Tell Trump ‘Thank You’ Dowd, Then Leave the Stage

2017 November 19
tags:
by drdog09

When I interviewed women in Hollywood about the ugly Harvey Weinstein revelations in The Times and The New Yorker, they told me that feelings of frustration and disgust at having an accused predator in the White House instead of the first woman president had helped give the story velocity.

When I talked to Susan Fowler, after her blog post about sexual harassment at Uber that toppled its C.E.O., Travis Kalanick, she said that before Donald Trump’s election, women in Silicon Valley were speaking up but no one was listening.

“I think it was different this year because Trump won and people felt powerless,” she said. “I know I did. I felt super powerless. Because I felt, with Obama in the White House, I could just take for granted that good people were in charge.”

It is also interesting to speculate: If Hillary were in the Oval, would some women have failed to summon the courage to tell their Weinstein horror stories because the producer was also a power behind the Clinton throne? As Janice Min, the former editor of The Hollywood Reporter, told me, when Barack Obama stepped off a stage and into Weinstein’s arms for a big hug after giving a $400,000 speech as an ex-president in the spring, it sent a signal that the ogre was in a protected magic circle.

Source

So Dowd wants us to believe:

1) That women were disgusted that a sexual predator was in the White House. As a consequence they erupted against Weinstein.

2) That Feminism had finally broken thru the protection of the inner circle.

That sets up an interesting matrix. These ‘battered’ women by a quirk of events are being assisted by the presence of a supposed predator in the Oval Office. It could be possible but the next cannot be true:

That Feminism is now a force to be reckon with.

That does not explain the lack of action by Feminism in the Clinton Scandals for neigh on 30 years. Or the discovery of payoffs by Congress. Or does it? The simple answer is that Feminism sold it soul from the get-go for the money and access. The story is as old as the Bible — pride goeth before the fall.

Feminism all these years has been nothing more than another name for extortion.

1. 2017 November 19 7:30 am

Damn near EVERY seemingly legitimate cause sold its soul to the Left.

Environmentalism…cleaning up the air, water and our basic environment is a VERY good thing. But once the Left took it over then ALL real science went out the window as they sought to turn legitimate concerns for the environment into POWER!

Equality…treating everyone according the “content of their character” instead of the “color of their skin” is a VERY good thing. But once the Left took it over then ALL real concerns for equality went out the window as they sought to turn legitimate concerns for equality into POWER!

Feminism (as an offshoot of “Equality”)…treating everyone according the “content of their character” instead of their gender is a VERY good thing. But once the Left took it over then ALL real concerns for gender equality went out the window as they sought to turn legitimate concerns for gender equality into POWER!

and so on… In every case above, and every other Leftist cause, the pursuit of POWER trumps everything else. ANY price that someone ELSE pays is worth it to them. And yes, as is happening now, they will even eat their own in their pursuit of POWER.

Never turn your back on them.

2. 2017 November 19 7:59 am

Wow…this is THE sloppiest forgery in human history. Look at the images in the article:

3. 2017 November 19 8:53 am

The issue is how to apply the discovery to become righteous indignation so a counter voting wave goes for Moore.

4. 2017 November 19 9:14 am
    JBoz permalink

3 – I believe that is underway, and appears to be effective. The overarching narrative from the Moore camp is that this is an establishment hit job by McConnell (who has al lower opinion in Alabama than Jones) with an assist by Gloria Allred, and that the people of Alabama do not cotton to elites in Washington and Hollywood meddling in their business. This is resonating, and rightly so.

5. 2017 November 19 9:24 am
    JBoz permalink

More thoughts on Moore…anyone notice how the accusers have one by one evaporated? The accusations were made, then the “victims” were kept out of the spotlight. I suspect that these women were selected by a) their verifiable proximity to Moore in his single years, and b) their willingness to accept money to lie. But they are amateurs, just cash-strapped Alabama gals who took the bait, and would probably wilt under closer examination. The yearbook woman did her little crocodile tears routine for the cameras flanked by Allred…but has anyone seen her since? Has she made any kind of public statement since the yearbook signature has been called into question?

6. 2017 November 19 9:26 am

As I said last night, yearbooks are distributed at the end of the school year (June) and put on a shelf after a couple of weeks. Who carries a yearbook around in December?

7. 2017 November 19 9:30 am

JBoz – I am sure McConnell would prefer a Dem over Moore.

With McConnell and the rest of the RINOs, it’s about personal power, not ideology or the country. What do McCain, Miss Lindsey, Sasse, McConnell and Ryan believe in other than personal power and enriching themselves?

8. 2017 November 19 10:17 am

Right. Only thing I would add is that not only did we get our yearbooks in May but it was our Junior year that we received them. Most of us had done our scribbling before the Senior year started.

9. 2017 November 19 10:31 am
    JimNorCal permalink

Yes GOPe sees the party being taken over bit by bit and they’re panicked. “That’s not who we are”, they cry out.

10. 2017 November 19 10:46 am

Playing of the National Anthem prior to the 1073 Cowboys – Vikings NFC championship game:

Notice that about 75% of the players were white back then. At the risk of being called racissst, an uneducated black majority can wreck anything: nations, cities, neighborhoods, school systems and yes, the Golden Goose (aka NFL).

11. 2017 November 19 10:48 am
    Eph permalink

BC

Waaaaaay raaaaaaccccisssst !!-

12. 2017 November 19 10:49 am

JimNorCal – The GOP establishment doesn’t care about winning. They just want to be in charge and not get dirty, much like the coaches and captains of the Kansas football team.

13. 2017 November 19 11:14 am

It’s Sunday and I have absolutely no idea who the Lions are playing

14. 2017 November 19 11:37 am

“Because I felt, with Obama in the White House, I could just take for granted that good people were in charge.”
    I don’t think this means what you think it means!!!!

Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil;

Isaiah 5:20

15. 2017 November 19 12:03 pm

Eph –

* Zimbabwe was known as the “Breadbasket of Africa” when it was Rhodesia
    * 48213 was a very safe neighborhood. Now it has the third highest crime crime rate in the US
    * Detroit, Flint, Cleveland, Philadelphia, St. Louis and Oakland were once very livable cities
    * 60 years ago Detroit Public Schools were superior to every school district in the area except for Grosse Pointe and Bloomfield Hills
    * The NFL was not know as a thug league with players getting arrested every week in the 1960s

16. 2017 November 19 12:21 pm
    JimNorCal permalink

“I *bought* my sunglasses”
    The father of one of the shoplifters is trash talking Pres Trump. Disgraceful.

17. 2017 November 19 12:38 pm

bc3b – You are right about Zimbabwe. Once the breadbasket of Africa, it now imports food. South Africa is not far behind. In fact Zimbabwe is begging white farmers to come back.

Mean while, Zambia in the early 2000’s invited in White farmers with the goal of producing food that could be used as a means to feed their people and get hard currencies. Zambia is prospering while Zimbabwe, South Africa and Nambia circle the drain.

As you posted, most Democrat and Black communities circle the drain through their own fault. Yet can not see who is at fault.

So true what Christ said – “You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother’s eye.”

Matthew 7:5

18. 2017 November 19 1:10 pm
    Eph permalink

Oddly, 2018 could be a bloodbath for the GOP

Having nothing to do with Trump

19. 2017 November 19 1:26 pm
    JimNorCal permalink

18, yes.
    PowerLine makes a similar point.

The refusal of GOPe to keep promises, their visceral hatred of white conservatives makes things tough.
    Plus I think the argument is that lots of Dems who couldn’t make themselves vote for Hillary will come back to the party. I don’t think any Trump supporters will go away, and I don’t think media or NeverTrump hysteria will win a lot of converts.

20. 2017 November 19 4:29 pm
    Eph permalink

Jim,

I just sense that both the Trump populists and the GOPe will both stay home in 2018.

My only vote will go to Kelli Ward. That’s all.

No other vote for me

21. 2017 November 19 4:33 pm
    Eph permalink

Jim,

Per your piece.

I think the House is gone. Thanks to Ryan

The Senate is also gone even though red stated have the advantage.

I also think Ryan and McConnell are hoping to lose both braches in order to hurt Trump for 2020.

22. 2017 November 19 4:34 pm
    Eph permalink

Red states… Have the advantage

23. 2017 November 19 7:45 pm
    JimNorCal permalink

Eph, it’s been interesting to see the power swing back and forth.
    Didn’t Clinton have House, Senate and Pres at one point? And used it for “gays in the military”.
    Then Newt and gang won the House and things swung.
    Obama had House and Senate at one point.
    Now Repubs have House, Senate, Pres and a chance to lock in the Supreme Court for a decade or more. Yet they are only interested in thwarting Trump. God help us, since the GOPe refuses.
    But it’s interesting to see the voting public swing like banners in the wind.

24. 2017 November 19 9:26 pm
    JimNorCal permalink

This makes me happy, but I’d be ecstatic to hear that she’s eating scraps out of a dumpster … not that I hold grudges or anything …. h/t InstaPundit

“Kathy Griffin Comes Unglued: Not ‘One Single Paid Day Of Work In Front Of Me.’ The D-list comedian, who was blasted for releasing a photo of herself holding a bloody severed head that looked like President Trump, posted another bizarre video to her YouTube page on Saturday. . . . I would love to be on a television show. And I want to be paid what the guys are paid.”

25. 2017 November 20 4:28 am

Sweet Bippy that’s music to my ears! Don’t wish her ill but a bit of mental anguish and a job as a barrista at Starbucks is the kind of struggle that strengthens the soul. Focuses the mind to the essentials.

26. 2017 November 20 4:50 am

Jim,

I’ll trade you one ditz red head for one scared out of their wits brunette.

“Former IRS executive Lois G. Lerner told a federal court last week that members of her family, including “young children,” face death threats and a real risk of physical harm if her explanation of the tea party targeting scandal becomes public.”

It must be really damaging is all I can say. All the better reason that it become part of the public record. It amazes me how often Liberals never take stock of the consequences of their actions.

27. 2017 November 20 5:00 am

Charles Manson RIP. Good riddance.

Damn, have not even made it to work yet and this is the best Monday I have had in ages. A perp, a bimbo and savage all run thru the Karma wheel; what’s not to like?

28. 2017 November 20 7:21 am

drdog: “this is the best Monday I have had in ages. A perp, a bimbo and savage all run thru the Karma wheel; what’s not to like?”

PERFECT!! 🙂

29. 2017 November 20 4:54 pm

21 – I agree it’s what they would like (to be back in minority).

30. 2017 November 20 4:55 pm

26 – actions have consequences beotch.