The End of the “Experiment”

2016 October 14
by justrand
We are living in the end of the greatest “experiment” in the history of mankind. The experiment of “Government of the people, by the people, and for the people”. It will NEVER be repeated.

I have many friends and family who would disagree with my two assertions above: that we are living in the END of that “experiment”, and that it will NEVER be repeated.

I love them…but they are WRONG.

Pick your expletive, and Donald Trump IS indeed that. BUT, his “crimes” are of a personal nature, and any financial misdeeds were of a business nature. All granted.

bigbrother2Hillary Clintons crimes include personal ones, and business ones…but ALSO include ACTUAL CRIMES against the United States. Abuse of power, reckless disregard for our nation’s secrets, and providing access (at least) to the highest levels of our government in exchange for hundreds of millions of dollars funneled (read: “laundered”) into the Clinton “Foundation”.

And yet the Justice Department and FBI were subverted in broad daylight to make it all go away. The Wikileaks releases confirm what was already obvious. And they confirm that the media in this country has morphed into the Ministry of Truth.

After the 1st, 2nd, 4th and 5th Amendments are watered down to nothing the last guarantees of Freedom will have been washed away with them.

As to why there will be no “pendulum” swinging back the other way to restore our Freedoms, the answer is COMPUTERS.

Throughout history even the most corrupt and oppressive regimes either fell, or would have fallen, because of human fatigue. Sooner or later the “watchers” get tired, and sooner or later the laws get relaxed because people are tired of enforcing them. Computers NEVER get tired. Once rules are set for them to watch behavior, and enforce laws, they will do so…and one set of rules will be to ensure NO opposition to their enforcement is permitted. And when a computer tells a human somewhere to enforce a violation, that human will have NO way to check for their own self the nature of the violation…or dispute the order to enforce the law.

Those figuring that four more years of “Fundamental Transformation” of America under a Hillary Regime will be swept aside by the “pendulum swinging back” are delusional.

The ONLY reason, but its a big one, that I am supporting Trump is that there is a CHANCE, however small, that we can at least slow down the “Fundamental Transformation” of America…I’m voting for that chance.
  1. 2016 October 14 8:47 am
    fight on permalink

I posted this at the end of the last thread, it fits better here.

Dennis Prager on yesterdays show made the comment ” it is difficult to sit by and watch your country commit suicide” Very true

2. 2016 October 14 8:52 am

Expand on the computer aspect, soon robotics will be cheap enough that everyone can have one. The question then is if a robot kills another human being is the owner the one charged with crime? You better hope that is the case, otherwise it is open season legally on anyone, anywhere.

3. 2016 October 14 8:53 am

fight on –

Very true, but it goes beyond our country, but western civilization. Why would any country want millions of uneducated, unskilled people who will be a long-term drain and don’t want to assimilate? Answer: political correctness.

4. 2016 October 14 9:22 am

An Unaware and compliant body politic — http://www.captainsjournal.com/2016/10/13/we-conspire-to-produce-an-unaware-and-compliant-citizenry/ — From the WikiLeaks stash.

5. 2016 October 14 9:30 am

Excellent observation…

6. 2016 October 14 9:31 am

political correctness is THE “Trojan Horse” that is already within the “gates” of America.

I have so many family and friends who say shit like: “Well…SOME speech should be illegal. You know, HURTFUL or HATEFUL speech.” [or the like]

When pushed, even slightly, for a definition of “Hurtful or Hateful Speech”, they throw out using the “N-word”, or calling someone a pejorative title (“Queer”, “Wetback”, etc).

I then ask them: “WHO will determine which terms/titles are to forbidden…and even illegal? And what PROCESS will be put in place to allow We the People to weigh in?

some sputter a few nonsensical ideas…but with most it is either [crickets] or they rage back at me: “You must WANT those hateful/hurtful terms to be used!!” And they are done talking.

The answer to my two questions (WHO will determine which terms/titles are to forbidden…and even illegal? And what PROCESS will be put in place to allow We the People to weigh in?) are:
    – the GOVERNMENT, pushed by Progressive groups
    – NO PROCESS for We the People to weigh in

And the list will grow to include any and EVERY term that disagrees with ANY aspect of the Progressive agenda.

1984, baybeeee

7. 2016 October 14 10:16 am

Wikileaks: Clinton Campaign was planning fake Trump sex job ads on Craiglist:

8. 2016 October 14 11:01 am

Drdog, the comments in that link #7 WOULD HAVE BEEN startling just a year ago. Now I see the like most everywhere.

Millions of people just like us are FED UP…and though we will never INITIATE violence…”if they mean to have a war…”

9. 2016 October 14 1:18 pm
    Eph permalink

Foxnews @ Billiary +8

KH to provide follow up shorty… LOL

10. 2016 October 14 2:12 pm

JR – #6 –

Political correctness is the greatest danger we face because it facilitates so many other dangers: illegal immigration, Islamic radicalism, acceptance of black crime, etc.

11. 2016 October 14 3:08 pm
    JBoz permalink

Thought I would share a recap of a conversation I had today with the union guy who was servicing my furnace:

Small talk up to this point, then…
    Union Guy – Almost time to vote. (yep, he brought it up out of the blue – like he was feeling me out on the subject)
    JBoz – Yep. So, you are a union guy, do you usually vote the way you want to, or the way the union wants you to.
    UG – To be honest, I’ve never voted before. But for the first time in my life, I registered to vote.
    JB – Wow, what made you decide to vote this time.
    UG – (seemed hesitant) I don’t know…and I might not even vote…seems like there are no good options.
    JB – I hear you…always hard to know which politician to trust.
    UG – Well, only one of them is a politician…the other one is a businessman.
    (at this point, I think he’s delicately trying to signal that he’s pro-Trump, but he still doesn’t know where I stand, so he’s being careful)
    JB – I know, it’s crazy. And I think the polls are way off…
    UG – That’s cause lots of Trump supporters are keeping their mouths shut cause it’s not politically correct to say your like Trump.
    JB – What about Hillary supporters?
    UG – I don’t know – I guess if you like having your insurance costs going up under Obamacare, you like Hillary. That’s what Trump needs to be talking about more – Obamacare.
    JB – True, people are pretty upset about their healthcare getting messed with.
    UG – Well, I like some of what he has to say…but I don’t agree with everything he says.
    JB – I know.
    UG – I really like his VP.
    JB – I do too.
    UG – And Hillary is a freaking liar.
    JB – (laughs) Well, I know who I’m voting for.
    UG – (laughs) And I know who I’m definitely not voting for.

Then we started talking about the Cubs. The above is almost verbatim. Clearly Trump supporter, who is angered enough to register for the very first time, yet is still reluctant to openly say that he supports Trump. He and I had this exchange without either of us actually saying “I’m for Trump.” This was a random interaction, but it reinforces what I have felt for a long time. The more over-the-top the media goes in their anti-Trump tactics, the more people will go stealth.

Personally, I am far less likely to discuss my politics publicly, answer a poll, put up a Trump sign in my front yard, etc. than any other Republican candidate ever before (just not worth the crap), but I am more inspired to vote for Trump than any candidate at any time, including Reagan. Funny how that works. My union HVAC guy today is exactly the same. I firmly believe there are millions more who are flying under the radar.

12. 2016 October 14 3:40 pm
    fight on permalink

Eph 311 I saw that and posted some of the internals last night. Went from D+1 to D=+8 in one week.

Fair and balanced fox poll

13. 2016 October 14 3:43 pm

JB, 13,

You do realize that Russians used to talk like this during Soviet times? Like BC said PC is the most corrosive element in a nominally free society.

14. 2016 October 14 4:07 pm

JBoz, I echo drdog’s response to your comment.

I truly believe that MILLIONS of Trump voters are refusing, due to intimidation or whatever, to declare support for Trump.

I’ve recounted that in the runup to the 2008 election the people at Cisco would walk into a conference room and say: “Fuck McCain”…and then everyone would either laugh and join in…or sit quietly. I needed the job…so I sat quietly.

They would then LOUDLY opine versions of: “If you’re NOT voting for Obama you are a RACIST!” This went on day after day. I and others pushed back enough on that line of bullshit that it eventually died down in my area.

In 2012 it was only slightly better…slightly.

This year to openly proclaim you are voting for Trump, even if only to prevent Hillary, would be to leave yourself open to derision and possible revenge.

There are a lot of silent Trump voters…I pray there are enough.

15. 2016 October 14 4:14 pm

JR – for you, please pass on family & friends who did not agree with you (#6).

Saw this on Zero Hedge this morning. Part of “you can not make this stuff up.”

But while that same media decried Trump’s comments, it was none other than President Obama that appeared to demand press freedom be restricted. As AFP reports, Obama on Thursday decried America’s “wild, wild west” media environment for allowing conspiracy theorists a broad platform and destroying a common basis for debate.

President Barack Obama on Thursday decried America’s “wild, wild west” media environment for allowing conspiracy theorists a broad platform and destroying a common basis for debate.

Recalling past days when three television channels delivered fact-based news that most people trusted, Obama said democracy require citizens to be able to sift through lies and distortions.

“We are going to have to rebuild within this wild-wild-west-of-information flow some sort of curating function that people agree to,” Obama said at an innovation conference in Pittsburgh.
    Also on Zero Hedge I saw this too.

What I find most surprising today is that the insiders and the elite have no idea what is percolating just beneath the surface.  Okay, maybe their arrogance actually produces its own fog, so it should not come as a surprise that they are blinded. They do not look at the calendar, which, if one really looks, says “1788” on it.  Something is close.  Very close.  Society is near the breaking point.

My own experience is that Hillary’s so-called Deplorables are actually the most reserved, most polite, and most honest demographic in the country. They are more informed, more self-reliant, and among other things, better armed.  Regarding their arms, they are incredibly responsible, and not the source of the violence for which the implement, and not the person, is too often blamed.  The Deplorables have the longest fuse.  It is, however, a fuse.
    This whole thing is not going to end well. Prepare the best you can, it is coming

16. 2016 October 14 4:20 pm

11 – No follow up needed.

17. 2016 October 14 4:59 pm
    Eph permalink

KH,

Is the above poll d+1 or d+8???

18. 2016 October 14 5:25 pm

Over on Drudge – DEFCON 3

19. 2016 October 14 5:44 pm

Let’s hold off on WWIII until I get my AR15…please 🙂

P.s. I ordered it today

20. 2016 October 14 5:51 pm

19 – If it’s the fnc one from yesterday it’s d+9 😉

20 – Operation Wag the Dog has begun.

21. 2016 October 14 6:01 pm
    Eph permalink

KH

Yea, thats the one.

So with D+9 and a 4 way race it’s actually Hilliary +7

I’ll take those odds

22. 2016 October 14 6:03 pm

Dallas Stars honor slain police with decal on helmrts:

The NHL isn’t as PC as the NFL.

23. 2016 October 14 6:03 pm
    JBoz permalink

WW3 maybe…but really, we are teetering on the edges of so many cliffs.

At any moment:

Massive, spiraling, out of control race riots.
    Global financial collapse.
    An EMP strike
    The sudden activation of thousands of terrorist sleep cells.
    An attack on our fragile power grid, just as winter takes it’s grip.

All the while, our MSM is fixated on Trump’s utterances 12 years ago of words that you can hear nightly on the Comedy Channel, or at any AMC Theater.

I feel another big Costco run this weekend. And sold a bunch of stock a couple of weeks ago.

24. 2016 October 14 6:05 pm
    Eph permalink

JB

The only stocks I still own are gun stocks

SWHC, RGR

25. 2016 October 14 6:07 pm
    JBoz permalink

Speaking of sports, the NFL ratings slide is set to continue this weekend. The denials and excuses continue unabated. And I have no evidence of this, but I would bet good money that MLB Playoff ratings are healthy.

26. 2016 October 14 6:17 pm
    Eph permalink

The Dodgers-Nats game last night was awesome

27. 2016 October 14 6:17 pm
    Eph permalink

BC,

Did you get my picks?

28. 2016 October 14 6:19 pm
    Eph permalink

Rand,

Humor me…what does one have to go though to buy an AR15 in CA???

29. 2016 October 14 6:29 pm
    JBoz permalink

Eph – Cubs v Giants game 4 was incredible as well. The most amazing 9th inning I have ever witnessed. Dodgers vs Cubs NLCS will be a good series, and should have very high ratings. If the Cubs reach the WS, expect a ratings bonanza like baseball has never seen. Of course, add that to the list of excuses for why NFL ratings continue to plummet.

30. 2016 October 14 6:35 pm

Humor me…what does one have to go though to buy an AR15 in CA???

Cross the border and buy one in Nevada, perfectly legal.

31. 2016 October 14 6:37 pm

Eph –

Yes I did. The Mississippi State – BYU game is actually tonight. Everyone except Eph has BYU.

Switching between the Blue Jays-Indiana and the Black Hawks-Predators.

32. 2016 October 14 6:39 pm

JBoz #27 –

I understand NCAA football ratings are up.

33. 2016 October 14 6:54 pm

Why is it that Farmers commercials are great and the other auto insurance companies State Farm, Allstate, Progressive, GEICO and Liberty Mutual) commercials all are really bad?

34. 2016 October 14 7:17 pm

“They know a thing or two because they’ve seen a thing or two.”

35. 2016 October 14 7:17 pm

Eph & IP…ya gotta know somebody 🙂

36. 2016 October 14 7:45 pm
    Eph permalink

Rand,

Guv Moonbeam doesn’t care who you know

37. 2016 October 14 7:46 pm
    Eph permalink

32. IP.

We not have that problem in AZ

38. 2016 October 15 6:45 am

Eph, we have until Jan 1, 2017 to purchase an AR15 with detachable magazine…after that the new “laws” kick in.
    Including the ridiculous “law” requiring a background check every time you buy ammunition.

Naturally, criminals are exempt from these laws.

39. 2016 October 15 7:09 am
    JBoz permalink

I was having this “end of the experiment” conversation recently with a fellow conservative. The discussion moved past the assumption that we are rapidly devolving into some amalgam of communism, socialism, totalitarianism, statism…whatever this country ends up looking like, it won’t be freedom.

Anyway, we started talking about the fact that “the experiment” really worked…while not perfect, it created unprecedented prosperity, innovation, equality and justice the likes of which the world had never seen. With such a stunning model for societal greatness, surely some other country will copy it, and a new “golden age” will evolve somewhere.

But as we continued the discussion, we concluded that any small group of people with enough influence to make that happen, would surely already have some power…and if they had the power to usher in true freedom and democracy, the would also possess enough power to further exploit the masses and line their own pockets. Thus, it takes something divine inside a man to think beyond his own personal betterment. The founders of our nation were a very unique group of individuals, uncorrupted and incorruptible, and willing to sacrifice their lives and their wealth for freedom and the greater good of mankind. I’m not optimistic that the experiment can be repeated in our lifetime.

40. 2016 October 15 8:10 am

splendidly stated, JBoz.

the experiment most likely will NEVER be repeated.

our Founders COULD have installed themselves as KINGS! Washington as even offered that title.

Speaking of Washington…in the entire history of mankind (to that point, at least) he was the FIRST person to walk away from power at the height of it. Kings and Queens have abdicated, and other rulers have fled or resigned in the face of adversity…but Washington WALKED AWAY simply because it was the right thing to do.

now our Constitution requires a two-term limit…but if it didn’t you can bet Obama would try to go on ruling until he died or was deposed.

41. 2016 October 15 8:23 am

41 – You don’t want to hear it, but I mostly agree that’s where some of the loss has been.

42. 2016 October 15 8:34 am

38 – I was gonna say… in CA it’s probably via ‘private sale only’ on that type of weapon right?

43 – I was thinking the other day (and I didn’t do specific research on it ) trying to come up with signers of the DoI or Constitution that ended up much more wealthy at the time of there death after the formation of the nation than they were before it. I didn’t come up with any off hand, some did well enough, some did ok, some not at all, but were there a few I missed that got filthy rich?

I then thought – Well the nation\treasury didn’t have anything to steal really at the time, or for quite a while to come so the temptation and ease really wasn’t there.

43. 2016 October 15 10:20 am

It is a short drive to reno to buy all the guns and ammo you want legally from a dealer, without any permission from kalifornicate.

(long guns not pistols)