The Price of Freedom

2013 June 22
by justrand

The Republican Party is being told that the only way to survive is to be more like the Democrats in one key way: “Be more inclusive”. It is primarily people on the Left (aka: “Progressive”) side of the political spectrum who are pushing this meme. Why would they want to offer the GOP advice that they think would help it?

Because by saying the GOP needs to more IN-clusive it implies that it is currently EX-clusive. Which it is not.

What the GOP does not currently do, but is ramping up to do, is carve out groups by ethnicity, gender, sexual-orientation, race/color, etc. The Democrats have this down to an art form!

vegomaticIn fact, if the Democrats ever change their name my suggestion would be the Veg-O-Matic Party! We slice, we dice…we separate.

When the Left says the GOP needs to be “more inclusive” this is what they mean…they want people identified by one or more characteristics and appealed to (aka: “bribed”) to vote for them! It’s a win-win for the Left! If the GOP does go more that way, then there will be a bidding war for votes…and if the GOP doesn’t, then the Left hammers them into (further) obscurity.

The more people think of themselves with a hyphen, as a “Characteristic-American” (insert your favorite ethnic, gender, racial, etc “characteristic”), the easier it is to pit one group against each other. Suspicion, hatred, and division…bingo!

The only “tent” the GOP (or any decent) political Party should erect is one that says: “Freedom loving Americans welcome…all others stay the hell out!” (I need to work on the slogan)

All the “identifying characteristics” in use are NOT inclusive…they are intentionally EX-clusive.

Unless you are willing to claim some victim-status or another…or repent sins against those “victims” (whether you committed them or not) then you are increasingly a non-entity in America. Worse, if you don’t beat your chest on behalf of those “victim” categories, you are a “Racist!”, “Homophobe!”, “Neanderthal!”, or other “label de jour”.

I was taught NOT to treat people differently based on anything other than how they treated me, my family, my friends and my country. Now I’m being told I must consider WHAT somebody is as the key criteria…not judge them “by the content of their character”, but rather “by the color of their skin” (or other identifying characteristic).  The whirring sound you here is Dr. King spinning in his grave.

You can still get a Veg-O-Matic for $19.99. And for that price you can be free from the drudgery of chopping veggies up by hand. But when it becomes the new symbol of America, chopping the body-politic up into smaller and smaller groups, then it is anything BUT the Price of Freedom!

1. 2013 June 22 7:23 am

When are the dimokrats going to become more inclusive of conservatives??

2. 2013 June 22 7:32 am

ooh ooh…I know: NEVER!

Conservative & Libertarian values (less government, more individual liberty and responsibility, etc) are an anathema to the Left. Thus people who espouse such outdated notions based on FREEDOM are to be ruthlessly stamped out!

next question 🙂

3. 2013 June 22 7:35 am

My mother still has her veg-0-matic! That count??

4. 2013 June 22 7:46 am

does she use it to (metaphorically one would hope) chop people up into categories?? 🙂
    then YES, it counts!!

5. 2013 June 22 8:27 am

perfect…sadly…but perfect:

freestuff

6. 2013 June 22 9:06 am

The faster this house of cards falls, the sooner we can rebuild~~~or not.

7. 2013 June 22 9:07 am

Subject: Senior Lemon Picker

Sally Mullihan of Coral Springs , Florida decided to take one of the jobs that most Americans are not willing to do.

The woman applying for a job in a Florida lemon grove seemed to be far too qualified for the job. She had a liberal arts degree from the University of Michigan and had worked as a social worker and school teacher.

The foreman frowned and said, “I have to ask you, have you had any actual experience in picking lemons?”

“Well, as a matter of fact, I have! I’ve been divorced three times, owned 2 Chryslers and voted for Obama.”

8. 2013 June 22 10:47 am

Well yes and no. Back 40 years ago, politicians heads would fit. Now, no. Especially Sen. Schumer. Hell he can’t get his head thru our front door, which is these days is a blessing. 🙂

9. 2013 June 22 10:55 am

Why is soccer so loved by much of the world?

Because it is socialistic?

How is that?

The field is too big, it’s overly regulated, there are too many non workers, everyone shares, no one scores, and the people riot violently.

10. 2013 June 22 11:24 am

GN –

Both my kids played soccer; my son played premier travel, so I know the game well. Believe me, it’s no fun if you don’t have a kid on the field.

My son’s premier team was actually pretty interesting. It was coached by a dad who had played soccer and he termed it “American Soccer.” He used all 18 players and the team played “run and shoot.” The games were high scoring (for soccer, like 6-4). His goal was to run the other team (which maybe used 13-14 players) into the ground. His teams usually dominated in the second half.

11. 2013 June 22 11:29 am

JR –

The difference between the Democrats and the Republicans is the Dems are smart enough that they won’t alienate their base to attract groups that might have a 25% likelihood of voting Democratic.

The “audit” Reince Priebus commissioned after the election started out with the conclusions they wanted (more moderates, more Hispanics, etc.) and worked backwards to get data that would support their findings.

12. 2013 June 22 11:49 am

BC,

The Dims are even smarter than that!

Lets take the immigration bill, specifically Corkers `Amendment` to the bill. We scream secure the border!!! Ok, Corker drags it up. They add 20k more Border Agents. Whether we get them or not is a different matter. But lets say we do.

1) There is no guarantee these additional bodies will be on the border.
    2) Costs even more to run BP.
    3) All those BP agents will now belong to a union.
    4) The union contributes to Dims only.

Even getting what we want in some fashion screws us over royal. The GOP does not even fathom it. The real solution is The Fence. But we won’t get that because a fence can’t vote and/or contribute to Dim causes.

The GOP is intellectually dead.
    /rant

13. 2013 June 22 11:53 am

Speaking of spinning in their graves…between the Founding Fathers, George Orwell, Dr. King, and every single soldier who has ever given their life for this country…we should be able to power every grid in America. The whirring sound is indeed loud.

14. 2013 June 22 11:59 am

Does your gun shop have one? —

15. 2013 June 22 12:04 pm

16. 2013 June 22 12:09 pm

#16 No kidding.

17. 2013 June 22 1:00 pm

Take it for what it is worth….

18. 2013 June 22 1:33 pm

drdog09 –

Even if we get the additional BP agents, Obama and Big Sis can tie their hands.

19. 2013 June 22 1:45 pm

drdog that video in #18 was chilling…even for me and was already aware of it.

two notes…
    (1) at the 8:00 mark we get to see the diagram of Hut 1369…sweeeet!
    but seriously…
    (2) the DHS zombie training exercise, when coupled with their purchase of those billions of rounds of ammo, was CHILLING! Why have a training exercise where you shoot un-armed civilians?? Exactly what the guy says: “To condition agents to fire on defenseless civilians”

Except, of course, many U.S. civilians are NOT un-armed…thanks to 2nd Amendment. Hence the zeal by our government to do away with it.

I will post the video around…I hope everyone watches it

20. 2013 June 22 3:32 pm

drdog, IP…or any of ya’ll

looking for recommendations for a reliable (and reasonable price-wise) online dealer to buy a left-handed rifle from. I’m looking at the the Ruger or Savage .308 …but open to suggestions. Need a scope too since my eyesight ain’t what it used to be 🙂

Thinking ahead to maybe deer hunting someday, but for now want to be able to go out and target shoot.

suggestions?

21. 2013 June 22 4:41 pm

JR #21 –

I don’t know much about rifles, but I can offer this advise: don’t take your new rifle on a “booze cruise.”

22. 2013 June 22 5:59 pm

Thx IP for the links…have you bought online from any of them?

P.s. to drdog…I have this funny feeling that shortly after acquiring my new rifle I will, sadly, “lose”it in yet another tragic boating accident! I’m just so damn clumsy!

23. 2013 June 22 6:09 pm

Thx IP for the links…have you bought online from any of them?

They will have to send it to a local dealer for you to pick up.

You might want to avoid the paperwork by buying at a local gun show from another individual,
    not a dealer, unless kalifornikate won’t allow it.

24. 2013 June 22 6:40 pm

Well ya know the Coast Guard always says — http://www.backwoodshome.com/articles2/wolfe140.html — to file a float plan if you are going boating. 🙂

As to south-paw (being one meself) rifles I am kind of partial to the M77 Ruger. Its basic, rugged and ultimately customizable. Also you have a wide choice of calibres to choose from.

Now here’s a off the wall observation — get a Mosin-Nagant with the straight bolt. With a straight bolt Nagant I can cycle thru a magazine’s worth of 7.62 as fast as the Ruger left handed. Just be sure you have the Nagant hard against your shoulder. Otherwise that straight bolt could break your nose!

25. 2013 June 22 7:52 pm

I hope no one is under the illusion that our own troops won’t fire on their own citizens.

26. 2013 June 22 8:12 pm

I would hazard to say no one on this blog has that illusion.

27. 2013 June 23 3:20 am

28. 2013 June 23 3:25 am

I said a couple of days ago that it would not be far fetched for the NSA to have sharing agreements with other governments. Consider this confirmation — http://hotair.com/archives/2013/06/22/guardian-british-intel-also-snooping-on-internet-content/ — it sucks too.

29. 2013 June 23 5:16 am

Snowden has left Hong Kong.

30. 2013 June 23 5:26 am

drdog, that DBD cartoon in #30 was great…Obama in Obama’s own words. Of course, when you quote Obama to the Left they claim: “You don’t understand what he meant!”