Where’s the M-O-N-E-Y, honey?

2016 January 31
by drdog09

Rob Monk is one of Clinton’s campaign staffers in charge of overall operations.

While Mook stokes fear over an apparently inevitable Trump presidency, he’s also panicking over a surging Bernie Sanders.

Late last night, Bernie Sanders’ campaign announced they’d raised $1.4 million from 50,000 donations in a single day. The day before, they announced that the Reddit community had contributed more than $1 million to his campaign.

There’s no denying this: His supporters are stepping up. They see a chance to win in Iowa and they’re willing to go all in for their guy.

“We can’t let Bernie Sanders’ supporters out-match us,” Mook concludes. “It’s not just about the nomination. It’s about what comes next.”

It’s just the latest email in which the campaign is hyperventilating about short funds and rival candidates.

In another earlier this month, Mook said he was “worried” and “annoyed.”

News just broke that Bernie Sanders is outspending us on TV in Iowa and New Hampshire by hundreds of thousands of dollars.

I’m worried, because last-minute ads could cost us this election. And I’m annoyed — because once again, they’re counting on this team staying on the sidelines. …

They’ve got more donors than we do, more contributions than we have, and if they keep up this pace on TV, they’ll be able to get their message out to more people than we can.

The latest poll from Iowa shows Clinton and Sanders are neck-and-neck.

Source

Most assuredly much of this angst is meat for the Clinton base. Keep the pot boiling and the troops stirred up. But I find it intriguing that the focus is on money. You would expect it to be on planks or positions to differentiate ThunderThighs™ from the Bern positions. The reason I bring that up is because the word was HRC was flush with cash, deniro to burn and then some. Nor is it like she has had opposition that would ramp up cash flow problems till late like the GOPers are facing. So what gives? Does she have the money or not is my first query.

Now surely she does not want to burn it all up during the primary run that is understandable. But my other question might be is she having to commit Clinton Cash to some other endeavor, like say a legal defense?? If that is the case anyone looked into any unlawful commingling going on from the Clinton Foundation and the Clinton Campaign?

Where’s the money? Where is it going?

1. 2016 January 31 6:47 am

The cayman islands.

2. 2016 January 31 7:23 am

drdog: “Most assuredly much of this angst is meat for the Clinton base. Keep the pot boiling and the troops stirred up.”

Clinton base?? …. troops??

There really isn’t a Clinton “base”…and no “troops”. What she has are mercenaries, and “any (D) will do” people. With the Clintons it’s all and always about money…and intimidation. Including money FOR intimidation.

So Hillary is burning up a lot of cash…and, as ya’ll noted…either busy laundering some to the Cayman Islands, or stashing it to avoid jail (bribes, etc.)

3. 2016 January 31 8:01 am

Hilary Clinton’s base is the Democratic Party establishment but I don’t think her troop level is very large. In Iowa she (and her husband) have been speaking to half-filled hotel meeting rooms.

4. 2016 January 31 8:08 am

Charity watchdog reportedly placed Wounded Warrior Project on watch list:

Wounded Warrior Project is NOT among Donald Trump’s veterans charities.

5. 2016 January 31 8:21 am

“Objection, Your Honor, assumes facts not in evidence! [I learned that watching ‘Perry Mason’]”

Damn. He must have slept in a holiday inn last night. 🙂

6. 2016 January 31 8:23 am

As far as I know, Trump did not specify where the donations would go.

7. 2016 January 31 8:27 am

All kidding aside, the Clintons ought to be audited. Over a year ago you read these kind of articles — https://duckduckgo.com/?t=lm&q=clinton+campaign+coffers Now they are crying how poor they are yet again. Wish I had a $8m book deal.

8. 2016 January 31 8:55 am

They always say that the first rule of trapping is using the proper bait —

9. 2016 January 31 9:00 am

drdog, if you wanna catch Clintons with that trap in #8, just put a wad of cash on there!!

10. 2016 January 31 9:16 am

LOL! Right you are!

11. 2016 January 31 9:16 am

……….?..just put a wad of cash on there!!

Or an intern.

12. 2016 January 31 9:18 am

13. 2016 January 31 10:10 am

New HRC campaign logo:

14. 2016 January 31 11:03 am

drdog09 #6 –

As far as I know, Trump did not specify where the donations would go.

He has. I saw the list yesterday and Wounded Warriors Project was not on it. In fact, I saw a photo op of him presenting a giant check for $100,000 to an organization that trains dogs to be companions for disabled vets. puppyjakefoundation.org, which is headquartered in Des Moines.

15. 2016 January 31 11:06 am
    fight on permalink

16. 2016 January 31 11:27 am

fight on #15

Considering Murdoch and Ailes are 100% for amnesty and Little Marco had a good debate, that makes sense.

17. 2016 January 31 11:32 am

Good to know.

18. 2016 January 31 12:42 pm

Given the pull Trump has with blue collar democrats and the fact there are a lot of Democrats who are not happy with the Clintons (thus why Bernie has so much support), this could be a real bad election for Democrats if Hillary is the nominee.

Saw an article yesterday where Peter Schiff is expecting negative rates and a recession prior to the 2016 election. In fact, Schiff believes we are already in one. Bad economic numbers do not set well with the party in the White House.

But I don’t expect to see elections in 2016. Given the economic melt down going on, the fact Hillary wont be indicted (thus no Rule of Law – one for the ruling class and one for the rest of the little people), more bad trade deals costing more jobs, more immigrants (legal/illegal)… Things are setting up for BAD.

19. 2016 January 31 12:47 pm

Veterans Groups receiving contributions from Trump:

20. 2016 January 31 12:58 pm

GN #19 –

What I am hoping is that Trump will cause the reorganization of American politics so that the middle class will once again have representation. Let’s fact it – rich businessmen (Chamber of Commerce types) who want amnesty, open borders and increased H-1B visas are as great a threat to this country as liberal Democrats.

Liberal Democrats want to destroy the US as we know it because of their political philosophy. The GOP donor class wants to destroy the US out of greed. Who is more principled?

I’ll have a thread on this tomorrow.

21. 2016 January 31 1:19 pm

bc3b – I agree with you BUT I don’t see any time remaining. I honestly believe that millions here in America are going to die because of what is coming economically.

22. 2016 January 31 1:29 pm

Trump is, in essence, the third party some have called for. He is certainly taking different positions than the dems or the GOPe.

23. 2016 January 31 1:33 pm

Dems and GOPe = globalists, one worlders

Trump = nationalist

24. 2016 January 31 1:33 pm

First principles:

* If you can’t garden/farm, you can’t eat.
    * If you can’t shoot, you can’t defend what you grow.
    * If you can’t provide a product in demand, you won’t have anything to trade with.

Paper shuffling occupations will disappear.

25. 2016 January 31 3:09 pm

As far as I know, Trump did not specify where the donations would go.

Yes he has, and two have already received checks.

26. 2016 January 31 3:11 pm

“Boy FNC is all Marco all the time today. I guess Ailes and Murdoch are all in for little Marco amnesty.”

If you think it’s bad now, just wait till after monday night, it will be as if nobody else is in the race.

27. 2016 January 31 3:17 pm

23/24: mulletover – yup

Oops just saw my #26 was already posted.
    As for WWP – haven’t we discussed their overhead issues here before, like years ago? Ahead of our time here.

28. 2016 January 31 3:30 pm

Look what I found that is not being reported.

What the average person will do when push comes to shove. Can say that it aint pretty.

29. 2016 January 31 3:30 pm

drdog: “GN, the magic number death toll — 45m. If you consider that is how many are on EBT they are ripe for the compost heaps.”

Twice that, IMHO. I’ve read several “SHTF books” that make a good case for the mayhem shutting down the current system of JIT replacement of goods. We here in the mountains routinely stockpile food for, at least, 2-3 weeks simply because it is such a long way to replenish it. Most, like us, store lots more…and we’re not even really “preppers”. But most city-folk I know, including most of my family, only have enough food on hand for a few days…maybe a week or two if they stretch it. They count on the stores being close by. But the stores are only storing, at most, a couple DAYS of food…relying on JIT replacement. Almost EVERY supermarket these days has expanded their sales area into what used to be their warehouse.

Even if tons of food still exist outside the cities, once the transport system is clogged…or collapses…that food won’t be able to get into the cities. EBT user or not, the cities will begin to starve, after the looting/murder cycle.

30. 2016 January 31 3:35 pm

way OT and probably of interest to only one or two of you:

FTDI-gate2.0 – Sure they stopped bricking chips, but instead the new driver now justs sends random garbage data, I mean what could go wrong with that? 🙄

31. 2016 January 31 3:39 pm

gnqanq, Vigilante Justice is starting in Europe…and will wind up here as well.

People in Europe are finding out that their government doesn’t give a damn about them and/or is powerless (or unwilling) to confront the invaders. It is up to them.

As I’ve noted a billion times…towns hired Sheriffs NOT to protect themselves from the “bad guys”, but to stop the townspeople from killing the “bad guys” without at least some due process. It allowed the townspeople to feel more “civilized” when they didn’t have to keep hanging people themselves. But if you can’t depend on your government to deliver justice…

This is NOT what I want to happen…and still pray it can be averted. I deeply fear it cannot.

32. 2016 January 31 3:51 pm

30 – Correct, while the industry has built out a ton of dry goods distribution space in recent years, including diversifying where that square footage is, none of it matters if a) you can’t get the product from the distro point to the stores due to fuel or travel issues (which equally applies to the chain to get items to storage\distro points in first place), and b) nobody can afford you’re adjusted pricing.

Some now dated data but maps are still illustrative.
    These also make decent targets for those wanting to cause some havok – or for a group looking to gain an advantage (at least for awhile) early on during a ….’realignment’ event, i imagine the security of these facilities to the extent there is much would not be difficult for a dozen or so determined individuals to overcome.

33. 2016 January 31 3:51 pm

The FTDI has been a known problem on RasPi clones for some time now. Even some of the Ardrunio clones are having this problem.

34. 2016 January 31 3:55 pm

30,33,

Once the word gets out to the truckers the distro points will be sans the trucks that make them go. The port of Calias in France are having some of that problem now as truckers are starting to refuse to go there due to roving bands of muslims terrorizing the trucks and trying to break into them.

35. 2016 January 31 4:30 pm

JR – one point I would like to expand on about grocery stores and product. I have noticed (wife & best friend as well) that there is not as much product on the shelf as before. I have noticed that instead of the product being 5 or 6 deep on the shelf, it is maybe 3 or 4 deep. Have noticed that at times the shelves are bare more frequently and sooner. Yes they stock at night BUT it seems odd to see large bare spots.

Thus when things do go south, stores will empty sooner than expected. One point I try to raise with people is that according to FEMA/Homeland Security, people should have 2 weeks to a month of supplies on hand.

Side note. Wife & daughter went to the Ohio Theater (old 1920’s theater that was renovated years ago – beautiful place) to see a musical. Wife told me that prior to the show an announcement was made to the people to “please note where the fire exits are”. Wife said it was the first time she can recall that such an announcement was made, wondered why.

36. 2016 January 31 4:55 pm

gn –

I have noticed the same thing in Michigan – stores are not carrying as much product.

37. 2016 January 31 5:07 pm

When things get sporty, this comes into play….

“[y]ou only have power over people as long as you don’t take everything away from them. But when you’ve robbed a man of everything, he’s no longer in your power–he’s free again.”
    — Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

As to thinner shelves, Yep I see that in DFW too. Especially in the meat aisle. If China collapses first, the supply chain will grind to a halt. Heck WallyWorld would have to close their doors.

38. 2016 January 31 5:49 pm

39. 2016 January 31 5:55 pm

Dems and GOPe = globalists, one worlders

Trump = nationalist

mullett

Trump = nationalist–socialized med socialist.

40. 2016 January 31 6:01 pm

BEAST

merkle

41. 2016 January 31 6:05 pm

36 – I’ve noticed that at wallyworld near me, and they don’t just restock at night anymore (though yes more at late night, which actually is when I tend to shop), but all day long because exactly what you say, catch the store at the wrong hour and you’d think a snow storm was on the way. I even asked once when I went there at 4pm on random Tuesday few weeks ago, the bread isle was nearly all wiped out, I asked the guy, hey is there more in the back? Nah he said, not till tomorrow, we didn’t get our delivery today. Granted there was plenty of fresh bread (made on site) in the deli area, but still I was like damn one missed shipment which I assume they get every day or every other day and poof.

I try to keep 30+days, I’ve even semi-tested that on occasion (just to help clean out old canned stocks), it’s not all ‘happy’ food by week’s 3 and 4 and 5 but it’ll work, and more importantly is easily cooked\warmed and doesnt require refrigeration. My problem will be water after about 15-20 days after it gets cut off, just don’t have the room unless there is rain.

42. 2016 January 31 6:09 pm

39 – No that I put much into bing’s predictions, though some have been right, but does it really predict Hillary winning NH?

43. 2016 January 31 6:14 pm

My problem will be water after about 15-20 days after it gets cut off, just don’t have the room unless there is rain.”~~niteraptor

A large used propane tank would be good for storage if you have room in the backyard.

44. 2016 January 31 6:17 pm

post 29

Germany needs to import more russkies.

45. 2016 January 31 6:25 pm

Or an IBC if the space is available.

Once the lights go out, you clean the tub well then fill it. There will still be pressure for a while in the system, but not for long. (That is std Fla emergency procedure for hurricanes.)

46. 2016 January 31 6:25 pm

Bing had Hill losing NH, but winning the other three.

They had Trump winning all four.

47. 2016 January 31 6:33 pm

It would seem reasonable after SC results the GOP should really tell anybody not in the double digits on at least 2 of 4 to hang it up. Resume building is not the purpose here.

48. 2016 January 31 6:34 pm

I’m on well water, but being only about 12 feet above sea level, it’s pretty foul. We are dependent on filtration, salt, and in the case of drinking, a reverse osmosis system. With all that, the water is great. The RO system tests better than Deer Park. Hope the power stays on. A generator may be in our future.

49. 2016 January 31 6:34 pm

KH – I have seen information that canned goods are good for 20 to 30 years. Personally I have had various canned items 5 years past their “Best Buy” date.

As long as the can has not been compromised, it should be good. Just check to see if it looks good, smells good and tastes good (sample) prior to eating. They should be good.

In 1974, samples of canned food from the wreck, including brandied peaches, oysters, plum tomatoes, honey, and mixed vegetable, were tested by the National Food Processors Association. Although their appearance, smell and vitamin content had deteriorated, there was no trace of microbial growth and the food was determined to be still safe to eat.[6]

I have read accounts of food (canned items) retrieved from artic expeditions that were still good 50 years after the expedition.

Canned items will last much longer than “Best Buy” date.

50. 2016 January 31 6:43 pm

44 – I have a big plastic drum it’s 40 or so gallons, I keep in the garage and empty, clean, and refill couple times a year that I could use to catch runoff from the roof drains, that’s why I mention needing the rain. I have no idea if it meets “food grade” classification though so for all I know I’ll be poisoning myself – good times. I technically have some room for 2 more, just haven’t got around to buying them, the one I have I got for free years ago which was in a dumpster at work, and had previously contained cleaning agent type solution. I could in theory put some more outside in bkyd, but I think my hoa would get annoyed if I had more than one, plus the sun is a mother’fer on even heavy plastic after a while.

Been looking to do a setup similar to this:

51. 2016 January 31 6:44 pm

Gnqanq, regarding safety of stored food: “sample prior to eating”

Or, if you know a Democrat…

52. 2016 January 31 6:47 pm

We live near a very lively stream (which we can hear from our cabin)…but I would need to purify if that was my main source of water. Still, it would be doable.

And then I need to learn to butcher deer…

53. 2016 January 31 6:55 pm

Regarding all these food and water issues, one thing everyone needs is common household bleach.

And ammo, of course.

54. 2016 January 31 6:57 pm

mullet – use sand and gravel to filter the water. Then use some Pool Shock. Pool Shock (1 pound package can treat 10,000 gallons). A teaspoon (if I recall correctly) will create the equivalent of 1 gallon of chlorine. Pool shock has no expiration date.

KH – I would put a tarp or plastic down on your roof to help collect the water. Fear I would have is bleaching from tiles/shingles of chemicals into the water.

55. 2016 January 31 7:30 pm

50 – As for the canned goods I try to make sure nothing is > 2-3 years *past* it’s expiration\best-used date, if it is then I just try to use it, cause like you mentioned I’ve seen the studies that show in vast majority of cases there usually isn’t a problem. I will say that I’m shocked at how well some Chef Boyardee meat-ravioli lasts years past it’s dates without losing much taste at all, yeah I know, everyone thinks it tastes like crap to begin with, not me, I’ve always liked it (not that I wouldn’t prefer a different meal).

56. 2016 January 31 7:38 pm

55 – If it comes to that it’s good advice, thanks, can’t actually set that up till shtf though, but I could acquire an extra tarp for that specific purpose.

57. 2016 January 31 8:25 pm

I have eaten C rats from ww-2 that were still good 15 years after.

green pack lucky strikes as well.

58. 2016 January 31 8:30 pm

Have some Balut with your C Rations.

59. 2016 January 31 8:31 pm

Don’t forget the tobasco.

60. 2016 January 31 8:35 pm

Balut is good roughage. (Beaks, claws, etc)

61. 2016 January 31 9:17 pm

Boyardee is pretty good. Liked it as a kid myself. My favorite off the shelf canned item is corn beef hash. Its just so versatile as a food item.

62. 2016 January 31 9:27 pm

I don’t care if you are chef boyardee, get your balls out of my Spaghetti .