Final Thoughts – UPDATED

2012 November 7

NOTE: we are trying to find a way to leave the site up for a few more days…stay tuned.  See comments #34 & #38 for context

It’s been a great three plus year run. I would like to thank JR and JM for giving me a forum on which to rant and the opportunity to meet many wonderful conservatives who are very interested in saving this country for future generations.

Like JM, I am concerned about the future of the world, but for very different reasons. As a Catholic, I am not as interested in reading the Bible (especially the Old Testament) as Evangelicals. I think if God is going to bring an end to the world, it’s because we have become a Sodom and Gomorrah, not because of Israel. Since Roe versus Wade we have murdered nearly ten times as many babies as Jews that died in the Holocaust. And, that doesn’t include China with its “one baby” policy, abortions in Europe and Russia, where abortion became widespread before it did in the U.S. In addition to abortion, Maine and Maryland both passed bills legalizing gay marriage. Maryland was originally the Catholic colony. Abnormal has become normal, light has become darkness and lies have become truth.

Like JR and many others, I am concerned about the future of our nation. Many conservatives are older and will be dying, only to be replaced by college students and the new immigrants, both legal and illegal. Any chance of saving our republic has to come from whites, educated Hispanics who love the United States (and don’t want it to become like Mexico or Central America) and maybe 2% (at most) of blacks. As JR’s atatistics pointed out, there are 74 million more people in the U.S. since 1980, which has tremendously changed our demographics to favor the Democrats.

While I am not optimistic about our nation’s future, I refuse to stop fighting. Our greatest enemies are not the Democrats and liberals. Our greatest enemies are the media, our public education system, government bureaucracy and the courts. The media censors the news and works to destroy good people like Sarah Palin and Allen West. The public education system places greater emphasis on political correctness and indoctrination than educating our young people. Bureaucrats and the courts are working against the will of the American people. We must continue to work to enlighten our fellow citizens, as stupid as many of them are.

Perhaps a major event will change things although all 9-11 (both the first or second) did was get liberals (and the government) concerned about offending Muslims.

I wish each and every one of you and your families the best. Hopefully, our paths will cross again on Poli or some other sites.

JM, I hope your Clippers win the NBA championship. I won’t be following them but I am sure you will.

I have enjoyed spending the last three plus years with you and consider each of you friends.

As stated, I will attempt to keep the football pools going for the balance of the season. The NFL Division is a real dog fight.

bc3b

1. 2012 November 7 11:32 am

Today Rush was talking about the exit polls and how the Dems’ emotional appeal really appealed to a large portion of voters, who really believe that Barack Obama really cares about the middle class and what’s best for the country.

Hurricane Sandy really helped Obama, as did the Fatman.

2. 2012 November 7 11:45 am

Yeah, Rush’s opening was who is the better Santa Claus. 8)

3. 2012 November 7 11:49 am

drdog 09 –

Even liberal athiests believe in Santa.

Ron, you are one of the people I will miss the most. At least we won’t be bumping and removing posts simultaneously any more.

I just made my first post in a long, long time at Poli. Hope to see you there.

Brian

4. 2012 November 7 11:50 am
    mpthompson permalink

Very strange election. More than 12 million fewer people voted for President this year than in 2008. Obama had 10 million less than the 69 million he received in 2008 and Romney had 2 million fewer votes than the 59 million McCain did. I honestly cannot understand how any conservative leaning voter could stay home and not vote. I honestly can’t. If all of McCain voters had returned this year it would have very likely been a Romney victory as Obama’s margin of victory in the swings states was very thin.

If you had told me yesterday morning that Obama would lose 10 million votes from the 69 million he received in 2008, I would have thought Mitt’s chances were 99% to win.

I’m stunned. I know why so many more people didn’t vote for Obama, but where did the conservative voters go?

5. 2012 November 7 11:55 am

#4 Where did they go? They went and sat on their butts because they didn’t get their perfect candidate. Not a lot of folks believed me when I said Evangelicals would stay home in droves because Romney is a mormon, but that was a HUGE part of this.

6. 2012 November 7 12:07 pm

I guess conservatives didn’t learn from 2008, although conservatives tend to be older so some of the 2 million may no longer be with us.

7. 2012 November 7 12:08 pm

From the bottom of my heart, bc3b- THANK YOU for all you have contributed both to this site, and to my life. Also, the Clippers will indeed win. 😀

8. 2012 November 7 12:17 pm

JM –

If the Clippers win, send me an email. I want to be aware of it (but not enough to watch).

9. 2012 November 7 12:49 pm
    mpthompson permalink

#5, I hope you are wrong, but suspect you are right. Talk about cutting of your nose to spite your face. If everyone felt that way about others holding different religious beliefs when this nation was first founded, we would have never become a nation to begin with.

Mitt Romney is a man of good character, major accomplishments and valuable skills that this nation desperately needs in a President. If Mitt were raised Catholic, Quaker, Baptist, Presbyterian or Lutheran, he would still be the same person inside, just the details of his faith would be different.

As someone without faith and on the outside, looking in, I really don’t understand religious bigotry between the different branches of Christianity. It is antithetical to the teachings of the Bible, is it not? Does not everyone pray to the same God?

Oh well, I hope the evangelicals that stayed home can feel pure as they secure their entry into Heaven. Unfortunately, the rest of us have to live in the chaos that is left behind in this world.

10. 2012 November 7 12:50 pm
    TLS permalink

A very special note to Retlaw. Thank you so much for your dedicated service. May God’s hand be upon you and his blessing surround you and Mary as you move on to your next calling.

11. 2012 November 7 1:19 pm

Gov Moonbeam called it right in hindsight. He knows that when it gets down to it, so long as an Obama is in office he will be bailed out.

12. 2012 November 7 1:57 pm

bc, IP, drdog, judy, RP, Inc, beej, TLS and others who contributed posts and comments……

Thank you for all your work to make this site so special and so appealing. I could always count on interesting reading and congenial conversation, and I made BJG part of my daily routine for four great years. I shall miss it greatly. My very best wishes to all of you.

I thought I was through posting after thanking JR and JM for being great hosts, but it seems I cannot let go.

Maybe this time.

13. 2012 November 7 2:06 pm

Mullet –

Tell the truth. You came here for the cheerleaders.

14. 2012 November 7 2:38 pm

#13

A pleasant diversion.

15. 2012 November 7 2:46 pm
    RepublicanPundit permalink

To all of my friends I cherish on this page:

We have fought the good fight and we did so with honor and respect.

I have concluded that all this is God’s will to bring about his agenda for the world. I accept his will.

I will miss all of you on a daily basis, but I am so despondent about the future of the country that I cannot see a way to change it.

Goodbye for now and God Bless each of you and yours. I would ask God to bless this country, however, I believe that he has turned his back on us.

The only thing I pray for now is for our families. I also pray for a “Great Revival” and ask God to bring it about.

With very kind Regards.

Randy Morrell

16. 2012 November 7 3:31 pm

~~~BLAST FROM THE PAST~~~~~

BECAUSE OF JUSTMARY WHO ISN’T CONTRARY,
    UPON THIS SITE WE WILL DO WELL TO TARRY,
    FOR LET US ALL EXALT IN BEJOHNGALT,
    FOR US IT IS AN ADMIRABLE GESTALT,
    A PLACE FROM WHICH THE LEFT WE CAN HARRY.

THERE ONCE WAS A RAND QUITE JUST,
    HIS POLITICAL INSIGHT WAS ROBUST,
    BEJOHNGALT WAS HIS TRUSTY STEED,
    FROM WHICH TO MAKE THE MARXISTS BLEED,
    MAY THEY NEVER DODGE HIS RAPIER’S THRUST.

KUDOS TO THE REPUBLICAN PUNDIT,
    HIS POSTINGS ARE NEVER REDUNDANT,
    AS A DENIZEN OF THE TENNESSEE HILLS,
    THIS FLYBOY APPLIES US HIS LITERARY SKILLS,
    AND TO OUR DELIGHT, THEY ARE MOST ABUNDANT.

THERE ONCE WAS A MULLET QUITE CONTRARY,
    HID UNDER THE MOSS, ALWAYS WARY,
    THE DITCH CARP OF THE LEFT WITH SUCKER SNOUT,
    WERE ALWAYS ON THE PROWL MUCKING ABOUT,
    TO THEIR GOOD FORTUNE THEY NEVER CALLED HIM OUT.

THERE WAS A YAHOO WHO CAME FROM THE RIGHT,
    SEEKING OUT LIBERALS FOR WHOM TO SMITE,
    ALL WAS FAIR GAME IN THIS TURKEY SHOOT,
    RIGHT WING YAHOO DIDN’T GIVE A HOOT,
    ONE THING FOR SURE, HE WAS NEVER CONTRITE

THERE ONCE WAS A CANINE PHYSICIAN,
    SNIFFING OUT MOONBATS WAS HIS MISSION,
    HE COULD MAKE A BASKERVILLE HOUND QUIVER,
    OF THE LIBERALS HE WOULD MAKE CHOPPED LIVER,
    DARE NOT DISSUADE HIM OF THIS MISSION.

THERE ONCE WAS A HAWK OF THE NIGHT,
    BUT ALAS HE HAS TAKEN AFLIGHT,
    FROM THE POLIBOARD HE DID ABSQUATULATE,
    BUT WE ARE NOT BEREFT OF HIS SPIRITED DEBATE,
    BECAUSE TO BEJOHNGALT HE DID RE ALIGHT.

HERE’S TO THE LASSES I’VE LOVED MY LADS,
    HERE’S TO THE LIPS I’VE PRESSED,
    LIKE LOVE AND LASSES, & LIQUOR IN GLASSES,
    THE LAST IS ALWAYS THE BEST.

YOU ALL BE THE BEST, DON’T GO QUIETLY INTO THAT DARK NIGHT.

~~~IP~~~

17. 2012 November 7 3:50 pm

Ip, thank you for that “blast from the past”

I have been literally “dark” all day…the power company was replaceing lines in our neighborhood

Some more “final thoughts” from me…

– “Retreat, hell! We’re not retreating, we’re just advancing in a different direction” …really
    I am through voting. Four words I never ever thought I would think, say, or write. But I am indeed through.
    – 2016 is meaningless. Barack Obama was wrong in 2008 when he said America needed to be “Fundamentally transformed”. But my 2016 it WILL need to be…or replaced.
    – I will miss all of you desperately…will think of you often…and will be in touch
    – Winter’s coming!!!
    – In 2016 a Democrat will be elected President…I will bet anyone $10,000 on that right now…truly. Takers? You would be a fool to take the bet. By 2016 the Republican Party will have fractured, and though the Libertarian Party and others will have grown, a Democrat will be elected because the other factions will split any opposition.
    – WATCH YOUR SIX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    – Be careful who you share “disloyal” thoughts about Obama with…VERY careful
    – Pray for Israel, Taiwan, South Korea…the removal of America from the world stage will fall on those three first. Then Japan, Ukraine and Poland.

Since the site will not go fully dark until tomorrow, I will swing by once more.

This is VERY VERY hard for me.

18. 2012 November 7 3:56 pm

I am so sad today. SO sad. This has to be done though. While the site is still up, you are free to comment. I will still read them, and respond. We are working on the shut down process, sadly and slowly, but shut down it will be. I have your email addresses, and will be in touch.

19. 2012 November 7 4:21 pm
    MI Conservative permalink

WTF! Is everyone going away or something???????????

I don’t get it! I just turned everything off so I wouldn’t get too upset but I’m back like the smell of my nasty little shoes!!

There is always another fight. I may not be posting as much but I’ll be visiting. Hell, 2014 is just around the corner.

20. 2012 November 7 4:26 pm
    MI Conservative permalink

Jeesh, I didn’t realize you were shutting down. Sorry to hear that.

Dang, I’m going to miss this.

And, i’m going to miss you all. And I wish you all the best. I consider you all friends. i’ll pray for all of you.

21. 2012 November 7 4:35 pm

MIC…we are shutting down, and tremendously sad about it.

We have all fought for 4 years…without rest. NO EFFECT.

Quitting? No, we’re shrugging. And if shrugging doesn’t work? Thomas Jefferson is instructive on that point.

The 2014 mid-terms do NOT matter…nor does 2016. The Republican Party is finished…and thus the Democrats will do whatever they please going forward.

22. 2012 November 7 4:40 pm

MIC,

I mirror JR’s comments. The O and Hairy will paint the Reps/Boehner as obstructionist to the socialist nirvana. Ms. Piggy will get her gavel back and then its a finish. Sorry to be so glum.

Levin is ripping the Rep Establishment as I type this. Watch your back my friend.

23. 2012 November 7 4:41 pm

I pray you are wrong.

I remember in 1973 after the Nixon garbage my dad told me that the Republican Party was dead and it would never return. Then came Reagan.

I gotta believe there is still a Reagan out there somewhere.

And even with Roberts and Kennedy the SCOTUS is leaning right. If they can block a few things and stay alive maybe good things will happen.

Executive Orders can be changed by the next president.

I truly believe a White man would not have won re-election. I also believe evangelicals let us down because Romney was a Mormon.

24. 2012 November 7 4:44 pm

drdog, Reid announced today he is going to change the Senate rules…and the media is indeed already setting up the House as THE obstruction to moving FORWARD!

25. 2012 November 7 4:46 pm
    MI Conservative permalink

I’m sorry — there are some great lines in this song. I guess I refuse to give up, I refuse to give in! God didn’t put me on this Earth to bow down to anyone who doesn’t follow his word.

“One Love”

It’s kinda funny how life can change
    Can flip 180 in a matter of days
    Sometimes love works in mysterious ways
    One day you wake up gone without a trace

[bridge]
    I refused to give up
    I refused to give in
    You’re my everything
    I don’t wanna give up
    I don’t wanna give in, oh no
    Everybody sings

[chorus]
    One love – for the mother’s pride
    One love – for the times we cried
    One love – gotta stay alive
    I will survive
    One love – for the city streets
    One love – for the hip-hop beats
    One love, Oh I do believe
    One love is all we need

Late at night I’m still wide awake
    Feel this is far more than I can take
    I thought my heart could never break
    Now I know that’s one big mistake

26. 2012 November 7 4:48 pm

Obama is going to consolidate power in a fashion that will be truly breathtaking. And the media will help!

Americans are about to find out just what they will or won’t do for FOOD, MEDICINE, and FUEL. Hint…there is very little they won’t do…just like any other human being. Again: watch your six!

27. 2012 November 7 4:54 pm

MIC –

I am moving to Polipundit. Why not join me?

28. 2012 November 7 4:55 pm
    booshkindoggin permalink

I was tempted to expound on the topic that the American people only lost this election, not Mitt nor RINOS nor evangelicals. But a morning appointment in Fremont, CA took me past the shuttered Solyndra Plant on Freeway 880. I got nothing.

29. 2012 November 7 4:56 pm

JR #26 –

Unfortunately it was Bush41 1nd Bush43 that killed Reaganism.

30. 2012 November 7 4:58 pm

MIC, God love ya…I’m not giving up…just shrugging.

I have devoted a minimum of 20 hours per week to this site for 4 years…often considerably more. And it was a labor of love, for this country and for the patriots on this site. I will investing that time differently now…that’s all.

‘Taras Bulba’ is a an underated movie about the Cossacks return from betrayal and defeat, to victory over the Poles. They took a generation to do so…we don’t have that long.

America has essentially not even blinked at the massive overreach by Obama and his allies…and just reelected him to boot. Freedom, once coveted by this nation is now just a word in the dictionary wedged between ‘Freebie’ and ‘Freestyle’.

Bread & Circuses…only we’re gonna run out of bread pretty soon.

31. 2012 November 7 4:59 pm

the site will still be up for about 24 hours…I’ll be in and out.

more later

32. 2012 November 7 5:00 pm

MIC..the media/Left/Dems will not allow another Reagan…they learned their lesson. — JR

Dude. The Dems? Hell our own Rep Establishment types won’t permit another Reagan. The Dems are a second thought. Like a second string short stop coming up from the minors…..

33. 2012 November 7 5:02 pm

Oh, well we found out last week they are not above dumpster diving for food.

34. 2012 November 7 5:18 pm
    JBoz permalink

New Gravatar alert – FINAL EDITION

As bad as I feel about Obama’s reelection, somehow I feel worse about BJG closing down. This is like a punch in the gut, and I didn’t see it coming. I was hopeful, and somewhat emotionally prepared thatObama might somehow pull it off (and folks, this election was a stacked deck from the get go). But I guess I was naive in thinking that BJG would be here to offer comfort, solace and communion with kindred spirits. I wasn’t prepared for this. Now is when BJG is needed most. I am deeply sad, and JM/JR I ask you once again to reconsider, if even only for a short time (a few weeks) to provide an outlet during this tumultuous time. PLEASE????

35. 2012 November 7 5:34 pm
    MI Conservative permalink

Man, I’m sorry. I know it takes a lot of time to keep this site up. I apologize for my rudeness and lack of appreciation. I do appreciate it more than i can say. THANK YOU!!!!

bc, I was on polipundit for a long time till Oak leaf just went to far. I think that is a good alternative again. I’ll see where everything goes.

36. 2012 November 7 5:37 pm

MIC –

I am certainly not giving up, but we face far different problems than we did in 1980:

1. The demographics have changed considerably since 1980 – Many, if not most, of the 74 million additional people are from third world countries rather than capitalist democracies
    2. The media wasn’t nearly as biased. Sure, it didn’t like Reagan, but it didn’t openly campaign for Carter.
    3. People were not as dependent on the government. A much higher percentage than 53% paid Federal income tax. There were no free “Obama Phones.”
    4. Public schools were not as much into indoictrination. A larger percentage of people – like you and me – were the product of Catholic or other private schools. Political correctness meant the brothers and nuns didn’t draw blood when they beat the crap out of you for cutting class or not doing your home work.

Times have changed – and not in a good way.

37. 2012 November 7 5:37 pm
    MI Conservative permalink

I was very upset and did not sleep well last night at all. Gotta leave early early for Penn st. in the morning. Taking computer with me and will be checking in. I was feeling sorry for myself. Till I heard Romney’s concession speech. Truly a great human being. Apologizing for not winning for his followers. WOW!!!

It’s not his fault but, again, we know what type of a leader he is with just that comment.

38. 2012 November 7 5:40 pm

JBoz…we’re in “heated negotiations” to potentially leave BJG up for a couple weeks under a slighty different framework/format.

We do recognize that we do need each other to share information…so stay tuned.

We will break the site down more gently. It is TOO much all at once.

NOTE: it was ALWAYS the plan to shut the site down if Obama won…and shut down it will be But we’ll have a few more days of posts.

39. 2012 November 7 5:44 pm

MIC: “I know it takes a lot of time to keep this site up. I apologize for my rudeness and lack of appreciation.

you were not RUDE…and I didn’t read it that way. NO PROBLEMS…okay?? 🙂

40. 2012 November 7 5:44 pm
    MI Conservative permalink

bc, your post is 100% correct. What we face is unbelievable.

Personally, I fell better now after visiting the site tonight. Why? I love challenges. I love to do what others say is impossible.

I was told I couldn’t be a teacher by my dad. I did.
    I was told I couldn’t be a teacher by counselor. I did.
    I was told I couldn’t have an exchange student because I was single. I did.
    I was told I couldn’t write a book and be published. I did.
    I was told I couldn’t keep my mom out of a nursing home and take care of her. I am.

41. 2012 November 7 5:46 pm

Romney was not my first or second choice, but he is a decent man (even though he personally killed the steel worker’s wife and didn’t pay taxes for 10 years) and ran an honorable campaign. In fact, I did something I said I would never do – made a contribution to his campaign.

The one thing I wish Romney and Ryan would have done more is to break the $16 trillion debt down on a per taxpaying household. That is far more meaningful.

42. 2012 November 7 5:46 pm

What Dad said in #38.

43. 2012 November 7 5:47 pm

No problems!!! HAHAHA

I was not thinking of you but more about myself. And that is a problem. i do apologize.

Now, why don’t you go out and straighten out KALIFORNIA??? That oughta keep ya busy for a few centuries!!!

LMAO!

44. 2012 November 7 5:49 pm

MIC –

“Gotta leave early early for Penn st. in the morning.”

Stay away from defensive coordinators and showers.

45. 2012 November 7 5:49 pm
    JBoz permalink

JR – that is great news and a ray of hope in a week full of bad and hopeless news. Understand that this isn’t long term, and may not be as robust during the phase-down. I’m glad to help in any way I can if divvying up some of the workload is feasible.

46. 2012 November 7 5:50 pm
    MI Conservative permalink

Folks, Keep a sense of humor somehow. I know it is tough but you’ll feel better. Laugh a little.

47. 2012 November 7 5:51 pm

Mark Levin starts in 10 minutes in Detroit. Listening to Rush for about 20 minutes helped. Mark’s take will be interesting although I can usually only take 60-90 minutes of his voice.

48. 2012 November 7 5:51 pm
    MI Conservative permalink

bc, That’s better. Make a joke or two. No showers and defensive coaches for me. I might stink a little but it’s in Pennsylvania anyway. Who gives a sh1t?

49. 2012 November 7 5:53 pm
    MI Conservative permalink

Gonna be leaving now. If I don’t get to post before it is shut down. Thanks and I love you all!!

God Bless.

50. 2012 November 7 5:55 pm

MIC –

Another thing that makes it tough for you and me is the hockey lockout. Last year the NBA had a lockout and nobody noticed – except JM.

51. 2012 November 7 5:56 pm

Good Luck MIC.

52. 2012 November 7 5:58 pm
    MI Conservative permalink

you too-I lied, I’m still here for this post you southeastern Michigan honcho!

53. 2012 November 7 6:08 pm

besides, leaving the site up for a couple weeks lets me write a couple more Ministry of Truth posts! 🙂

54. 2012 November 7 6:10 pm
    JBoz permalink

I’m not very religious, and can’t remember the last time I went to church. In fact, reading posts here and then reflecting is about as close to a spiritual life as I have at the moment. But even a sinner like me realizes that there is a bigger plan in play here, and that God’s hand, while we can’t possibly understand at the time, will become so clear to us later.

There was an original Mrs Boz model, not the dramatically improved 2.o model I am blessed with now. When the marriage was crumbling, it was traumatic and sad. But she really wasn’t the person I married, and she had morphed into someone and something that I didn’t recognize. And even though I knew this at a soul level, I prayed and prayed, and tried and tried to make it work, hoping that somehow I could recapture something that now in retrospect, I know was irretrievably lost. But the marriage did eventually fail, and I wandered for a few years (mind you, I had a pretty good time in the process). But then I met the woman of my dreams, and we built a life together and added 2 Bozlets. As the Garth Brooks song says, “Sometimes I thank God for unanswered prayers.”

We have been praying to God to help us salvage something that maybe He knows can’t be salvaged. We don’t know what lies ahead, but God does. Maybe He has answered our prayers.

55. 2012 November 7 6:18 pm

America isn’t even mentioned in the Bible. As important as we think we are, we didn’t even get a nod. Look to the time of the end- Israel will be utterly alone. Completely without anyone to come to their aid. This is precisely when God Himself will step in and save them. When it came to Israel, I worried about a Romney presidency as much as an Obama one, albeit for different reasons. Obama is a gimme for why Israel would be alone. Romney would mean we were left unable to help them- and that is terrifying. In this case, we will simply (and by we I mean country, not individuals) turn our backs, or worse- join in condemnation and pointing fingers. Trust me when I say that everyone will concern themselves with Israel at some point, and be cut off. Everyone will concern themselves with this tiny little place about the size of Kern County, CA.

Israel is not only God’s timepiece, she is the only one that the Lord is going to protect once the church is gone, and simply for the purpose of turning her back to Him. They will resume a covenant relationship with the Lord, complete with temple sacrifices, if you can believe it. Everything for the 3rd temple is ready to go, btw- the match just has to be lit. We are only in the age of grace for a few minutes more. To quote a favorite pastor of mine- you can almost hear the footsteps of the Messiah.

56. 2012 November 7 6:19 pm

It would be nice to have another day to process my final thoughts, believe it or not I just woke up – slept through the entire day. I’ll have to catch you fine guys and gals on Polipundit.

short version:
    A heart felt thank you to everyone who made this site possible. It was a nice respite from the back and forth bitching everywhere else. A heart felt thank you to all the contributors most of you I’ve known virtually for a good clip of time now and I appreciate you putting up with my own quirks, venting and sharing stories or news items over the years I think its one of the only things that has kept me relatively sane in an insane world. Thank you and I bit you a good eve.

57. 2012 November 7 6:20 pm

Mark Levin if on a roll tonight.

58. 2012 November 7 6:22 pm

JR – thank you for the site. It has been fun, informative and good times (most of the time). You are a good man and are a credit to your parents. God bless you and your family with a special thanks to your loving wife for sharing you with us.

JM – it has been real. God bless you and your family. Thank you for all that you have done and if I don’t see you in this world, I know I will see you in the next.

BC3B – thank you for your postings and pictures. Saturdays & Sundays wont be the same. I will be seeing you over on Poli, the fight goes on. Until God calls me home I will fight on.

Over the last 4 years I have got to know some good people and consider you to be family. Like bc3b, I hope to see some of you on Poli, if not you can e-mail (gnqanq at yahoo). May God give you (and your loved ones) all peace and comfort during these trying times. As long as we remained focused on God we will be alright. God is large and in charge.

RP – hang tight and hope to see you around. This last one is for you. Many moons ago you asked me what gnqanq stood for.

give no quarter ask no quarter

JR – thank you again and God Bless. Hope to see you around.

And if any of you happen to be around central ohio, drop me a line.

gnqanq

59. 2012 November 7 6:23 pm

Jboz, your comment #54 was amazing…thank you.

I love that song…and it IS true, sometimes God’s love is in unanswered prayers. He certainly didn’t answer them last night! 🙂

We ARE gonna “shrug”…but it’ll be good to have some extra days to talk things over.

60. 2012 November 7 6:23 pm

As usual I rushed to post without reading all the comments. Very good news about having a least a few more days. The double whammy of last night’s results plus the site going offline so quickly really sucked. 😉

61. 2012 November 7 6:25 pm

gnqanq…stick around for the next couple weeks, then say goodbye 🙂

62. 2012 November 7 6:29 pm

24- While I feel I need to switch from viewing all this through a lens of concern and start viewing through a lens of slapstick comedy that’s amazing news, because should the other party ever get the senate back they are going to do the same thing, and then the real fun begins.

63. 2012 November 7 6:29 pm
    JBoz permalink

Oh, and true story on end of the marriage. It was about a week after I moved out (legal separation) and we met at an Irish bar in Old Town Alexandria for brunch…not to reconcile, but to discuss some logistics associated with the separation. I dreaded the meeting because there was so much emotion and so much heartbreak. I got there first and was waiting at my table, feeling totally dejected and defeated. Out of nowhere, I felt a loving presence and was shown a vivid image of giving her flowers, offering her a heartfelt thanks and saying goodbye. I instantly went from feeling dark, hurt and destroyed to feeling the warmest sense of peace, love and gratitude that I have ever felt. The gratitude was not for the past we had, but for the future she had given me by leaving. I have no doubt that a spiritual being intervened that day.

64. 2012 November 7 6:29 pm

JM –

“America isn’t even mentioned in the Bible.”

The Detroit Tigers (founded in 1901) aren’t either. And, there’s a good reason neither is mentioned.

The Lions that are mentioned aren’t Detroit Lions either – too ferocious to be Detroit Lions.

65. 2012 November 7 6:33 pm
    MI Conservative permalink

You know, most of us a little older. Imagine if you are under 40 with a whole lot of life to live. I’m on the downward slide. Younger Americans will never get to live the true American dream the way we did.

I had breakfast with two hockey players this morning. One 20 and one 19 and they were not happy campers with the election either.
    Interesting I told them my sister, who owns five subway restaurants is selling them ASAP because of Obamacare. She did not think Americans would vote the way they did and should have done it sooner. If she cannot sell, they are closing down.
    One of the players was told me he was counting on working one of four Little Caesars Pizza’s his dad owns in Flint. He said, his dad told him they were selling if Obama won and he would close down if he can’t sell.
    Imagine what is in store for some people and the country if a lot of people with small businesses do the same?

66. 2012 November 7 6:34 pm

#63 I love that story. We serve a gracious God.

67. 2012 November 7 6:36 pm

#65 I had the chance to “thank” an Obama voter today for exactly that. I said- you don’t have to agree with my politics, but the following things are coming, so remember I said I told you so before and after you voted. I said other things too, but I mainly focused on economic collapse.

68. 2012 November 7 6:37 pm
    MI Conservative permalink

JBoz, I truly am trying to hold backs shedding some tears for you. Amazing how you never get to know someone till it’s time to start saying good bye.

69. 2012 November 7 6:43 pm
    JBoz permalink

One fear I had about a Romney presidency was the $16T in debt, and America’s unwillingness to make sacrifices. Entitlements are out of control, and there was no way Romney was going to reverse a debt that large. Thus, collapse was inevitable even with a Romney win. But with a Romney win, who would be match when the bomb detonated? The blood running in the streets would be attributed to the side that was trying to stave it off, and most notably the Tea Party. Meanwhile, the perpetrators of building the bomb in the first place would be deemed “guiltless” in posterity. I guess if the bomb is going to go off regardless, I would just as soon it happen on Obama’s watch.

70. 2012 November 7 6:45 pm

Btw it sounds like Poli may be considering “shrugging” too. I can’t say I’m that surprised, just disappointed for my own selfish reasons. 🙁

71. 2012 November 7 6:47 pm

68 – Indeed. I lub you folks.
    69 – Agreed, I too feared the win almost as much as the loss… *almost*.

72. 2012 November 7 6:48 pm
    JBoz permalink

MIC – and likewise! But hey, I’m a quasi Michigander (Glen Arbor for a couple of months a year), so maybe our paths will cross someday. If so, an icy cold beverage awaits!

73. 2012 November 7 6:49 pm

I pointed out to an Obama Apostle today that Obama is now inheriting America from Obama. His response??? “The House of Representative will be to blame if things are the same 4 years from now as they are now”

Word for word.

Pathetic…but predictable.

74. 2012 November 7 6:50 pm

JBoz- agree with you about the bomb going off. I said last night, the only bright spot in this is that Obama/Democrats owned this lock, stock and barrel.

I will state it again, if you don’t have certain preps (food, water, etc) on hand NOW, do it. You don’t have to buy a truck load, start by buying extra items each time you go to the store.

75. 2012 November 7 7:04 pm

“stuff” will run out…IS running out. but some folks just don’t believe…and figure that passing around other people’s stuff will result in more stuff!!!

You’ve all seen those double-stack toilet paper rolls in public restrooms…the kind where when the one on the bottom runs out, the one on top drops down. Ever read the fine print on the dispenser? It says: “Dispenser never empty” The first time I saw that as a kid I thought: “Huh? There’re only TWO in there…of course it’ll be empty sometimes (sure enough, I’ve seen lots of empty “Never Empty” dispensers over the years)

The Obama Apostles really think toilet paper magically appears in those dispensers!!

76. 2012 November 7 7:07 pm

I have more checks in my checkbook…let’s go shopping! Same thing.

77. 2012 November 7 7:24 pm

Oksy boys and girls—-

2016 – My prediction is out there already.

Kasich and Rubio will be the GOP ticket. Like it or not that is what is going to happen in a landslide victory.

78. 2012 November 7 7:25 pm
    MI Conservative permalink

verse Clinton and tim Kaine.

79. 2012 November 7 7:29 pm

Haha thanks for the chuckle MICon. 🙂
    Me, I have no idea what the landscape is going to look like 3 years from now, but if I had to guess it’s not going to look pretty.

80. 2012 November 7 7:41 pm

MIC…nice try in comment #77

not gonna happen…whoever the Repub candidate is will lose. BECAUSE there will at least one legitimate 3rd Party ticket out there that will siphon off just enough support to glide the Dem in.

Folks, you have seen the last non-Democrat President for at least 12 years

81. 2012 November 7 7:44 pm

Well the first hurdle is sequestration. I hope that Boehner folds like a cheap ironing board. Regardless the pain will be tremendous just on that alone. NOVA (sorry Judy) will take a tremendous hit when money stops being spent.

I am thru fighting till we have burnt the place down. Then if I am still able, is when I will pick up gauntlet again.

82. 2012 November 7 7:45 pm
    JBoz permalink

MiC, I thout Joe Biden was the heir apparent for 2016 🙂

Actually, I would gladly take him at this point.

83. 2012 November 7 7:47 pm

84. 2012 November 7 7:48 pm

Then at the burn rate that SS is doing with unemployment benefits I figure it is next. Then the full brunt of Obammycare kicks in. (“But I thought the healthcare was free!”) MIC, read Ameritopia by Levin. Our biggest enemy today is the administrative state. More so than the Dims themselves.

85. 2012 November 7 7:52 pm

JR, you know why Russians don’t use public bathrooms?? They ALREADY know that someone else has already stole both rolls of paper! 🙂

86. 2012 November 7 8:05 pm

83 – Also interesting was the Sandy\Chrisi exit poll question, more than I imagined that did have some effect. *sigh*

85 – That’s what as thinking of reading JR’s comment, though without the Russian aspect.

87. 2012 November 7 8:09 pm

Probably the last thing you’ll hear not related to re: Benghazi
    Gotta love that he statement is considered “provocative”. haha we’re so doomed.

88. 2012 November 7 8:10 pm
    RepublicanPundit permalink

Farethewell, my true and trusted friends.

God go with you till we meet again.

If not here, then in the place where the charming roses bloom forever.

89. 2012 November 7 8:19 pm

KH #86 –

Tonight Mark Levin is talking a great deal about how Karl Rove and the rest of the “Bushies” are already pushing for Jeb in 2016.

Look for Christie to start pushing for 2016 if he wins re-election as governor.

90. 2012 November 7 8:51 pm

89 – Now that is down right hilarious!

91. 2012 November 7 8:53 pm

BTW I would say that doughnut boy will never be president and you could take that to the bank, but I thought the same about Obama during his primaries, and I thought FL was basically in the bank two weeks ago. So clearly I don’t know sh1t!
    🙂

92. 2012 November 7 9:01 pm

I’m gonna call it a night even though I’m not tired, I could not sleep last night at all, not till the sun was up for hours anyway, thankfully I had taken the day off. I hope that doesn’t happen again tonight, i hope this place is still around in the morning, if not really hope to see all of you elsewhere even if sporadically. knighthawktfc at hotmail dot com.

93. 2012 November 7 9:18 pm

KH…we’ll be here! 🙂

the Ministry of Truth will be too!

94. 2012 November 7 9:31 pm

#89 It is no wonder the Bible says that God laughs at man’s plans.

95. 2012 November 7 9:39 pm

We have been warning people about the Obama Administration’s intention to give away American self-government and the freedom of our families in a series of UN Treaties. It has already begun.

Read this. (And by the way) we know for a fact that the Dems are going to try to pass the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons With Disabilities before the first of the year.

~~~~Michael Farris

There are two important lessons

96. 2012 November 7 9:56 pm
    mpthompson permalink

I gotta say, this is the only site I can go to after the election. I looked at the front page of Hot Air, but was too depressed to click on any link. Same with Drudge — who gives a crap. Oh well, I know the feelings I have today will pass in time. But for now, I’m in a pretty dark place.

Glad to hear BJG will stick around for at least a little while. I suspect in the end it will evolve rather than disappear, but perhaps that is wishful thinking.

I went and deleted scores of political postings from my Facebook account over the last few years. It’s probably been foolish for me to leave such a visible trail that others can view to peg me as one of “them” — particularly here in California. I’m a bit worried about the footprint I’ve left here and on other sites as I’m not exactly anonymous. Oh well, probably being paranoid, but I believe that is the new normal. Conservatives will be marginalized and punished for improper thinking. The moochers must have their “revenge”, don’t they?

97. 2012 November 7 10:01 pm
    Deckard permalink

Glad to know this place will still be up for yet a little while.

bc3b – where to go if Poli shrugs? I’ve now added it to my “Favorites” list.

All I’m hearing is the different factions that went for zero – blacks, latinos, single women. Republicans will never win over blacks – they will never let go of what happened pre-slavery or pre-1964. Single women? Feminism has ruined that for Republicans as well. Which means that Republicans need to find a way to bring Latinos into the fold. Traditionally Latinos are a socially conservative group – it’s the whole immigration topic that alienates (no pun intended) them. I’ve even read where some are suggesting that the Republican party needs to abandon the social conservatives – and downplay any reference to being anti-abortion or anti-gay and stick to fiscal conservatism as its only banner.

If that is the case, then it’s a sign of the times: Christians of all denominations will be sidelined – thus labeling us as a fringe group. I’m calling it now before it happens.

98. 2012 November 7 10:01 pm

Saw this coming.

99. 2012 November 7 10:03 pm

We are already being sidelined, Deckard. I have literally said this 20 times today- it just comes out- when you see these things begin to happen, look up. SOON.

100. 2012 November 7 10:26 pm
    Deckard permalink

JM #99 – I realized that yesterday. And you’re right – soon – most likely sooner rather than later. The world will be happy to see us gone – but the happier group? When watching the crowds in Chicago rejoice last night on TV, all I could think was “You have no idea what you’ve done . . . ” and all I could feel was pity. They won’t know what hit them.

All I can say is that it’s just a matter of time . . . take it as you will. Be vigilant – and be about the Master’s business. That’s all that matters now.

101. 2012 November 7 10:29 pm

#100 They won’t know what hit them, indeed. They won’t even have time to brace themselves.

102. 2012 November 7 10:30 pm

103. 2012 November 8 1:32 am
    Wylie E. Coyote permalink

#100 The Mob always picks Barabas don’t they?

“In caring about democracy mainly or only, the more robust liberty that everyone is entitled to as a matter of his or her human nature is now seriously neglected. It is even argued by some formidable legal scholars that individual rights aren’t natural at all but granted by the government, leaving it indeterminate where that institution gains its authority to grant such rights.

The result of all this is not all that different from how feudal orders behave.”

I really hope this sight doesnt close

104. 2012 November 8 1:43 am
    Wylie E. Coyote permalink

To be contrary to the doom-and-gloom attitdue coming from Liberty supporters, here is a good article:

“One of our editors suggested that I write something up on it, and my response was that I’m not sure how enduring this “Emerging Democratic Majority” will prove to be. Some reasons for my skepticism

1. That majority sure isn’t emerging very fast: I first heard this thesis in the late 1990s. Teixera and Judis wrote a book on it that came out in 2002, which means it was written in 2001, or earlier. How did 2010 even happen? Yes, low turnout, energized base. But the GOP didn’t just squeak out a few victories; they crushed. Those of us who remember the 2004-vintage talk of a “permanent Republican majority” will be cautious about overinterpreting election results.

2. Ethnic coalitions are inherently unstable. It used to be a sort of natural law that urban Catholics voted Democratic. Then Reagan won them in huge numbers. And–contra those who are saying that the GOP now has to move left–they didn’t win by getting more liberal. Rather, the Democrats got more liberal, on crime and bussing, and the white ethnics who felt victimized by these policies fled. The more ethnic groups you have, the more likely it is that you will eventually find the goals of those ethnic groups in direct conflict. And the Democrats sure do have a lot of groups.

3. We are heading for a showdown between public sector unions and taxpayers. That’s going to put Democrats in a very tough spot. Those unions are the backbone of the Democratic political operation. But their pensions are, in many places, simply not payable. Thanks in part to the late 1990s stock market boom, and in part to really scandalously bad accounting standards, politicians made a lot of promises they didn’t pay for. Those promises now can’t be shed in bankruptcy, and all of the possible deals–which including hiking taxes to “tax revolt” levels, or shafting all the younger public sector workers–are bad for Democrats.

4. We’re heading for a showdown between the recipients of old-age benefits, and recipients of all the other kinds of benefits. Even after we hike taxes, something has to be cut. I’m betting on the oldsters to win this fight. They’re motivated, and they have a lot of time on their hands. And their middle-aged, middle class children will also freak out if you cut their benefits. They will not be nearly as upset if you slash Head Start. But those kinds of decisions are going to set off a sort of Hobbesian war of all-against-all within the Democratic coalition. And the aging of our population is an even more dramatic shift than its increasingly tan hue.

5. On social issues, Democrats are badly positioned for the future. Hold your fire–I mean politically, not morally. Gay marriage is going away as an issue, because the advocates have won. (And in the legislature, not in the courts, as they should). Not all the dominos have fallen yet, but they’re lined up the right way; it’s just a matter of time. Young evangelicals either don’t get energized about the issue, or are actively pro. The GOP knows they’re eventually going to moderate, which is why you see these fumbling, ham-fisted attempts to reach out to GOProud and the Log Cabin Republicans. On the other hand, they aren’t reaching out to Republicans for Choice, and for good reason. Evangelicals care just as much about abortion as ever, and the national trends are running towards more support for abortion restrictions, and greater identification as “Pro-Life”. Sonograms are undermining the Democratic position. So are demographics: the only group that majority-identifies as “Pro Choice” is women of childbearing age. Meanwhile, our fastest-growing demographic is retirees.

6. Mitt Romney was a uniquely bad candidate for 2012. The best of a very weak field. Forced to run too far to the right in the primary, particularly on immigration, in order to prove he wasn’t a RINO. A stiff and awkward campaigner. Hamstrung by downticket candidates who make remarkably stupid comments about abortion and rape, which got endless media play, associating them in peoples’ minds with Mitt Romney. Yes, Obama had a big handicap in the lackluster economy. Luckily for him, Mitt Romney had made a stupendous pile of money in the very industry that people blame for that lackluster economy. On that stupendous pile, he paid a tax rate which struck people as absurdly low. He pushed every button for folks who feel broke and terrified while the very rich sail along just fine. Obama could hardly have had a better opponent if he had ordered him from central casting. My mother, aka The Swing Voter, delivered an extensive rant on the subject of Mitt Romney’s taxes this morning. I suspect that a more modestly wealthy Republican governor would have taken her vote.”

Nothing is permenant…..just ask your local Roman Emperor, Alexander the Great, or anyone from the 1000 year Riech….

Only thing Eternal is God and his promises for his people….

105. 2012 November 8 2:56 am
    Wylie E. Coyote permalink

However …

When it comes to the Democrats who really, really, really believe that government bureaucrats should be dictator for everyone’s life, it is time we STOP THE BULL. It is time we call them out and CALL THEM IMMORAL.

Those people are SCUM. They believe in nasty, dangerous, and evil ideas that DESTROY PEOPLE LIVES — and they are too stupid and/or arrogant to realize it.

After TWICE electing Obama, I have no more sympathy nor empathy with any true blue statist. They are IMMORAL and they must be SHOCKED into thinking about why they think what they do.

They have no problem being mean to everyone else — I see no reason to be pacifists in this arena. Be blunt. Be nasty, if necessary because they will take any argument against them as being nasty anyway.

They must be set straight if this whole thing is going to turn around.

THEY are the problem.

106. 2012 November 8 4:41 am
    beej permalink

I’m so glad you all are holding this open for a while longer. Saying goodbye right now is just too hard.

Thank you for all your hard work…I’d think that many of the posts here could be made into book form…Glenn Beck, is, I understand ‘doubling down.’ You could check into his publishing before it’s all considered sedition. There was so much here—really, really great and informative stuff. We were/are a lucky group to have such talent and wisdom lead the page.

107. 2012 November 8 4:41 am
    beej permalink

If we are lucky, maybe WEC will open his own page.

108. 2012 November 8 6:26 am

beej: “If we are lucky, maybe WEC will open his own page”

I think you’d have to define “lucky” 🙂

109. 2012 November 8 6:32 am

The real reason why we lost, as defined in the living flesh —

110. 2012 November 8 7:03 am

exactly, drdog

reality will be along for everyone…and it won’t be long. reality sometimes bites!!

p.s. to all…the Ministry of Truth is experienceing minor technical difficulties…but will be along eventually

111. 2012 November 8 7:26 am

There will be much of this, less so much in terms of vocal outright firing like this but much in terms of retires not replaced and non-existent new hires. Those at 49 employees you can fully expect if they absolutely have to augment their work force will turn to contractors.

CA to lose more jobs

112. 2012 November 8 7:39 am

and so it begins… front-page of YahooNews: “Celeb Romney supporters rant online”

remember YahooNews pointing out all the Obama supporters saying disgusting things about Romney…Palin…Bachman..??? Nope…but all who “rant” about Obama will be identified! (starting with “celebs”)

then another front-page article talking about “Hatred for Obama”

yup, Obama worship remains optional…for now

113. 2012 November 8 7:47 am

If we’re going down, let’s go down in flames.

Best of the Sunshine Girls:

114. 2012 November 8 7:51 am

JR –

The problem goes back to the media. Conservatives get bashed, liberals get a pass regardless of what they say or do:

– Compare the 2008 coverage of Palin versus Biden.

– Look at how the media jumped all over Mourdock and Akin.

115. 2012 November 8 7:56 am

Thankfully yahoo is a dying company.

116. 2012 November 8 8:00 am

China about to join the big boys – sub launched nukes