How Can/Could Atlas Shrug In Our Current Age?

2016 November 27
by justrand

atlas2When Ayn Rand wrote ‘Atlas Shrugged’ in 1957 there was no “Grid” to drop off of, no concept of “electronic money”, and the tentacles of the Federal government that seemed so oppressive then, were nothing compared to what they are now.   In fact, the number of government agencies and sub-agencies has grown several THOUSAND percent since 1957…and there may only be an end in sight if Trump is inaugurated in January, 2017.

But supposing he ISN’T inaugurated…suppose the election is indeed stolen in broad daylight by the Democrat/media/Progressive cabal??  VERY rich and VERY powerful people and groups stand to lose LOTS…or even everything…if Trump succeeds.

And if THEY succeed, then We the People lose.  And then what?  Even if we want to “shrug”, how can we?

The “Current Tax Payment Act of 1943” established MANDATORY Federal Tax withholding…and forever squashed the concept of a “Taxpayer Revolt”.  Oh, a few folks could withhold Quarterly payments, and people could up their Deductions to limit the withholding.  But the concept of a nationwide Taxpayer Revolt has nowhere near the potential that it did until 1943.

And since the folks who voted for Trump are NOT the hateful and violent people that the Left IS, we won’t be inclined to march & chant & riot.

So what do we do?  This is an open thread looking for ideas…just in case.

1. 2016 November 27 2:38 pm

Americans are more divided than any time since the Civil War. It basically boils down to those who love our country, fear for its future and want to save it versus those who couldn’t care less about the future of the United States. The second group included globalists who want one world government, leftists. social justice warriors, and even so-called conservative ideologues like Mark Levin and Ben Shapiro, who would sacrifice the country’s future for the sake of purity or a crazy women with a big rack.

It’s not a battle between liberals and conservatives or Republicans versus Democrats. It’s about those who want to put the country and its people first versus people with other agendas.

Oddly enough, many life-long Democrats may be on our side while many members of Conservatism, Inc. (people who make their living as professional conservatives) may not be.

2. 2016 November 27 2:57 pm

Bc3b, agreed…but if indeed the election gets stolen, how do we BEGIN to fight back.

Once we DO begin I know we will win. But how do we begin?

3. 2016 November 27 3:26 pm
    President Paul permalink

I’ve read her novels a long long time ago but Rand was not anti-government. In fact she was very snide to libertarians or anti-Federalists. There was not a term for neoconservatives back then but she would have fallen into that category had it existed.

4. 2016 November 27 3:32 pm
    President Paul permalink

Ayn Rand scam books
    “[Rand] Because Libertarians are a monstrous, disgusting bunch of people: they plagiarize my ideas when that fits their purpose, and they denounce me in a more vicious manner than any communist publication, when that fits their purpose. They are lower than any pragmatists, and what they hold against Objectivism is morality. They’d like to have an amoral political program.
    ***
    The Libertarians aren’t worthy of being the means to any end, let alone the end of spreading Objectivism.

Rand also disagreed with libertarians on foreign policy. For example, most libertarians – including Ron Paul – oppose military intervention against Iran, while the Ayn Rand Institute has supported forceful intervention in Iran.
    and “one of the least developed cultures” who “are typically nomads.” Consequently, Rand contended Arab resentment for Israel was a result of the Jewish state being “the sole beachhead of modern science and civilization on their (Arabs) continent”, while decreeing that “when you have civilized men fighting savages, you support the civilized men, no matter who they are.” (Many libertarians were highly critical of Israeli government at the time.)
    Sandeep Jaitly of Fekete Research says that real libertarians do not follow Rand’s philosophy.
    Murray Rothbard – founder of modern libertarianism, chief academic officer of leading libertarian think tank the Mises Institute, and one of the most important thinkers in the Austrian School of Economics – argued in 1972 that Rand was a champion for her own aggrandizement, not for liberty or reason.
    Rothbard accused Rand – in a long but must-read essay – of acting like a typical cult leader:

5. 2016 November 27 3:57 pm

I think this recount business is a scam and going nowhere. This Stein character has raised more for the recount than she raised for her whole campaign, and she’s laughing all the way to the bank. The real suckers are the weepy eyed dems who are giving her money on false hopes.

That being said, we have to begin fighting back against the Soros crowd who will undermine Trump at every opportunity. We need a war room to identify the threats, counter them, and keep these bastards in the shadows. Mitch McConnell and Paul Ryan are still the enemy as well. We need to beat the shit out of their mealy mouthed non leadership. Anybody not on the Trump train is on the track waiting to be run over.

Make America Great Again. Do it!!

6. 2016 November 27 4:07 pm

JR,

I don’t know if it is what ‘we do’ as much as it is what they ‘do themselves’. Lets say HRC does steal the election. One of the things she has said she would do is raise taxes on the rich, again. Now many high end folks have a marginal rate of 60-65% (Fed, St, Local) now.

Now imagine the attitude should the marginal rate was jacked to 80-90%? First those that could move, either internally to a lower taxed state or overseas would do so. As the ‘rich’ (but not really, high paid but little wealth.) exit the scene the tax impacts have to ratchet down to cover the gap. Pretty soon everybody who has a job is paying that 80-90%.

A revolt then becomes a general certitude.

As I mentioned in the last thread, demilitarize would be a good first step to testing the civil disobedience environment.

7. 2016 November 27 4:14 pm

PrezPaul: “I’ve read her novels a long long time ago but Rand was not anti-government.

not per se, no. she was against the SPRAWL and SPREAD of government into personal and business lives beyond what was necessary. AND she was 100% against Socialism in all its forms…including its most monstrous form: the elevation of the “Elite” into ultimate authority over Individuals. She would have been APPALLED over the current worshiping of mediocrity in the name of “Fairness”.

Perhaps you should re-read ‘Atlas Shrugged’

p.s. your second comment, #4, was total and utter BULLSHIT.

8. 2016 November 27 4:21 pm

I agree with your #6, drdog, I just fear there is enough “seed corn” for the Dems to plunder to prop up and illegal regime (e.g.: Hillary) until they could start a WAR.

Yup, as Big Brother noted: “War is Peace”

As Glen Beck pointed out (before he went INSANE…which he remains), the ‘Great Depression’ would have only been a regular depression if it weren’t for Roosevelt and his “New Deal” nonsense. His actions EXTENDED and deepened the depression.

World War II (including the buildup starting in 1940 to support England) actually ended the Great Depression.

John Galt hastened the collapse, in order to ensure something was left to re-build with (lest the government and non-achieving ‘Elite’ completely plunder the country and the world). How would we “hasten the collapse”, beyond what you note??

9. 2016 November 27 4:37 pm

btw…my fear (rational or otherwise) vis-a-vis the election is related to the picture below.

A powerful truck can be hitched to a massive trailer, and pull it huge distances. BUT, holding the hitch together is a LINCHPIN…held in by a relatively tiny COTTER pin. Remove the cotter pin and the linchpin will wriggle free…and the massive power of the truck is neutralized.

I do believe that Soros, et al, noticed long ago that the “cotter pin” of our elections was the Electoral College…and the lack of TEETH ensuring the Electors are faithful to those they represent. Even in cases where they are bound to vote as their State obligated them, the penalty for NOT doing so is tiny (a $1000 fine in some cases).

The Electoral College “cotter pin” holds in the House of Representatives “linchpin”. Remove the cotter pin and the linchpin can wriggle free…as could be the case if a large number of Congresspeople don’t LIKE the person who SHOULD have gotten the most Electoral College votes.

I pray I’m wrong…but all the “recount” bullshit seems aimed at giving the Electors an excuse to remove the “cotter pin”.

linchpin

10. 2016 November 27 4:43 pm

Justrand -If we can’t win an open election in which we garnered more than enough electoral votes to win, there’s no point in trying any more because Hillary will flood the country with illegal aliens and refugees. If peaceful efforts don’t work ,,,,

11. 2016 November 27 5:04 pm

Yup, bc3b…if!

Sooner or later the Progressives and their fools & tools line up on one side, and a million “Capt. John Parker” types and their “Minutemen” (and women 🙂 ) line up on the other.

Then….?

12. 2016 November 27 5:13 pm

My plan will be:

1) Ramp up retirement to concede with tax increases on high income earners. They can’t tax it if I don’t earn it.
    2) Hide as much of my wealth as possible.
    3) If I’m successful in reducing or eliminating my income, and if I can manage to show no net worth, maybe I suck at the teat for awhile too. I’ve subsidized takers for long enough…maybe it’s time to grab my share.
    4) Get my firearms in order. Stockpile plenty of ammo.
    5) Find about 50 acres somewhere away from the “urban youths” where I can grow some stuff if I have to. Ideally with about half of it wooded for a steady supply of firewood and maybe a deer or two, and the rest fertile farmland. And a bonus would be a river or stream running through it for access to fish.

In a nutshell, stop paying into the corrupt system, lay low and wait out the next 30 years until I die and don’t have to worry about it anymore. My biggest concern is my sons, and what they will have to deal with down the road.

13. 2016 November 27 5:24 pm

Good list, JBoz…especially #3

This would dovetail with drdog’s point that the Progressives would run out of Other People’s Money real fast.

14. 2016 November 27 5:31 pm

I would be nice if they also run out of other people as well. Libs only comprise 20% of the population and I suspect that the hard core are under 5%. Need to strip that 15% away from them somehow.

15. 2016 November 27 5:41 pm
    JBoz permalink

JR 13 – The list in #12 has sort of been my plan all along. I figured that a HRC presidency would give me a year or two before the massive tax hikes to bankroll and shelter before I ‘”became poor” and started collecting food stamps and welfare. I was going to arm up immediately though. A Trump presidency gives me 5 years, maybe longer before I have to implement the plan. In the highly unlikely event that she steals it, I just implement ASAP.

16. 2016 November 27 5:56 pm

First, I believe economic collapse is coming regardless who is in office. Maybe sooner with Trump as the elites are opposed to him.

First is food. Have enough for at least 6 months or more. Just don’t think about your immediate family, think about family and friends who may show up. What is adequate for 4 people for 6 months becomes 3 months for 8 people. So, if you have 4 people, plan for 8 or 12 or more. Better to have too much than not enough. Plus canned goods can last up to 20 years or longer. A canned good today at 50 cents is going to cost more in 6 months.

Second, guns and bullets. Should have 1 gun per family member with a minimum of 1000 to 1500 rounds per gun. Again, when is too much?

Third, silver and gold and other precious metals. Good place to store wealth and insulate you from inflation. Ask the Germans.

Fourth, network with like minded people. First family and friends.

17. 2016 November 27 6:01 pm

Gnqanq, I’m pretty good on most of your planning points…not quite there, but pretty good

Like JBoz though, I think a Trump presidency buys me a couple years to finish getting ready…with Hillary I start immediately

18. 2016 November 27 6:06 pm

JR – I hope you and JBoz are right. In 4 years, I should be golden. By then, I will be out of the metro area and in a more rural environment. Thus I will be more secure and be able to assist others. Like JBoz, I am looking for a rural setting with about 5 acres which should be sufficient.

19. 2016 November 27 6:59 pm

Maybe we should create a BJG compound 🙂

20. 2016 November 27 7:13 pm

JBoz, we have a “BJG compound”…it’s called Hut1369. 🙂

21. 2016 November 27 7:21 pm
    JBoz permalink

My former father-in-law bought a building lot on an old apple orchard that had been converted to 5 acre residential parcels. This was years ago, but I remember that he had probably 30 or 40 apple trees that we thought were pretty cool. Those things produced so many apples, it was hard to fathom. They eventually became a nuisance with the rotting fruit, the smell and the bees that he cut them all down except for 2 or 3. Eventually he pared back down to 1. It always stuck in my head – if you had a few apple trees, you would always have food.

I like the idea of having some food stores packed away, but I much prefer having natural, self replenishing sources of food. Some acreage to plant, two or three existing mature fruit trees, enough woods that a deer can be bagged occasionally, a stream to provide a water source and pull out a fish now and then. Maybe a a few chickens and a bee colony for honey.

22. 2016 November 27 7:28 pm

JBoz – great minds think a like.

I want about 5 acres, it should do. 2 to 3 fruit trees of each variety for cross pollination. Apple, pear, plum and peach. With some black berry and blue berry bushes with strawberry plants. Add in vegetables with chickens, goats and I should be golden. Add in a stream with a pond (fish) and you have an addition angle covered.

23. 2016 November 27 7:46 pm

gnqanq – sounds nice. A pretty good lifestyle even if the S doesn’t HTF 🙂

24. 2016 November 27 8:31 pm

JBoz, your FIL missed an excellent opportunity, at least today. A boar and 2 amer guinea sows would be perfect on a 5 acre orchard. They are foragers, more like a cow than a hog, but they will OD on the fallen apples. No mowing, no apple clean up and the sows would throw off between 8-12 piglets between them for sale or as feeders. The bacon from apple fatted hogs is to die for.

Some references coming up.

25. 2016 November 27 8:52 pm

What Germans experienced during the Weimar —

Two techniques I am looking at as far as food production in the future —

What I like about this approach is its simplicity and the fact that it is a proven technology.

A more traditional aquaponics approach. The plus of the design is that in incorporates methods that permit one to raise root crops. One maybe two of these units can support a family of 4, requirements dependant on location and USDA zone.

One thing to keep in mind — practice. I have found it can take 2 years to really master gardening in a particular area.

26. 2016 November 27 9:06 pm

Trump goes THERE… —

— I can only infer that he is thinking CA.

27. 2016 November 28 7:27 am

BJG College Football – Final Standings

Bc3b: 194-96 season/16-14 week
    JBoz: 184-106/15-15
    Fight On: 180-110/14-16
    MI Conservative: 177-113/15-15
    Justrand: 177-113/19-11
    Eph: 163-127/14-16
    Mullet: 162-128/14-16
    TLS: 148-142/16-14

The final week had more than its share of tight games and upsets. Congratulations to JR, who finished with 19-11, and TLS with 16-14.

Thanks to everyone for playing.

28. 2016 November 28 7:37 am

Hey, I won one week!! Justrand: 177-113/19-11

I should demand a recount of the other weeks!! 🙂

29. 2016 November 28 7:39 am

p.s. CONGRATS to bc3b for crushing us all, Conan the Barbarian style

30. 2016 November 28 7:51 am
    JBoz permalink

Runner up for the 2nd straight year. Always a bridesmaid. Starting to feel HRC’s pain.

31. 2016 November 28 8:10 am
    MI Conservative permalink

Justrand, call Jill Stein to pay for the recount. I’ll support the recount if I don’t have to start it, fund it, and I can pretend I want every vote counted.

32. 2016 November 28 8:14 am

JBoz, maybe you can join my recount effort? MIC is on board…sorta. 🙂

33. 2016 November 28 8:18 am

On a different note…as with the bogus recount effort of the Democrats, the purpose of Obama’s $hitstorm of last minute Regulations is NOT to see them enacted…but to be able to BLEEEEEAT later on about all the awesome “stuff” that the mean old Republicans TOOK AWAY FROM starving children, etc.

34. 2016 November 28 8:33 am
    JBoz permalink

I think not accepting the BJG football results would be horrifying. That’s a direct threat to our democracy. So, YES I will fully support the recount effort.

35. 2016 November 28 8:47 am

The entire article is splendid…and spot on. But pay particular attention to point #2:

“2.) Now let’s look at that popular vote more closely. As of today, according to The New York Times, Hillary Clinton has 62,391,335 votes from all states. She has 1,969,920 votes from the five counties that make up New York City, and 1,893,770 votes from Los Angeles County, California. Donald Trump has 61,125,956 votes from all states, including 461,174 votes from the five counties that make up New York City, and 620,285 votes from L.A. County. In other words, Hillary beat Trump 3,863,690 to 1,081,459 in New York and L.A.; he beat her by 60,044,497 to 58,527,645 in the rest of the country. So Hillary’s margin in the popular vote rests entirely on her margin in two large cities — neither of which was contested by the Trump campaign.”

36. 2016 November 28 8:58 am
    JBoz permalink

Active shooter at Ohio State University. Reports that 7 hit.

If seeing a Trump sign sends these snowflakes scrambling for safe spaces, Play Doh and therapy dogs, how will they handle this reality.

Also, no description of the shooter and no indication of a motive. Regardless, feigned outrage and cries for a gun grab in 3…2…1…

37. 2016 November 28 9:13 am
    President Paul permalink

Less than 3 hours until final game, game 12, of world chess champship. Tied up through 11 games.

38. 2016 November 28 9:18 am
    President Paul permalink

Black Lives Matter Salutes Fidel Castro, is ‘Grateful’ He Harbored an FBI Most Wanted Terrorist

39. 2016 November 28 9:55 am

BLM…staying classy!

40. 2016 November 28 10:25 am
    President Paul permalink

41. 2016 November 28 10:27 am
    President Paul permalink

TPM: Infowars Pushed Undocumented Voters Myth Trump Is Embracing

While elections officials and fact-checking websites have adamantly denied that any such widespread voter fraud occurred, one national news site has pushed this myth: conspiracy theorist Alex Jones’ Infowars.
    A widely-shared November 14 article from the site that alleged that “Trump may have won the popular vote” claims that “more than three million” votes were cast by non-citizens. As PolitiFact documented, the story is based off tweets from Gregg Phillips, a GOP operative who claims to be the founder of VoteStand.org, a voter fraud reporting app. It also cites a report from VoteFraud.org, though no such report exists.
    Phillips told PolitiFact he was still analyzing and verifying data and refused to offer any additional information about how he arrived at the three million figure.

True or false?

42. 2016 November 28 10:34 am
    President Paul permalink

Conway looks to stop the #NeverTrump saboteurs?

Joe Scarborough
    ✔@JoeNBC
    Giuliani and Conway are trying to intimidate the President Elect.
    How weak do they think he is?
    Their lack of discretion is embarrassing.
    10:41 AM – 27 Nov 2016

and

Joe Scarborough
    ✔@JoeNBC
    So Rudy tells the world what position he will and will not accept from Trump while Kellyanne attacks Trump’s choices in public.
    Wow.

and

Joe Scarborough
    ✔@JoeNBC
    Now all world leaders will be watching to see if a President Trump can be bullied by his staff.

43. 2016 November 28 10:37 am

Hitch in Stein’s come-a-long. PA will not do a recount. There must be an indication of fraud and be taken to court to prove it. No direct recount request possible in PA.

44. 2016 November 28 10:54 am
    JBoz permalink

DrDog #43 – do you have a source or a link? That would indeed by good news. Maybe JR will get down off the ledge 🙂

45. 2016 November 28 11:05 am
    MI Conservative permalink

I’m watching the Ohio State shooting on FOX news right now. Vdery interesting fact brought out. Not sure if their numbers are true but if they are…….

They said there are 60,000 students attend there. AND 40,000 employees!!!! Are you telling me there is an employee for every 1 and 1/2 students?!?!!!!! What an effing waste of money. And these bastards teach jack shit except for liberal, pansy ass stuff and we’re paying for these jack asses jobs?? This is ridiculous. It takes that many people to run a fricking college? Professors probably make $120,000 minimum and teach two classes a week that meet three times. and most of the work is done on a computer while the prof itches his butt and watches porn on his computer.

Sorry about the shooting there. Hope all recover and things go smooth but this pisses me off.

46. 2016 November 28 11:26 am
    JBoz permalink

Watching the info trickling in on the OSU shooting.

Exhibit A: They have the suspect (either dead or alive), but they are not releasing any details like name or description.
    Exhibit B: It was planned, and included a gun as well as a machete.
    Exhibit C: On the scene witnesses report that perp is/was brown or dark skinned.

This is following the exact same news flow template as San Bernardino. Of course I could be wrong, but the markers are there to indicate that this is a Muzzie.

If we continue to follow the San Bernardino template, we can expect:

1) Finally releasing perps name, but IMMEDIATELY repeating that there is NO INDICATION OF TERRORISM.
    2) MSM will search high and low for another motive…disgruntled grad student or employee are most likely.
    3) When it becomes painfully obvious in a few days that it was terrorism, the MSM will do anything and everything to disassociate it with Islam.
    4) The MSM will then brush it off as a lone wolf attack, and not tied to ISIS in any way.
    5) Jug Ears will take the bully pulpit and scold the nation for anti Islam sentiment, even though no acts of retaliation have occurred.
    6) MSM stops talking about it entirely.

47. 2016 November 28 11:27 am
    TLS permalink

True the Vote backing Trump. The left is trying to hammer him for this comment, but all they are doing is opening up a national conversation on the integrity of the vote. I know Catherine Engelbrecht and this is the opportunity she has been waiting for.

48. 2016 November 28 11:30 am
    TLS permalink

And don’t forget JBoz

#7 push for gun control

because guns cause people to kill people with a knife, or something

49. 2016 November 28 11:38 am

“Donald Trump indicated last week in his interview with the New York Times that he has not taken the possibility of prosecuting Hillary Clinton off the table. She better be very careful how she approaches this situation going forward before President Trump wins the recount, makes her concede a second time, and then assigns a special prosecutor to charge her for her years of corruption.”

50. 2016 November 28 11:39 am

JBoz (regarding the vote “recount”): “Maybe JR will get down off the ledge

HURRY…it’s freaking FREEZING out here!! 🙂

51. 2016 November 28 11:49 am
    TLS permalink

Drudge now showing that attacker was a Somali refugee and they “believe” a student at OSU.
    So they have enough info to identify his refugee status but not his enrollment. (See JBoz’s post 46, Item #2)

52. 2016 November 28 11:59 am

JBoz, open the window! I think he is ready to come in. 🙂

53. 2016 November 28 12:01 pm

TLS,

Like the 9/11 hijackers. He only needed to learn how to climb the steps, but not how to get down.

54. 2016 November 28 12:09 pm

Mattis — https://blog.usni.org/2010/12/17/a-general-mattis-christmas-story — a Xmas story.

Now imagine you are the jr OD that day!

55. 2016 November 28 12:25 pm

Great General Mattis story!

P.s. After reading drdog’s link in #51 I have decided to come inside (the ledge was getting slippery anyway)

56. 2016 November 28 1:22 pm
    JBoz permalink

The OSU terrorist apparently didn’t use a gun. His attack was with a car and a knife. This of course didn’t stop the loonies from coming out in force to use this to call for gun control. A gun was used to stop the attack!

57. 2016 November 28 2:27 pm

A Somali refugee, posts a rant about the “lack of Muslim prayer facilities at OSU”, then grabs a huge knife and, after plowing his car into a group of people, begins hacking at them while shouting: “Allah Akbar”.

Just read that the police are “unsure of his motive”. (yup!)

Uh huh.

(OK, I made that up…but damn, it’s not as far fetched as it used to be, eh?)

58. 2016 November 28 2:32 pm

Another view of the ClintonStein’ situation — https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-YaERkaUqU

59. 2016 November 28 2:33 pm

“In other news, a Christian man double-parked his car in downtown Cleveland…prompting calls for Christians to banned from driving.
    (OK, I made that up…but damn, it’s not as far fetched as it used to be, eh?)”

In the vernacular, he was Manspreading! Horrors!

60. 2016 November 28 2:34 pm
    JBoz permalink

JR #58 – so very true. A Muslim can hack people while shouting Allah Akbar, and we are scolded and lectured to about jumping to conclusions. Meanwhile, flying the American flag or wishing someone a Merry Christmas is treated as a hate crime.

61. 2016 November 28 2:59 pm
    MI Conservative permalink

Since the man was of darker skin color I’m waiting for Black Lives Matter to show up in Columbus to protest the police officer who killed him….. Followed by busloads of left wing nuts funded by Soros who will riot against the police.

62. 2016 November 28 3:07 pm

Lets just say that a Catholic mumbling vespers in Latin throwing Muslims in iron maidens would get an entirely different treatment than this guy by the Left.

63. 2016 November 28 3:12 pm

So I heard about the Ohio St thing this am before leaving for the gym……when I got home a couple hours later I figured I would scan the news channels to get an update…..Huh? Almost no coverage.
    Then I heard why, ‘a muslim with a knife and car!’ No use at all to PravdaUSA….therefore it didn’t happen.

64. 2016 November 28 3:22 pm

If Satire wasn’t already this dead, then the “Academic” bullshit quoted in this article would have killed it.

Premiere comment from the Comments Section:
    Good God! They’re going to INTERROGATE THE UNDERSTANDINGS!
    Bushitler returns with the waterboard!
    And don’t even get me started on the rhizome!
    Have we no humantiy left?

65. 2016 November 28 3:28 pm

Bruce, for a couple hours the MSM thought a [gasp!] gun was involved…then it was ‘Handgun Interruptus’, as it turned out the [religion redacted] individual didn’t have one.

The lack of a handgun had Media anchors weeping in ways reminiscent of Hillary’s defeat.

66. 2016 November 28 3:44 pm
    JBoz permalink

Low ratings causing the NFL to change it’s business model. I guess when faced with the decision to either kill Thursday night football…or make these f-ck sticks stand up for the anthem, they dug their PC heels in.

Got to hand it to Roger though – he’s staying true to his ideology, even though its costing the NFL countless millions, and could potentially cost him his job. He’s a true believer. Have fun going down with the ship Captain Goodell.

67. 2016 November 28 3:49 pm

68. 2016 November 28 4:05 pm

66….oh gee, I’m really sorry I missed that! That would have been such fun!

67……time for a new pro-league……the MFGA league (Make Football Great Again).

68……combined with missing the PA deadline I guess it’s in the hands of Pravda and Soros legal team now. 🙂

69. 2016 November 28 4:37 pm
    fight on permalink

I don’t know why every time I hear soro’s name he sounds like a bond villian.

Soro’s with a cat on his lap as the head of Spectre. He just gives me the creeps hope he is sharing a bunk with Fidel in their hut 666.

70. 2016 November 28 4:59 pm

71. 2016 November 28 5:35 pm

drdog09 –

More money for Jill Stein and the scam she’s pushing.

72. 2016 November 28 5:38 pm

MI Conservative –

There’s a reason why college costs have risen 40% more than medical costs from 1977 – 2008 (prior to ObamaCare).

73. 2016 November 28 5:41 pm

drdog09 –

Wisconsin denies request for a by-hand recount

There’s only three weeks until the electoral college votes.

74. 2016 November 28 5:46 pm

It could be these states don’t want to be on The Donald’s shiplist.

75. 2016 November 28 6:30 pm

76. 2016 November 28 6:49 pm

Don’t know if this was reported earlier, but it appears Stein missed the PA filing deadline by a week:

77. 2016 November 28 8:07 pm

Trump setting up Clinton for the fall? — http://dailycaller.com/2016/11/27/trump-to-ask-foreign-governments-to-probe-clinton-foundation/ — suggesting that foreign governments probe Clinton Foundation.

All I can say is, don’t screw with Trump.

78. 2016 November 29 6:23 am

Bumper Sticker —

Jill – Recount to Refund!

79. 2016 November 29 7:22 am

This guy makes a good case…but I STILL think Romney is a dick, and too NICE to take on the job of rooting out Socialism at the State Dept.

But presented for discussion…

80. 2016 November 29 7:31 am

Here’s an idea that makes way too much sense to ever be implemented:

81. 2016 November 29 7:51 am

VDH is one of, if not the Best, American essayists (Mark Steyn is Canadian 🙂 )

This is one of his best!

82. 2016 November 29 8:19 am

I am still camped that Trump needs to request a recount in CA. If for anything other than to wipe out the meme that HRC won the popular vote but still ‘lost’.

83. 2016 November 29 8:52 am

drdog, The People’s Republik of Kalifornia is a rigged State. EVERY State-wide position of EVERY kind is a Democrat. Governor, Lt-Gov, AG…all the way down.

In this State illegals are ENCOURAGED to vote…and given driver’s licensees to make it easier. They are “supposed” to check a box when they get the license that says: “I am a U.S. citizen” only if they are. But NO check is performed…by law. They CANNOT be asked to prove that. And once they check that box they can register to vote and NO ONE is permitted to EVER ask them again. Great system, eh?

84. 2016 November 29 9:37 am

Makes it hard. But a quick tell would be number who voted vs number registered. Betcha one will quickly find counties where there results were higher than 100%. Yep Dims are that dumb.

85. 2016 November 29 11:48 pm

Joe Scarborough – Why are you following that guy, he hasn’t been right about a single thing the entire cycle.

86. 2016 November 29 11:50 pm

78 – Mentioned it the other day, and added that she’s have to go to court and give a real argument and some proof of a need for a recount.