Fear Not America

2014 February 5
tags:
by drdog09

The answer is obvious. Only due to massive Federal spending and the infusion of trillions of fiat dollars by the Federal Reserve did the U.S. economy not collapse completely in 2009. But the Fed and the Federal government only bought themselves some time — enough time to recruit JSOC and provide military orders against Americans. If you think I am being outrageous, then consider recent history.

The BBC reported that “ex-Labour spin doctor” Damian McBride wrote in his book Power Trip that former British Prime Minister Gordon Brown had his hand next to the red phone ready to call out troops during the financial collapse in 2008. McBride, who was the special economic adviser to the prime minister, quoted brown as saying:

If the banks are shutting their doors, and the cash points aren’t working, and people go to Tesco and their cards aren’t being accepted, the whole thing will just explode.

If you can’t buy food or petrol or medicine for your kids, people will just start breaking the windows and helping themselves.

And as soon as people see that on TV, that’s the end, because everyone will think that’s OK now, that’s just what we all have to do. It’ll be anarchy. That’s what could happen tomorrow.

Source HT: WEC

Will there be riots? Yes. Will there be internal deployments? Most likely. Will the President declare martial law? I don’t think so. (He’s a coward, but that is for another post….)

So why so upbeat? Well remember what Presidental hopeful Edwards stated — there are two America’s? Well to a point he is right, but is not the venue he expoused. There are two, Crony capitalists, and then Main Street. Main Street has been hurting for years while the Cronies have been flying high bank rolled by cheap money and connections.

Well if we have a SHTF situation it is going to manifest itself in several ways —

* TBTF’s finally collapsing.
* The Fed unable to provide funding to the TBTFs.
* The Govt unable to cover the bills.
* The Cronies, like GE, lacking access to contracts starts to falter.
* The frivilious will be abandonded. (Take note Apple.)

These effects will roll rapidly thru the economy. Up to 10m will lose their jobs directly or indirectly.

But note who is not on the list. Why most of the Main Street crowd. The sheet metal shop. The local banker who does not have access the Fed. Local food shops. Indepdent truckers. Fact any business who has already been impacted by the Cronies and govt actions. These firms have already downsized, rightsized and tweaked their business models to survive in what is a hostile Great Recession. Given that the initial impact is not too great these firms will survive what comes at them.

It won’t be pretty. Many a fortune will be lost, careers destroyed, futures delayed. Imports will collapse. Fact the entire global economy will contract. Yes, even welfare may cease. But the fact is what is left functioning will be so because it is needed and provided by the Main Street crowd.

1. 2014 February 5 9:28 pm
    Wylie E. Coyote permalink

Very good analysis……it takes a clear head and rational thought to think through the many positives that can come out of this situation……I am sure that power-mad Statists of the world only want you thinking doom n gloom so that you will panic and come begging to them…..

2. 2014 February 5 10:50 pm

What’s the ole saying — “We have done so much, with so little; we can do damn near anything with nutthin’.”

3. 2014 February 6 7:04 am

How can you say these things, drdog09? I just read a couple ASSociated Press articles on Yahoo “News” and they say that everything is going well and ObamaCare is a success.

Hopefully, the Minion will be here shortly to straighten you out.

4. 2014 February 6 7:10 am

BC, I guess I get away with it because its all future tense. 🙂 Hopefully Minion can thread the needle for us!

5. 2014 February 6 10:19 am

They may be wearing those google glasses up their nose instead of behind their ears.

6. 2014 February 6 10:40 am

I have been telling my son to find a way to be useful as he gets older. He can work wherever he wants to, I won’t sit here and dictate his future employment or anything…but I am very much putting my foot down that he learn a trade. My husband is an excellent mechanic, even though that is not his job. He does all the non-computer related work on our cars, and can fix motorcycles very easily (it was a big reason I let him have one!). It is a barter-able skill. People won’t be as quick to throw things away anymore, so things that can be fixed, will be fixed instead of replaced. Think of those types of things, and learn to do them now.

I had the strangest conversation with my mother in law yesterday. I asked her in what ways were they prepared for emergency situations and whatnot, and her reply was- if it’s the end of the world, who cares. Literally ZERO preparation, even for an earthquake. I couldn’t believe it. But, then again, I can believe it. People really do think that things will just keep swimming along forever. We are far enough removed from the GD that it isn’t even in the back of most people’s minds anymore. I know that my Great Grandma never ever threw anything away. She could fix anything, and was an amazing cook. She never spent money, and her gifts for us were always useful in some way. My Grandma was a fraction of that, and my mom a fraction of her, mindset wise…so it feels kind of strange to me that I am mindful of those things.

7. 2014 February 6 10:41 am

#7 Even birds won’t crap on it.

8. 2014 February 6 10:43 am

Fear Not America…the Ministry of Truth! ™ will be up later today!! 🙂

9. 2014 February 6 10:56 am

JM!

Might I suggest plumber as a trade? Most people are clueless about it, the concepts are not that hard (water level and gravity) and certification in most states are not that hard. Even if not a preference, it is a good back stop skill to have. That and most plumbers have a pretty good pay rate.

The other is AC repair. Especially here in the deep south.

10. 2014 February 6 11:00 am

It’s funny you say that (plumber), as it was one of the things I had suggested to him recently!

11. 2014 February 6 11:03 am

A handyman business could be a good idea. I am not handy and needed one last year. I left messages with 11 before one returned my call. Fixed a kitchen light (new ballast), patched a roof leak and repaired about 1 foot x 4 foot of ceiling (caused by roof leak): about 3 hours work: $385.00. A $20 ballast and some spackling were all the material costs.

This is in Michigan. I imagine Kalifornia might be 25% more.

12. 2014 February 6 12:23 pm