Five n’Trump

Vermont, March 1
Georgia, March 1
Missouri, March 15
Wisconsin, April 5
Hawaii, March 8
Montana, June 7

What is important about that list? They are the States with open primaries. There are only 5 primaries before the March 1 Super Tuesday not open primary. Does this give Trump the nod? Nope. All the big States, CA, TX, NY, FL are after these dates. So the importance?

Well there is this little rule,

“Each candidate for nomination for President of the United States and Vice President of the United States shall demonstrate the support of a plurality of the delegates from each of five (5) or more states, severally, prior to the presentation of the name of that candidate for nomination.”

Its rule 40(b) compliments of the national RNC. It was instituted before the 2012 convention to assist Romney. Some call it the Paul Block, as a means to keep minor candidates off the ballot. As far as I know that has not been removed.

So how does this combination help Trump? Open primary means that cross overs are possible. Also take note that Mr. Sanders is drawing huge crowds. He just had a rallye where 27000 attended. I take that as an indicator that the Democratic nom is in flux and that Clinton is not the shoe-in many thought. Those voters will be looking for an alternative. Another factor is 40(b) really negates the value of a low tier candidate winning one or two States. Who is the ‘Art of the Deal’? That’s right.

My question is ‘Why not Trump?’ The South is itching for some payback against the national RNC. Trump is the anti-RNC candidate. Might apply regardless of many of his liberal vices. Throw in the cross overs from the wavering Democratic side. Remember the trick that was pulled by the MS RNC to get cross overs? Trump could run up 5 States by March 8th. Quite likely he could pickup New York. Possibly Florida. At that point he becomes quite formidable. If he splits California and Texas he may very well be unstoppable. Regardless by March 8th he would be on the ballot at the convention.

So my friends, Trump may not go quietly if the stars align correctly.

1. 2015 August 11 8:31 pm

I love the smell of scared GOPers in the morning.

2. 2015 August 11 9:17 pm

I truly don’t think Trump should be President…but I will vote for him if he gets the nod.

Cruz, Fiorina, Walker, Carson and even Rubio…hell, even Kasich (I think). Rand Paul has dropped off my radar coletely. And Bush? NFW.

3. 2015 August 12 3:57 am

If Trump gets this far (I sorta doubt it) it will be one of the most interesting races of the new century. By then the dynasty players will have been swept away and the voters will be making a choice for how this country goes for the next 50 years. If Trump is still standing prior to the primary run; does the GOP out of desperation turn to the Tea Party that they have despised for years to salvage whomever is their #2 position player? What does the TP extract in return for their support? If Trump does get this far, does he burn down the MS GOP in a flood of crossover like Sherman burning Atlanta? Do the Dims nominate Sanders? Or does a unknown take over?

I suspect 2016 is the last act of the old guard of both parties. This maybe the most fun election in over a decade.

4. 2015 August 12 4:02 am

I would consider Cruz, Walker or Carson. If Carson did not get the top spot I would really like to see him as VP. If the country is really serious about eliminating ObamaCare it might take an insider of the system to weedle our way out of it.

5. 2015 August 12 4:10 am

POLL: Bernie Sanders surges ahead of Hillary Clinton in N.H., 44-37. “Sanders leads Clinton 44-37 percent among likely Democratic primary voters, the first time the heavily favored Clinton has trailed in the 2016 primary campaign, according to the poll of 442 Granite-Staters. Vice President Joe Biden got 9 percent support in the test primary match-up. The other announced Democrats in the race, former Maryland Gov. Martin O’Malley, former Rhode Island Gov. Lincoln Chafee and former Virginia Gov. Jim Webb, barely register at 1 percent or below.”

By the way Clinton is handing her server over to the FBI. I smell fear. She may very well be attempting to forestall federal charges. Her cred drops just an inch and the sharks are going to come swimming for blood.

6. 2015 August 12 6:12 am

So even the guardians of the public weal — http://blogs.rollcall.com/hill-blotter/gao-employees-indicted-for-school-lunch-fraud/?dcz= — are corrupt.

7. 2015 August 12 9:01 am

On the Illegal Immigration Front:

Illegals Hit Record Numbers:

Illegals Sue for Millions over Detention Center Conditions:

8. 2015 August 12 9:09 am

If there was only some way to get news like this out. But Pravda USA has a total shutdown capability and will put a total clamp on this. Anyone still laboring under the illusion that we live in a ‘free’ country is just a useful idiot.

Just read this!

9. 2015 August 12 9:12 am

Illegals Sue for Millions over Detention Center Conditions:
    —————-
    Lets see, they left a concrete block hovel with a smoky fire in the corner. No TV, internet or toilet. They now sit in a cell with no fire but get three free squares a day, get cable tv during break periods and no worries about disease. And these people are suing?

First, shoot the damn lawyer. In front of the defendants. Then deport their asses.

10. 2015 August 12 9:17 am

Justrand #2

I like your list……with the huge exception of Kasich. He is just another girlie man and way too connected to the R establishment……his female pandering answer on homosexuals that sodomize each other and want to pretend to be normal getting married should make anyone vomit. When he bows out he will slander whoever is left standing that the Establishment does not like and throw his support to Huggy Boy or Betty Bush.

This country needs a man, badly. But there is no way it’s going to happen without an act of God. Of course those do happen.

11. 2015 August 12 11:09 am

bruce, I agree on Kasich. 🙂 that’s why i said: “hell, even Kasich (I think)”

12. 2015 August 12 11:15 am

We have had fun with hitler bunker vids. Try this one — https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Prls6Iz3B3E — Auchtung!

13. 2015 August 12 11:48 am

JR #2 –

Kasich? Why not just go with Jeb! himself? Why settle for substitutes when there’s no real difference.

Like our current crackpot Pope, Kasich believes we have a moral responsibility to feed and clothe the unfortunates of the world, even especially if they are in the US illegally.

At least Rubio is doing it because illegals are fellow Latinos.

14. 2015 August 12 12:11 pm

I hope there is no one here who still doubts that the Republican Establishment is teamed with the Democrat establishment (i.e. Elitists are for Elitists first and everyone else is the enemy) consider this excerpt from Phyllis Shlafley’s IBD article on the Obama Iran Nuke Deal:

Instead of a treaty requiring approval from two-thirds of the Senate, the bill by Corker, R-Tenn., allows a simple majority in both houses to disapprove the Iran deal — subject to a certain presidential veto, which requires two-thirds of both houses to override.
    Under the Corker procedure, Obama can make a nuclear arms treaty involving Iran with the concurrence of just one-third of each house of Congress instead of two-thirds of senators, as the Constitution specifies.

So the real question I submit to the BJG punditry is this: why do ALL the elite class want this bill?

About the only answer I can think of that the R establishment could try to sell is that it would force Obama to veto the bill which could be used against Dems in the campaign……a useless ploy since Pravda USA will be supporting Obama and Hippary or whoever the D candidate is.

No, there is another reason the elites want this.

15. 2015 August 12 12:19 pm

“Like our current crackpot Pope” – bc3b

I wish he were just a crackpot, brother. I’m afraid he is determined to hand over the whole Catholic crew of Useful Idiots to the tender mercies of the Dem party and the Globalist thugs at the UN. All this under the guise of the new and improved Liberation Theology (designed by communists to seduce Catholics).

I’m afraid our beautiful church is in the middle of a full blown Modernist Heresy. Francis is to the Church as Obama is to the nation. Peace.

16. 2015 August 12 12:26 pm

Bruce – I am Catholic too and my Church has never meant less to me in my life. Francis is undoing the good that John Paul II and Benedict XVI have done. He is appointing leftists as bishops. Here’s Chicago’ new archbishop:

17. 2015 August 12 1:15 pm

Oh yeah, I am well aware of him…….disgusting…..and, as you say, the Apostate Francis is appointing others like him as bishops all over the country and world.

I understand your sorrow and disappointment, since most of the churches have been reduced to pc liturgy and banal homily. And soon we will have to endure his presence right here in Obamaland.

But the beauty and Truth still lives on in the writings of the church Drs and Magesterium. Please visit these two sites, you might find some inspiration to fight the Enemy there…..there will always be a remnant.

In fact The Remnant just put up an excellent presentation about Cupich et al. Let me know what you think if you can take time to go there. There is good stuff at both these sites.

These are tough times.

18. 2015 August 12 3:18 pm

Bruce,

These days I equate the two parties to the MLB. They are two divisions of the same game. They both vie for the world series title of who gets to sit in the oval orifice. Hits, runs and errors are tallied by consultants and pundits. The owners sit in the sky boxes begging for more money while the money guys are seeing who they can sell the stadium to for at 120% of replacement value. Its a rigged game and the plebes don’t even get to play on or off the field.

19. 2015 August 12 3:40 pm

20. 2015 August 12 3:43 pm

Prez Carter has cancer. Or is that ‘is a cancer?’

“Forgive me Lord….”

21. 2015 August 12 5:23 pm

Dr, 18 is a fair analogy, although I don’t think the R’s want to win until the permanent underclass is in place. One more election away. R’s live large in DC….at least the ones that play the game.

Dr, 20, yeah…….Satan keeps his players around a long time…..I’m tired of being told to pray for his minions. I pray for the ones they have led astray. I’ll grieve for Yimmy about as long as I did for Teddy.

22. 2015 August 12 5:30 pm

Let me say this about Kasich. He was my congress critter, and he was very good and conservative. When he ran for governor the first time, he spoke to us Tea Party types and sounded conservative and grounded.

BUT after he got in office, he moderated and expanded social services. He was good on taxes BUT not so much in reigning in government. When he ran for re-election, I could not vote for him. I voted for the 3rd party candidate (the 1st time in my life I did not vote for the Republican).

I will not vote for Kasich for President regardless who the democrats run. He has betrayed us conservatives in Ohio.

I can vote for Trump (even though I probably disagree with about 80% of positions), it would be a BIG FU to the establishment. I could probably vote for Carson (maybe Fiorina) anybody else I will be voting 3rd party, tired of GOP establishment types (don’t trust Cruz or Walker).

23. 2015 August 12 6:03 pm

gngang…..won’t vote for the Trumpster…..but glad the dynamic is there….I cannot trust him and he may even be an elitist plant for all I know. Here’s a bit of prrof of that:

I love Carson but the R’s and the Dems are already doing research to take him out, probably in the nasty fashion they reserve for black R’s (let this be a lesson to you, Uncle Ben, you are slaves, act like it)…..as they will anyone who might be a threat to their kingdom. My list I would vote for goes further than yours, add Cruz, Rubio and Walker…..but none will get the nomination so it really does not matter.

We do need a 3rd party….only way to truly get something started.

24. 2015 August 12 6:43 pm
    Wylie E. Coyote permalink

Politics: A total waste of time and effort

“This system will not be fixed. Period. This is Rome in 460 AD. The rulers, as in Rome, are liars, mad, or drunk (these days, drugged)… or all three.

The “fall of Rome,” of course, was far more complex than we learned in school, but through all the many years of its decline, Rome was full of well-meaning people trying to reform and save it. And by the way, among the people who tried the hardest to keep the Roman game going were the Goths. They tried hard to keep Rome operational… and they failed too.

Let me be clear on this: Once ruling hierarchies get beyond a certain point, they cannot be reformed. And I am sure that the modern West is beyond that point.

Do we really believe that central bankers will just lay down their monopolies?

Can we seriously expect a hundred trillion dollars of debt to be liquidated without any consequences?

Do we actually believe that politicians will walk away from their power and apologize for abusing us?

Do we really think that the corporations who own Congress will just give up the game that is enriching them?

Does anyone seriously believe that the NSA is going to say, “Gee, that Fourth Amendment really is kind of clear, and everything we do violates it… so, everyone here is fired and the last person out will please turn off the lights”?

And does anyone believe that the military-industrial complex will stop encouraging war, or that corporate media will stop worshiping the state, or that your local sheriff will apologize for training his cops to be vicious beasts?

Do we really believe that public school systems will ever stop lauding the state that pays all its bills?

I could go on, but I think my point is made: This system will never allow itself to be seriously reformed. Trying to fix this is like trying to revive a long-dead corpse.

The systems that rule the West will fail.”