Let Sequestration Begin!

2012 December 2
tags:
by drdog09

The Dims and the media are attempting to portray the `fiscal cliff` as all GOP’s fault. They are doing a good job too I might add. My suggestion? GOP let us go over that cliff — NOW. Introduce a bill into the House that in one bill takes the US over the debt limit and forward it to the Senate.

Here’s why —

The punchline: 110 million privately employed workers; 88 million welfare recipients and government workers and rising rapidly.

And since nothing has changed in the past two years, and in fact the situation has gotten progressively (pardon the pun) worse, here is our conclusion on this topic from two years ago:

We have been writing for over a year, how the very top of America’s social order steals from the middle class each and every day. Now we finally know that the very bottom of the entitlement food chain also makes out like a bandit compared to that idiot American who actually works and pays their taxes. One can only also hope that in addition to seeing their disposable income be eaten away by a kleptocratic entitlement state, that the disappearing middle class is also selling off its weaponry. Because if it isn’t, and if it finally decides it has had enough, the outcome will not be surprising at all: it will be the same old that has occurred in virtually every revolution in the history of the world to date.

Source

There is a two pronged rationale for this strategy:

• First of all as the quotation above points out, the fall of the system is already baked in. Fact it is accelerating. You can’t have 2.5 private sector jobs supporting nearly 2 drone jobs. Once the triggers fall in place, the rich in this country will leave in droves just like has happened in France and England. The number of drones to workers will increase and the tax base will collapse.
  • Second is political. Boehner needs to pick something out of the drunk tank of Dim proposals, ram it thru rules committee, get it to the floor and passed. Mr. Reid will then have to take it to committee and have one of two outcomes —
    • He kills it in which case he can be labeled as not want to help the poor. Or,
    • He passes it on a party line vote, busts the debt limit and can be labeled a big spender.

Turn the tables, accelerate the fiscal demise and lets get this over with.

One might want to take a particular look at the accompanying graph to the article. It lays out in reasonable detail why the poor would rather stay under <$30k in income. There is no marginal benefit between $30k and $50k as it relates to disposal income from the benefits boost provided.

1. 2012 December 3 5:26 am

For those who missed Costas PSA, here it is on not so instant replay — http://hotair.com/archives/2012/12/03/video-bob-costas-on-gun-control-in-the-middle-of-an-nfl-game/ — yuck.

2. 2012 December 3 5:42 am

Just another limp dingus, pickle puffing,metrosexual, bed wetting media type, not worth our consideration.

3. 2012 December 3 5:57 am

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/personalfinance/consumertips/tax/9717894/Tax-hitmen-to-track-your-spending.html — You can figure the IRS will be watching the results of this very closely. As the revenue streams dry up from the 1% the Feds will implement this as well. If you go underground be sure to have a front of legal income to mask your reporting.

4. 2012 December 3 6:11 am

Hiding in the underground economy is doable to some degree, but if 50% of the 110 million employed workers spent ONLY for essentials, and ZERO for discretionary items, they could bring this goat rope to it’s knees overnight.

5. 2012 December 3 6:15 am

Post 3. If one deals in the barter/underground,and we still have cash for daily transations, they can’t track your spending. One would still need a legit income stream to pay for traceable big ticket items like mortgage,property taxes etc.

6. 2012 December 3 6:20 am

very good, but long article…worth a clip & save just for the graphs:

7. 2012 December 3 6:28 am

Agreed. But guess what? The IRS haz a cheezberger called `imputed cost of living` model that they can drag you into tax court with. That is why it is critical that your front of legal income can cover housing, food, utilities.

“Mr. IP. I see here you bought a nice Betram this year. (wish I had one the tax man ponders.) but you only reported $30k. Can you explain yourself??”

8. 2012 December 3 6:37 am

Post 7. If you pay cash, other than ostentatious big ticket items, how would they know what was bought or what was in your home without a search warrant? They don’t have enough IRS spies to cover 50 million people.(what the hell is a betram ???)

9. 2012 December 3 6:46 am

Intersting powerline article there JR. I have a interesting note on government revenues —

Q: How is the Federal Government like Neiman-Marcus?
    A: Neiman-Marcus as a retailer caters to the top 5% of income earners as their stock in trade customer base. They target that customer base like a laser guided bomb and cater to it like European spa. The Federal Government likewise depends on that top 5% of earners in order to survive. Their progressive taxation targets them like a laser guided bomb and suck their bank accounts just like a European spa.

Q: How is the Federal Government not like Neiman-Marcus?
    A: When a customer leaves Neiman-Marcus they typically have goods in hand. When a taxpayer leaves tax court they are just left holding the bag.

The government depends too heavily on high earners. They leave, and they are already, the system collapses.

10. 2012 December 3 6:55 am

They do it by averages. Take all the returns from a given metro area, DFW for example. They have the data down to zipcode. They look at all the returns for your zipcode and note that most of the returns are in the $100k bracket give or take $20k. You only reported $50k. Even if you had the W2’s to prove the $50k the program would flag you as an anomaly. They could then call you for an audit. Just depends on how much you are trying to get away with and like you say, what you do with the unreported income.

I misspelled it Betram == Bertram, the yacht company.

11. 2012 December 3 7:35 am

Forgot my glasses ….

Yesterday, my daughter asked why I didn’t do something useful with my time. She suggested I go down to the senior center and hang out with the guys.

I did this and when I got home last night I told her that I had joined a parachute club.

She said “Are you nuts? You’re 75 years old and you’re going to start jumping out of airplanes?”

I proudly showed her that I even got a membership card.

She said to me, “For crying out loud, where are your glasses! This is a membership to a Prostitute Club, not a Parachute Club!”

I’m in trouble again and don’t know what to do! I signed up for five jumps a week!

Life as a senior citizen is not getting any easier.

12. 2012 December 3 7:39 am

Living Will form–2012

I, __These United States_____, being of sound mind and body, do not wish to be
    kept alive indefinitely by artificial means. Under no circumstances should my fate be
    put in the hands of pinhead partisan politicians who couldn’t pass ninth-grade biology if their lives depended on it, or lawyers/doctors/hospitals interested in simply running up the bills.

If a reasonable amount of time passes, and I fail to ask for at least one of
    the following: Sex_______a Margarita ______ a Scotch ________
    Bloody Mary ________a Martini _________a Steak _________Lobster or
    crab legs ________the remote control ________a bowl of ice cream
    _________to go fishing _________or German Chocolate cake_________,

it should be presumed that I won’t ever get any better.

When such a determination is reached, I hereby instruct my appointed person
    and attending physicians to pull the plug, reel in the tubes, and call it a
    day. At this point, it is time to call the New Orleans Jazz Funeral Band to
    come do their thing at my funeral, and ask all of my friends to raise their
    glasses to toast the good times we have had.

Signature:__Signed US Taxpayers_________ Date:___Dec 31, 2012___________

NOTE: I also hear that in Ireland they have a Nursing Home with a Pub. The patients are happier, and they have a lot more visitors. Some of them don’t even need embalming when their time comes…

13. 2012 December 3 8:47 am

“Means testing” SS benefits is a red herring. We were forced into this ponzi scheme without any ” means test” on premiums**, why now on benefits???

** Millionaires who can fend for themselves should not be forced to pay into the system.Same for medicare. To be viable, both systems should be voluntary.

14. 2012 December 3 8:59 am

To be viable, both systems should be voluntary.

I’m with ya on that. But I think we both know if they were voluntary no one would ever had enlisted for the `service`. 🙂

15. 2012 December 3 9:36 am
    booshkindoggin permalink

Back when I was an IRS auditor in the 70’s (here I go again), we were trained in Source and Application of Funds analysis. The idea was to develop a spending profile of the taxpayer with all possible sources of information. Often the most useful source was the taxpayer himself who was generally only too willing to carry on about how much everything cost him, and how hard he had it with all his bills and obligations. This tale of woe was to be carefully documented by the agent, even have the taxpayer initial the list if possible. Then the total spending was compared to what was reported as income on the tax return, and the inevitable shortfall was assumed to be unreported taxable income – with burden now on taxpayer to explain the difference. I’m sure the approach has been fine-tuned in the intervening years. At that time the best defensive approach was to have an intermediary representative deal with IRS, preferably a lawyer if affordable who would enjoy attorney-client privilege. The less the taxpayer spoke to the IRS agent, the better. All sources of possible non-taxable income should be put on the table including informal loans and gifts from friends and relatives, to take the wind out of the agent’s investigative sails.

Very few of these cases were ultimately accepted for criminal prosecution, only those with the most publicity value either because of the notoriety of the taxpayer himself, or the fact that the IRS wanted to target a given occupation for publicity value. But a stiff administrative fraud penalty would generally be assessed on those cases not criminally prosecuted. At the time, the safest way to avoid scrutiny was to have never entered the system – never file a return or work for an employer reporting your wages, or a business that documented payments to you on a 1099 form.

16. 2012 December 3 10:15 am

Booshkindoggin needs a knock on the noggin,
    Working for the enemy while we do the sloggin,
    His mysterious sobrequet is meant to lead astray,
    While he cavorts with the enemy day by day,
    Methinks booshkindoggin needs a good floggin

17. 2012 December 3 10:37 am

Well at least it was a Democratic Jackass he was flogging 🙂

18. 2012 December 3 10:44 am

IP, well…Boosh USED to work for “The Enemy”…now he’s our source of inside information! 🙂

19. 2012 December 3 11:09 am

20. 2012 December 3 11:38 am

A manchurian mole is his new designation,
    Feeding us info via clandestination,
    Bushkindoggin be a sleeper provocateur,
    Hopefully for us more knowledge to incur,
    Someday to facilitate the enemy’s castration.

21. 2012 December 3 12:44 pm

Using your Smart tv (which can film you without you even knowing), webcam, random snapshot from your phone…I am pretty sure the gubmint doesn’t give two $^!T$ about needing warrants.

22. 2012 December 3 1:14 pm

So JM, SMART TV is for DUMB PEOPLE.

For SMART MEN, here’s today’s Sunshine Girl:

23. 2012 December 3 1:26 pm
    RepublicanPundit permalink

This page is different now that we no longer are Republicans. Interesting.

24. 2012 December 3 2:44 pm

MI Conservative –

You do realize that your beloved Chippewas are playing in the Cardboard Pizza (Little Caesars) Bowl at Ford Field December 26th? The Chips were the last team selected for a bowl. Good thing Ohio State and Penn State are ineligible.

25. 2012 December 3 2:47 pm

RP –

A woman called me last night soliciting for the Republican House Election Committee (NRCC). You would have been proud of me for what I told her.

You going to Middle Tennessee State University’s bowl game? You’ve gotta love the Mid-Majors!

26. 2012 December 3 2:50 pm
    Mr Evilwrench permalink

Vive la différence. The “people calling themselves Republicans” are not helping us out. Feed them banana peels. What the heck is sequestertaion? Am I the only one that noticed that?

27. 2012 December 3 3:16 pm

#27 Hard for me to correct things on my phone. I managed to fix the title just now, but I can’t fix the link name.

28. 2012 December 3 3:18 pm

#23 I didn’t used to think so, but after an article I read the other day? It reminded me of how in 1984 he had to hide in order to write in his journal. There is no light notification for when the camera turns on.

29. 2012 December 3 3:34 pm

Dog awaits the rolled paper.

Paws moving faster than brain — http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6ow_yP01uA

30. 2012 December 3 4:01 pm

No worries 😀

31. 2012 December 3 4:03 pm

Who says alcohol ain’t the cure for what ails ya?? — http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10851152 — Say JM do you sell freeze dried alcohol cubes?

32. 2012 December 3 4:15 pm

Once upon a time we were registered Republicans…now we’re registered “Independent” (or the CA equivalent: “Decline to state”)

Our political process is broken and exists to force us faster and faster towards a two-class society: Rulers & Ruled. So my entire focus is now on creating a space for my family to survive.

I seriously doubt I will ever vote again, except in VERY local elections. Even the State Propositions out here are a rigged game…so why play it?

I vote with my WALLET, my OPINIONS and my ATTITUDE these days. That’s enough voting for me. paraphrasing (slightly) Thomas Paine: “If there must be trouble, let it come in my day, so that my children and grandchildren may have peace”

33. 2012 December 3 4:27 pm

Last person at NYT, turn off the presses — http://theweek.com/article/index/237251/the-new-york-times-latest-cutbacks-proof-its-digital-strategy-is-failing — Can’t happen soon enough.

34. 2012 December 3 5:24 pm

#32 Passing that article along to my hubs!!!! haha

35. 2012 December 3 5:25 pm

#34 Aw.

36. 2012 December 3 6:25 pm

Hey Booshkindoggin (or someone else with this knowledge), will the fiscal cliff tax implications be retroactive to 2012, or will they only affect 2013+?

37. 2012 December 3 7:00 pm

#37 Probably 2013, but anything could happen. They are law makers, not promise keepers.

38. 2012 December 3 7:24 pm

I originally thought that too, but there is a lot of chatter going on saying this will hit our wallets in April.

39. 2012 December 3 7:34 pm

Interesting observation over the weekend. We were out Saturday and I noticed a number of farms that had their land tilled recently. Too late for winter wheat and way to early for spring. Later found out that fertilizer prices being so high (diesel far cheaper) that farmers are tilling their land to turn over any vegetation to act as fertilizer.

Also found out from a local farmer that he had planted 20% more corn then last year BUT had 30% less yield. He also said it was very similar with other farmers in the area. Yet some government reports had reported higher yields.

40. 2012 December 4 12:01 am
    PRNmeds permalink

JM–Blow this up so the photo can be seen, and not just the link please ;-). Too good for anyone to miss, haha.

41. 2012 December 4 1:52 am

re: PM in 41 – What a clown.

42. 2012 December 4 5:29 am

“Remember, Democracy never lasts long. It soon
    wastes, exhausts and murders itself! There was never
    a Democracy that did not commit suicide.”

– Samuel Adams

43. 2012 December 4 5:33 am

PRNmeds, that text exchange in #41 is priceless!!

p.s. and then there’s the part in the 4th Amendment where the Constitution discusses “abortion”…

44. 2012 December 4 5:34 am

IP, that Samuel Adams quote is all too prophetic

45. 2012 December 4 5:35 am

Who is Carol J Roth? She seems pretty sharp. At least in the take down in 41.

46. 2012 December 4 5:39 am

and to KH…that link regarding electronic messaging in #43 is a timely reminder that everything we do, say, type and think (or can be imputed to be “thinking”) can and WILL be used against us in a Court of “Law”

Folks, I know a LOT of people on the Left…and they are almost universally OK with the concept of “rooting out dangerous/hateful communication“…BY ANY MEANS! They trust OBAMA to use this power wisely

47. 2012 December 4 5:46 am

well, THIS should piss you off:

and note that this is referred to by the A/P as the “Fort Hood shooting rampage case

Hasan’s religious rights” are the ONLY thing the Army and our alleged government give a damn about. NOT the brave men & women he MASSACRED in the NAME of that “religion”

tic…tic..tic..

48. 2012 December 4 5:50 am

They trust OBAMA to use this power wisely — JR

The French masses trusted Maximilien de Robespierre too. At least till he was consumed by logistics of his own devising, egged on of course by the French masses.

Liberté, égalité, fraternité — such garbage. But I bet Obama loves the idea.

49. 2012 December 4 5:51 am

50. 2012 December 4 5:53 am

I don’t trust anyone to use said power wisely; hell I don’t even want the company’s involved retaining the data even for themselves that long. 😉

51. 2012 December 4 5:55 am

51. You mean the guy that did it on the eve of the push into Iraq?
    I honestly don’t know but I certainly didn’t forget that incident.

52. 2012 December 4 6:11 am

IP: “Whatever happened to the muslim sgt. that fragged a bunch of his own troops in kuwait a few years back?”

Didn’t he just get re-elected Resident of the White House?? Oh wait…Obama wasn’t in the military…

53. 2012 December 4 6:17 am
    Mr Evilwrench permalink

gnqanq: Corn (and everything else) was very regional this last year. There were heat and droughts some places that caused a total loss, but other places did fine. Remember, weather is not climate!

54. 2012 December 4 6:17 am

🙂

55. 2012 December 4 6:25 am

I think this is the Sgt in question? — http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hasan_Akbar_case

56. 2012 December 4 6:32 am

drdog, that Wikipedia entry is unintentionally hilarious. It has a secion titled: “Possible motives …and then provides this:

In a diary entry dated 4 February 2003, Akbar referred to mistreatment by his fellow soldiers:
    I suppose they want to punk me or just humiliate me. Perhaps they feel that I will not do anything about that. They are right about that. I am not going to do anything about it as long as I stay here. But as soon as I am in Iraq, I am going to try and kill as many of them as possible.”
    Akbar wrote prior to the attack
    I may not have killed any Muslims, but being in the army is the same thing. I may have to make a choice very soon on who to kill.
    ****

the Wikipedia article concludes with: “Prosecutors alleged that his diary entries and his actions (stealing hand grenades and turning off the generator that lit the camp) showed that the attack was premeditated.

wait…WHAT? “alleged that it was premeditated”???? ALLEGED???
    Until and unless we simply shoot these mad dogs…we are DOOMED!

57. 2012 December 4 6:33 am

58. 2012 December 4 6:43 am

Well Ok, hut dweller 58, then this will really get you going — http://spectator.org/archives/2012/12/04/ruminations-of-a-reaganite — The Republican party is nothing but a money laundering operation? If all that is said in this interview is correct, this reinforces my belief that the only person capable of getting the GOP back on track is Sarah Palin as RNC chair.

She has done this before…

59. 2012 December 4 7:06 am

From a HA posting —

I live smack dab in the middle of the U.S., in the cornfields of Indiana. Earlier in the year, I took my first journey out west and hopefully my last. I’ll be happy to stay here and die here in Indiana, one of the last stongholds of a decent civilization.

Sure, the “creeping crud” has begun to infect many of our midwestern towns and cities, but we have been able to minimize it to a manageable level. I figure I have about 20 years to live if I follow in my father’s footsteps, so if we can contain the worst of the decline until then, I’ll be thankful.

My trip out west was an Amtrak adventure, and “adventure” hardly begins to describe what I encountered. But I’ll leave that story for another time. I will say that I was extremely disappointed in the landscape and the culture of the people west of the Mississippi. Again, I understand that the midwest has it’s own questionable culture, but the worst of it is kept out of sight for the time being. However, traveling out west is an eye opener for sure, especially on an Amtrak train. It’s like someone laid all the track through an endless junkyard, complete with all the profanity-laced graffiti one could ever imagine. And yes, that track travels through San Bernardino, CA.

I’ll have to say that I am saddened for the decent, hard-working, God-fearing, law-abiding citizens of this country under the age of 60. The entire state of California is a photocopy of what is in store for the rest of the United States. This “creeping crud” from out west will cover the country from coast to coast and it cannot be stopped at this point. We are too far down the road to total anarchy and destruction of what was once a great country. I am not sure if we can ever rise from the ashes to rebuld. San Bernardino is finished and may be the flashpoint that will begin the final days of the great U.S.

60. 2012 December 4 7:13 am

You can take the turds out of the turd world, but you can’t take the turd world out of the turds.

61. 2012 December 4 9:01 am

#61 Yeah, I do feel bad for folks who come out to CA thinking it is all glamorous or whatever. Most places are a dump, or dump adjacent.

62. 2012 December 4 2:22 pm
    Mr Evilwrench permalink

Come to Indiana. The guy’s right. I’ve been here, there, and everywhere, and if I never leave again, it’ll suit me fine.