RINOs: Looking for Love in all the Wrong Places

2012 November 19

Romney said the promise of free healthcare was “huge” for someone making $25,000 to $30,000 a year: “Imagine being told you’re going to get free healthcare, particularly if you don’t have it, getting free health care worth what, $10,000 per family, in perpetuity?”

He told his finance committee that the free healthcare also helped Obama with Hispanic voters, and “the amnesty for children of illegals…was a huge plus for that voting group.” Romney said this amnesty, put in place by Obama just months before the election, was clearly a political maneuver aimed at accomplishing exactly what it accomplished on election day.

Regarding women, which Obama won by 12%, Romney did not speak to the demographic in its entirety. But he did point out that “free contraceptives were a big hit with young college-aged women.”

He added that Obama was able to turn out the vote far beyond what many expected by being “very generous” toward “loyal Democratic constituencies.” (In other words, he gave away a bunch of free stuff.)

KnightHawk:

The simple fact is that they do give a sh!t. In fact, Establishment Republicans (aka RINOs) as well as faux conservatives care very much what the left and  particularly the media thinks of them and says about them. Chris Christie (aka The Fatman) scored big with the media this past week: Bill Maher called Christie a “Republican I could embrace” and The Fatman also made an appearance on Saturday Night Live. And, it was actually The Fatman himself … not some 800 pound actor impersonating him the way Tina Fey did her impersonation of Sarah Palin with cankles.

Even supposed conservatives like Bobby Jindal and Newt Gingrich – actually we all know “Callista and I”  is much more of an opportunist than a conservative – are attacking Mitt Romney for telling the truth rather than attacking Candy Crowley and the rest of media for its bias, which played a major role in Barack Obama’s re-election.

Right now, The Fatman is living every RINO’s dream. He is “loved” by the left and the media (I realize I am repeating myself) for the role he played in helping Barack Obama in the final week before the election.

Hat tip: breitbart.com and KnightHawk

Here’s a little Johnny Lee (before he went condo)

Gov. Chris Christie: Im gonna die in this fleece.

“The taco was that big.” Hopefully you have a wide screen television.

1. 2012 November 19 10:36 am

if they’re looking for love from me…they’re looking in the wrong place!

2. 2012 November 19 10:42 am

Life on the lam – http://www.whoismcafee.com/

– Scratch Belize off my alternate location list.

3. 2012 November 19 10:54 am

Don’t ask me why, but 80%+ of GOP politicians have this desire to be loved by the media.

4. 2012 November 19 11:14 am

Funny – 80% seem to always go limp as well, coincidence?

5. 2012 November 19 12:14 pm

KH –

Funny – 80% seem to always go limp as well, coincidence?

I doubt the NFL’s sexiest cheerleaders could prevent it.

6. 2012 November 19 12:19 pm

Spinus linguinis,limp dingus politicus

7. 2012 November 19 1:58 pm

I really don’t understand the need for all the rino’s to be tripping over themselves to comment on Romney’s comments. If I were them I’d be thinking…who gives a sh!t.. — KH

Come now KH, you’re in business. You have never used prepositioning and damage control? That is what this is pure and simple. The likes of Steve Schmidt and et. al. are attempting to discredit who might be their biggest detractor in order to position themselves to run some campaign in 2014. For their ilk this is just a money scheme.

Would you hire a two time national loser to your campaign staff??

8. 2012 November 19 2:15 pm

Which pretty much brings me to my next topic — Republicans are dead. Literally. They now have a brand that is anthema to about a 1/3rd of the electorate. They thumb their nose at the base which is another third. Fact the only reason that we the base vote for them is we don’t have an alternative. The brand is pretty much Eron of a political bent.

Conservatives need to start voting based on positions. If that means that a Democrat is more likely to be for those positions then so be it. (But I won’t hold my breath.) Maybe we need to move to third party alternatives at the local level for a while. But it is highly unlikely I will vote for a Republican from the upcoming crop for a while.

9. 2012 November 19 2:21 pm

7 – Dr I know what it is, my point was in my opinion if I were them I saw no need for it. Romney lost and is gone… irrelevant, doesn’t matter anymore why bother going out of my way to comment on a few of his final comments to donors. There is no upside, all I’m going to do is piss off potential supporters – which is what they’ve all done. I don’t see it as damage control – but digging the hole deeper.

“Fact the same back stabbing that is going on now has all the same ear marks of what went down after the McCain debacle with Palin as the target. Same excuses just different themes. ”

Yup and it was stupid then and stupid now. same old – same old. Screw them *all*.

10. 2012 November 19 2:26 pm

Bye the bye did anyone catch Limbaugh today? He had an interesting factoid he laid down. Goes like this — “So in California, only 37% are creating anything of value, and of that 37%, only 18% are actually paying taxes to support the system. Is it any wonder then that on November 6th Californians voted to raise taxes on those people. And Mayor Brown’s all happy. This tax increase is gonna work because the people voted for this one. They didn’t have this one shoved down their throats, and he’s right. They’re voting for what they’re getting. They’re not being fooled at all. People of California want what is happening. There’s no arguing that, folks. No way, shape, manner, or form. Just like there’s no arguing here that we are dealing with this phenomena known as Santa Claus that exists in the Democrat Party. No question about it whatsoever. ”

No wonder CA residents voted for a tax increase. Few actually end up paying the tax.

11. 2012 November 19 2:29 pm

” if I were them I saw no need for it. ”

Evidently not tho’, they feel the need to do it for some reason.

Come next election, if I donate to anybody I will be wanting to know the track record of those on the campaign staff before I spend a dime. Just Sayin’.

12. 2012 November 19 2:32 pm

Republicans are dead. Literally….

Exactly. But screw voting dem, I’m probably going libertarian warts and all for the foreseeable future. What does it really matter though they’re all about to be same thing just with different names.

13. 2012 November 19 2:35 pm

Love ain’t the only thing in all the wrong places — http://www.openmarket.org/2012/11/19/liberal-judges-equality-is-unconstitutional/

14. 2012 November 19 2:39 pm

re:13 – Twlightzone episode 1213124312423412 – Insanity

15. 2012 November 19 3:15 pm

o_O that is insane!

16. 2012 November 19 3:49 pm
    JBoz permalink

“But screw voting dem, I’m probably going libertarian warts and all for the foreseeable future. What does it really matter though they’re all about to be same thing just with different names.”

As for me, I’m very likely going to abstain from the total circus that is now the US electoral process. Fraud is rampant, gamesmanship is the norm, and corruption abounds. The truth is that despite the proclamations to the contrary, my vote doesn’t count – not considering that I can put all this energy into it developing an informed opinion, only to have some Dem operative stuff the box which negates my vote a thousand times over, or worse have my vote cancelled out by a teat sucker who wants a free phone. And even if I do succeed in helping to get my Tea Party guy in, he will inevitably become corrupted by the power and the perks. Voting in this country at this point in time is like trying to empty Lake Michigan with a teaspoon. I honestly don’t give a damn what these peacocks in DC do at this point. For all I care, load the whole system with 100% Dems and then sit back and watch it crash. I’m all about getting the Boz family’s personal, spiritual and financial house in order, and I don’t give 2 sh1ts about the government’s house. That ship has sailed.

17. 2012 November 19 3:54 pm

drdog: “The case could be made to vote Dim to hasten Am Rev 2.0. But that is for another thread.”

Am Rev 2.0 will go live…whether or not we vote for Dems.

Again…we’re eating our seed corn. When there’s no crop next year, THEN people will notice.

(1) total amount of assets in 401ks and IRAs: over $18 trillion
    (2) total amount of U.S. debt: over $16 trillion

hmmm….at some point some politician is going to point how much INTEREST we could save each year, if we pulled all the 401ks and IRAs in, used them to pay off the debt…and then gave everybody I-O-Us. Heck…we’d have $2 trillion left over (if they hurry).

jus’ sayin’

18. 2012 November 19 4:01 pm
    JBoz permalink

JR #17 – what do you want to bet they wouldn’t touch 403(b)s?

19. 2012 November 19 4:11 pm

drdog09 #13.

To quote ip, WBF.

20. 2012 November 19 4:16 pm

21. 2012 November 19 4:41 pm

#16 Cheers!!!!!

22. 2012 November 19 5:27 pm

23. 2012 November 19 6:32 pm

” I honestly don’t give a damn what these peacocks in DC do at this point. For all I care, load the whole system with 100% Dems and then sit back and watch it crash.” — JBoz

That’s the spirit!! Sooner it crashes sooner we can look for freedom solutions.

24. 2012 November 19 6:38 pm

Army suicides through October surpass 2011 year-long count:

25. 2012 November 19 6:38 pm

Oh…and here are a fun couple of facts…you might consider them DOTS, that some politician is dying to connect: — JR.

Already connected the dots in that regard and made my moves to sink my retirement in land.

26. 2012 November 19 6:44 pm

The problem with nihilism is, that the Knight on the white horse riding in to save the day,
    might well be carrying the hammer and sickle, and the willing masses might just accept it with open arms.

27. 2012 November 19 6:49 pm

1) total amount of assets in 401ks and IRAs: over $18 trillion
    (2) total amount of U.S. debt: over $16 trillion~~~JR (federal debt)

Check out TOTAL DEBT ~~~58 trillion.

28. 2012 November 19 6:52 pm

VETERANS FOR KERRY

29. 2012 November 19 7:06 pm

That’s the spirit!! Sooner it crashes sooner we can look for freedom solutions.
    mutley

Historically speaking that seldom occurs after a casatrophic meltdown. It usually results in a “strong man” reaction to “fix” things.

30. 2012 November 19 7:09 pm

IP, 26,

That is what Obama IS. The white knight with the red scythe has already arrived and occupies the WH.

31. 2012 November 19 7:15 pm

It usually results in a “strong man” reaction to “fix” things. — IP

Historically strong men come from the Left. In Amerika strong men aren’t really that strong as they lack the fortitude to carry out the necessary deaths. Its all compassion ya know. So they stumble from disaster to disaster looking for solutions. The problem for the US with a strong man scenario is that as you point out in 27 is that they lack the fiscal acumen to carry it forward.

I would hazard we would break up into regional blocks before a strong man type appears. Then such a person will show in one block to attempt to attack the other blocks. That’s when the civil war occurs. We shall see.

32. 2012 November 19 8:06 pm

Folks, whatever optimism that remained within me (and it wasn’t much) that the Left could ever logically discuss their positions has vanished in the last few days.

I hark back to Obama’s buddy, Bill Ayers being quite ok with murdering 25 MILLION Americans if it helped them usher in their Worker’s Paradise.

33. 2012 November 19 11:33 pm

24 – Bush’s fault :roll:

34. 2012 November 19 11:44 pm

HRC inbound to Israel to find peaceful end… aka to bailout Hamas. The Israelis would be stupid to back off now.

35. 2012 November 20 5:23 am

Always the same ole sh1t ain’t it? Always go talk to the most reasonable player to have them back down. Which naturally sets them up to lose. I would suggest HRC go to Gaza FIRST and make them stop launching rockets. If you can’t stop that then get the hell out of the way.

36. 2012 November 20 5:36 am

excellent article at Powerline:

And the ending is all too spot-on:
    But California now appears to be in a death spiral, and the consequences will be devastating, not just to Californians, but to the rest of us who will be called on to pick up the tab, once again, for failed liberalism.

Well…the rest of YOU…I live here! 🙂 So pay up, suckers!!!

37. 2012 November 20 5:43 am

If only they had the guts

38. 2012 November 20 5:45 am

RE: Kalifornicate~~~Perhaps boehner will have the cajones to say no to any bailout??

~~~when pigs fly~~~~

39. 2012 November 20 5:46 am

Frack the san andreas fault.