Would A ‘Constitutional Conservative’
Accept A Rigged Election That Excludes The Voters?

2016 April 11
by drdog09

I Guess so….

Calling the Colorado Republican Party’s decision not to hold a primary popular vote a scandal, talk-radio host Michael Savage declared Sen. Ted Cruz should disavow the move and call for a vote.

“What just happened in Colorado should, frankly, disqualify Cruz, who claims to be a constitutional conservative,” Savage told his listeners Monday.

Savage is a strong supporter of GOP front-runner Donald Trump, who has been a regular guest on “The Savage Nation.”

Savage said Trump has been “pushed aside by the ‘Republicrat and Demican’ party, which I have told you about since 1994.”

“I told you we don’t have a democracy. It’s how I rose to fame in the radio business. … I position, as I have been all my life, as a total cynic,” he said.

“This is a corrupt, rotten system. It’s a one-party system. It’s demagoguery. There is no two-party system. They are the ones who selected Obama. They are the ones who are selecting Hillary. Make no mistake about it.”

Source

Savage is not exactly my cup of tea but he’s calling this straight.

1. 2016 April 12 6:12 am

indeed, drdog, ARROGANCE is the issue.

the Colorado GOP is whining: “But, but, we did it this way before!”

NOPE. They at least had a “Non-Binding Straw Poll” before they did it. That way the selection would (theoretically) take into account the “Will of the People”. This year they flipped off the peasants…and just gave 100% to Cruz.

And they ONLY gave 100% to Cruz to block Trump. The GOPe has no intention of allowing Cruz as the nominee either.

2. 2016 April 12 6:29 am

As I have said numerous times, a year ago I thought I would be Ted Cruz’s biggest fan. Then he started to unravel, First I discovered Cruz wanted to double legal immigration with the biggest increases going to Mexico, India and China and increase H-1Bs by 500%. Then there was bis leadership in pushing for ObamaTrade (until he discovered Mitch McConnell lied to him). Then came the Corker bill … then the sleazy campaign practices.

3. 2016 April 12 6:32 am
    fight on permalink

As Laura Ingram says”shut up and sing”

Bc I even went further than you about Cruz, I voted for him in the TX primary, but do I regret that vote now.

4. 2016 April 12 7:55 am

True. What the Pols have, by choice forgotten, is that most Americans belief in the political system is still ‘One Man, One Vote’ and you don’t change it till all the votes are in. They are going to learn a lesson (I hope) when Hillary does a 50 state sweep of the US.

I am now torn between voting Trump as a write-in or voting straight Dim ticket in disgust. Just have not decided my final choice.

5. 2016 April 12 8:31 am

I have never seen/heard/read about anything like what the combined RNC/DNC/media cabal is doing to Trump. Never.

And the RNC really seems convinced that they can use Cruz to deny Trump…then dump Cruz and install Paul Ryan (or even Jeb Bush).

The GOP is indeed headed for a beating of historic proportions…which will only embolden Hillary and her diseased ilk to hasten the demise of this country.

Buckle up.

6. 2016 April 12 9:01 am

5 and 6….the GOP will be thrilled with a 50 state sweep by the Dems. That’s the result they are hoping for.

dog….much better to write in Trump….

7. 2016 April 12 9:13 am

A Trump – Cruz alliance with Ted Cruz as VP

This probably makes way too much sense to ever happen, but consider…….

A ticket on the first ballot, no contested convention.
    No disaffected republican voters staying home.
    Trump can carry PA and other northeastern states, Cruz cannot.
    Two outsiders, establishment muted to a degree.
    Priebus would have to turn the party apparatus over to the Trump/Cruz campaign.
    They could start spending against Hill immediately, not each other, a full five months early.

There would be peace in the valley

8. 2016 April 12 10:26 am

JR –

As I said yesterday, the elite aren’t contributing to the “stop Trump” campaign because of love of country but rather because they want to maintain power and wealth and keep then great unwashed masses in their place.

9. 2016 April 12 11:25 am

The GOPe has no intention of allowing Cruz as the nominee either.
    —–

Actually I think their fallback plan is to ‘lose with Cruz’, they might prefer something else initially but, they don’t really seem to have a problem losing with someone out there claiming the farce of captain conservative, that’s like a two for one loss they’ll gladly take.

10. 2016 April 12 11:39 am

re: #1 – The response was actually a fair one I thought, even if the process he’s responding too was dubious.

11. 2016 April 12 11:49 am

No surprise Cruz does worse, and no surprise that Trump supporters much more likely to sit out. Interest that 6% vs 2% of Cruz supporters willing to vote for Hillary, small figures, maybe just statistical noise but still struck me as odd.

Cruz continues to make friends…/s Dumb ass, you don’t go to war with Drudge, and you damn well know better, good luck with that jackass. I’d say the same to Trump if he was saying the same, which lets face it, could still happen at some point.

12. 2016 April 12 12:15 pm

Most of the polls in forthcoming races in the east show Cruz finishing third behind Trump and Kasich. Let’s see how the media, talk radio hosts and Cruzbots spin this.

13. 2016 April 12 12:36 pm

What’s that turn of phrase? “Don’t fool with a man who orders T3 lines in pairs.”

14. 2016 April 12 1:51 pm

14 – haha paper by the truckload, for drudge it’s more like fiber by 100g pairs.

15. 2016 April 13 3:33 am

GOP — http://freenorthcarolina.blogspot.com/2016/04/north-carolina-delegate-disaster.html — Better a King in Hell, than a Servant in Heaven.