 am

Woman reporter fired by Houston Chronicle for moonlighting as a stripper. I always thought being a stripper was more ethical than being a whore (MSM reporter).

Link has photos (including one of Gloria Alred – for which I am issuing a barf alert):

16. 2012 May 11 10:07 am

#14

As a fish, I prefer to be wrapped in the watery world of my own tidal pool, but if misfortune should befall me, wrap me in clean parchment paper.

Wrapping a conservative fish in the Washington Post would be akin to wrapping a muslim in a Oscar Meyer Center Cut Bacon carton.

17. 2012 May 11 10:14 am

After experiencing the discomfort and embarrassment of a colonoscopy in Chicago, I decided to have my next one carried out while visiting friends in San Francisco , where the beautiful nurses are allegedly much more gentle and accommodating.

As I lay naked on my side on the table, the gorgeous nurse began my procedure.

“Don’t worry, at this stage of the procedure it’s quite normal to get an erection,” the nurse told me.

“I haven’t got an erection,” I replied.

“No, but I have,” replied the nurse.

Lesson: Don’t get a colonoscopy in San Francisco .

18. 2012 May 11 10:42 am
    judyt2012 permalink

ip—

there you go again with the butt and GLBT humor… the mouthbreathing pollwatchers will read into that all sorts of closetphobias.

😉

19. 2012 May 11 11:08 am

Methinks they doth protest too much. 😀

20. 2012 May 11 2:39 pm

re: top post – Well put doggy.
    re: #2 – I wish I could say I’m surprised, but I’d not.