Dear Snowflakes

2015 December 1
by drdog09

If you want the chaplain to tell you you’re a victim rather than tell you that you need virtue, this may not be the university you’re looking for. If you want to complain about a sermon that makes you feel less than loving for not showing love, this might be the wrong place.

If you’re more interested in playing the “hater” card than you are in confessing your own hate; if you want to arrogantly lecture, rather than humbly learn; if you don’t want to feel guilt in your soul when you are guilty of sin; if you want to be enabled rather than confronted, there are many universities across the land (in Missouri and elsewhere) that will give you exactly what you want, but Oklahoma Wesleyan isn’t one of them.

At OKWU, we teach you to be selfless rather than self-centered. We are more interested in you practicing personal forgiveness than political revenge. We want you to model interpersonal reconciliation rather than foment personal conflict. We believe the content of your character is more important than the color of your skin. We don’t believe that you have been victimized every time you feel guilty and we don’t issue “trigger warnings” before altar calls.

Oklahoma Wesleyan is not a “safe place”, but rather, a place to learn: to learn that life isn’t about you, but about others; that the bad feeling you have while listening to a sermon is called guilt; that the way to address it is to repent of everything that’s wrong with you rather than blame others for everything that’s wrong with them. This is a place where you will quickly learn that you need to grow up.

An excerpt from the blog post, President of Oklahoma Weselyen University. Read the whole thing here.

Dr. Piper, thank you. We Boomers screwed up one thing royally — we forgot to tough love our kids enough. Some of us have raised a generation of sniveling wimps.

[addendum]

Here is what the wimp was moaning about —

1 Corinthians 13

If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give away all I have, and if I deliver up my body to be burned, but have not love, I gain nothing.

Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

Love never ends. As for prophecies, they will pass away; as for tongues, they will cease; as for knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when the perfect comes, the partial will pass away. When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I gave up childish ways. For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I have been fully known.

So now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

One of the most selfless passages in the bible since Sermon on the Mount.

1. 2015 December 1 8:34 am

Our friends to the North have been drinking too much ale — https://westernrifleshooters.wordpress.com/2015/11/30/nice-work-if-you-can-get-it/

2. 2015 December 1 8:42 am

3. 2015 December 1 9:02 am

WalMart Stockers beware, $15/hr x 0hrs = your future.

4. 2015 December 1 10:43 am

But of course it does Jeff, Ryan and McConnell and just about everyone else you see every day at work are not on your team.

5. 2015 December 1 11:25 am

TLS: 90-61/9-6
    Justrand: 90-61/7-8
    Fight On: 82-69/8-7
    RJH: 78-73/9-6
    drdog09: 68-83/8-7

6. 2015 December 1 11:30 am

JR told me to give him the home teams. It wasn’t a good week for home teams.

I will have this week’s picks to you shortly.

7. 2015 December 1 11:46 am

“There’s a possibility JBoz and I could be settling this in a parking lot on the Western Michigan University campus, which is halfway between Chicago and Detroit, on Christmas Day.”

1) Will it be televised?
    2) Weapon of choice? Roman candles at 60′? Sword fight with salamis? Best 2 out of 3 insulting a liberal?

8. 2015 December 1 3:21 pm

Another university votes to die — http://pjmedia.com/instapundit/220268/

9. 2015 December 1 3:48 pm
    fight on permalink

10. 2015 December 1 5:22 pm

drdog09 #9

Yet Bill Ayers is a feted :vested scholar” at Minnesota State University Moorhead:

11. 2015 December 1 5:35 pm

Fight On @10 –

FNC stopped faking being conservative during the 2008 election. There are still millions of rubes who believe it is and that BORe is actually fighting for “the folks.”

12. 2015 December 1 7:17 pm
    fight on permalink

BC
    Yep ,I used to watch fox a fair amount, now hardly at all. Been watching one america instead. Much better and more informative.

BOR is an idiot about economics and a bully most of the time. Megyan lost me at the debates. I do like Gutfeld I don’t always agree but I find his takes interesting. The rest not so much although Andrea Tantaros is smoking hot.

13. 2015 December 1 7:53 pm
    JBoz permalink

BJGers – hello from the belly of the beast. I’m in DC this week, wining and dining my client. I sure hope the JV team holds off conducting any extracurricular activity here until at least tomorrow evening when I’m out of here.

Oh, BC – regarding our current tie at the top of the College Football extravaganza, maybe you and I should just divide up our collective overage and redistribute it to the poor souls who through no fault of their own have fewer points than you and I have. It’s simply unfair that you and I have exploited our prognostication skills and perpetrated this micro-aggression upon the others. I do so worry about their self-esteem, and I weep for them. In order to make this right, I would like to recommend that we call it an 8 way tie…and then we can all get lovely participation trophies.

14. 2015 December 1 9:16 pm

JBoz –

If you see any Democratic or RINO members of Congress, give them the finger for all of us.

The best thing about BJG football trophies – you never have to worry about them collecting dust. It will fit nicely on the imaginary shelf over your fireplace.

15. 2015 December 1 9:55 pm

14,15,

I earned my Tidy Bowl position fair and square. I will defend to the death my rights to it!

#TidyBowlPositionsMatter!

16. 2015 December 1 10:52 pm

A nation that buys this many guns in a week is not going deer hunting — http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2015/12/01/black-friday-breaks-record-185k-gun-background-checks/76624604/ — They have different game in mind. Mostly of a two legged kind.

17. 2015 December 2 7:18 am

JBoz: “Oh, BC – regarding our current tie at the top of the College Football extravaganza, maybe you and I should just divide up our collective overage and redistribute it to the poor souls who through no fault of their own have fewer points than you and I have. It’s simply unfair that you and I have exploited our prognostication skills and perpetrated this micro-aggression upon the others. “

Yay for JBoz. I proudly accept my Participation Trophy on behalf of slackers everywhere!!

18. 2015 December 2 7:24 am

“A nation that buys this many guns in a week is not going deer hunting ”

Cement simians and barrio gang bangers.

19. 2015 December 2 7:44 am

JR –

You will have no problem keeping your participation trophy clean and dust-free. You might wish to start building an imaginary trophy case for all your BJG sports trophies.

20. 2015 December 2 7:51 am

I won the first imaginary BJG football pickets trophy and the glory never fades. I have it proudly displayed in the muck and slime of the backwater tidal pool.

Dust free, I might add.