Who Among Us….

2013 February 18
by drdog09

Washington, Franklin, Adams, Henry are all names out of the history books. Men who in the fullness of their time “… we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.” Men who not only had fortitude but faith that their cause was just and believed the same in those by their side.

But there was something else in many of these men, that of community support. Had the Revolution gone the other way men like Washington, Franklin and Hancock would have had to be dragged before a Crown court in London. It would have been highly unlikely that King George would have found a court in the colonies, fairly picked, that would assure a conviction. Such was the stature of many. (Washington was literally offered a monarchy and refused. When his name was offered for the Presidency no other person considered running against him.)

Which poses a problem. If you believe that American Revolution 2.0 may come to pass, who among us shall sustain it? At an early stage Concord like events supported by modern communications are quite possible. But beyond that it takes a organizational structure to complete it. Where are the person(s) who are to fill that void? Then after? Assuredly we are unlikely to turn to the current crop of politicos. Even a Rand Paul should be viewed with suspicion.

The first American Revolution in popular culture comes off with the aura of spontaneity. Revere’s Ride –> Concord Bridge –> Lexington Green –> The war is on. But the truth is far different. As early as 1765 many of the major cities, Boston, New York, Philadelphia had secret societies. They merged into the Sons of Liberty in order to thwart Crown taxes. The Revolution as a consequence ended up a well oiled machine. Well as well oiled as 13 separate colonial States can achieve working in concert. The point is they had latent leadership ready to take the reins when the time came. Which begs the question for our time. Are we developing the alt-structures for the coming storm? As relevant to that question is —

Who among us…. shall lead?

1. 2013 February 18 6:55 am

2. 2013 February 18 7:21 am

excellent post, drdog…and exactly what has been preying on my mind. Along with additional questions…like this one:

how will the leaders avoid defamation that would cripple their “stature”??

Consider how these men would have been portrayed:
    George WashingtonSLAVE OWNER!!!!!
    Ben FranklinPERVERT!!!
    Thomas JeffersonSLAVE OWNER…-and- RAPIST (of helpless slaves)!!!!!
    almost every attendee at Constitutional ConventionGREEDY 1%er!!!!!!

and so on…every voice raised in opposition would be marginalized and criminalized by THE MEDIA!! The Obama-loving ex-cop who was roasted in the SoCal mountains most likely WAS guilty as sin…but what if he wasn’t? The contradictions in his actions, and utter lack of attempt to apprehend him ALIVE in the end does give one pause. Now imagine yourself, all of a sudden hunted and you see on the news that you committed a “HUGE AWFUL CRIME“! Wait…I did WHAT? Lather-Rinse-Repeat for each voice of a Re-Founder as they become known.

So the FIRST question in our modern age of instant-communications controlled by corrupt media is: “How to NOT be BBQ’ed????”

3. 2013 February 18 7:23 am

“But there was something else in many of these men, that of community support.”

Were they looking for “free stuff,” like Barack’s and Holder’s people on the south side of Chicago?

4. 2013 February 18 7:27 am

JR –

Since John Adams was from Massachusetts, he was probably a flaming liberal.

5. 2013 February 18 7:38 am

Don’t You Just Love Tolerant Leftists? Alex Baldwin Throws Slurs:

Why Capital One has this hater as its spokesperson is beyond me.

6. 2013 February 18 7:41 am

bc3b… andthe chorus of voices being raised by the Black community against Alex Baldwin???

hmmm…oddly the same reaction from the feminists when he verbally abused his daughter…

Alex Baldwin is a realiable spokes-weasel for the Left…they will and DO forgive him always!

7. 2013 February 18 8:01 am

how will the leaders avoid defamation that would cripple their “stature”?? — JR

That is an interesting observation and a clear hurdle to any refounder that must be overcome. But to a point that is one of the reason’s I don’t see leadership coming from any of the crop of current holders of office elected or not at the Federal level.

BC.

Back then Mass was a FreeHolder state. You already had to have `had yours` in the form of land unencumbered by debt to vote or hold public office. Compared to today that would put Mass in the conservative column. 😉 Or the 1%ers.

8. 2013 February 18 8:55 am
    MI Conservative permalink

FYI Gas is $3.95 in my area of Western Michigan.

Went to major gas station with 16 gas pumps and they were out of gas??? Huh??

9. 2013 February 18 9:03 am

MIC,

Its $3.55/gal here in DFW right now and that’s at a cheap station. I wonder what is going on. 6 weeks ago we were @ $2.99. Its the fastest rise in gas prices I have seen and we are not even into the driving season yet.

10. 2013 February 18 9:23 am

Dear drdog,

In re. your comment: “Its the fastest rise in gas prices I have seen and we are not even into the driving season yet.” …you only THINK this is the case! And your wrong-thinking results from you trying to REMEMBER!!

The only thing you need to remember is to stop remembering…and trust the Ministry of Truth (ok, technically that’s TWO things)

The TRUTH! ™ is that Lord Obama has LOWERED gasoline prices to their lowest EVER…and as a result, citizens (loyal ones, that is) are lining up to sing his praises!! Get in line!

Truthfully,
    Minion 8833.4, Blog-Monitor 3rd class
    Bowel Level 12, MOT

11. 2013 February 18 9:30 am

drdog09 –

Gas in the Detroit suburbs is up to $3.89 on average:

12. 2013 February 18 9:35 am

Damn! I keep changing the channel and every time all I see is —

13. 2013 February 18 9:38 am

Gas is hovering around 4.15 here. Darn those two oilmen in the White House!

14. 2013 February 18 9:43 am

The whole purpose of Obama’s latest EO is to thwart organization. Folks will want to lead and be led quickly, meaning social media will need to be turned off. No small wonder that Facebook is getting mega kickbacks, since they will be among the first shut down after the Reichstag fire is lit.

15. 2013 February 18 9:47 am

JM –

Glad to see you didn’t OD on the NBA All Star Game. I understand that if the game was tied at the end of regulation this the team that fathered the most illegitimate children was to be declared the winner.

Unfortunately, for the thirty something th consecutive year I forgot to tune in.

On a more pertinent point. Has the edit feature been fixed and is there something I need to do to use it?

16. 2013 February 18 10:31 am
    MI Conservative permalink

Wait till food prices go up with the gas prices. And I hate to think what it will do to beer. Those gas hog delivery trcuks will add $.50 a beer!!!!

Groceries already are sky high. Fresh fruit and vegetables in my area are unreal.

17. 2013 February 18 10:51 am

Box of Lorna Doone cookies is $6.09 here. Huh?

18. 2013 February 18 10:52 am

MI Conservative –

We have this sports bar in Beautiful Clawson where a 22 oz. LaBatts Blue or Coors Light is $2.00 any time day or night. I’d hate to see that change.

19. 2013 February 18 10:54 am

Mullet –

“NC gas is $3.55 to $3.68. I heard it’s a refinery problem, but this is the biggest rise in prices at this time of the year.”

It appears the Midwest is the highest except for Kalifornia and they deserve to pay more for the privilege of using those funny gas nozzles.

20. 2013 February 18 10:59 am

Chicago Teachers Union demands the end to standardized tests:

Because they are tired of seeing their students “ace” them. lol.

21. 2013 February 18 11:09 am
    MI Conservative permalink

bc-There is a test, The person giving the test is the tester, and the person taking the test is the testes. In Chicago I imagine you could say that seriously.

22. 2013 February 18 11:11 am
    MI Conservative permalink

And I imagine Chicago teachers would hate to see their testes fail!

23. 2013 February 18 11:12 am
    MI Conservative permalink

Maybe doctors should be testing the testes in Chicago?

24. 2013 February 18 11:18 am

speaking of teachers… http://dailycaller.com/2013/02/18/college-fire-professor-who-forced-students-to-vote-for-obama/

25. 2013 February 18 11:21 am

#15 We DID watch it! haha Watched most of the weekend’s events! I have asked Kenny to fix the edit feature a few times, so I am not sure if he just hasn’t done it or if it is broken again. I’ll email him today.

26. 2013 February 18 11:24 am

27. 2013 February 18 11:34 am

only read this if you have a good dental plan…’cause it’ll make you grind your teeth down to dust:

And yet despite being only an EIGHT- PAGE BILL, the Leftist creeps are claiming: “Gee, I shoulda read it more carefully”.

Bull$hit…they’re just upset they got caught!

28. 2013 February 18 11:35 am

“In fact, the South has the plurality of households with gun ownership — far below a “majority,” at 38%. The Midwest is only nine points behind at 29% of households, and the West just two points behind that at 27%. Gun ownership is hardly a Southern phenomenon, and might have more to do with other factors, perhaps former military service.”
    — NBC report, via HA.

What’s that saying about Southern Women? Better run if you hear “Ahhhh Hell No!”

29. 2013 February 18 12:00 pm

Are you a Democrat, a Republican, or a Southerner?

The answer can be found by posing the following question:

You’re walking down a
    deserted street with your wife
    and two small children.

Suddenly, a terrorist with a huge knife
    comes around the corner,
    locks eyes with you,
    screams obscenities,
    raises the knife, and charges at you . . .

You are carrying a
    Kimber 1911 .45 ACP, and you are an expert shot.
    You have mere seconds before he reaches you and your family.
    What do you do?

Democrat’s Answer:

• Well, that’s not enough information to answer the question!
    • What is a Kimber 1911 .45 ACP?
    • Does the man look poor or oppressed?
    • Is he really a terrorist? Am I guilty of profiling?
    • Have I ever done anything to him that would inspire him to attack?
    • Could we run away?
    • What does my wife think?
    • What about the kids?
    • Could I possibly swing the gun like a club and knock the knife out of his hand?
    • What does the law say about this situation?
    • Does the pistol have appropriate safety built into it?
    • Why am I carrying a loaded gun anyway, and what kind of message does this send to society and to my children?
    • Is it possible he’d be happy with just killing me?
    • Does he definitely want to kill me, or would he be content just to wound me?
    • If I were to grab his knees and hold on, could my family get away while he was stabbing me?
    • Should I call 9-1-1?
    • Why is this street so deserted?
    • Can we make this a happier, healthier street that would discourage such behavior.
    • I need to debate this with some friends for a few days and try to come to a consensus.
    • This is all so confusing!

Republican’s Answer:

BANG!

Southerner’s Answer:

BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG!
    BANG ! BANG! BANG! BANG!
    Click . . . . . (Sounds of reloading)
    BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG!
    BANG!
    BANG!
    BANG!
    Click

Southerner’s Daughter: ‘Nice grouping, Daddy!’
    ‘Were those the Winchester Silver Tips or Hollow Points?’

Southerner’s Son: ‘Can I shoot the next one?!’

Southerner’s Wife: ‘You ain’t taking that to the Taxidermist!

30. 2013 February 18 12:06 pm

This falls under “No Shit Sherlock”.

“One Stanford University researcher and geneticist, Dr. Gerald Crabtree, believes that our intellectual decline as a race has much to do with adverse genetic mutations.”

No @sshole, when you are given free shit and told your shit does not stink – you have no incentive to get off your ass and improve yourself.

As my father use to say about college educated people – “educated idiots”.

31. 2013 February 18 12:26 pm

JM –

“#16 Ice cream containers still haven’t gone back to their normal size, and are still twice the price from the last huge gas spike! What will they do this time? A thimble full of ice cream for $5? Don’t even get me started on cereal boxes.”

It’s hard to find anything in super markets that hasn’t either been downsized or the price has gone up in recent months.

In the Midwest Kroger has gas stations at/near some of its stores. You earn fuel points for your purchases. If you purchase about $200 a month, you get 20 cents off each gallon of gas on a fill-up.

32. 2013 February 18 1:12 pm

JR –

“IF she really IS fired…then it will be a miracle! I fully expect the Brown-Shirts to rally to her defense!”

Especially since she is a “woman of color.”

33. 2013 February 18 4:43 pm

I have to amend #9.

This morning it was $3.55. This afternoon the same station now has it at $3.69.

34. 2013 February 18 4:55 pm

Southerner’s Answer (Amended):

BANG! BANG! BANG! (A clean triple tap to the head.)

Southerner’s Daughter: ‘Nice grouping, Daddy!’
    ‘Were those the Winchester Silver Tips or Hollow Points?’

Southerner’s Son: ‘Can I shoot the next one?!’
    Southerner: Only if you rifle thru his wallet to buy the bullets. @ $1.05 per you don’t waste warning shots understand? They were the Hollow Points Dear.

Southerner’s Wife: ‘You ain’t taking that to the Taxidermist!
    Southerner: Oh heavens no Dear! It would clash with the red velvet wallpaper. But I was thinking maybe the mulch pile??

[Cue Ruff the Crime Dog]: In these tough economic times we have to conserve where we can ya know!

35. 2013 February 18 4:58 pm

As my father use to say about college educated people – “educated idiots”.

Hey I know a bunch of them! And they are!

36. 2013 February 18 5:16 pm

Need to expound on 35 some.

I teach at one of the tech schools around here among others. I told one of the Deans a while ago that I could take a 100 students at their institution and accurately predict who would or would not be in the profession 5 years hence. She scoffed “Nobody can predict that!” “I can and a $1000 says I can.” She asked what the test would entail. My answer —

“Dear student, do you currently or have you recently done any of the following:

1) Taken apart a washer, dryer, toaster or other item to fix it?
    2) Worked on your car to keep it running?
    3) Learned to play a musical instrument on your own and still play?”
    4) Enjoyed assembling picture puzzles or doing crossword puzzles?

Her next observation was none of these questions had anything to do with IT. That’s the point I said. But they do go to the persons; curiosity, intuitiveness and perseverance. All three are required to stay in the IT game.

This nation does graduate a fair amount of idiots. Look good on paper but can’t find their way out of a wet paper bag.

37. 2013 February 18 6:28 pm

38. 2013 February 18 6:48 pm

39. 2013 February 18 7:16 pm

drdog, that article in #38 is awesome…I LOVE a good metaphor…and they nailed it!

40. 2013 February 18 7:21 pm

drdog – #38 is excellent (agree with JR).

41. 2013 February 18 9:27 pm

BC,

Republicans need an issue to gain the women vote? Well here it is — http://hotair.com/archives/2013/02/18/co-democrat-hey-even-if-you-feel-like-youre-gonna-get-raped-you-might-not-so-no-guns-for-you/ — It can be framed quite easily.

“If you believe in `my body, my rights` then CO democrats (and most other democrats in general) are not your friend. For is it not fundamental that you have the right, nay the duty, to do as you wish with your body and nobody else? And by extension, the right to protect that body if you so desire it? Yet this democrat wishes to deprive you of that right. Turning you from a bold protector of yourself to a snivelling victim deprived of `my body, my rights`.”

Now I couched that in a Liberal bent, but that is the point. Think like a Liberal, don’t pitch 2nd Amendment rights as 2nd Amendment. Pitch it as a Roe v Wade stand. Then stand back and watch the gears churning like the conflicted robot scene from Forbidden Planet.

42. 2013 February 18 10:22 pm
    Wylie E. Coyote permalink

“Organized crime, or even outright terrorism, can do far less harm than the most well-meaning government. It’s a matter of power, not intention.”
    Joseph Sobran

43. 2013 February 19 6:29 am

The mask slips a little bit more — http://hotair.com/archives/2013/02/19/wa-gun-bill-includes-police-searches-without-warrants/ — bill introduced to require home inspection to own a gun.