Super Bowl & Open Thread

Tie-breaker #1 Total Points Scored: _45___

Tie-breaker #2 Total Yards Gained (passing and rushing by both teams): _540___

mr7117 : Ravens
48 total points
720 total yards

Deckard: Ravens vs. 49ers –No guesses on points or yardage

MI Conservative: 49ers to win.

Total points 42.

Eph: 49ers

Tie-breaker #1 Total Points Scored: 51

Tie-breaker #2 Total Yards Gained (passing and rushing by both teams): 667

bc3b: Ravens

Total Points: 57/Total Yards 753

1. 2013 February 3 7:19 am

If you have not already, get your picks in. Picks will be posted at 2 PM (God’s Time, not Moonbeam’s)

2. 2013 February 3 7:38 am

Go Niners!

3. 2013 February 3 7:39 am

Sad day of the year as it brings an end to cheerleaders, err I mean football season. #10 (Bucs) is this week’s favorite. With that smile, she just looks like a nice wholesome girl.

4. 2013 February 3 7:41 am

I don’t have a favorite – two of the most liberal cities/states in the country.

5. 2013 February 3 9:11 am
    MI Conservative permalink

I’m with u bc. I’m cheering for them both to lose.

6. 2013 February 3 9:16 am
    MI Conservative permalink

And I don’t even wanna watch the red wings this year after the strike. Bored to death.

7. 2013 February 3 10:41 am
    booshkindoggin permalink

Niners aren’t really about the city of SF which has a population of only 800k in the Bay Area of 7 plus million; in 2014 they move to a new home in Santa Clara 40 miles and 2 counties south of “The City”. Believe me, the Red & Gold is fully supported by the conservative element of Northern CA. The low info 47% are more likely to be wearing Raiders silver and black. Kaepernick is undefeated as a post season starter.

8. 2013 February 3 10:48 am

MIC –

Next year the Big 10 will have its own hockey league (for the schools that play hockey). I guess Michigan and Michigan State got tired of Ferris State and Lake Superior State kicking the crap out of them.

9. 2013 February 3 10:49 am

In San Francisco all the “guys” either want to play center, quarterback or wide receiver.

10. 2013 February 3 10:57 am

~~~~or lockeroom masseur

11. 2013 February 3 11:48 am
    R.J.H. permalink

Go Niners! I notice how everyone thinks there will be a lot of offense against two really good defenses.

12. 2013 February 3 11:55 am
    MI Conservative permalink

bc, I’ve been to 4 MSU hockey games this season.THEY JUST PLAIN SUCK!!! And every-time I go they are worse than the game before. The coach must go.

Ron Mason has to be crying in his beer,

13. 2013 February 3 12:53 pm

MIC –

I know you hate Western Michigan, but the Broncos are ranked #7 nationally in college hockey. Ferris State is also better than MSU. When you have better teams closer to you, why go to MSU?

14. 2013 February 3 1:00 pm

ip –

“~~~~or lockeroom masseur”

In SF for the players, not the cheerleaders.

About 10 years ago I worked with a really hot airhead, who transferred to our San Francisco office. I warned her that wearing tight sweaters wouldn’t work for her in SF like it did in Detroit. Once she got there, she sent me an email stating that whenever she wore a tight sweater to work she attracted more gals than guys. About six months later she moved to LA.

15. 2013 February 3 1:28 pm

49’ers

16. 2013 February 3 1:30 pm

RJH,

Shucks, 6TD’s and a FG not a lot scoring. Though my yardage calc is probably too low.

17. 2013 February 3 2:28 pm

On the right hand side of Drudge (where people often miss it):

18. 2013 February 3 3:15 pm
    MI Conservative permalink

bc, I have a friend on the Spartan team that helped with children’s books. And a great young man. We’ve become fantastic friends.

19. 2013 February 3 3:49 pm

Gee, no need to sugar coat it UKIP — http://youtu.be/-KIc7jLx8RA — And we are following right behind in our own sort of way. Except we will end up with a king and not an oligarchy.

20. 2013 February 3 5:13 pm

Off to watch a movie, this first half has been a boring one sided affair.

21. 2013 February 3 5:20 pm

Reminds me of something else I saw yesterday that Iran appears ahead of schedule with regard to all their refinery expansion plans. 5-6 years ago this was a leverage point – no more. http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-02-03/iran-will-be-regular-gasoline-exporter-next-year-qasemi-says.html

22. 2013 February 3 5:45 pm

ONE NAME: DOUG WILLIAMS

hehehehe

23. 2013 February 3 5:46 pm

Interesting article from newsbusters.org. Both Harbaughs and the Ravens owner are devout Catholics, something the press keeps under wraps:

24. 2013 February 3 5:47 pm

KH,

This is the only Superbowl dating back to 1979 that I’m not watching live.

The MSM has ruined even that

25. 2013 February 3 5:54 pm

The 2o12-2013 NFL season: Started off UGLY, and ended even UGLIER

26. 2013 February 3 5:57 pm

Eph –

Chris Christie has bigger (but not better) jubs than the Buc’s cheerleader.

27. 2013 February 3 5:58 pm

jubs = jugs

28. 2013 February 3 5:58 pm

“LMAO”

-MLB

29. 2013 February 3 5:59 pm

“My record is safe”

-Doug Williams

30. 2013 February 3 6:11 pm

Given the fact that the Ravens have a 22 point lead, I imagine the lengthy power outage delay will just about kill the TV ratings. CBS may have to make good the guarantees on a lot of $3.4 million 30 second commercial buys.

31. 2013 February 3 6:47 pm

… killed the Ravens too

32. 2013 February 3 7:02 pm

Editorial: Blood On The Hands Of The LEFT

By: Howard Galganov

I was just about to publish my latest editorial as promised,

on Canada ‘s Supreme Court Decision to suspend Freedom of Speech,

in favor of promoting one language over all others.

THEN THE CONNECTICUT SCHOOL SHOOTING HAPPENED.

Next to language issues in Canada , and a failed Judicial System in both

of our countries, what happened in Connecticut takes precedence.

I won’t waste words describing my feelings, because how I feel about as

many as, and maybe more than 26 people murdered, including 18 children

is indescribable.

BUT I WILL TELL YOU WHY IT HAPPENED:

It didn’t happen because of the so-called gun culture, or because of

poor security at the school. It happened because of the modern LEFTIST

culture that has removed all semblances of personal responsibility and

respect.

It happened because of the Hollywood and television types who lecture

the Conservatives on how people should live, while they make FORTUNES

producing absolute FILTH in their movies and on television programs.

It happened because of reality television shows that demean humanity.

And shows that make people laugh at the pain and humiliation of others.

It happened because multi-millionaire computer game producers create

UGLY digital scenarios that poison young minds with abject and

gratuitous violence.

It happened because the school system doesnt teach values,

and promotes the idea that anything goes. And that all people are equal

regardless of the truth. And that no one ever fails.

It happened because LEFTISTS won’t allow concerned and loving parents

to discipline their children, or raise their children the way they want

to.

It happened because far too many Liberals spend far too much time and

effort ridiculing and attacking people who want to live by the lessons

of the Bible and the Torah.

In truth . . . this and other horrible acts of violence happen, because

our society from our entertainment industry, to schools, to

the media,and our governments have created the social and cultural foundation

that is eating away at our countries like a cancer.

I know that what I just wrote WILL inflame those on the LEFT, and

that’s OK, because if they don’t like it . . . they can ROT in HELL

along with the demons of their own creation.

I want my old country values back . . .

. . . when we stood in school when an adult entered the room. When we

were really disciplined for bad behavior. When we were measured by our

successes and failures. When not everyone had to waste years of his or

her life in college studying basket weaving instead of taking a trade

course, or going to work right after finishing high school. When your

mom was a woman and your dad was a man. And when there weren’t vulgar

parades extolling the “virtues” of being gay.

If you want to stop the sickness . . . IT’S TIME TO STOP THE LEFT.

In Sadness . . . Howard Galganov.

33. 2013 February 3 8:40 pm

Sorry about that 49ers fans. They gave it a good run.

34. 2013 February 3 8:50 pm

A BJG tradition, dedicated to 49ers fans – Roxette:

Next year: The Lions. I am wearing my Red Wings shirt today. The Wings have been to as many Super Bowls as the Lions.

35. 2013 February 4 7:38 am