Exit Fed Right?

2018 July 21
tags:
by drdog09

“The United States should not be penalized because we are doing so well. Tightening now hurts all that we have done,” Trump tweeted. “… Debt coming due & we are raising rates — Really?”

Analysts essentially reacted the same way — really? — in response to the rare public criticism of the Fed from a sitting president.

They questioned Trump’s understanding of monetary policy and global economics while warning of the danger of the Fed making interest rate decisions based on short-term political calculations instead of what’s best for the economy over the long term.

Trump’s comments were even more confounding because he handpicked Fed Chairman Jerome H. Powell and referred to him in the CNBC interview as “a very good man.”

– LAT
Source

Serious LAT? That a man who works in real estate for half a century and sweats quarter points on a loan does not know about interest rates? Pleeeeaze.

What I find interesting is that Trump is gigging his own Fed Chair. I would have expected a rail ride to the White House for the Chair. So I say to myself, is this a prelude to the Trump softening up campaign for say ditching the Fed?

No facts, but the Trump pattern is in play.

1. 2018 July 21 2:34 pm
    JimNorCal permalink

2. 2018 July 21 3:00 pm

Yet more embarrassment for the FBI. Agent caught taking photos of 22 year old woman in dressing room:

3. 2018 July 21 5:08 pm

I would love to see ‘The Fed’ shitcanned. Gold standard…or some other commodity ‘Standard’ that speaks to tangible value is the only way to go.

4. 2018 July 21 5:13 pm

PR mayor arrested for conversion of HUD funds.

5. 2018 July 21 5:30 pm
    JimNorCal permalink

Isn’t there a scandal about the PR gov and a new vehicle?
    Jeez.

6. 2018 July 21 5:35 pm
    JimNorCal permalink

Bankrupt Puerto Rico Buys Governor a $245,000 SUV. Anger Ensues

7. 2018 July 21 5:41 pm
    JimNorCal permalink

8. 2018 July 21 6:10 pm

More are recognizing what is coming– https://tomluongo.me/2018/07/20/in-u-s-sometimes-cia-eat-you/

9. 2018 July 21 6:28 pm

drdog – #8 – unlike 1963, the people are on to them. The people realize who the deep state is and if something happens to trump – pitch forks, torches, lamp posts and ropes.

10. 2018 July 21 6:32 pm

Oh Dear….

11. 2018 July 21 7:10 pm

GN,

I hope you are right!

12. 2018 July 23 12:04 am

“softening up campaign for say ditching the Fed? ”

They’ll never let that happen see #9 year reference.

As for the rail ride to WH.
    Frankly if I’m the current US President I basically can’t say anything in private these days without it leaking anyway, so I might as well just say it publicly, though I’d probably choose a longer form platform for it and not twitter unless it was largely a fire-and-forget thing – or I’m setting the stage to blame some down turn on “the fed”.

13. 2018 July 23 12:37 am

2 – The only semi-surprising thing there is that the local cops arrested him, though the charge is the 4th degree ‘observation’ while what he was alleged to be doing was clearly the 3rd degree – photography. The difference is max 18mo vs max5 years. Maybe he wiped the phone before the po-po arrived so they could only safely charge the lessor – at least up front.